Show Off

Love after Marriage

 

Ena woke up to an empty bed. MyungSoo was already up and in the shower. She could hear the shower running. Ena check the nursery and saw that JooEun wasn’t in her crib. She walks back into the room just in time to catch MyungSoo coming out of the bathroom.

“Where did JooEun go?”

“JiHyun came and got her. She said she wanted to spend the day with JooEun.” MyungSoo rubs the towel into his hair to dry it.

“And you just said yes without asking me?”

“You were still sleeping, I didn’t want to wake you.” MyungSoo threw the wet towel into the used towel basket. “Are you mad?”

“No. I trust JiHyun with her. She’s like a second mother to JooEun.” Ena open the clean towel basket and pulls out a dry towel. “I’m going to take my time in the shower then.”

 

Since everyone was already out of the house Ena was stuck with MyungSoo for the day. It was Sunday, usually everyone was home on Sundays. Ena looks around the house. Even the maids were off. She looks over at MyungSoo who was sitting across from her. He was staring at her too but his eyes weren’t fixed on her face but rather on her hand.

 

“What is it?” Ena asks hiding her hand under the table.

“Your ring, you’re not wearing it.”

“We’re just in our home I don’t need to wear it. Everyone in this house knows we’re married.” Ena looks at her empty hand and then at his. “Yah where’s yours?”

“I don’t have one.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t need one.” MyungSoo stuck his hand out to look at his empty ring finger.

“Yes you do. If I need one you need one too. What if some girl thought you weren’t married yet and came to hit on you?”

“I will kindly decline her.”

“I can kindly decline too if a man approach me.”

“You can…” MyungSoo took a slip of his coffee. “But I rather have guys not approach you at all.”

“I rather have girls not approach you either.” Ena stood up from her seat.

“Where are you going?” MyungSoo asks looking at her.

“I have some where to go.” Ena drink the last drip of her orange juice and ran up stairs to go get change.

“Yah, I want to go too! Where are you going?” MyungSoo yells after her.

 

----

 

MyungSoo leans on the counter and sighs while glaring at Ena.

 

“What? I told you not to come.” Ena looks at him.

“If I didn’t come that sales guy would be all over you. Why are you sweet talking to him?”

“When did I sweet talk to him?”  Ena glares back at him.

“I saw it.”

“When?” Ena steps closer to him. “When did you see me sweet talk to him?” She took another step forward.

“Don’t come any closer or I’ll kiss you.” MyungSoo threatens taking a step towards her.

Ena started side stepping away from him. “Leave me alone.”

“I don’t want to.” MyungSoo started moving towards her. He kept getting closer and closer pushing her to the wall. He place on hand on the counter and one on the wall trapping her in.

“Yah.” Ena hits his chest. “We’re in a public place.”

He leans in for a kiss but Ena covers her lips before he got to close. “I know.” He smiles at her and kiss her fore head instead. “I’ll save it for later.” He whispers into her ear.

“You two make such a cute couple.” The sales guy came out from the back with a ring set. “Here try it on for size.” Ena slip on hers and so did MyungSoo. “Perfect fit. Just like you two.”

“We’ll take it.” MyungSoo took out his card and hands it over.

 

Ena walks out of the store first and started laughing.

 

“Have you gone crazy?” MyungSoo asks coming out of the store.

“You.” Ena points to him and laughs. “You were jealous of a gay guy.”

“I didn’t know he was gay. If I did I wouldn’t even be worried.”

 

MyungSoo glares at her as he follows her down the sidewalk. He watches as she playfully skips along the windows of the stores. He had never seen her like this before so it was new to him. It made him unconsciously smile. Why is he taking so long to tell her that he like her? He thought to himself. She was already his so even if she rejects his confession she’s still his wife. MyungSoo started to pick up his pace. He ran to her and grabs her hand.

 

“What is it?” Ena stops skipping.

“Let’s go show off our rings.” MyungSoo intertwine their fingers together and made their way into a snack cart where it was filled with couples. “Ahjumma one serving of everything!” MyungSoo yells.

“Yah, are you that hungry?” Ena asks surprised.

“This snack cart is very popular. You have to eat everything from here.”

“One of everything coming up.” The Ahjumma came over with two paper cups with water.

“Ahjumma, I got married.” MyungSoo showed her his ring and then showed her Ena’s ring.

“Yah I knew you would get taken soon. Good for you, make sure to give your parents lots of grandchildren.” The Ahjumma pat his shoulder.

Ena smacks his arm. “What are you doing?”

“Showing off.” MyungSoo looks at the couple next to them. “Hey, you two should get married soon too. I always see you two here. I got married already.” Again he showed them his ring then Ena’s. The couple congratulated him awkwardly.

Ena pulls him away from the couple. “Sorry don’t mind him. He’s just sugar high right now.” Ena hit’s him again. “What are you doing? You’re so embarrassing.” Ena scolds him.

“I’m showing off our rings how many times do I have to tell you?”

Ena glares at him. “Stop it it’s embarrassing.”

“Fine, we’ll go show it off somewhere else.”

“No, no more showing off our rings.”

“Why not? It’s fun.”

 

The ahjumma brought out the first two dish and Ena quickly ate. The faster she ate the faster they will leave this stall.