Chapter 12; Rival? Can't be

The past is the past.

 

CHAPTER 12
 
KEY'S POV
I got up and took a bath. It was 10am in the morning, one more hour left til I have to go to Amber's dorm.  After I got dressed, I took my luggage and back-pack and went to the living room where I saw the others eat breakfast. Taemin and Jonghyun will also spend their day with the girls.. Onew-hyung and Minho will be visiting their parents.. While I'm going to America with Amber.
"Come and have breakfast Kibum!" Onewhyung said.
"I'll just eat toast," I said as I took a toast from the table and sat on the couch. Minho and Taemin was watching Disneychannel. 
"Yah~ Can you switch the channel please?" I said. Taemin changed the channel to news.
"SM Family to have vacation in two weeks, to take a break from the hectic schedules," was the headline.
"Guess we'll be away from the media for a while," Jonghyun said
 "WHICH IS AWESOME!" Taemin added
We sat and watched the news for a while and after 30 minutes, I started getting ready.
"I'll be going," I said and took my luggages, put on my shoes and jacket.
"Take care there Kibum~" Onew hyung waved
"Don't forget gifts!" Taemin added with aegyo
"Watch over Amber!" Minho added
"And take alot of pictures!" Jonghyun said
"I will~ You guys too, take care while I'm away for a while," I said and waved for the last time, and finally went out of the door. I walked to the garage and get on my car, actually my manager's car but I can borrow it. 
I drove to f(x)'s dorm and rang on the doorbell.
"Hello~" I said on the doorbell
"It's Key! It's Key!!" I heard Victoria noona shout
"Hi noona!" I said cheerfully
"Hi~! Yah, take care of Amber huh?" she said in a very serious voice
"I will noona, you take care in China too!" I said. 
I waited for Amber to come down and after a minute, she finally came down. She didn't have that big luggage, not a handbag but a backpack.
"Looking great," she said as we went in the car
"You too baby~" I said and took a picture of her from my camera. 
"Why are you taking pictures already?" She said weirdly
"Because this trip is going to be very memorable, and we have to take pictures every second!" I said and smiled. 
I started driving and after an hour, we finally arived at the airport. I wore sunglasses and a beanie for disguise and so did Amber.
"We can pass as brothers," I joked.
"Shut up Key~" She said and pouted
"Aigoo, I was just kidding! You look cool,"
"Of course I do," she said and gave me a mehrong.
Our flight was at 12, we boarded at around 11:40 and sat on the airplane. I took my cellphone and was supposed to turn it off when suddenly Amber took it.
"You have our picture as your wallpaper?" She said as she stared at my phone.
"Yeah why? Youre my bestfriend!" I said, "And that's my favorite picture of us," I added. It was a picture taken during our trainee days, it was summer and was taken infront of the han river. It was also when we were... together. My arms were around her shoulder, and we were really happy that time. Memories started flashing in my head.
"This is my favorite picture of us as well," she said and smiled. I didn't know what to reply and it suddenly became very silent. 
"Let's take a new picture now!" I said as I tried to break the silence. I took my cellphone and took a quick snapshot of us. I took a look at it and it looked great.
"Please turn off your cellhone devices," the flight attendant said. I turned off my cellphone and so did she. 
After some more minutes the plane finally took off. I took my ipod and listened to it. I looked at Amber and it looked like she was bored. 
"Want to listen?" I asked her and offered the other ear phone. She took it and we both listened to my ipod. Before we even noticed, we fell asleep. 
After 2 hours of sleep I finally woke up, I was about to get up and go to the restroom but I saw Amber leaning on my shoulder. "Aww you look so cute," I said and pinched her cheeks. "Well I guess I have to wait til you wake up," I thought and sighed. I the TV and watched some random movie. After 30 minutes she finally woke up. 
"How long was I asleep?" she asked and scratched her head, she didn't notice that she was sleeping on my shoulder for two hours. 
"two hours and 30 minutes," I answered
"Wow.. that long?" she asked weirdly
"Yeah," I said and chuckled at her cuteness.
"I'll just go to the restroom for a bit," I said as I got up.
 
After many more hours, we finally arrived at America.
"Finallyyyyyyyy~!" I cheered and streched my arms.
"Let's go!" she said and stood up from her seat. I helped her with the luggages.
"How come you have such a big luggage with you?" She asked
"Because I need alot of clothes," I answered
"Youre such a diva," she said and chuckled. 
We headed out and I could really feel that I'm in America. "It's so great to be here," I said
"Thanks for inviting me Amber," I said
"You actually invited yourself," Amber said and chuckled.
"Err, yeah, whatever! Let's grab a snack first, I'm soooo hungry!" I said and dragged her to the nearest food stall I saw. We ordered a sandwich and coke. 
"Ah! I forgot to convert korean money to dollars!" I said and snapped my head.
"Don't worry, I'll pay," She said and smiled.
After eating, we just went out and called a taxi. We're going directly to Amber's residence. I don't know why but I feel so nervous, maybe because I'm meeting her parents for the first time? Her parents already know me because Amber said she has told her parents a lot about me. "Just be yourself Key, fighting!" I said to myself.
END OF KEY'S POV
 
NOBODY'S POV
"We have arrived!" Amber said cheerfuly and jumping of joy.
"Why are you like that?" Amber asked Key, who was shaking.
"I- I'm jj-ust ex-excited tt-to meet yo-youre pare-nts," Key stuttered.
"Aw don't be nervous! I know that they will like you!" Amber said, trying to take away his nervousness.
Amber opened the door and ran towards her mother. Her father came down the stairs and came running down Amber and together they did a group hug, forgetting Key who was just standing there.
"Oh mom! It's Key~ you know him right?" Amber said as she finally broke away from the group hug.
"Of course I do! How can I not forget the person who helped my daughter while she was in Korea?" Amber's mom said as she came towards Key and hugged him
"So you're the one who helped Amber and thought her korean?" Her dad said.
"That's me," Key said, trying to smile.
"It's great to meet you," Her dad said and shaked his arms.
"I'm- We're very thankful to you Key, without you, our Amber must have suffered alot during her trainee days," Her mom said thankfuly
"It's nothing mam', you're welcome," Key said and bowed.
"Call me auntie," Amber's mom said and smiled. Key's nervousness was gone now.
"Come Key and I'll show you the guestroom!" Amber said and dragged Key,
"Oh wait Amber, Henry will come here later this day, I told him that you were coming," Her mother said in Taiwanese, Key didn't understand but was curious to what Amber's mom said.
"Ok mom," Amber answered and continued to drag Key to the guestroom.
"What did she say?" Key asked
"Oh, my childhood friend, Henry will, umm- come later to greet m-me," Amber said and stuttered.
"Oh, I thought we were going shopping later," Key said in dissapointment.
"Don't worry, we will have time to go shopping, is it ok?" Amber asked
"Oh, fine then," Key said and sighed.
"Oh btw how long have you and Henry known each other?" Key asked, curiously
"Umm, we grew up together, went to school together, and yeah, pretty much bestfriends," Amber answered. 
"Oh really? Do you like him?" Key asked, trying not to sound jealous.
"No, why? You jealous?" Amber
"Wha-? Of course not!" Key said, still not trying to sound jealous but failed.
"Here's your room, feel at home," She said and showed Key the guestroom,
"Thank you very much," Key said in an aegyo tone
"No problem, go change to comfortable clothes then we'll eat lunch," Amber said. 
"Ok," Key said. Amber left the room and closed the door. Key changed into a t-shirt and shorts. Amber also changed to a more comfortable clothes. They both went downstairs to the dining room. Amber's mother was preparing the lunch. Key, ran towards Amber's mother.
"May I help you auntie?" Key asked as he took the plates and laid it on the table.
"It's ok Key, thank you for helping," Amber's mother said and smiled. "Immpresive," she thought.
"Let me help too mom," Amber said and took the food and laid it to the table.
"You guys are such a great kids," Amber's father said, they both smiled.
After they have set the table, they began eating.
"I will eat deliciously!" Amber and Key said in unison.
Suddenly someone came in,
"Hello Auntie! Hello Uncle!" said Henry
"Henry!" Amber said and ran towards him and gave him a big hug. This made Key very jealous but he kept on eating. "So that's Henry," Key thought.
"Oh Henry! You came! Come and have lunch with us!" Amber's mother said
"Oh and meet Key! He's my bestfriend, he's from shinee," Amber said. Henry approached Key, Key stood up and shaked hands with Henry.
"I know shinee! ring ding dong~" Henry said
"Oh thank you, pleasure to meet you," Key said and bowed. Henry didn't know much about the korean culture but he bowed back. 
"It's nice to meet you too, I heard alot from you," Henry said, Key glanced at Amber and smiled.
"He's the one who took care of Amber during their trainee days, you know," Amber's mother said and smiled.
"We owe Key alot," Amber's father said and smiled
"Oh no, you don't owe me anything at all uncle," Key said shyly.
 
Henry sat down beside Amber, so Ambers in the middle while Key and Henry was both on her side. They talked and chatted, pretty much how Amber was doing. They both said that they were succesful and popular in Korea which was of course true. After they ate lunch and cleaned up. Henry,Amber and Key sat down on the living room and the TV
"Hey do you guys have korean channel?" Key asked
"Of course we have! My family monitors me," Amber said and chuckled.
"Haha~ switch to the korean channel then," Key said and Amber switched the channel.
"It's silent today, maybe because we're not there," Key joked.
"Haha! Agree! Because the SM artists are having a vacation and hiding from the media," Amber said and laughed. Henry was observing Amber and Key, he was a bit jealous...
"Amber! Let's go to the shopping mall!" Henry suggested.
"Uhm.." Amber stuttered. "I promised Key to go shopping with him," Amber thought.
"C'mon Amber, we haven't seen each other in a long time! Let's hang out!" He continued. Key glared at Amber but didn't say anything. Amber didn't want to make Key sad, and because it was the first time they will be together in America.. but, Henry is her bestfriend too and she haven't seen him for a while.
"I actually promised Key to go with him to the mall,"Amber started but was cut off by Henry.
"Well then, can I come with you guys?" Henry asked
"Well I guess so, ask Key," Amber said and glared at Key who was rolling his eyes.
"I guess you can come," Key said and gave a short sigh.
 
So Henry has to come with them. It was supposed to be Key and Amber's shopping day in America time, but Henry had to come. Key understood that Henry missed Amber though, but he just wanted to spend some time with Amber, alone. They dressed up quickly and headed to the mall. Henry used his car and drove them to the nearest shopping mall. It was a big mall , Key was already excited.
"So I heard you're into fashion, Key?" Henry asked.
"Of course I am, I'm the fashionista in our group," Key said in a diva tone which made Amber laugh.
"It's true Henry, Key's really the best in fashion!" Amber said.
"Well, that's great then, there's alot of good clothing shops here," Henry said and smiled.
They arrived at the shopping center and went in. It was huge! 
"What are you guys waiting for! Let's go shopping!" Key said cheerfuly and was already running to a shop.
"Key really likes shopping huh?" Henry asked, Amber and Henry was just walking.
"Yup! Shopping makes him complete," Amber said and chuckled, "Hey wait!" Amber shouted and ran to the shop were Key was, he was already picking out some clothes.
"Looks like Amber really is happy when she's with Key. She can't stop smiling when he's with him. I think she loves him. I need to talk to Key," Henry said to himself and walked to the store. He found Key on the men clothing department. He looked around and didn't saw Amber near.
"Um Key can I ask you something?" Henry started
"Umm, ok, what is it?" Key asked weirdly but kept on picking and looking at the clothes. Ignoring Henry.
"Do you like Amber?" Henry said. Key stopped on looking at the clothes and looked into Henry.
"Yes I do, I love her," Key said truthfuly.
"I love her too," Henry said
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARCH 9 | 9pm.
 
A/N: Here's the promised update! And I think this is a long chapter, right? LOL
Anyways~ Key and Henry both like Amber! What to do ? Will Henry confess ? What will Key do? 
Next chapter will be the continuation of Keyber's America trip:) So more Kryber next chapter!^^
I'm going to make looooong chapters for the vacation! hahaha~ hope it's ok for you guys..
i want comments! ^^ Please do comment ^^ Thank you to my new subscribers :)