CHAPTER EIGHT

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

“Baby, can we talk?”

 

“sure baby. I need also to tell you something.” Yu Ra wrapped her arms around Taemin’s arms.

 

The two went to the school field.

 

“what do you want to say baby?”

 

“oh yeah! Guess what, my eonnie finally accepted you as my boyfriend! That’s nice right? And you know what, she wants you to meet this weekend.” Yu Ra said happily.

 

Taemin just faked a smile.

 

“baby.. i…”

 

“so baby? What do you want to say?”

 

Taemin suddenly felt guilty and nervous. He doesn’t know how to start his sentence.

 

“baby?”

 

“oh! Yu Ra… I need to tell you something important.”

 

“go on.. I’m waiting.” Yu Ra smiled innocently.

 

When Taemin saw that smile from her, he felt so much guilt and felt pain on his heart. How could he break this innocent girl in front of him? He took first a deep sighed and gathered all his strength.

 

“let’s split up.” Taemin bowed and never dared looking at Yu Ra’s eyes.

 

SILENCE…………………………………………..

 

 

“Yu Ra?” Taemin lifted his head and looked at Yu Ra looking to no where. Her face was blank and emotionless.

 

“Yu Ra… are you ok? I’m.. I’m sorry…”

 

“are you playing a prank on me oppa? Yah, it’s not yet april.” Yu Ra’s voice trembles.

 

“Yu Ra I’m not playing a prank…”

 

“oppa…” Yu Ra doesn’t know where to look.

 

“Yu Ra look at me. Please.” Taemin cupped her face.

 

“you.. you didn’t loved me right? You don’t love me isn’t?” Yu Ra asked with teary eyes.

 

“Yu Ra…”

 

Yu Ra yanked Taemin’s hands on her face. “you don’t know the difference of Love and Pity?!” Yu Ra looked broken on Taemin’s eyes.

 

“how did…”

 

“everybody kept on saying those words to me. But I am so stupid to believe that you loved me.”  Yu Ra’s tears fell.

 

“Yu Ra please don’t cry…”

 

Yu Ra wiped her tears and forced a bitter smile.

 

“it’s ok. Let’s just split then. If that’s what you want.”

 

“I’m sorry for hurting you.” Taemin bowed.

 

Yu Ra scoffed. “you are such a stupid person. Why are you saying sorry? Have you forgotten that I am used to it? I’ve been left always by the people around me. So don’t say sorry too much because nothing’s new.” Yu Ra walked out and just passed Taemin.

 

Taemin felt really bad when he heard her words. ‘I’m used to it.’ He promised to her that he won’t leave her but he broke that promise.

 

THAT EVENING…

 

“Yu Ra.. what’s wrong? Are you ok? Are you crying?” Yu Ri sat beside Yu Ra crying under her pillow.

 

“eonnie you are right. No one will love me. Only you. Only you will love me until the day I die.”

 

“Yu Ra wae? Did Taemin hurt you?”

 

“eonnie, he doesn’t love me. He just felt pity on me. He never loved me.” Yu Ra sobbed.

 

 

Yu Ri felt sad at the same time mad. How dare Taemin played her sister’s heart. She doesn’t know how to comfort Yu Ra so she just laid beside her and hugged her.

 

“ssh… don’t cry anymore. He doesn’t deserve your tears.”

 

“I should just listened to you before. I’m so stupid to believe that someone will really love me. I’m so dreamy eonnie. Why do they always leave me? Am I not really deserving to be loved?”

 

“as long as I am here Yu Ra, you will be loved. I won’t leave you. I only care for you. We will always be together no matter what happens.”

 

Yu Ra hugged Yu Ri back and buried her face under her chest.

 

“eonnie please, promise me… you won’t leave me…” Yu Ra said in between her sobs.

 

“I promise. So stop crying now ok?” Yu Ri caressed Yu Ra’s hair.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“condolence?”  Jin Ki visited Taemin’s room holding a bowl of chicken.

 

The two become closer since their father went to Los Angeles.

 

Taemin sighed and squeezed his eyes. “hyung, we broke up”

 

“good.”

 

“good? Hyung it’s not good!”

“for you.. but for her yes. She doesn’t need your pity Taemin. She needs love.” Jin Ki took a piece of chicken and plunged on his mouth.

 

“hyung I hurt her.”

 

“but it’s more painful for her if you are still with her and trying to let her feel that you love her.” Jin Ki said while munching his chicken on his mouth.

 

Taemin looked down feeling of so much guilt on him.

 

“so how about your new love? How is she?”

 

Taemin just gave a small smile. “she’s fine. I’ll be meeting her sister this weekend. They had already concealed with each other and she wants to meet me.”

 

“That’s………..good?”

 

“are you asking me hyung?” Taemin chuckled.

 

“do you love that girl?”

 

“ne hyung. She’s already my girlfriend.”

 

“are you sure that’s love?”

 

“ne hyung. I’m really sure.”

 

Jin Ki just sighed and offered his chicken to Taemin.

 

“ani hyung. I just finished drinking banana milk.”

 

Jin Ki chuckled. “you have already gained two girlfriends but you still drinking banana milk?”

 

Taemin pouted and playfully hit Jin Ki’s arms.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Taemin was really nervous to attend to his school. He doesn’t know how to face Yu Ra. Well he was nervous like hell because Yu Ra was his seatmate.

 

He was walking through his way to their classroom, he decided to go to school late because he doesn’t like things will be more awkward between him and Yu Ra. But to his surprise, Yu Ra wasn’t on her seat.

 

She didn’t attended the whole class for the whole week. Taemin was really worried about her, he kept on sending a messages to her but he didn’t get any reply from her even one.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“hyung, what fits me more? This or this?” Taemin showed two shirts.

 

“where are you going?”

 

“Remember? I’ll meet Yu Ri’s sister today. I want to be presentable in front of them.”

 

“oh.. uhm… just wear black shirt, black vest and a black skinny jeans.”

 

“ey hyung. Why all black? I am not attending a burial you know.”

 

“black fits you more.”

 

Taemin pouted but still obeys Jin Ki’s fashion advice.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“are you already fine? Are you done crying the whole week? Go and wash yourself. My boyfriend will be here in any minute.”

 

Yu Ra yawned and scratched her stomach.

 

“tch tch… look at you. You are so messy. How could Taemin do that to you? You look like already a mother!” Yu Ri teased Yu Ra.

 

“ya eonnie, caught it out.”

 

Yu Ri chuckled.

 

“ok ok. Now go and wash.”

 

Yu Ra went inside the bathroom and took her shower.

 

After 20 minutes…

 

“where are you going eonnie?”

 

“I’ll be fetching Taemin at the restaurant. He doesn’t know where we live.”

 

“tch! Is he really your boyfriend? How come he doesn’t know where do you live?”

 

“because we always meet at the restaurant.”

 

“ok?....... so is he already there?”

 

 

"Yes. So got to go. Bye bye.”

 

Yu Ri immediately went to the restaurant.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I’m sorry. Did you wait too long?”

 

“did you run?”

 

Yu Ri nodded. Taemin cupped her face and kissed her on her lips that made her blushed again.

 

“next time just take a cab ok? I don’t want you to get tired.” Taemin said.

 

“let’s go, my sister is already waiting for us.” Yu Ri pulled Taemin’s hands.

 

“yah, are we walking? Let’s just ride.”

 

“but it’s not that too far from here.”

 

“it’s ok. I don’t feel like walking today.” Taemin laughed and took a cab.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“does her boyfriend is already there?” Taemin asked while they were on the cab.

 

Yu Ri suddenly frowned and Taemin noticed it. “ani. They broke up already.”

 

Taemin’s mouth formed ‘o’

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“it’s ok. I really hate her ex boyfriend, he has no idea how my sister cried over him every night. She even decided to not attend on her school for one week because he was her classmate and the worst is, they are seatmates.”

 

Taemin suddenly remembered Yu Ra. She and Yu Ri’s sister had the same situation right now.

 

“here we are!” Yu Ri exclaimed.

 

Taemin looked around and he felt familiarities. They went down the cab hand in hand.

 

“Yu…. Yu Ri.. why are we.. why are we here?” Taemin felt nervous and began to worry.

 

“This is where I live.” Yu Ri answered.

 

“mwo?! Here? As in behind this blue gate?! " Taemin almost shouted at Yu Ri.

 

“wae? Are you disappointed that we are not wealthy?”

 

“an.. ani… that’s not what I mean…” Taemin’s face softened.

 

Yu Ri smiled and walked inside of the gate and knocked the door.

 

“Yu Ri, can I ask you something?”

 

“sure, what is it?”

 

“what’s your sister’s name?” Taemin was praying that time that Yu Ri won’t say Yu Ra’s name even though it’s really impossible for her to not say it.

 

“Yu Ra. Park Yu Ra.”

 

As Yu Ri said her name, the door opened. They were distracted and their eyes met the girl who opened the door. It was Yu Ra.

 

Her excited face immediately turned to frown when she saw Taemin and Yu Ri hand in hand. On the other hand, Taemin was shocked also. He can’t take his eyes on Yu Ra’s face.

 

“Taemin?” Yu Ra asked blankly.

 

“Yu Ra…” Taemin whispered. But Yu Ri heard him.

 

“you know her Taemin?” Yu Ri asked clueless.

 

“eon.. eonnie… is he… is he your boyfriend?......” Yu Ra asked with a shaky voice.

 

“ne Yu Ra. Wae? He’s cute right?” Yu Ri the innocent girl smiled and hugged Taemin’s arms.

 

Yu Ra’s tears fell as she saw how her eonnie cling to the boy he love.

 

“Yu Ra, are you ok?” Yu Ri approached Yu Ra.

 

“eonnie, he’s not Choi Taemin! He was Lee Taemin! My ex boyfriend!!” Yu Ra shouted at Yu Ri.

 

Yu Ri was frozen. Her jaw dropped and looked at Taemin blankly.

 

"is it... is it true? you are......."

 

“Yu Ri let me explain.” Taemin was about to hold Yu Ri’s hand but she yanked it.

 

“don’t.. touch me.” Yu Ri was looking to no where.

 

“you broke up with me because of my eonnie?!” Yu Ra shouted at Taemin.

 

“Yu Ra please… i----“

 

“why did you lie to me Taemin?!” Yu Ri shouted at Taemin.

 

“i… I’m sorry.”

 

“are you done playing games with us? After me you’ll play my eonnie’s heart?”

 

“no.. I am not playing at your sister’s heart. Yu Ri listened to me.” Taemin faced Yu Ri..

 

“I love you. I really loved you. Please let me explain.”

 

“mwo?”

 

“Yu Ri I said I love you. Please believe me.”

 

“are you not disgusted to yourself? You’re confessing to me in front of my sister? Youre ex girlfriend?!”

 

Taemin looked at Yu Ra. She was crying silently and looking to somewhere just to deny the fact that she heard that Taemin confessed to her eonnie.

 

“Yu Ra I’m sorry but I love your sister.”

 

“enough Taemin!!!! I d on’t care if you love me or what! I don’t love you anymore! Just go and never show yourself to us again! I hate you for hurting my sister and for lying to me!!!” Yu Ri shouted at Taemin.

 

“don’t do this to me Yu Ri. Please don’t leave me. I love you. I am not lying this time. I really do love you.”

 

Yu Ra can’t take hearing those painful words anymore that’s why she just ran upstairs and locked herself on her room.

 

“look what you’ve done to my sister! You hurt her again! Taemin why did you lie to me? Why didn’t you said you are Lee Taemin?!”

 

“because I’m afraid that people might recognize me as a lee. That’s why I lied. I am planning to tell you all the truth someday but I didn’t expect that this day will happen.”

 

Yu Ri tried to calmed herself.

 

“Yu Ri I love you. Please forgive me.”

 

“Taemin… just go…  just leave…” Yu Ri pushed Taemin.

 

“no Yu Ri. I love you.”

 

“I don’t love you.”

 

“don’t lie Yu Ri. I know you love me too.”

 

“I’m willing to forget you if that make my sister happy. Now go. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“where’s Taemin?”

 

“he said he has no appetite young master.”

 

“no appetite? Why? Is he sick again?”

 

“no young master. But I heard him sniffing a while ago.”

 

“he’s crying?”

 

“maybe young master.”

 

“cook some porridge for him. After that, bring it to his room. Tell him that I sent those foods.”

 

“ne young master.” Mada bowed and took her leave.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

“Yu Ra.. are you already sleeping?”

 

Yu Ra didn’t answer at all. She was just lying at her bed.

 

“Yu Ra I’m sorry. I didn’t know he was Lee Taemin. He lied to me. He said he was Choi Taemin. If I know before that he was your Taemin, I shouldn’t loved him in the first place.

 

“you love her eonnie?”

 

Yu Ri was caught off guard. She can’t say no because it was clear that she fell in love with him. If she’ll say yes, Yu Ra will got mad.

 

“so you loved him. Eonnie don’t you know  how painful; to see the boy you really loved confessed his feelings to his love in front of you? And the worst is she’s your sister?”

 

“Yu Ra.. I’m sorry.”

 

“eonnie.. why it hurts so much?!!” Yu Ra cried.

 

“don’t worry, I’ve already broke up with him. He’s not with me anymore.”

 

“promise me eonnie, you’ll not go back to him even if he’ll pursue you again.”

 

“promise Yu Ra.. I’ll forget him from now on.”

 

“thank you eonnie..” Yu Ra hugged Yu Ri.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“what’s wrong? Mind telling?”

 

Taemin just remained silent.

 

“how’s your visit to your girlfriend’s house?

 

“Tragic hyung.” Taemin messed his hair.

 

“tragic? Wae? Something happened?”

 

“my girlfriend broke up with me.”

 

“eh??? Wae?”

 

“because she knew that my ex-girlfriend was her sister. And the worst is, because I lied to her.”

 

“so your ex girlfriend was your girlfriend’s sister?”

 

“exactly hyung. It’s funny right? Fate is playing with me.”

 

“so how about the lie part? And wait. If you are her sister’s ex boyfriend, she must knew it before that you and her ex boyfriend is only one.”

 

“that’s it. Because I lied. I said I am Choi Taemin and not Lee Taemin. They thought that we are different person.”

 

Jin Ki sighed and scratched his hair. “well you deserved what’s happening to you right now. You need to pay everything you’ve done.”

 

“hyung I can’t loose my girlfriend. I love her so much.”

 


"have you said that to her?”

 

“ne hyung. I said it to her a while ago when I tried to explain.”

 

“in front of your first ex girlfriend?”

 

Taemin didn’t answer but just bowed.

 

“wow Taemin. How could you do that? Don’t you know how painful for her to hear all those words?”

 

“hyung, I don’t have any intention to hurt her but I just want her to know how much I love her sister.”

 

“you should also considered her feelings Taemin. She still loves you. But you fell in love with her sister.”

 

“hyung I’m wrong. I know I’m wrong.” Taemin covered his face with his palm and rubbed it slowly up and down.

 

“I’m sorry Taemin. I can’t help you with this matter. I just hope you’ll solve this as soon as possible. Choose who the best is and who do you really loved.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

tadan! A-yo guys!  how are you? keke~ i hope you do like this update.. ^^ please leave some comments. i love you all guys! ♥♥