CHAPTER TEN

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

“Hyung, what’s happening? Why are they filing a case against Song Cosmetics?” Taemin asked worriedly to Jin Ki.

 

“it’s because the products failed.” Jin Ki simply answered with a calm tone and expression.

 

“mwo? But hyung, the products just received a lot of good feedbacks before. How could that happen?”

 

“too bad, at first it was really effective, but after few weeks, the failure of the products  was seen.”

 

“but how about our company hyung? Lee Company was supporting the Song cosmetics right?”

 

“don’t worry Taemin, I’ll fix everything.” Jin Ki smiled and patted Taemin’s shoulder.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lee Jin Ki!” Mr. Song slammed his both hands on his office table.

 

“how could you do this to me?! What happened?!” the furious Mr. Song asked.

 

“should I be the one asking you that? What happened? I thought you did a great job. But why does it turn like this? You are ruining my name.”

 

“you hold all those factories on creating  cosmetics!! Why does it turned like this???!”

 

Jin Ki pouted and shrugged his shoulders. “I hold the working place but I never hold the workers. It’s all your workers Mr. Song.”

 

Mr. Song scoffed. He can’t believe Jin Ki can still act so cool.

 

“Samantha Jacob, she was your cosmetologist right?”

 

“so?”

 

“I don’t have time to explain everything  to you Mr. Song. I offered my help and merge between your company but you wasted the opportunity. I am pulling out all my investments on your products.”

 

“what?!! Lee Jin Ki we have an agreement!.”

 

“yes we have. You said you will give your very best for us to continue your work. But you betrayed us. You let me expect from nothing.  You only used my name and power to introduce you in South Korea and gain a lot of attention and money. So tell me Mr. Song, do I still have the reason to continue partnering with you?”

 

“You Can’t leave me hanging!”

 

“and why?”

 

“you signed a contract”

 

“what about the contract?”

 

“you being responsible with all the bad effects of the products!”

 

Jin Ki smirked. “yes. I signed that, but the contract of ours is not yet valid. The products are still under your name. it will only laps and automatically be replace on my name three weeks from now, So it means, the contract is inoperative.”

 

Mr. Song eyes widened.

 

“what do you think of me Mr. Song? Dumb? I have my own researches on your works. You’re too cunning to not indicate the expiration date of your name on our contract. But sorry to say, I am wiser than you.” Jin Ki smirked.

 

“Jin Ki, they will file a case against me! Don’t just let me be alone! This is our problem!”

 

Jin Ki shooked his head in a row.

“no no no no no Mr. Song. It’s only your problem. I don’t have time to help you, my company’s name is in danger also because of you. I should help my company’s name first before you.”

 

“Jin Ki!!! You know what, I smell something’s fishy in you.”

 

Jin Ki looked innocently at Mr. Song.

 

“do you know everything? Did you expect things will end up like this?”

 

Jin Ki just smiled later on, his smile change into an evil smirk.

 

“this is not my original plan actually. The truth is I really want to buy all your stocks because I have a plan against Smith cosmetics too. But since you told me you will start a new, I felt like you’ll change your cosmetic line to technology lines. So I overran you to stop from doing it.”

 

“what?” Mr. Song can’t believe that the innocent Jin Ki he met before the partnerships changed into a scary boy. “how could you do this me?!”

 

“just stop thinking about what I have done and just concentrate how will you fix your company.” Jin Ki smiled.

 

“don’t turn your back on me Lee Jin Ki!!! I will tell to all people in South Korea how cruel you are!!!!”

 

“then go ahead. I’ll wait for that.” Jin Ki smiled and bowed 90 degrees as he took his way out of Mr. Song’s office.

 

ARTICLE:

  Mr. Song Hee Suk, the owner of Song cosmetics has already arrested. People who bought his products file a case against him . Lee Company on the other hand, didn’t gave any statement yet regarding this accident.

 

Yu Ri sighed upon reading the news at the newspaper.

 

“wae eonnie?”

 

“how’s… how’s Taemin?”

 

Yu Ra’s brows met.

 

“what about him?”

 

Yu Ri gave the newspaper to Yu Ra.

 

“Lee company was involved in cosmetics failure.”

 

Yu Ra scoffed and threw the newspaper at the table even though she hasn’t yet read about it.

 

“I don’t care about them. I’ll be happy if they’ll be sent in jail.”

 

“Yu Ra! How could you say that to other people? You shouldn’t be wishing some bad things to others.”

 

“so what eonnie? Are you affected? Why? Is it because it’s Taemin’s family? You still cared for him right? Why? Because you still love him?”

 

Yu Ri just remained silent and bowed.

 

“you can’t be with him eonnie. I love him. And you know what I will feel if you’ll consider your feelings for him. If you love me, forget him. And just let him go just like what I’ve done to him.”

 

Yu Ri just sighed and squeezed her eyes.

 

 

NEWS HEADLINE ON TV

MR. SONG STATEMENT:

    “lee company planned all this! They want me to pull down. Lee jin ki offered me a merge and we made an agreement. We talked about how he will continue my work after one and a half months. But he knew that all this things will happen and now he was trying to clean his hands and pretend that Lee Company was also a victim!”

 

Taemin turned off the television when he saw it during the commercial break. He was really worried about his hyung so he went to their company building and visited him personally. It’s his very first time stepping inside of that building since he’s not really interested in business world. When he stood up and rushed inside of the building, some staffs doesn’t know who was him. But when they saw some known workers at that building bowed in front of Taemin, they also bowed and assumed that it was the youngest heir of Lee.  At first, you can’t really assume that he was a heir of Lee since his hair was red, just wearing a shirt , black jeans and a black boots. He only had one necklace, and a bracelet. He doesn’t wear any formal dresses like tuxedo. Many staff girls were giggling when they saw Taemin, they found him so cool. He was the opposite of their boss Jin Ki. Although Jin Ki was hot too, compared to Taemin, he was more careful on his surroundings.

 

“hyung.”

 

Jin Ki turned his looks on the door. “oh! Taemin?” He was surprised to see him on his office.

 

“Chun Ho please leave us first.”

 

Chun Ho bowed and took his leave.

 

“why are you here? Oh by the way, sit down.” Jin Ki offered the sofa from his mini sala on his office to Taemin and fixed his tuxedo before sitting across Taemin.

 

“hyung are you ok? Have you watched the news?”

 

Jin Ki chuckled when he saw his brother’s reaction. “aigoo, you just came here to ask me if I’m ok? You should just call me.”

 

“hyung how can you be calm like this? You are in a big trouble! They mentioned your name on the headlines!”

 

Jin Ki laughed. “ya ya yah lee taemin, calmed down please? A heir shouldn’t be in panic like what you are doing right now. It’s just a small issue. If you’ll be in panic in this kind of situation, you will never solve this problem.”

 

Taemin relaxed his back at the sofa and took a deep breath and exhaled.

 

“hyung why is it Mr. Song dragging you down?”

 

“he hates me Taemin. He hates me for turning my back on him. He want me to help him but I chose to fix first our company before him. He thought wrong about it so he gets mad at me and he said I am cleaning my hands at this issue which is not.”

 

“why is he like that? We also have our own company. He shouldn’t be so selfish!”

 

“that’s it. That’s why he hated me. Don’t worry Taemin, this noon, I’ll be holding a live press con to clear all this issue he threw at our company.”

 

Taemin sighed. “mianhae hyung, I can’t help you.”

 

Jin Ki laughed. “I don’t need help your help Taemin. I can handle this on my own.”

 

Taemin smiled and punched Jin Ki tummy lightly.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yu Ra just came back from her school, Taemin was absent the whole day, maybe it’s because of the issue regarding the Song Cosmetics accident. Her eonnie was still working and in any minute she will be arriving soon.

 

Since she was bored and alone, she sat in front of the television and just watched random shows while eating chips. She was not really paying attention at the television because she was checking her chips if it contains many cheese. But her attention was caught when she heard Taemin’s name mentioned at the news headline.

 

Youngest Heir of Lee Corporation Lee Taemin finally showed his face in public. Around 11:00 am, Lee Taemin appeared at the Lee building rushing through his older brother Lee Jin Ki.

 

After the reporter said it, they posted some pictures of Taemin walking through the elevator, respected workers bowing in front of him and other staffs.

 

Yu Ra doesn’t like to see him anymore since she always saw his face everyday so she decided to change the channel. And to her surprise, it’s all about Lee again. But this time, it was Lee Jin Ki holding a live press con to clear the issues.

 

“I just want to clear everything, Lee Company, particularly me, didn’t made any plan. Song Hee Suk ssi was really mad at me because he can’t accept that only him will send in jail. Lee Company doesn’t hold anything from song cosmetics. We have agreed that he will start the products successfuly and I will continue it once our agreement will be valid. About the agreement he was talking about, it’s all about the transfer of Song cosmetics names to Lee Corp. the agreement was so clear. I thought it will work out but to my dismay, it failed. The papers we’ve signed are not yet validated.”

 

Jin Ki looked behind him and Chun Ho gave a paper to him.

 

“This.” Jin Ki raised the paper in public. “if you can see, I have a signature here, same with Mr. Song. It was indicated here that I have the rights to withdraw all my investments if ever his products will fail. I was just wandering the day I’ve signed the contract that the date of transferring his cosmetics company name to mine wasn’t written here. So I’ve made a research and I found out that his contract wasn’t yet laps. So it means, the contract signing is not yet valid and inoperable if you’ll going to put the blames on me. The products will be automatically replaced on my name three weeks from now.. meaning! The failure products are still under Song cosmetics name and not Lee corp. name.” Jin Ki put the paper down. “one thing that made Mr. Song mad at me is because I pulled out all my investments. Now tell me people in Korea, do you think I still have the reason to continue investing to them if I have already seen the outcomes of their works? I think not anymore. And besides, I must be mad at him right now because he even tried to fool me by not indicating the laps date of his name contract. He ruined my trust on him.”

 

“but how can you explain about the factory that was under lee company?”

 

“let me clear that also. That was under my name not Lee Company. Since he wants to create a lot of products as soon as possible, he wants to hire new workers for him. But his old factory has no enough space anymore, so I tried to help him by buying new factory for him. It was my personal money so it wasn’t under Lee corp. name. it was under my name. I didn’t use any savings from Lee. “

 

Yu Ra just kept on starring Jin Ki in front of the television. Her fingers are already stocked on .

 

“why is he so manly? His words are so scary. It seems like all his words has an authority. All his words are just like rules. He’s very different from Taemin.” Yu Ra was talking to herself.

 

“how about your father? What’s his comment about this? And as what we saw a while ago, your younger brother Lee Taemin finally showed himself in public. Does it mean he will also joining to run the Lee Corp.?”

 

“My father doesn’t know about this agreement. I’m sure he was already mad and disappointed at me right now.  I’ve made a wrong move. I trusted a non-trusted cosmetics company. And about my brother, no. he’s not yet ready to hold and run this company. If he was, he must be already here explaining also himself since he’s a Lee. But no. funny thing, he just went at the company building a while ago because he was worried about me. He watched the news and immediately checked me if I’m ok. Lee Taemin is a very private boy. And handling this kind of things is not his line, so please let’s just close the topic about him and let’s just respect the privacy he wants.”

 

“wow.. daebak… you’re the man Lee Jin Ki oppa…” Yu Ra praised Jin Ki while her fingers are stocked on her lips.

 

“I’m home!!!”

 

“oh! Eonnie!” Yu Ra immediately turned off the television.

 

“you came home so early. Why didn’t you went to the restaurant?”

 

“mian eonnie, I’m a bit tired.”

 

“oh I see then. Hey! I’ve got something here. Mr. Kim gave me some foods. Let’s eat!”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It’s been 2 weeks since Mr. Song was sent in jail. As what Jin Ki expected, his company fell down and he immediately bought it. He used it as a new branch of Lee company in South Korea. As of now, Lee corp. had already, 3 branches in L.A. which his father was taking care as of now, 2 in china, 2 in Taiwan, 5 in Japan, 4 in Korea and soon to be 5 when he will drag Smith company down.

 

“Chun Ho.”

 

“yes young master?”

 

Jin Ki gave a short brown envelop to Chun Ho.

 

“create a new copy of this and send it to the media. The other one is in police.”

 

Chun Ho took the envelope. “what is this young master?”

 

“record file of Samantha Jacob.”

 

Chun Ho’s eyes widened.

 

“young master, are you sure about this? You’ll surrender her?”

 

“don’t worry, that’s part of my plan, I still need her. I’ll bail her out too after things settled.”

 

Chun Ho sighed and just bowed.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

ARTICLE:

  “Cosmetologist of Song company, Samantha Jacob, was also working under Smith cosmetics.”

 

“damn!!!!” who published this issue??!” Mr. Smith hit the table with all his might.

 

“sir, our sales prize as of today was zero.”

 

“what?!”

 

“since the article was published, our sales stocks was paused. The police stopped us to produce more. “

 

“how about the released products?”

 

“no one bought sir. It was all freeze.”

 

Mr. Smith gritted his teeth and closed his fists.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Lee Jin Ki!!!! How could you do this to me?! How could you just throw me away after I helped you to get what you want!!!” Samantha cried in front of Jin Ki.

 

“don’t worry, I’ll help you too. I just need you at this moment.”

 

“no!!!! you’re killing me! I have already used my knowledge to bad things! Once is enough! Don’t use me anymore!!!!” Samantha kneeled in front of Jin Ki and begging.

 

“I promise. After I drag down Smith company, I’ll bail you out in jail.”

 

“Jin Ki please, I can’t.. I can’t do it anymore. When you said I’ll intentionally put some strong chemicals that can’t take by people.. I did it. I did it because you promised me you won’t tell to anyone and you promised me you will protect me! But what are you doing right now?! Why are you giving me to the police?! You let me feel how stupid I am! You let me realized that I dig my own grave!!”

 

Jin Ki felt pain and guilty for using her on his own problem. He really felt sorry how he saw Samantha crying in front of him.

 

“arasseo. Mianhae… just wait me ok? Just give me three days. I’ll put Smith company down in 3 days and I’ll clean your name after that.” Jin Ki kneeled in front of her just to level her. He cupped her face and wiped Samantha’s tears. When Samantha seems like calmed, he kissed her forehead and hugged her.

 

“lee jin ki… why do you need to use innocent people for your selfishness?” Samantha cried again.

 

Jin Ki was slapped hardly on her words. Is he already getting selfish? Is he already turning bad? He just want for a revenge. That’s all.

 

“I’m sorry… “ that’s the only word came out from his mouth.

 

“I’m giving you three days to bring that company down. But jin ki, it’s you who taught me not to trust anyone. So don’t trust me. I can tell to everyone that you are the mastermind of Song cosmetics accident.”

 

Jin Ki pulled back from their hugs and smiled at Samantha. “don’t worry, I don’t trust you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Yu Ri went outside to throw some bags of garbages when someone pulled her hands and pinned her at the wall.

 

“Taemin?!”

 

“Yu Ri can we talk?”

 

“no.”

 

“why?”

 

“will you  please stop stalking me?! I know you’re always here looking my every move! Don’t you know how annoying you are?!”

 

“I can’t let you go… I still loved you.”

 

“stop loving me Taemin! Your love can’t do anything! I don’t love you anymore.”

 

“no! I know and I feel that you still love me.”

 

Yu Ri scoffed . “Taemin please, I don’t have time for you.”

 

“tomorrow! I’ll be here tomorrow again. For the last time, I’ll ask you again if you still love me. But if you’ll say no… I’ll stop loving you then.”

 

 

Yu Ri was frozen on her place. Is he really serious on his words? Is he really going to stop loving her? She doesn’t know what to feel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Onew and his father on the phone :

 

“appa”

 

“congratulations for  falling the cosmetics down.”

 

Jin Ki smiled. “thanks appa.”

 

“but I thought you want Smith?”

 

“I have already started my move appa. Just one more step and I’ll bring them down already.”

 

“good. By the way, Chun Ho mentioned me about that Samantha Jacob.”

 

“oh don’t worry about her appa. We made a deal.”

 

“she’s a threat Jin Ki. You know that.”

 

“ne appa. arayo. but I can handle her.”

 

“I’ll try my best to help you.”

 

“ani appa. It’s my work. Don’t interfere.”

 

“just in case.”

 

“arasseo. But please don’t make any move if I don’t asked your help.”

 

Mr Lee laughed. “you’ve grown up already Jin Ki. I’m proud of you.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m here to buy your company.”

 

“what?!”

 

“we have the contract. Now sign this.” Jin Ki threw a folder in front of Mr. Smith.

 

Mr. Smith just stared at the folder.

 

“If you don’t know what’s with that folder, that’s a paper containing the agreement that you are willing to transfer your company name to Lee corp.”

 

Mr. Smith scoffed. “what do you think of me? Stupid? I won’t sign it.”

 

Jin Ki just stared at him blankly. “are you sure? Then return my 30 million now.” Jin Ki titled his head on his left side and raised one brow.

 

Jin Ki is in a cool stae while Mr. Smith was already on fire and sweating like hell.

 

“where is my 30 million Mr. Smith?”

 

“I’ll pay you tomorrow.”

 

“no Mr. Smith. I need it now.”

 

Mr. Smith scoffed and glared Jin Ki. “are you really that greedy when it comes to money?”

 

“I gave you 30 million w/o a hundred blinks of your eyes. So you should also pay me on that kind of way. How can you still prove to the people that you are greater than Song cosmetics if you didn’t even had a sale even one product in one day?” Jin Ki smirked.

 

Mr. Smith was surprised. He almost closed his fist and gritted his teeth that make Jin Ki smile.

 

“why? Are you surprised that I knew about it? Don’t underestimate me Mr. Smith. I am monitoring you all the way. And as a matter of fact, I almost saw that your company is already falling slowly. Just lower your pride and let me buy it to save your precious company.”

 

“no! this company is from my father who passed away! He gave this company for me and for my wife! I just can’t let you buy it!!”

 

Jin Ki’s smiles fade and pissed when he heard the word ‘wife’.

 

“wife…” Jin Ki whispered.

 

Mr. Smith was curious how Jin Ki’s mood change.

 

“is she a good wife?, a good mother?”

 

“what? What are you saying?”

 

Jin Ki looked at Mr. Smith and faked a smile.

 

“because my mother was never been a good mother to us. She’s the worst mother I’ve met.”

 

“what?”

 

Jin Ki sighed. “don’t waste my time Mr. Smith. If you won’t sign this, I’ll file a case against you. For not complying about our agreement and about the money you borrowed from me.”

 

“are you that desperate?! Why do you want my company?”

 

“nothing. It’s because that was the agreement. Remember?”

 

Mr. Smith glared Jin Ki. “I bet you are the one who publicized Samantha in public.”

 

Jin Ki just chuckled.

 

Mr. Smith can’t take his anger anymore so he immediately grabbed Jin Ki’s collar and about to punch him but Chun Ho immediately caught this fists.

 

Jin Ki smirked and kept on insulting Mr. Smith.

 

“take it or leave it Mr. Smith?”

 

Mr. Smith let go Jin Ki’s collar and calmed himself.  He took a seat and stared at the folder first before getting it and signed.

 

Jin Ki smirked and felt happy when he saw how Mr. Smith signed the contract. He offered his hands for a shake hands but he didn’t take it. So Jin Ki just put his hands down.

 

“thank you Mr. Smith. You really did the right thing. All you need to do is to announce it in public that you have already sold your company to ours. You need to do it Mr. Smith if you don’t like your so called wife will be in danger.”

 

“Lee Jin Ki, you are still young to play dirty things like this. You are such an angel in disguise. You look fragile, sweet and innocent in outside but the truth is you are like a cactus, Full of thorns that can harm people around you.  You know how to talk sweetly and can catch people’s heart, but in the end, you’ll throw them and treat them as a trash. You are not trust worthy. You are such a dangerous kid.”

 

Jin Ki smiled. “you don’t need to trust anyone in business world Mr. Smith. That’s my number one rule in life.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok.. so who is Samantha Jacob in Lee Jin Ki's life? ^^ Jin Ki's true color showed already. let's see how fate punish him.. :D keep on commenting guys.