CHAPTER ONE

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

“YU RA?”

 

Her mother called her from downstairs. “Yu ra where are you?” the girl came upstairs just to saw her daughter sitting at the dark room, holding a picture frame of a teenager girl making a peace sign. She went beside her and smiled at her daughter. “eomma.. who is she?” her daughter asked. “she’s your aunt. She’s pretty right?” Her mother said while looking at the picture frame. “she’s my aunt? But where is she?” the young girl tilted her head to her side waiting for her eomma to answer her question. Her mother just gave her a sad smile and took the picture frame to her daughter’s hand and stared on it. “she’s already resting…” she sighed and smiled then wipe the frame with her hands. “resting? Resting in? where eomma?” Yu ra asked again. Her mother doesn’t want to talk about it anymore that’s why she just smiled at her daughter and fixed her hair. “you want to see where she’s resting now?” she asked. Her daughter nodded happily. “ne eomma.. I want to meet my aunt.” Yu ra smiled and so excited. “arasseo, we’ll go and visit her tomorrow with your appa.” Her mother smiled and stopped fixing her daughter’s hair. “eomma.. can you tell me story about her? she’s so pretty. I think she has a kind heart.” Yu ra looked at the picture frame again. “I’ll tell you her story after we eat our dinner ok?” her mother smiled and stood up. she offered her hands to her daughter to help her stand up. Yu Ra took her mother’s hands and they went downstairs to eat dinner. When they went downstairs, her father just arrived from his work. “appa!” Yu Ra immediately ran towards his father and kissed his cheeks. “omo, my daughter. How are you? how’s your day in school?” Her father asked her while he sat down carrying her. “it’s fine appa. I’ve got the highest score in spelling. I am great right?” Yu Ra smiled sheepishly. Her father pinched her nose and laughed. “appa.. I saw my aunts picture in one room. She’s so beautiful. She looks like me.” Yu Ra said with a small grinned on her face. Her father’s smile fades as he looked to where his wife is. His wife just gave her a small smile and sat on the chair. “you saw your aunts picture?” Her father asked again. “ne appa… eomma said we will go and visit her tomorrow. Why isn’t she with us? I haven’t yet saw her since I was born. I didn’t saw her during my birthday parties and family gatherings. Does she hate us appa? Doesn’t she love us?” Yu Ra said in a row. “ani Yu Ra.. she love us. she doesn’t hate us also.. she’s one of the best girl I have ever met.” Her father answered with a smile on his face. “really appa? Eomma promised me she will tell me a story about her after our dinner.” Yu Ra said with full of energy. Her father just answered her a smile.

 

>>>>AFTER THEIR DINNER, THEY IMMEDIATELY WENT TO THEIR BEDROOM. YU RA’S FATHER DECIDED TO LISTEN TO HER MOTHER’S STORY TOO. <<<<

 

Mother : are you ready to listen baby?

Yu Ra : ne eomma…

Mother : how about you appa?

Father : *smiled* ready eomma…

Mother : ok. let me start.

 

 

“eonni!!!!” Yu Ra was running towards her eonni who’s working at a fast food chain. “yah Yu Ra ah~~ what are you doing here? You are supposed to be in school.” Yu Ri said when she stopped doing what she’s doing. “I skipped.” Yu Ra answered with a big smile on her face. “you what?!” Yu Ri scolded her. “I’m just joking. Our class ended so early today that’s why I came here to help you. Where is Mr. Kim?” Yu Ra puts her bag down and went to search for Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim was the owner of that restaurant. He was a kind old man who helped poor kids like the Park siblings. Their mother died when Yu Ra was 5 and Yu Ri was 9 yrs. Old because of a heart disease. Their father can’t accept it that’s why when Yu Ra was 8 and Yu Ri was 12, their father become drunkard that’s why his liver was destroyed and soon, he also died.. Since then, they were sent to an orphanage and when Yu ra already finished her high school year, they decided to live on their own and let her sister to study through Yu Ri’s money. They are not that poor enough. And especially, they are not rich. Just exact. Middle class. Yu Ri’s work is permanent that’s why she immediately earned money for them to live and for her sister’s school fees. Yu Ra and Yu Ri are un separated. They are always clinging into each other. They are more on like twins. Yu Ra was scared to be alone. She really treasured her eonni so much. She loves to hug her, she loves to kiss her, she loves to hold her hands. Well Yu Ra in other words loves skin ship.  Yu Ri felt the same also. She thought that Yu Ra was her shadow. She’s always there when she needed her. she’s always there when she doesn’t want to be alone. She’s not complaining because she likes it to. She doesn’t want to lose her sister. She’s the only family member she left. Yu Ri was willing to work hard just to give a nice life for her sister.

 

“Mr. Kim!, I came here to work.” Yu Ra said happily.

 

“but don’t you have classes?” Mr. Kim asked worriedly.

 

“aniyo ahjussi… my class already ended.” She answered.

 

The old man smiled. “is that so? Ok. but don’t work too much. You still need to save some energy to study tonight.”

 

“Uhm!” Yu Ra nod once with full of energy. “you’ll pay me right?” she added.

 

“Yah Yu Ra.” That time, Yu Ri butted.

The old man just laughed and ruffled Yu Ra’s hair. “you are such a naughty girl.”

 

Yu Ra pouted. “ey ahjussi.. just answer me.. you’ll pay me right? I need also money.”

 

“arasseo arasseo… I’ll pay you. don’t worry too much.” Mr. Kim chuckled.

 

“yay!!!” Yu Ra almost jumped because she was so happy.

 

Yu Ri just sighed then smiled at Her sister.

 

 

 

“Taemin! how many times do I need to say to you to stop that nonsense dream?! Being a dancer can’t help you in the future! Why don’t you emulate your hyung?! You look. He was the most successful youngest heir in one of the biggest company who runs here in South Korea! Can’t you just follow him and stop that stupid dancing?!” The angry Mr. Lee shouted at his youngest son, Lee Taemin.

 

“appa.. I am not hyung! We are different. If he was very successful right now, it’s because he loves what he was doing! You think I’ll be able to reach his place right now if I don’t like what I was doing? Aniyo! I love dancing appa. Just let me pursue my dream!” Taemin shouted back to his father.

 

Mr. Lee and Taemin’s relationship is not as good as his hyung Lee Jin Ki. Taemin’s dream was to become a great dancer. But his father is totally disagreeing on it. His father always compares him and his hyung. And he doesn’t like it! .but despite of that, Taemin doesn’t hate his hyung because he felt like Jin Ki was just forced to follow what their father says. not just like Taemin, he always do what he wants. He always fights for what he believes and for what he has. Jin Ki and Taemin just met every night. Sometimes, he can’t even met his own brother in their own house. He was always busy at the office holding their company. Taemin pity his hyung because he can’t even do what he wants. He’s a puppet of their cruel father. Yes they were rich, and all people who don’t know the real story of their family thinks that they are really lucky. They are rich, they get what they want (material). They are good looking and popular. But they didn’t know that their family ! Their mother left their father because he was so dictator and she can’t even do what she wants. And that was exactly what his father doing to them right now. Their father was choking them until they die in loneliness. Well Taemin can escape for that because he’s not afraid of his father. He was just worrying about his hyung, because if you’ll look him right now, he was totally sad, alone and imprisoned in business world. He has no friends (not literally).. I mean.. he has no friends to go hang out with, to go drink soju when his free time. He has no true friends. He always holds paper, paper, and paper. If it’s not paper, ball pen, ball pen, ball pen and ball pen. If he’s not holding either of the two, he was holding folders, folders, and folders. Just how Taemin looking those things makes him crazy already.. How come his hyung overcome all those things? It’s so depressing to see him like that.

 

Taemin once invited his hyung to go out because he doesn’t want his hyung to go crazy in a young age. They went to the high classic chicken restaurant since he knows that his hyung loves chicken. Jin Ki was so happy when Taemin treat him and have a bonding with him. he took that as a break on his work. But that night, something unexpectedly happened.

 

While they were eating happily, two drunken men went to the cashier where the girl was standing there and tried to harass her. Lee brothers saw that but they remained silent. They thought they’ll stop soon but they still continued harassing the girl. Jin Ki stood up and went to the cashier and tried to talk nicely to the 2 drunken men.

 

“hyung, I think you shouldn’t do that. it’s not pleasant abusing a girl who can’t fight.” Jin Ki said calmly. trying to end the scene peacefully.

 

“who the hell are you to talk to us like that?!” the one drunk man shouted at Jin Ki.

 

Jin Ki bowed 90 degrees. “jeoseonghamnida hyung but please. Don’t create a scandal here. You are drunk. Just please go home and have a rest.” Jin Ki said politely.

 

“are you crazy?! We will do what we want! And we will go home whenever we want!” the drunk guy was mad.

 

Taemin stood up from his seat when he heard they were shouting on his hyung.

 

“I’m sorry again but please just-------------------“ Jin Ki was cut when the drunk man punched him.

 

Jin Ki landed in one of the tables. The glasses were broken because of that.

 

“HYUNG!!!!’ Taemin immediately went to his hyung and helped him to stand.

“hyung gwaenchana?” Taemin asked worriedly. When Jin Ki lifted his head, he saw his hyung’s lips bleeding. Taemin got mad and suddenly punched the two drunken men. Jin Ki tried to stop him but he didn’t listen to him. that’s why they ended with some bruise and scratched on their face.

 

“why did you hit them?’ Jin Ki asked while they were in the car. He was driving and Taemin was on his side.

He was wincing because his wounds on his face stings. “I got mad when I saw your lips bleeding hyung. Mianhae.. I just don’t like seeing you hurt. You are a respected guy. You shouldn’t be treated like that.”

 

Jin Ki smiled and took a small glance on his younger brother. “silly. Anyways, thank you Taems. now look at your beautiful face. It’s already destroyed.” He said worriedly.

 

Taemin Looked at the side mirror and examined his face. “gwaenchana.. it will heal soon. Your lips is more precious. People might see that tomorrow. It will cause big news.”

 

“It’s not a big deal.” Jin Ki said shortly.

 

The two arrived at their house. They were met by their father at the door. His face was just like a tiger who wants to bite a people. He gets angrier when he saw Jin Ki’s bleeding lips. He went immediately to him and examined his lips.

 

“what happened to your lips?! Why is it bleeding?!” Mr. Lee asked furiously.

 

“mianhae appa… I was.----“ Jin Ki was cut again when Taemin butted.

 

“it’s my fault. I’m sorry.” Taemin said while his head looking at the ground.

 

Mr. Lee immediately took off his hands on Jin Ki’s face and went to Taemin and slapped him.

 

“appa!!!” Jin Ki shouted with a shocked face.

 

“You are really a black sheep in this family!!! Don’t you know what will happen tomorrow if they’ll saw your hyung’s wounds?! Why are you always bringing bad lucks in our family?!” Mr. Lee shouted at Taemin.

 

“appa.. keumanhae..it’s not his fault.” Jin Ki was grabbing his father’s arms.

 

“And you!!!! “ Mr. Lee pointed at Jin Ki. “Don’t you ever dare going out again with this brat!! He’s a walking disaster! If you don’t want any issues stay away from him! arasseo?!” Mr. Lee shouted at Jin Ki and then he went inside.

 

Jin Ki immediately went to Taemin. “gwaenchana? Why did you lie?! Are you fool?!!” Jin Ki said with a hurt tone.

 

Taemin just lifted his face and gave Jin Ki his smile. “appa really cares for you hyung. I am used to be scolded so it’s ok.. You don’t deserve to be scolded that’s why I took the responsibility. You see… you only got wounds in your lips but he immediately saw it. While me, I have cuts on my cheekbones, bleeding lips, bruises on left eyes, but he didn’t even noticed it.” Taemin smiled bitterly. “You are precious to him.” Taemin walked inside and passed Jin Ki with a sad expression.

 

Taemin stopped walking and turned to face his hyung again. “hyung!” he called. Jin Ki faced Taemin. He was already smiling like nothing happened.

 

“Thank you for spending your time with me, I am so happy we’ve been together again even just for a short time. Too bad we ended up beaten.” He chuckled.   “And also...sorry if that will be the first and the last we will have a bonding. Appa doesn’t like to see me and you going out together again.”  After his words, he turned his back and totally disappeared in Jin Ki’s sight.