CHAPTER FOUR

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

“want to have a lunch with me?”

 

“really? You want to go grabbed a lunch with me?”

 

“yeah, if you don’t…. mind?” Taemin scratched the back of his hair.

 

“I’d love to!” Yu Ra stood up from her sit and hugged Taemin’s arms again.

 

“you really love clinging on me don’t you?”

 

“Of course not!” Yu Ra grinned.

 

“aish…” Taemin ruffled Yu Ra’s hair.

 

The two went to the canteen. All of the students stared at them. And Some of the students whispered to each other..

 

“are they couple?”

 

“omo, how could an orphan catches a boy like that? he’s so damn cute!”

 

“well maybe that boy doesn’t felt love but pity.”

 

Then they laughed.

 

Taemin on the other hand heard what they said. that’s why he took off Yu Ra’s hands on his arms that made Yu Ra dumbfounded and suddenly pout.

 

Yu Ra was sulking but her frowned face turns happy again when he felt Taemin’s arms on her shoulder. She looked up just to see Taemin’s face. He was smiling to her.

 

“what do you want ‘BABE?’” Taemin emphasize the word ‘BABE’ for them to hear what he said.

 

On the other hand, Yu Ra was surprised on Taemin’s sudden change.

 

“what did you said?” Yu Ra asked Taemin with a widened eyes.

 

“omo, ‘BABE’, don’t forget our pet names.” Taemin pouted.

 

Yu Ra really can’t get why Taemin was acting weird all of a sudden. Yu Ra just ignored Taemin and just ordered a food.

 

Taemin grabbed Yu Ra’s hands when they already bought their lunch and they decided to take it at the school field where only few students pass by.

 

He sat on the grass while Yu Ra remained silent wondering why are they there.

 

“oppa, why are we here?” Yu Ra asked.

 

“sit..” Taemin patted the space beside him.

 

That’s the time when Yu Ra saw Taemin’s hand. Her handkerchief is still on his hands.

 

Yu Ra excitedly sat beside him and took Taemin’s hands.

 

“yah.. what are you doing?”

 

“how’s your wounds? Is it already fine?” Yu Ra gently caressed Taemin’s hands.

 

“I haven’t yet checked if the wounds are already closed. But I’ll clean it later.”

 

“I’ll clean it for you.” Yu Ra smiled.

 

“no need. You have already done a lot for me.” He still didn’t took off his hands on Yu Ra’s hands.

 

“yah oppa, are you kidding me? I should be the one saying that to you. you’ve done a lot for me since we met. You saved me from the bad guys last night. And now you defended me from those bad girls.”

 

Taemin just smiled and took a bite on his sandwich.

 

“aren’t you going to eat yours?”

 

Yu Ra smiled then ate her sandwich.

 

SILENCE……..AWKWARD…………..

 

Taemin coughed and cleared his throat to erase the awkwardness.

 

“so… why those girls kept on bullying you?”

 

Yu Ra just gave a weak smile.

 

“is it true? Your father committed suicide?”

 

“ani.. my father died because his liver was destroyed.”

 

“but why are they saying your father committed suicide? Don’t they know the real story?”

 

“they know.” Yu Ra smiled weakly. Looking at her sandwich.

 

“but?”

 

Yu Ra sighed. “My mother died because of a heart disease when I was 5 yrs. Old and my eonni is 9 yrs. Old. My appa loves her so much that’s why he can’t accept the fact that eomma had already gone.He almost forgotten that he still have me and eonni. He drowned himself in alcohol and didn’t even bothered going home. Until I reached 8 and my eonni is 12, my appa became ill and when we found it out, his liver is already damaged because of so much alcohol on his body. he instantly died and we were sent at the orphanage. They let my eonni study and when my eonni finished studying high school, we decided to go back to our house and let us live on our own. My eonni is working at a restaurant for her to sustain my studies and let me graduate like what she reached. When I have a spare time, I immediately heading at her work and helped her on her work. Fortunately, her manager isn’t strict. He allows me to work every time I have time. He was our second father since he takes good care of us and gave us some fatherly advice sometimes.” Yu Ra smiled.

 

“I don’t have any friends. Here in school or in outside. Once I had one friend but she stayed away from me when she knew I was an orphan. She  was ashamed having a friend like me. at first I was depressed because they kept on avoiding me. if they aren’t avoiding me, they were teasing me and insulting me. not only me but my whole family. The only thing I can’t resist is when they mention my family. I’ll just prefer to insult me rather than them.

 

“the only person I just cared for my whole life was my eonni. She’s only the reason why I live. She’s my strength. Well if you’ll going to ask me who’s my eonni in my life, I’ll answer them she’s my heart. since people can’t live without their hearts. So.. it means, I can’t also live without my eonni. She’s my all. She’s my life. I can’t imagine my life when she’ll live me.” Yu Ra smiled weak.

 

Taemin just remained listening at her. he felt pity on her that he almost want to hug her tightly and just adopt her and her sister. But he knows that it’s impossible. All he could do at that moment was to listen to her and stay on her side.

 

“is that the reason why they avoided you, talking behind you and insulting you?”

 

Yu Ra just nodded slowly. She’s not making any eye contact on Taemin.

 

Without any hesitations, Taemin suddenly grabbed Yu Ra’s neck and crushed her head on his chest. Yu Ra was shocked and can’t even blink her eyes.

 

 

“op…oppa…”

 

“no one will hurt you again, no one will underestimate you again, no one will bring pain on you. as long as I am existing in this world, no one can ever touch or hurt you.”

 

“op..oppa…. “ Yu Ra with teary eyes.

 

“I won’t let anyone to hurt you anymore.” Taemin smiled.

 

Suddenly, Yu Ra hugged him to.

 

“oppa, gomawo.. I thought you’ll leave me also because you knew already my whole story. I’m really scared being alone. Thanks to you, I really felt safe when I am with you even though we just met last night.”

 

Taemin chuckled. “maybe God let us meet for some reasons.”

 

Yu Ra pulled back from their hug and looked at him curious.

 

“I may be useless to my father but I may be useful for you. I mean… if my appa can’t see my existence, maybe you can fill all the attentions I need.”

 

“wae oppa? you have a family problem also?”

 

“you know.. I wasn’t supposed to tell you this. It’s not because it’s really private but it’s because I want to keep my own privacy.” Taemin said shyly.

 

“what do you mean oppa?”

 

“My name is Lee Taemin.”

 

“I know?”

“The youngest heir of Lee Corporation.”

 

Yu Ra gasped and covered her widened mouth.

 

Taemin looked at him and gave a small smile to her.

 

“op…oppa… you.. you mean.. you are… you are Lee Jin Ki…. Omo.. ani…” Yu Ra shooked her head in disbelief.

 

“I won’t ask you if you’re shocked. Because just looking at your facial expressions really expressed that you are.” Taemin laughed.

 

“oppa… if you are rich, powerful and popular, why did you chose to be my friend? I mean… you know, I am just an orphan.”

 

Taemin looked at her with a mad eyes.

 

“what did you say?” Taemin asked with a pissed tone.

 

“eh?”

 

“you are what?”

 

“or…orph------“

 

“say it again or I’ll forget that we are friends.” Taemin cut her.

Yu Ra just remained silent and spent her time playing the hem of her uniform. She can’t look at Taemin’s eyes.

 

“how could you expect others to respect you if you yourself putting yourself down?”

 

“mian…”

 

Taemin sighed and hugged his knee.

 

“by the way oppa, if you are a Lee, you should be happy because you got all what you want. You know, not all people was born like you. Wealth runs through your family name.”

 

Taemin scoffed. “Why do people always say my life is so easy?”

 

“mwo?”

 

“my life is worst than your life. You know, I’d rather chose being an orphan, parents was died rather than what I have right now. you have your mother, but she’s not with you and left you with your cruel father. You have a father but it seems like he only cares for the money and not letting his sons felt his love. Me and my hyung is not happy at all. My hyung is not complaining but just looking at him being a puppet of my father, I really felt his dying inside. He can’t do what he wants. He can’t make his own decision. I don’t want to be like him. I don’t want to be a puppet. I want to live on my own, I want to achieve all my dreams and goals through my own decisions and moves.”

 

Yu Ra at the same time felt guilty for letting him sad. She doesn’t know how to comfort the guy who always stays strong on her front.

 

“oppa… I don’t know how to comfort you since it’s you who always comforts me when I needed someone to lean on. But you know, I can let you borrow my shoulders.” Yu Ra patted her shoulders.

 

Taemin smiled and leaned his head on Yu Ra’s shoulder.

 

“I felt secure when I am with you.”

 

“yah, stop that cheesy!”

 

“you know what, I am really cursing my dad for letting me to transfer in this school… before! But now, I think ever since me and my father argued, he finally did a decision that will please me.”

 

Yu Ra laughed. “because?”

 

“because… because of you.”

 

Yu Ra suddenly burst in laughter.

 

 

“ young Lee, how could you just let them sale half of our stocks in Bang corporation?! Don’t you know your father might kill you when he knew about this?”

 

Onew was sitting calmly at his office swivel chair. He’s scanning each pages of the blue folder.

 

“Young Lee, can you hear me? are you listening to me?”

 

“don’t worry Mr. Yoon, I turned down the offer of Mr. Go because I have a plan.” Onew smiled sweetly to Mr. Yoon.

 

“what plan?”

 

“you see, as we discussed the scale of Bang’s business, it’s pretty obvious that his business is already going down. And that’s the reason why he was clinging unto us. Although Mr. Go wants to buy our half share, we can’t just accept that because he offered big. You see, appa really wants Bang’s company down. That’s why I gave him half of our stocks, and I bought half of his stocks also. I gave him a high prize and to his dumbness, he accepted it. He was expecting us to help him but the truth is, we will drag him down using our half stock his holding.”

 

“how?”

 

“I gave him an option, if he can’t pay me more than Mr. Go offered I’ll automatically cancel it and left him alone bringing what I bought on his company. I know he can’t pay it more than Mr. Go can have. He doesn’t have enough many anymore. He’ll beg on his knees and of course. As known as “no-mercy” company, we can’t change money to prides.”

 

“you think this plan will work?”

 

“we have already bought Kim company and Jung company, do you still doubt me Mr. Yoon?”

 

“you are already learning through your dad.” He smirked.

 

Jin Ki smiled weakly. Then Mr. Yoon walked out the room. He sat leaned his back frustrated and covered his face with his palm and seems like he felt sad.

 

“Lee Jin Ki, why are you turning like a monster?  You shouldn’t follow your father’s footsteps. he’s a monster in all companies. No mercy and happy when he saw a big company bankrupt. Why am I turning like him? why I am using my knowledge to fool others?” Jin Ki sighed.

 

 

Class ended…..

 

“oppa.. you’ll walk me home?” Yu Ra holding Taemin’s arms as usual and swaying it while they were walking.

 

 Uhm!” Taemin nodded with smiling face.

 

“yay! Second time you’ll walk me home!” Yu Ra giggled.

 

“you shouldn’t count it from now on.”

 

“wae?”

 

“because I’ll always walk you home every day.”

 

“oh jinjja?! Jinjja oppa?” Yu Ra asked excitedly.

 

 

Taemin went home with his hands on his pocket, walking while hopping and happy. He suddenly stopped when he met Jin Ki on his way to their hallway.

 

“oh hyung!” Taemin waved and smiled widely.

 

“oh.. why are you so happy? You just went to school sulking and now you went home happy? What’s on?”

 

“oh! why are you here?”

 

“yah! This is my house to you know. wae? can’t we meet here? Is it impossible you’ll meet me here? Ey, remember, I am your hyung and you are my dongsaeng.”

 

Taemin chuckled. “I know, but being here in our house in this early time.. it’s really weird.”

 

“ah see, my work ended early. It’s not a busy day today.”

 

“Oh gurae? That’s good then!” Taemin happily patted Jin Ki’s shoulder.

 

“yah, what’s wrong with you? why are you acting so weird? Does your schoolmates are addict?

 

“yah hyung! You’re exaggerated!”

 

“then what? Did you took drugs or what?”

 

“I met her again.”

 

“her? again? Who?”

 

“the girl who owned this.” Taemin lifted her hand to Jin Ki’s face

 

“oh.. is she your schoolmate?”

 

Taemin nodded happily.

 

“so? What’s the matter if you met her again?”

 

“I like her hyung.”

 

“mwo?” Jin Ki chuckled.

 

“I said I like her. don’t you believe me?” Taemin pouted.

 

“yah, how could you like a girl if you just saw her twice?”

 

“I don’t know. because she was attractive?”

 

“are you asking me? I’ve never seen her neither her shadow.”

 

“hyung, what does it feel when you fell in love?”

 

“molla. I’ve never fell in love Taemin.”

 

Taemin just pouted.

 

“so? How’s your first day in your new school?”

 

Taemin’s smile fades and answered his father coldly.

 

“fine.”

 

Then he walked upstairs and headed to his room and locked it.

 

 

“eonni ppali!!! Let’s eat. I cooked a dakgalbi! Let’s eat!”

 

“yah… how did you mange to cook this?”

 

“nothing.. just learned by myself?” Yu Ra chuckled while her chopsticks were stocked on .

 

“Mr. Kim was looking for you the whole day. He thought you’ll be helping me after your school.”

 

“oh main eonni, someone walks me home that’s why I didn’t have time to go there. Mian..” Yu Ra did a puppy eyes.

 

Yu Ri smiled and pinched her cheeks. “who walked you here anyway?”

 

“Taemin. Lee Taemin.”

 

Yu Ra almost choked when she heard his name.

 

“eon.. eonni.. gwaenchana?” Yu Ra patted Yu Ri’s back.

 

“Lee Taemin? Yah Park Yu Ra!!!!”

 

Yu Ra almost shrugged when Yu Ri shouted at her.

 

“don’t you know him?! he’s the youngest heir of Lee corporation! Why are you hanging out with him?! you can’t be with him! he’s rich and you are---“

 

“poor.” Yu Ra finished Yu Ri’s sentence. Her head was down and her tone was sad.

 

“Yu…Yu Ra.. “ Yu Ri hold Yu Ra’s hands. She felt guilty for saying it face to face on her.

 

“mianhae eonni. But he’s the only person who accepted me for who I am. He’s only the person who understands me and he’s only the person who kept on protecting me from harm.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“eonni, I like him. as friend. As a savior. As a man.” Yu Ra said with a determined voice.

 

“you still don’t know what’s the meaning of love Yu Ra. Since when did you met him?”

 

“last night. We met last night when he saved from being almost .” Yu Ra lowered her head again.

 

And again! Yu Ri became hysteric.

 

“mwo?!!!! You was.. what? Almost ???!!! Why didn’t you told me last night?!!!”

 

“mianhae eonni, I thought I’ll just keep it for you to not get worry more. Besides, Taemin already saved my life. I owe him my new life. And you know what eonni, he transferred in our school today. It was so embarrassing that he saw me being bullied again. And he helped me. if it’s not because of him, maybe I went home with bruises in my face.”

 

“and because of that you fell in love immediately to him?” Yu Ri caressed Yu Ra’s hair. She pities her sister being bullied at her school.

 

“eonni, even though I like him, you know it’s impossible for both of us. he’s rich and.. as what you have said… we are poor.”

 

“Yu Ra it’s not love. It’s just an infatuation. You just said you fell in love with him because he was there when you needed him. that’s all. That’s’ not what you call love.”

 

“have you fell in love eonni?”

 

“yes, once. But things don’t worked out for the both of us. just like you, he’s rich and I am poor.”

 

Yu Ra felt pain on her sister’s part. How could she don’t even noticed her sister fell in love with a guy?

 

“Don’t worry eonni, someone will love us also like how normal couple do.” Yu Ra hugged her sister tightly.

 

“next time be careful ok? In your surroundings and especially to Taemin. He’s not a joke. He’s popular and I know how rich people looked people like us.

 

Yu Ra nodded with a smiling face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

weee... my operation was rescheduled.. so i think i'll start doing the sequel of "maknae's love tomorrow.." not promising anything but i'll try to do it tomorrow.. :) pls. leave some comments my beloved readers.. ♥♥