CHAPTER THIRTY

MY HEART BELONGS TO YOU

 

Taemin was sitting at the couch starring at Yu Ri sleeping. He was thinking many thoughts in the future. He started to feel scared as days pass. Maybe because his father was right. She’ll going to die no matter what. Is their still miracle waiting for his girlfriend?
 
Since thinking about death makes him depressed and stress, he just decided to call Yu Ra. Thinking about her also makes him more stress. How the hell she wasn’t anymore if his hyung never touched her?
 
He dialed her number but it only kept on ringing. No one was answering his call. He ended the call and tried again. he tried to call her for millionth times but still she’s not answering his call. He wanted to go to her house that time but what if Yu Ri will wake up? he’ll just wait for her then tomorrow.
 
EARLY THAT MORNING, IT’S STILL 5:30 AM, TAEMIN AND YU RI WAS STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF THEIR SLEEP WHEN YU RA ARRIVED WITH 3 PLASTIC BAGS ON HER.
 
SHE FIXED YU RI’S BED AND COVERED HER WITH HER BLANKET TO MAKE HER WARM. SHE ALSO DID IT TO TAEMIN. SHE PULLED SOME EXTRA BLANKET FROM THE HOSPITAL CABINETS AND PUT IT ON TAEMIN’S BACK.
 
SHE SMILED LOOKING AT THOSE TWO SO SWEET, TAEMIN WAS HOLDING HER HANDS AND IT SEEMS LIKE HE WAS AFRAID HER EONNIE MIGHT LEAVE HIM. SUDDENLY, HER SMILE FADES WHEN SHE REMEMBERED JIN KI. SHE HOPE HE’S ALSO ON HER SIDE WHEN SHE’LL SUFFER PAINS. BUT SHE SHOOKED HER HEAD TRYING TO ERASE HER IMAGINATIONS AND JUST CONTINUED UNPACKING SOME LUNCH BOX ON THE PLASTIC BAG. 
 
IT’S ALREADY 7 AM WHEN TAEMIN WOKE UP. HE STRETCHED HIS HANDS AND YAWNED WHEN HE NOTICED YU RA HAVING A NAP AT THE COUCH IN A SITTING POSITION WITH HER ARMS CROSSED. SHE FELL ASLEEP WHILE SHE WAS WAITING FOR THEM TO WAKE UP. TAEMIN FELT WEIRD. WHY IS SHE HERE ALREADY? IT’S STILL EARLY MIN THE MORNING. HE STOOD UP AND WENT TO YU RA PLACING THE BLANKET THAT COVERED ON HIM A WHILE AGO.
 
SHE FELT IT AND FLINCHED. TAEMIN TRIED HIS BEST TO DO IT CAREFULLY SO THAT SHE WON’T WAKE UP BUT SHE STILL WOKE UP. SHE OPENNED HER EYES AND SMILED AT TAEMIN WHEN SHE SAW HIM.
 
“Good morning.” Yu Ra smiled at Taemin with her sleepy eyes.
 
“good morning. Why are you so early? What time did you arrived?”
 
“5:30 am. You were still sleeping so I didn’t bothered waking you up. I know you’re tired and needs some sleep.” Yu Ra fixed how she sit.
 
Taemin sat beside Yu Ra. 
 
“I know it’s still early in the morning to ask you about this but.. why aren’t you answering my calls?”
 
“I’m sorry. I am not in the right mood to answer your call last night. I wanted silent and be alone just for night.” Yu Ra smiled innocently at Taemin.
 
Taemin sighed. 
 
“wae? Anyways? Why are you calling last night?”
 
“I just want to ask you something.” Taemin wasn’t looking at her.
 
‘what?” Yu Ra was trying to peek on Taemin’s lowered head.
 
“did.. did hyung really touched you?” Taemin’s voice was shaking.
 
Yu Ra’s smile fades. But tried to smile again.
 
“oppa, please don’t ask that question anymore. we are here at the hospital, please just occupy your head with my eonnie. don’t think too much about us. It’s none of your business anymore.”
 
Taemin looked at Yu Ra with a sad eyes.
 
“I just want to know. Is it wrong?"
 
“yes. Because it’s none of your business who touched me first.”
 
“so you are saying that it wasn’t hyung?” Taemin was still surprised.
 
Yu Ra just smiled at him weakly and stood up.
 
“is that the reason why you broke up with my hyung? because you cheated him?”
 
Yu Ra stopped from walking and looked at Taemin.
 
“I never cheated him Taemin. I love your hyung. but some things need to let go. I don’t want to hurt him more.”
 
“why? Why Yu Ra? I’m already confused. You’re making us crazy thinking why the hell did you broke up with my hyung.”
 
“stop asking and butting in my own world Taemin oppa. Don’t worry, I’ll meet your brother toningt.” Yu Ra faced Taemin and smiled.
 
“are you going back to him?” Taemin asked worriedly.
 
Yu Ra shooked her head. “ani.. I’ll never going back to him Taemin. I’ll just give him my last goodbye to end everything between us.”
 
Taemin sighed. “I’m sure hyung will act violently again later.”
 
“please take good care of your hyung oppa. He’s the most precious guy I’ve met. Next is you.”
 
Taemin looked weird at Yu Ra. “I’m always taking good care of my hyung. no need to remind me that.”
 
“and also my eonnie ok? don’t hurt her. love her forever. Give her the best life she didn’t experienced when we are still kid.” Yu Ra smiled.
 
“you know what, you’re weird today!”
 
Yu Ra laughed. “I just wanted to be weird ok?”
 
Taemin scoffed. “it’s not funny ok?”
 
Right then, Yu Ri finally woke up.
 
“oh~~~ Yu Ra, you’re here already? What time is it now?” Yu Ri asked with a sleepy voice.
 
“it’s still 7:20 am eonnie.” Yu Ra smiled.
 
“you’re too early.”
 
Yu Ra sat beside Yu Ri and took her hands. “you want to eat now eonnie? I cooked Bulgogi, tangsuyuk and  buk uh guk as your soup.”
 
Yu Ri was surprised. She brought a lot of foods. “why did you cooked so many?”
 
Yu Ra grinned. “because I want my eonnie be full.”
 
Yu Ri laughed. “omo, my sister is so sweet.”
 
Yu Ra laughed too and get all the foods and out it on the tray.
 
“ey, you’re just going to watch me? No help?” Yu Ra joked at Taemin.
 
He rolled his eyes and helped Yu Ra preparing the foods.
 
“you can eat too. That’s too many for my eonnie.” Yu Ra offered the other plate to Taemin.
 
Yu Ra took a spoonful of foods and placed it ono Yu Ri’s plate. She put a lot of foods and doing all the stuffs not letting Yu Ri to do anything.
 
“let me do it Yu Ra. You don’t need to serve it all.” Yu Ri looking at Yu Ra weirdly.
 
“aigoo eonnie, it’s ok.just let me do what I want today.” Yu Ra pouted and acting like sulking.
 
Yu Ri found it so cute so she just giggled and nodded. “yey!” Yu Ra exclaimed and continued doing what she was doing a while ago.
 
“Taemin oppa, you may go home later. I’ll be staying here until 7 pm.” Yu Ra said while busy preparing foods.
 
“you’re stsaying her until that time? Wow. It’s been a while Yu Ra.” Taemin .
 
“is it miracle?” Yu Ra chuckled. “I just want to spend my whole day with my eonnie.”
 
“arasseo. I’ll go home after eating this foods you made.”
 
Yu Ra smiled widely at Taemin.
 
“it seems like you’re happy today Yu Ra, what’s with you? Did something happen today? C’mon, share it to us.” Yu Ri lightly poking Yu Ra’s arms.
 
“aigoo eonnie, I’m just happy, no reason.” Yu Ra said as she took a spoonful of food and trying to serve it on Yu Ri’s mouth.
 
Before Yu Ri accepted it, she pouted first.
 
Taemin and Yu Ra smiled. “omo.. my eonnie is so cute. You should do that every day.” Yu Ra also do a bubbly face.
 
The breakfast ended happily. Yu Ri and Taemin swear, that was the best breakfast they had since she was confined at the hospital. Although they found Yu Ra so weird, they just ignored it and thought that maybe Yu Ra was also feeling scared now like Taemin since her eonnie wasn’t yet gone into heart transplantation. So she just decided to make her day and spend her day with her.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
“Taemin?” Jin Ki asked Taemin surprised when he saw him at the living room reading newspaper.
 
“hyung.” Taemin smiled at Jin Ki.
 
“why are you here? who’s with Yu Ri?” Jin Ki asked innocently.
 
“she’s with Yu Ra right now. She’ll be staying there until 7 pm so I have time to take a rest until lunch. I’ll just go back there around 1 pm.” Taemin stated.
 
“how’s her?” Jin Ki asked sadly to Taemin.
 
“Yu Ra?” Taemin frown too and felt the sadness of his hyung.
 
Jin Ki just nod while looking his foot..
 
“she said she’ll meet you tonight.” Taemin said.
 
Jin Ki’s ears started to clap on it’s own. He smiled widely and looked at Taemin with a bright face.
 
“really? She’ll meet me? Why?” Jin Ki asked excitedly.
 
“well.. uhh… I don’t know exactly why but she just mentioned to me a while ago that she’ll meet you.” Taemin lied. He was scratching his hair at his back.
 
Jin Ki pouted but his smile never fades. He’s too excited to meet Yu Ra again. the girl of his dream.
 
AT THE HOSPITAL, YU RA WAS PLAYING HER SISTERS FINGERS WHILE THEY WERE SITTING AT YU RI’S BED.
 
“Eonnie, I never noticed that your fingers are so beautiful..” Yu Ra was examining her eonnie’s fingers.
 
Yu Ri just looked at her and smiled.
 
“I wish I had a fingers also like you.” Yu Ra pouted.
 
“Yu Ra, you have beautiful fingers too. I noticed that long time ago.” Yu Ri said.
 
“eonnie…” Yu Ra whispered.
 
“uhm?”
 
“you’ll never leave Taemin oppa right? You love him right?”
 
Yu Ri just sighed. “Yu Ra.. I’m dying.”
 
Yu Ra closed her eyes. “aniya… you’re not dying. I’ll do every thing.. just.. just don’t die.. “ Yu Ra stated with a sad tone.
 
Yu Ri didn’t answered her but she felt pity on herself.
 
“thank you for sacrificing your time to me for 4 months. I only have less than one month left Yu Ra. I am not hoping for a heart donor anymore.”
 
Yu Ra shooked her head harshly.
 
“ani… please live.. stay, if it’s not for me, at least for Taemin oppa.” Yu Ra tightened her hold on her eonnie’s hands.
 
“he loved you so much.. he may be strong in front of us but the truth is… he’s also dying inside. Eonnie please don’t give up. promise me.. promise me you’ll live forever, not for me but forTaemin oppa.” Yu Ra looked at Yu Ri’s eyes.,
 
“Yu Ra…. I can’t promise” Yu Ri was looking also at Yu Ra with teary eyes.
 
“ani… ani.. just promise me… you need to promise me!” Yu Ra insisted with her  teary eyes.
 
Yu Ra paused first before she gave her sweet smile and nodded. Even though she wasn’t sure if she can fulfill it, she still decided to nod for her sister.
 
Yu Ra suddenly smiled and hugged Her eonnie. then they heard a knock. They pulled back their hugs then the doctor came in with a big smile on his face.
 
“Ms. Park Yu Ri?”
 
“yes?” Yu Ri looked curiously at the doctor.
 
“I have a good news for you.” The doctor said.
 
“what is it uisangnim?” Yu Ri asked excitedly.
 
“someone gave a heart for you. And we studied it already. Good thing it matches yours.” 
 
Yu Ri’s face beamed and hoped was sketched on her face. Same with Yu Ra who hugged her sister tightly.
 
“you sure uisangnim? I won’t die? I won’t die?” Yu Ri asked with a tears escaped on her eyes. Yu Ra who was hugging her was crying also under her eonnie’s shoulder.
 
 
“you’ll never die eonnie.. I’m happy for you.” Yu Ra stated.
 
That time, Yu Ri cried because of so much happiness.
 
“tomorrow, we will do the heart operation immediately. I’ll schedule it around 8 in the morning.” The doctor said as he patted Yu Ri’s shoulder. “you’re lucky."
 
Yu Ri just nod and looked at her doctor and they smiled with each other.
 
When the doctor left, Yu Ri started to spazz and felt like she was the luckiest girl in the world.
 
“I think Taemin oppa needs to know this now.” Yu Ra smiled as she took her phone and called Taemin.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Taemin and Jin Ki was watching TV together at the living room when Taemin’s phone vibrated. It was a call from Yu Ra. He took a glance first at his hyung before he answered it. 
 
“Yu Ra.” Taemin said and tried to steal a fast glance at his hyung. he saw that Jin Ki looked at him.
 
“wae?”
 
“oppa.. we have a good news. The doctor said they finally found a heart donor for eonnie. and it matches hers!” Yu Ra exclaimed from the other line.
 
Taemin immediately stood up and started to jump because of joy.
 
“jinja?! Jinja Yu Ra?! Omo!!! That’s a good news then!!” Taemin kept on jumping.
 
Jin Ki was looking at him confused, and Taemin saw it.
 
“hyung.. hyung Yu Ri won’t die. They found a heart that suits for her!!!” Taemin exclaimed.
 
Jin Ki’s face beam also and smiled widely.
 
“that’s good then.” He said.
 
“when will be the operation?” Taemin asked at Yu Ra.
 
“they said tomorrow. They need to do it immediately.” Yu Ra said.
 
“arasseo arasseo. What time?”
 
“around 8 am oppa.”
 
Taemin sighed and calmed himself. “finally… my baby won’t die.”
 
“now you have the reason to live oppa. Take good care of her ok? it’s her second life after all.”
 
Taemin chuckled. “ne ne ne.. ara ara…”
 
Yu Ra laughed from the other line.
 
“ok need to hang up now. I just delivered you the good news.”
 
Taemin smiled. “kamsa hamnida.”
 
“ne.. no problem.”
 
Then they hang up.
 
THE WHOLE DAY, YU RA DID ALL THE THINGS SHE NEEDED TO DO, TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER EONNIE, SERVE HER AS IF SHE WAS THE QUEEN, HUG HER TIGHTLY AND KISSING HER MILLION TIMES. TAEMIN ON THE OTHER HAND JUST LOOKING AT THEM HAPPILY. SHE NEVER SAW YU RA’S SIDE WHEN SHE WAS WITH HER EONNIE. SHE WAS AS SWEET AS COTTON CANDY WHEN SHE’S WITH HER. TIME FLIES SO FAST AND  IT’S ALREADY 7 PM, IT’S TIME FOR YU RA TO GO AND MEET JIN KI NOW.
 
“Eonnie, I’m going. I still need to meet Jin Ki oppa.” Yu Ra smiled as she sat beside Yu Ri again.
 
“arasseo. Thanks for today Yu Ra. I really appreciated your effort.” Yu Ri said as she kissed her sister’s cheeks.
 
Yu Ra giggled. “omo.. my eonnie kissed me. So sweet of yours.” Yu Ra acted like she was really moved and hugged her eonnie tightly.
 
“you’re here when I’ll be having my operation right?” Yu Ri asked.
 
Yu Ra paused first before answering. “mian eonnie, I need to do something important, but.. I’ll try my best to visit you after the operation ok?” Yu Ra smiled.
 
“ok. take care on your way then.” Yu Ri sighed.
 
“eonnie be strong ok? don’t forget your promise to me. You’ll live forever. If it’s not for me, at least for this stupid Taemin.” She playfully glared Taemin.
 
“yah.. why are you calling me stupid?” Taemin pouted.
 
The two laughed. “ok eonnie. time to go. Let me give you a last hug .” Yu Ra hugged her eonnie tightly and kissed her forehead. “be strong.. good luck for tomorrow. Hwaiting!!” Yu Ra lifted her fists.
 
“do I need to walk you out?” Taemin offered.
 
“no need. I can manage, just don’t leave my eonnie.”
 
Taemin pouted.
 
Then the two went outside of the room.
 
“Taemin, I am not joking at this moment so please take this as a serious conversation.”
 
“sure. What is it?”
 
“don’t leave my eonnie ok? always love her and don’t you ever dare hurting her or else I’ll kill you!” Yu Ra warned Taemin.
 
He gave a soft smile. “I promise. I won’t hurt her. I’ll give her the life you wished.”
 
Yu Ra smiled contentedly. “good! Now I’m relieved.”
 
“tch! You sound like you’ll never be with her anymore.”
 
Yu Ra laughed. “pabo!” She lightly hit Taemin’s  arms.
 
Taemin laughed too. 
 
“ok Taemin, I need to go now. Bye bye. And oh! I forgot!” Yu Ra suddenly hugged Taemin tightly.
 
Taemin was surprised but he still managed to hug him back.
 
Then they pulled back. “that’s it. got to go. Jin Ki oppa might be waiting me at the Han River now.” Yu Ra smiled as she started to walk off now.
 
AT THE HAN RIVER, JIN KI CAN’T HELP NOT TO FEEL NERVOUS BECAUSE HE HAVE NO IDEA WHY YU RA WANTS TO MEET HIM. WHILE HE WAS BUSY SWAYING HIS FOOT IN THE AIR, YU RA ARRIVED.
 
“Oppa.” Yu Ra was smiling widely at him.
 
Jin Ki’s heart started to beat so fast.
 
“oh.. Yu.. Yu Ra…” Jin Ki smiled at her.
 
“I’m sorry I’m late. Where do you want to go?” Yu Ra asked.
 
“you don’t… hate me?” Jin Ki asked curiously.
 
Yu Ra chuckled. “why would I hate the boy who let me feel that I am a princess in this world?”
 
Jin Ki smiled. He was touched on Yu Ra’s words.
 
“do you want to walk along this river?” Yu Ra asked.
 
Jin Ki just nodded and offered his hands to Yu Ra. At first, Jin Ki cursed himself why did he offered his hands? For sure Yu Ra won’t take it. but to his surprised, Yu Ra took it and they walked hand in hand. The walks were so silent. No one dared to break the silence. Jin Ki was secretly smiling because they look like a couple again. his hands was intertwined with the girls he really loved.
 
“oppa.” Yu Ra started breaking the silence.
 
“uhm?”
 
“can you still remember how did we met?”
 
“of course. How could I forget that?” Jin Ki said.
 
Yu Ra smiled. “that meeting is too bitter right? I’m broken so was you.”
 
Jin Ki just sighed and gave his awkward smile.
 
“actually.. that night my mind is only occupied by Taemin oppa and eonnie. I hate the both of them. But I felt calm and comfort when I spent my night with you. It was the most painful night but you made it as one of the most important day of my life.” Yu Ra said as she playfully kicking the air with her foot.
 
“meeting you was the best thing happened in my life. That’s why when you asked me to be your girlfriend.. I was really happy. I thought I was the luckiest girl at that moment. When we had our first kiss, you don’t know how you turned my world up side down.” Yu Ra giggled.
 
Jin Ki was just listening at Yu Ra.
 
“I wanted to be with you for the rest of my life but I am afraid that one day.. you’ll just find yourself betrayed and humiliated.” Yu Ra said as she looked down on her feet.
 
Jin Ki looked at her and trying to read what’s on her mind.
 
“oppa… I love you.. I loved you and I will always love you. Remember that. I may be the dirtiest girl in this world but remember that this person loves you forever and will keep you until her last breath.” Yu Ra said as she raised her head and looked at Jin Ki.
 
Jin Ki was shocked to see her crying. She immediately wiped her tears with her thumb.
 
“Yu Ra, why are you crying? Don’t cry my princess. Please. I know that you loved me, love me and always be.. so you don’t need to remind me.”
 
“my princess….” Yu Ra whispered with a weak smile.
 
Jin Ki cupped her face and kissed Yu Ra on her lips. it was a passionate and a kiss with full of love.
 
“mianhae oppa… I hope you’ll find the right girl for you. We are really not meant for each other. I hope you’ll forgive me. I am only doing this because this is only the best way I know.” Yu Ra smiled with full of pains.
 
Jin Ki on the other hand felt confusions again. she said she love him, she said she’ll always be.. but why is she pushing him away again? why does Yu Ra like that?
 
“Yu Ra… just come back to me.. we will live happily. With your eonnie.. Taemin and me. The four of us will be the happiest couple ever. Stop pushing me away.” Jin Ki pleaded again.
 
Yu Ra smiled as she shook her head. “ani…. Ani oppa.. I decided to meet you tonight because I want to say goodbye to you in a nice way. I only want your happiness..”
 
“but Yu Ra, you are my happiness. Not the money, luxury and fame I have.”
 
“try to find a girl who’s not weak and who’ll not hurt you. I want you to look for a girl who will understands you in a nice and bad moment, A girl who’ll run after you when you’re badly hurt, and down. That’s the only thing I wanted for you oppa… and too bad, that’s not me.”
 
“I don’t need perfection, I don’t need perfect girl for me. I don’t need to look for that kind of girl if that girl is already standing in front of me. Tightly holding my hands and trying to push me away. Yu Ra, the girl that only fits for me is you. You and no other than but you.” Jin Ki was still persuading Yu Ra. He’s still hoping that she’ll changed her mind.
 
“tomorrow.. tomorrow will be my eonnie’s operation, I wish you’ll be there also to support her. she needs an inspiration to be stay strong. You and Taemin oppa should stay with her that day.
 
“how about you?”
 
“I’ll be there too. Don’t worry oppa.” Yu Ra smiled as she wiped her tears.
 
“Yu Ra.. stay with me…” Jin Ki held her hands.
 
“as much as I want oppa.., but I’m sorry. This will be the last time you’ll see me.” Yu Ra cried again. 
 
“no Yu Ra.. please.. please don’t leave me…” Jin Ki cried too.
 
Yu Ra tried to stop her tears but she can’t. she hugged Jin Ki tightly and kissed his lips one last time. It was the most bitter kissed they had. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
yay! 2 more chapters to go. before the ending.. please leave some comments.. :p