Chapter 1: A beginning for everything

Snowdrop: Special Edition

 

A cheerful morning and the sun shine brightly for Jessica that’s day. She feels so happy and can't stop smiling from wake up until now. She greets her family happily and get ready to go school. She ties her shoes when she heard a bell ringing.

"Omma, Appa, Krystal…I'm going to school" said Jessica cheerfully. She walked out happily. Then, she meets Taeyeon.

"Hi! Jessica. Why you're so happy today?" asked Taeyeon who smiling too.

"I know you know why. I'm hoping you to say first," Jessica grinned hoping that her friend will respond what she want to hear.

"What? I thought that's your habit," she giggled and Jessica starts to pout.

"You know why, right?" asked Jessica again. Taeyeon only shakes her head and she look hers watch.

"Oh no! We'll late'" she cried and pull Jessica's hand to run together with her.

"YYAHH!! I'm angry right now," Jessica start to protest but she still follows to run together.

"We don't have time to think about it now, just save it later", 

Jessica feels a bit mad but she don't want to ruin her mood that day. They arrived to school at the time, Taeyeon really proud for it but Jessica still angry and make a long face.

" Aigoo!! You look ugly like that," Taeyeon really like to that day but when Jessica wants to say, someone tap her shoulder.

"Morning! Taengsic!" said Yoona and Yuri together. Taeyeon starts to smile and Jessica still sulking.

"YYah! Why you copy me, Yuri? I said first!" cried Yoona.

"No, it’s me first. You who want to copy me," Yuri replies. Jessica only shakes her heads, 'why this happening to me?'

"You two, please stop fighting! Do everyday you'll fight? I’m start to sick you know..." teased Taeyeon smiling.

"No, it’s her first," said Yoonyul unison again. Taeyeon laughed seeing these twins. Yoona and Yuri are twins who are having different face and attitude. Even though they like to fight but they're still close to each other. That time, Jessica changes happy cause she hopes that maybe Yoonyul know.

"What happen to Sica, why she smiling like that?" asked Yoona smirked.

"I don't know. From early she had been like that," reply Taeyeon smiling.

"I 'm scared now, it’s totally creepy!" Yuri said and the three giggled together. But Jessica still smiling, she still has faith at them.

"Okay, it’s really creepy!" said the trio together. Then, they run leaving Jessica alone.

"YYAH!! Why you leave me alone?" cried Jessica.

She's totally unsatisfied and pouts. She starts to run off but to follow them to class but them already leave her behind. ‘why this happening to me?' she start to pout again and again. She feels really tired when she reaches their classroom and she feel a little bit different because the classroom is too silent. It's really different form before this, she knows that her class was a nosiest in the school and they always been punish by their teacher. She checks her timetable again for a third time and confirms that it was the right class. Even thought, she feel slightly hesitate but she bold herself to open the door.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUNG SOOYEON! HAPPY BIRTHDAY  TO JESSICA!!!" All of her classmate greet her. The class was full with colorful decoration and Yoonyul was holding the cake. Jessica was shocked and tears slowly flow and it’s not because she sad, it just she feel so happy. She tried to hold her tears and smile widely.

"Why you crying?" asked Hara loudly.

The entire classmates make noise and some of the still singing ' Happy Birthday' song, that’s the real attitude of her class. She only shakes her heads. Gyuri pull Jessica to the cake and she start to blow the candles. All of them clap their hands and wish her happy birthday. Jessica can't stop smiling and bow to them recently. She feels so happy and blessing to having this wonderful friend. 

"What your wish?" asked Yoonyul again? They stared to each other and want to start fight.

"I just want you two to stop fighting," said Jessica and Yoonyul shyly smile. Her classmates laughed at them. Then, Jessica realizes something.

"Where's Taeyeon?"

"I thought you have forgotten about me," slowly Taeyeon come from behind and she holds a bunch of flowers. Jessica's smile become more widely.

"Snowdrop" cried Jessica. She's too happy right now.

"I know you will like it. No, you will love it," Taeyeon pass the flowers to Jessica. She accepts it gladly.

"How you get it?" Jessica asked while she smells the flowers.

"It’s really hard to find for Snowdrop," said Yuri

"Taeyeon search it and she finally found the seller. Don't you know it come from England!" reply Yoona proudly and all of them make a noise.

“And it’s only flowering during January to April. You're lucky for being born in April,"  Yuri hold her shoulders. Jessica sticks out her tongue. She's smiling to Taeyeon and her eyes said thanks. Taeyeon nodded her heads.

"Why it’s like you're the one who buy" tease Junhyung smirked at both Yoonyul.

"We're helping Taeyeon'" said Yoonyul at the same time again and all of them laughed.

"By the way, why you like Snowdrop?" asked Eunhyuk. All of them were looking at Jessica hoping for an answer. Taeyeon just smiles.

"That's because..." Jessica stutter because she feel shy when all of them looking at her but she want to be brave.

"Snowdrop is symbol for hope and warmth. I want to be a hopeful and warmth person, that’s why I love this flowers." said Jessica proudly and she smiling widely.

"What's happening to this class?" shouted their teacher. They all shocked and break the winds finding their own place. Jessica and Taeyeon sit down and smiling to each other.

-----------------------------x---------------------------------------------x------------------------------

The ball was ringing show that the class was end. All of the students were on the way to their home. Jessica and Taeyeon walk together and holding hands to their house.

"Thanks, Taeyeon for everything! I thought you forgot about my birthday..."

"I'll never forget because I'm your best friend forever," said Taeyeon smiling. Then, she leaves Jessica first cause she wants to bring home her sister. Jessica waves her hands to Taeyeon. She just keeps smiling. She feels so happy and grateful that all of her friend wish her and give her a lot of present. Half of it, she leaves it at school. She remembers when a break time, all of them eats together happily and chattered to each other. 'This is really a happy happy birthday for me'

As far as her walking to home, she greets everyone and everything including a bird. She can't stop smiling and keep smiling until her reaches home.

"I'm Home" said Jessica cheerfully. Krystal who is her sister was already in front of their door waiting for her.

"Why you so late?" asked Krystal innocently. Jessica only smile.

"Why you smile like an idiot?"

"I'm just too happy" Jessica unties her shoes.

"Your smile is so ugly," teased Krystal and Jessica who start to annoy chase her. Krystal keeps laughing to Jessica who can't reach her. Of course Krystal was more athletic than Jessica.

"You two stop playing," told her mother. Their father just shakes his heads looking his daughter.

"But, she probe me," Jessica complain and she start to pout.

"No more excuses, just changes your clothes. We’re already late for celebrate your birthday," Her mother start to packing and tidy Krystal cloth. Jessica nodded understand and walking to her room but Krystal want to by stick out her tongue. Jessica can only stomp her feet and pout.

Jung's family happily celebrates Jessica's birthday and Jessica feels really happy. She feels grateful to having this happy family and always prays to God that her happiness will last forever. She extremely happy that day because she can eat 2 pieces of cakes that she loves the most.

---------------------------------x------------------------------------------x--------------------------------------

It was almost midnight when they reaching home.  Her father carry Krystal who was sleep during the journey to hers room. Her mother hold Jessica's hand and they walking together enter their house.

"Good night and Happy Birthday, Sooyeon" Her mother said while kissing her forehead. She's too happy feeling love from her family. Her father only nod and smile to her. Then, they leave her alone.

She holds Snowdrop and smells its scent again. She smile and then, she put it to the vase she bought before. Jessica starts to change her clothes to pajama and lie down at her bed.

'I'm so lucky for having a caring family and good friend. I'm so grateful that I got this happiness and I hope this will last forever. But something is incomplete...'him'... I wish 'he' will come to my life and bring more happiness to me' Jessica thought before she went to the deep sleep.