Shock

143
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Umma, don’t forget to come to my graduation ceremony okay? Make sure that you’ll come with appa too!” Eunji talking to her umma on the phone while getting ready for her big day. After satisfied with her look, she go out from the house excitedly. She’s humming her favourite song, Destiny while waiting for Chunji.

“Hi Eunji!” Chunji standing in front of Eunji, grinning widely. Eunji high-fived Chunji and start walking with him to school.

“You look so happy, Eunji!” Chunji said.

“Of course, isn’t normal to see me happy like this? Today is our graduation after all. Of course I should be happy.” Eunji grinned. Chunji ruffles Eunji’s hair. He feels that Eunji being extremely happy is such a pain for him today. He has the feeling that he’s not going to see Eunji anymore.

“What’s wrong with you, Chunji? We should be happy that we’re going into another phase of our life!” Eunji trying to brighten the mood. “Come on, it’s not like we’re going to separate after this. We’ve already promised that you and I are going to the same high school. We already submit the confirmation letter right?”

“I don’t know, it’s just that I got a feeling that we would never meet again.” Chunji replied.

“Yah, why are you trying to spoil my mood today? Why must in this important day?” Eunji pouted.

“I’m sorry Eunji. Maybe I’m a little bit emotional today.” Chunji smiled. “Did you call your parents? What did they say?”

“They will take the flight from Japan this morning. I’m sure that they’re going to make it!” Eunji exclaimed. Her father has some work in Japan and her mother went there as his company. “Come on, let’s go!” She pulls Chunji’s hand and start walking to school.

------------------------------------------------------

“Thank you Eunji for agreeing to take picture with me.” A boy talked.

“Welcome Baekhyun. I’m glad too. Who wouldn’t want to snap picture with our smartest and the most handsome boy in the school? Even I wouldn’t let the chance slide.” Eunji showed her famous eye-smile to Baekhyun that made him blushing.

“Ehem!” They turn to the voice’s owner and smile shyly. “Have you done with your complementation session? Can we snap pictures for real?” Chunji said with bored expression. Baekhyun and Eunji standing next to each other with bright smile, get ready their picture to be captured.

“Erm, Eunji...” Baekhyun’s voice trembling. Eunji’s step towards Chunji stop when Baekhyun call her. “Yes, Baekhyun?”

“Can we take a selca? With my phone...” Baekhyun showed he phone in the air. “Okay, let’s do it!” Eunji walking back to him and take several selcas. They also snap selcas using Eunji’s phone. Then, Baekhyun walks towards Chunji to take his camera back. “Thanks Chunji.” Chunji just nod his head watch Baekhyun’s back and smile sheepishly to Eunji who is walking to him.

“Having fun huh?” Chunji smirked.

“Yah! As a classmate, can’t I take picture with him?” Eunji sighed. “Anyway, did you take our pictures using my camera?”

“Of course. Let me show you the pictures.” Chunji signalling Eunji to come closer to him as he shows the pictures. “I took some pictures when you talked to him. You look so cute together.” Chunji exclaimed before continuing, “I heard from my friends that he actually had feeling for you.” They look at Baekhyun and waving at Baekhyun when he noticed them while talking to his friends.  

“Well, unfortunately I don’t feel the same.” Eunji replied coldly while checking her phone. She smiles when receive congratulary message from Apink and Infinite. Of course from Hoya and Krystal too. Her smiles turn into forced smile since then. But, suddenly her phone ringing. Yonghwa is the one who calling her. Chunji, trying not to be busy body handed camera back to her and walk away trying to find food and enjoying himself since their parents are not coming.

“Oppa, you sure late! You don’t know that today is my graduation?” Eunji pouted. She really upset that Yonghwa don’t even remember. “Umma and appa sure late. Where are they actually? I called them earlier but they didn’t respond to my call.” Eunji starts blabbering about the how the graduation ceremony not going so well, how all the things keep going wrong but Yonghwa still silent on the other line.

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Eunji asked when she realized that Yonghwa don’t respond to her as he always do.

“Eunji, I hope you can be patient....” Yonghwa talk slowly but his voice can be captured by Eunji’s ear.

“What is it, oppa?” Eunji tried to be calm.

“Can you please go to the Seoul General Hospital now?” Yonghwa asked seriously.

“Why, oppa?” Eunji asked nervously. She afraid that something happened to her beloved ones. Baekhyun who keep secretly glance to her notice her expression changed. Worry that anything will happen to her; he decides to go closer to her.

“Umma and appa..... They involved in the accident on their way to your school. I got a phone call from the hospital. I hope you can be patient, Eunji.” Yonghwa’s voice trembling a bit. He needs to deliver the news to his sister. “They can’t be saved, Eunji. They died, Eunji....”

Eunji’s face turns pale. She feels that her sight become dark slowly, her head hurts so much. She feel that her body so weak that she’ll pass out anytime. She sees Baekhyun approach her with worried expression before her sight turned to black.

“Chanyeol! Suho! Help me please! Call my driver! Hurry!” Suho run to find Baekhyun’s driver while Chanyeol help Baekhyun carry Eunji on his back. “Chanyeol, please take her stuff along.” Baekhyun put Eunji in the car and said, “Catch up with you guys later.” Baekhyun bid goodbye to his friends and ask his driver to send him to Seoul General Hospital. Baekhyun noticed the phone ringing.

“Eunji! Eunji! Are you okay?” Baekhyun heard a boy’s voice shouting.

“Hello, this is Eunji’s friend. She’s fainted just now.” Yonghwa shocked “What? Where are you now?”

“I’m already on my way to Seoul General Hospital.” Baekhyun replied.

“Okay, see you there. I’m also on my way there.” Yonghwa ended the conversation.

-------------------------------------------------

Eunji tried to open her eyes slowly. She looks at white surrounding that very unfamiliar to her. She realized that her cloth changed. She wants to get up but her head hurts so much but being a strong girl, she fights the pain and tried to walk. When she tried to open the door, she heard voices talking outside the room.

“Baekhyun, thank you for helping my sister. Sorry for troubling you to come here.” It’s Yonghwa. Eunji just standing beside the wall; decide to hear the conversation instead of meeting them.

“It’s okay, Yonghwa hyungnim. I’m her friend; of course I will help her.” Baekhyun smiled.

“I hope she’s going to be okay. After all, she’s the one who closest to them. I’m staying at Busan with our grandmother. So, I hardly see them, only on holidays. I need to be strong for her. We need to survive for our future. I’m the one who responsible for both grandmother and Eunji.” Hearing that Eunji start crying in silent.

“Then, what are you going to do after this, hyungnim? She’s going to high school soon.” Baekhyun asked.

“We need to move to Busan and Eunji will going to go to school there. I have no choice. There’s no one that could look after her. I already call one of my appa’s friends to help selling the house.” Yonghwa replied.

“When are you guys moving? I could ask my appa’s help to move your belonging.” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Maybe after we complete the funeral. Thank you for your offer. I really appr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter