The Courage That Gave Me "Rainie Love"

The Case Of The Weird School

As promised, Shin Hye brought the boys to her friend doctor, who was also a member of the gang. The doctor, Yoo Jun Sang, was very accomodating but very firm. He led the boys to the study room, where they spent a week studying for the CSAT even if it was summer.

It suddenly dawned upon Shin Hye's heart that her namjachingu will soon be graduating high school, and that they might not be seeing each other everyday. Her heart cringed, and tears fell from her eyes. 

"Why should I cry?" she thought. "He's still a student, and he needs to study."

Her phone rang, and Yoo-seonsaengnim looked at her. She bowed before going away. When she checked her phone, it was Geun Suk.

"Yeoboseyo?" she greeted.

"Oh, annyeonghaseyo?" the uncle vampire greeted.

They talked about the boys' progress when Shin Hye heard some groans in the background.

"Oppa, why are you punishing me with too much household chores?"

It was G.na. Shin Hye mustered to hide her laughter when Geun Suk broke up the news.

"I did not tell my nephews this, but I will be marrying G.na this Saturday," Geun Suk said.

Shin Hye was stunned. G.na is still in college, and Geun Suk will be marrying her already?

"I'm sorry for Jong Hyun that I will be marrying his ex-fling," Geun Suk said over the phone.

Shin Hye got a glimpse of the boys inside the room. She suddenly felt sorry for Jong Hyun, whom she saw pressing his brain attentively to the test that the doctor was giving them.

"He might not like it," Shin Hye said. "Rather, he will not like it."

"Arayo," Geun Suk said. "And please take care of Yong Hwa. He rather had some dislike for G.na, for some reason. Must be because of  her habits."

Shin Hye bit her lips. Of course, Yong Hwa might be a ert, but he was not like Min Hyuk who was very active, if you know what I mean. 

"After summer, they will be going back here," Geun Suk shared his plan. "I'd give time for my nephews to start looking for some place to stay for college because G.na will be staying here for good. And also, Jong Hyun need not worry after summer because G.na and I will be flying to Europe for a year-long honeymoon."

Shin Hye frowned. Not only was Geun Suk rich, he was a bit irresponsible too...or rather, he had started to be.

"Algesseoyo, I will take care of the boys," Shin Hye said.

Now, her heart not only beats for Yong Hwa, it was starting to get motherly with the other boys. Really, Geun Suk's heart could not choose whom to love, but does he really have to hurt his nephew? But besides, Jong Hyun was already happy with Hitomi.

After hanging up, she looked back at the boys. They had started to be very attentive, unlike the first day in class when the four were late for first subject. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Yong Hwa's serious face. He looked so manly that she felt herself blushing. Why is her student giving her those yummy chills?

But her heart cried again at the realization that she fought back the tears that were starting to fall again. She ran all the way to the living room, where she watched the doctor's young Chinese wife singing to Rainie Yang's song. The wife had set up the living room to look like a noraebang because she felt like singing, and the Science teacher just lingered. Shin Hye could not understand a single lyric, for the song was in Mandarin. Nevertheless, she felt the song to be catchy and yet so sad.

Shin Hye ran to the balcony to watch the drizzles coming in, and she shed her tears finally as she listened to the song.

 

The weather outside the window, is like your ever-changing expressions.
it starts to rain. And the rain cries with me. 
it is blurry, but I don't want to see clearly. 
 
Leaving you, I silently retreat.
I can't bare to tell our story.
My tears flow into my heart and I'm learning to give up.
 
Listening to the rain, the rhythm is distinct. Your breathing soaks my love like the falling rain. I hope that rain will continue to pour. 
Let me continue to miss you
Let my love become transparent
I fell in love with the courage that gave me 'Rainie love'.
 
The raindrops outside the window slowly accumulate
The moisture indoors are like my memories of my love for you
I hope that rain will continue to pour.
This secret of my rainy love will last forever
I believe that I will see the beauty of the rainbow.
 
The Cold air, is suffocating and I cannot breathe.
Being the distance of 10,000 raindrops lets love fade completely away.
 
Leaving you, I silently retreat.
I can't bare to tell our story.
My tears flow into my heart and I'm learning to give up.
 
Listening to the rain, the rhythm is distinct. Your breathing soaks my love like the falling rain. I hope that rain will continue to pour. 
Let me continue to miss you
Let my love become transparent
I fell in love with the courage that gave me 'Rainie love'.
 
The raindrops outside the window slowly accumulate
The moisture indoors are like my memories of my love for you
I hope that rain will continue to pour.
This secret of my rainy love will last forever
I believe that I will see the beauty of the rainbow.
 
The moisture indoors
are like my memories of my love for you
I hope that the rain will continue to pour
this secret of my rainy love
will last forever
I believe that I will
see the beauty of the rainbow
 
 

Meanwhile, the guys had their break when Yong Hwa passed by the balcony. He saw his yeojachingu crying, so he ran to her, grabbed her wrist, and walked to a secluded part of the house where the Chinese mistress could not see them. And immediately gave her a tight hug.

"Uljima," he whispered as he kissed her hair.

Shin Hye held his arms around her tight as she nodded.

"You may have realized this, but time has..."

"We will graduate and not see each other, ara," he cut her in.

Shin Hye turned around to look into his eyes.

"Don't give up on me," Yong Hwa begged. "Jebal..."

"Ani... I won't give you up..." Shin Hye promised.

"You know our , but I love you too much to even mind," Yong Hwa said. "Gidaryeo (please wait). I will grow up. I will be the man who will be right for you."

"I'm not expecting you to be the man that I want you to be," she whispered. "That is just harsh. I like it that you'll be the man that I'll deserve."

"I will be that man," he whispered.

His heart was really aching for her that he cupped her face to his hands, leaned forward, and kissed her hungrily with all his pain. Shin Hye felt his pain, and he wanted her to taste her pain as well, so she kissed him as passionately as he did. After the long kiss, they let go and breathed some air. They looked at each other with longing in their eyes and warmth on their cheeks.

"Saranghae," he confessed again before kissing her again.

 
~~~~
 
("Rainie Love" by Rainie Yang, "Hi, My Sweetheart" OST. Lyrics credit from http://www.jpopasia.com/lyrics/35442/rainie-yang/yu-ai.html)
 
 
 
~~~~