Jung Shin's POV

The Case Of The Weird School

A/N: To those who are not familiar with "Sugar Sugar Rune," just search it in Wikipedia. Kekekekek. I patterned the four guys after Pierre, the mysterious cold prince who stole the heart of the badass witch and protagonist, Chocolat.

 

****

I went inside the classroom with my cousins, for it was the second day of classes. Jong Hyun wanted to cut classes, like we always did. However, Yong Hwa wanted to attend school in complete attendance for the first time. I did not know what got into him.

When we got inside the classroom, Nana spread her arms wide and hugged me tight.

"OPPA~~~," Nana greeted in her cute voice.

I felt her skinny arms around my skinny body. Then, she sat on the seat next to mine.

"How tall are you?" a naughty voice asked me.

I turned around to see Soo Hyun. He is like the class leader, but I see no reason to fear him. After all, my cousins and I are feared enough.

"Ask the school nurse," I told him boredly and bluntly.

Soo Hyun looked at me from head to toe before raising his eyebrow at me.

"Geurae! You indeed are taller than myself!" he said. "But that does not mean that you and your cousins are gonna take the leadership away from me!"

I grabbed the lapel of his shirt, but he slapped my hand away. Nana stood up to my defense, while my cousins looked at us with no interest at all.

"I am not gonna take your leadership away," I told him. "After all, my cousins are I are not afraid of you."

"Awwww~~~~" went the girls.

"Jung Shin-ah," Min Hyuk called me. "We don't want to waste our time messing up with losers like him."

That raised Soo Hyun's ire, so he pushed me away and strode to box Min Hyuk. He indeed boxed my cousin, and me and the other guys tried to tear them apart.

"Ya! Ya!" a female voice spoke out from out of nowhere.

We all turned to the sound and found our homeroom teacher, Park-seonsaengnim. She had really angry eyes that all of us dispersed into our seats. Only Yong Hwa, Min Hyuk, and Soo Hyun stood from where they last stood.

"What's the meaning of this?" she asked us as she looked at each guy from head to foot.

Nana explained, much to the teacher's annoyance. By the looks of it, she had been very irritated with us since we came in yesterday. Bad blood.

"That is no reason why you should get into a fight," Park-ssaem said. 

"It's a matter of manly pride, you know," went Yong Hwa.

Ssaem looked at him, but I could tell she blushed.

"Manly pride is something you can boast of when you have your own money," she told him, then looked at Min Hyuk and Soo Hyun. "Who else joined in the fight?"

Jong Hyun and I fearlessly rose our hands. After all, we were never afraid of teachers, either.

"Aigooooooo," she complained. "The five of you, remain after homeroom."

"Ssaem... I... I joined," Nana said, raising her arm.

"Nana!" I hissed.

"You must be one strong lady to fight against guys!" Ssaem told her. "That's a feat."

Nana cowered as she lowered her arm.

"You can join if you feel you have been part, but I only want to talk with these guys," Park-ssaem said.

****

After homeroom, she had our other classmates gather at the library for some science research. Science happened to be Nana's favorite subject, but because she opted to stay with me, she skipped library work.

Park-ssaem had each of us narrate exactly what had happened. It was four against one, after all, and me and my cousins stood by each other.

"Soo Hyun-ah, being a leader does not mean being a terrorist, arasseo?" she told him, raising her voice.

Then, she looked at me.

"Do not intimidate others just because you are tall," she said.

I smirked and raised an eyebrow.

"You were intimidated with me yesterday, weren't you?"

I was talking to her in banmal because she was kinda fun to be talked to in banmal.

(Banmal - casual speech, jondaemal - polite/formal speech)

"Ah, so your grandmother never taught you jondaemal?" she said sarcastically with a smile on her face.

I only looked and smile back at her without batting an eyelash.

"He does not intimidate anyone," Yong Hwa spoke up in my defense. "He is just tall."

Ssaem turned to him and looked at him boredly.

"I know he is tall," Ssaem said to Yong Hwa. "But that is not a reason to terrorize someone."

Ssaem punched the table, and I swear, the table left smoke like her hand had fire in it. She looked at each one of us in anger, and believe me, for the first time, I sweat in front of a teacher.

"Your bad boy images do not work with me, arasseo????" she said while giving emphasis to the last statement.

I gulped. She was petite, but spoke like a giant.

"Ne," the five of us chorused.

"Ne," Nana said from the back.

"Jin Ah," Ssaem said to Nana. "If you are only protecting the reputation of your namchin, then it is time to drop it."

"Eh?" she asked.

"Why would you defend Jung Shin if he had done wrong?" the teacher asked Nana.

"Joesonghamnida..." Nana murmured.

"Geureomyeon, I expect the five of you to not bother the class like that again," she boomed.

"Ne," we all said.

Then, Park-seonsaengnim stepped out of the room, leaving the six of us. Soo Hyun stood up without looking at us and exited the room first. What a jerk!

 

~~~~