Choco Mint Ice Cream

The Case Of The Weird School

Summer vacation finally came, and the boys went with Harabeoji, Shin Hye, and Jom Bi to Yeosu. The first thing that Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk did after putting their bags in their rooms was to climb up the trees and monkey around. Jung Shin, meanwhile, stayed in his room to plank, still hoping that someone will see him, take a picture, and upload it in the Internet.

What about our cute, sweet, and hot YongShin couple?

Shin Hye missed the clean air, and she liked that Harabeoji's house was a bit near the mountains, which was why Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk were able to frolick like little monkeys.

"Let's go a little over there," she told Yong Hwa, pointing over to the moutains. "We can see the sea from there."

She took Yong Hwa's hand, and they hiked all the way to the mountains.

"Harabeoji will not look for us, will he?" Yong Hwa asked.

"Harabeoji never looks for me whenever I am here," she told him. "Even if I come home late at dawn."

"You do????" was his shocked question.

"Ne," she smiled as she pinched his cheeks. "Gaja."

The two of them walked on further until they came to the tall reeds. They sat behind the reeds and talked of foolish stuff while facing the sea.

"You do not act like a teacher everytime you are with me," he told her, leaning closer.

His breath was so warm to her ears that it sent chills to her spines, but it felt so ticklish that she got giddy.

"How could I?" she whispered as she turned a bit to face him. She was afraid she'd kiss him by accident. "I just... just want to be with you that I am not myself."

Yong Hwa slightly opened his lips and leaned on, holding her by the cheeks. Instead of directly kissing her lips, he kissed her on the side of her lips just near her cheeks. It was still romantic, nevertheless.

But Shin Hye missed his torrid kisses, so she turned her face to kiss him fully on the mouth. Despite the tall tree which the cute little monkeys resided, they did not see the two lovers kissing like there was no tomorrow. The kiss definitely raised their hearbeats, but it was not time to feed their desires and end up like those lovers who end up in bed after a series of hot kisses.

"Let's...let's stop," she whispered. "I might give away..."

Yong Hwa smiled like a .

"So...you also begin to look at me that way?" he asked slyly.

"Ya!" she said as she punched his chest. "I told you to stop looking at me that way!"

Yong Hwa smirked as he hugged her.

"Just because Jong Hyun and Min Hyuk already had their first, it does not mean that we will also be doing it," she told him as she hugged him back. "I just...want to be in a romantic relationship without resorting to... you know..."

"Just spit it," he .

She shook her head, and he whispered it for her. His voice turned her on, but she was blushing hard that she slapped her cheeks to wake her up from reality. Then, they released each other from their hugs.

"You like it?" he asked her.

"Don't be such a tease," she frowned at him. "Ah....Shin Hye, stop thinking about it."

She had to find a way to distract him from thinking about "it." She HAD to.

"OMO! Look at the clouds!" she beamed.

Yong Hwa instantly got hooked at her little bait and looked at the clouds. It had the shapes of turtles and rabbits, and Yong Hwa was mesmerized at the moving clouds.

"I never took the time to appreciate clouds till now," he said, breathless.

"Ha! That was because you were only pre-occupied with looking for fistfights," she .

"Ani," he refuted. "It was Jung Shin looking for fistfights!"

"Ahaha, admit it, when Jung Shin gets into fistfights, you and your adorable cousins fight alongside him. How cute."

Yong Hwa looked at her stand up. Her shorts were the one with the hem two inches above the knee. It looked a bit decent, but she still looked y. Even her shirt was decent that it made him admire her all the more. She was not one to show off her assets just to get the guys.

After all, she is a teacher, she lives with her harabeoji, and she had a reputation to maintain in the gang.

"Yong Hwa, I'm going a bit over there," she said, pointing to a tree. "It will soon get warm, and I do not like sunrays to get to my skin."

The two of them went to the tree and lingered, talking about a lot of things, including about his classmates. She laughed a bit, remembering how she also engaged in one-sided crushes in her high school days.

"Was he handsome?" he asked her, curious but a bit jealous.

"His smile is a bit like Jong Hyun and...yeah, he kinda looked like Jong Hyun, ahahaha," Shin Hye said. "He sang really well, was intelligent, and can play the piano well. I was so in love with him."

Yong Hwa listened as she talked about a former crush, though he was trying to get hold of himself. Why should he get jealous? If Shin Hye and that Jong Hyun-look-alike ended up together, there will be no him and her.

"I studied hard to get at par with his standards, but I was heartbroken," she shared.

"Wae?"

"Because he's gay," Shin Hye said.

Yong Hwa errupted into a laughter. He could not imagine how Shin Hye's face must have looked when she saw her crush being gay. He could not even imagine if his cousin was gay.

"YA!" she frowned as she slapped his face playfully. "Don't play with my memories!"

"Mianhae...just so funny," he laughed. "I cannot even imagine Jong Hyun as gay."

"Your cousin is not gay," Shin Hye say. "I can attest to that."

The two of them looked at the clouds again. They saw a cloud like a rat being chased by a cloud like a cat. Tom and Jerry.

"I am sure you have some unrequited love in the past," Shin Hye said.

"Suzy," Yong Hwa said. "Suzy was my crush ever since middle school. But she had her eyes on Soo Hyun all these times, and she never looked at me. Not even once."

He sounded so sad that she could not help but feel sorry.

"Suzy looked so pretty when she wore red lipstick," Yong Hwa said. "Her bright eyes were full of life, and I always felt my heart fluttering after seeing her. But Jia, Fei, and Min never liked me either for their friend."

"Is it because you never smiled?" she asked.

"Ne. Suzy told me I am ugly because I don't smile," Yong Hwa said. "I shed tears at that time, feeling self-pity because she was the first one to tell me she hated me because I don't smile. She could not understand why girls go gaga over me and my cousins."

"Ah, no wonder," Shin Hye said. "That is why everytime Jung Shin and Soo Hyun are in some fight, Suzy always sides with Soo Hyun, even if he never looked back at her."

"Yeah, karma," Yong Hwa said. "I got over her in second grade in high school because she insulted Jung Shin once, and Nana had to save him. Suzy's such a ."

"Oi, oi, stop cursing," she chided him.

He turned back at her and touched her chin and lips.

"When you wore that bloody red lipstick, my heart did beat so fast, but it suddenly reminded me of the time when Suzy wore that red lipstick," he said, caressing her lips with his thumb. "She was so beautiful."

Shin Hye's heart raced again, but she got suddenly a bit jealous of Suzy.

"Do you still have feelings for her?" she asked.

"Ani," he said, leaning forward.

He kissed those soft enticing lips longingly, letting his kiss linger on her lips. After the kiss, he looked back at her, their faces still close.

"I only want to kiss your lips, whether you wear lipstick or not," he whispered. "I love you now, not her."

Shin Hye leaned forward to give him a kiss as well.

****

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa went back to do household chores because Jom Bi and Harabeoji went to the market with Jung Shin, who had to give up his planking endeavors. The lovers spent most of the day up to late afternoon cleaning the house and watering the plants. Min Hyuk and Jong Hyun were in charge of cooking.

After their chores, the lovers went back to the mountain to look at the sea and hide among the reeds. When the sun was finally about to set, the two of them lay among the grass, hiding themselves from the world.

Shin Hye lay on her side to face him, her hand touching his chest. His hearbeat was so pronounced even if he closed his eyes for some short sleep. She crossed her leg so it stayed on top of his thigh, like some koala on a tree. She leaned closer so that she can kiss his jawline."

"Mmm..." Yong Hwa moaned as he woke up.

He turned his head a bit and met her eyes. "What?"

"Nothing," she whispered as she leaned on his shoulder.

Her hand on his chest, she placed on his shoulder near her.

"I don't want this afternoon to end," she whispered. "I like afternoons, especially summer afternoons."

"Na do," he whispered as he leaned to kiss her hair.

Then, he shifted his weight to the side to place an arm around her. He could not get enough from hugging and kissing her. Though she was his teacher, he felt so manly that it was cool being the younger lover.

"Shall we stay here for an hour?" she begged.

Yong Hwa looked at his wristwatch from the arm around her. It was already five.

"And get out of here at six?" he . "Maybe you want to do it with me here among the reeds."

"Ya!" she hissed as she punched his shoulder.

"AYA!" he screamed. "My shoulders are bony, arasseo?"

Shin Hye smiled, finally getting even. She sometimes want to have this useless but cute fight with her namjachingu. He was just so cute. If only he would stop acting being a ...

"Saranghae," he whispered.

She turned to look at him, and their eyes locked. He liked how she absentmindedly half-open her lips, so he leaned down to kiss her again. He just could not get enough from kissing her.

And after the kiss, it was her turn to confess.

"Saranghae..."

 

~~~~