Coffee Ice Cream

The Case Of The Weird School

Bittersweet, but yet still sweet... just like coffee ice cream.

****

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa passed by a stall offering free samples of different kinds of liqour from all parts of the world. She dragged her minor boyfriend along and went forward to the seller.

"Igeo juseyo (This one, please)," she excitedly said as she pointed at the bubblegum-flavored vodka.

The seller gave her a shot, and she drowned it like it was water. Yong Hwa's eyes popped in shock to see his teacher drinking like crazy. Soon, Shin Hye was asking for all the other flavors and all the other alcoholic beverage. Soon, she was a bit tipsy, so she laughed like she was one patient from the mental hospital. She grabbed her purse and bought two bottles of vodka, the bubblegum and the apple flavors. Yong Hwa cringed when she gave the bottles to him. They had shopped lots already, and there was absolutely no way for the bottles to fit into his bag.

"Sonnimui yeojachingu (Mr. Customer's gf) has tough guts," the seller told Yong Hwa with a smile. 

"Ah...ne..." the young vampire embarrassly said without a smile.

He wrapped an arm around her, and he dragged her away from the crowd. He hailed a taxi, and helped his gf inside the vehicle. Good thing, Yong Hwa remembered where they lived.

****

"Gamsahamnida," Yong Hwa said to the cab driver as he paid the fare.

"Yong Hwa!" Jung Shin called out as he came out from the gates. "Wae geurae?"

"Ssaem is drunk," he whispered so that the driver could not here. "Igeo."

Jung Shin received the heavy bag and exclaimed. "Oi, what are in this? Books?"

Yong Hwa did not listen because he was busy carrying off his girl out of the vehicle. Finally, he closed the door with a foot and bowed to the driver again before the driver drove off. Yong and Jung Shin went inside the house, the latter trailing like a puppy.

"Ssaem drinks?" Jung Shin wondered allowed.

"Of course," Yong Hwa said. "Teachers drink too."

Jung Shin shrugged and excited the room. Yong Hwa layed his girl on her bed and her hair. Shin Hye was feeling stuffy, so she started to open her blouse, but Yong Hwa turned away, not wanting to see what he wanted to see. Of course, he was still and all, especially when he wanted to do it with her so bad, but she had admonished him from looking at her that way. He looked back to see that Shin Hye opened just three buttons from her shirt, and revealed underneath was her spaghetti-strapped top.

What a relief!

Shin Hye was sweating a bit because of the heat that alcohol had rendered, so Yong Hwa opened the windows and turned off the lights. Sure, Harabeoji and Jom Bi are home, and he was not willing to misbehave. He looked at the face of the girl that he loved, illuminated by the light from the lamp post outside. Beads of sweet started to form on her temples and below her nose, so he got his handkerchief and started to wipe the sweat off her face.

"My clumsy teacher," he sniggered as he lovingly wiped the sweat.

Shin Hye squirmed and burbbled some incomprehensible sounds before barking like a puppy. Yong Hwa let out a smile, a smile which he reserved only for her. Why did she want to be a puppy?

A sad look suddenly swept through his face. It was summer, but the months flew by like a witch on her broom. Soon, it will be November, the time for CSAT. Soon, it will be winter, and time for winter break. And he and his classmates will be graduating. He will not be seeing her everyday anymore.

"If I will visit her, I can get to see her," he thought at his realization sadly.

There will be no more sunshine in his dark life. And would he never experienced being saved by a girl like her? Will only his classmates be saved by their gangster teacher?

Sure, he can save himself, but he did not know what's coming. Perhaps, some kind of Kryptonite might wear the vampires down, and they might be able to save themselves. He knew that human strength alone can save him in that time of need.

But even the possibility of the two of them not meeting everyday already had worn him down. Tears fell from his eyes as he continued wiping her face.

"Saranghae... yeongwonhi saranghae," he thought.

Shin Hye pursed her lips and chewed like she was eating some gum before resting her lips in a half-opened manner. Yong Hwa wiped the tears from his eyes and took his place beside her. Her breath has an alcohol stench in it, but he did not mind. He just wanted to be with her. He leaned on her shoulder, placed an arm around her, and buried his face onto her shoulder.

"I will miss you soon, jagiya," he thought.

The sleeping girl did not know that her namjachingu was getting all emo and crying on her shoulders, crying himself to sleep.

 

~~~~