Truth Over Yogurt

The Case Of The Weird School

Shin Hye got busy with facilitating the food committee that she had to run back and forth. When she was finally done, she went to the flight of stairs leading to the library to hide. She was so tired because the other teachers were abusing her youth and had her do many impossible tasks.

"Ah, I can finally rest," she said in happiness.

Then, she continued talking at her imaginary camera.

"Omo, why are they abusing me? Is it because I am the youngest? Tsk, tsk, tsk. This is real bad! They should know the meaning of cooperation. Cooperation is helping. Helping is sharing. Sharing is loving."

She giggled to herself.

"Ah... Imaginary Camera, you are so very useful when I need you the most, huh? Many people will think that I am crazy because I am talking to myself. But miss-hitomi just wanted me to be talking to you."

"Cut!"

The director shouted.

Shin Hye relaxed from her guard, and you-PD came to cheer up on her.

"All right, Shin Hye-ssi, next scene, you are going to cry," you-PD said. "This is according to the script."

"If that is stated in the script, then I will do it," Shin Hye replied.

"Arasseo," you-PD said. Then, the hands, "Shin Hye, hwaiting, hwaiting!"

Shin Hye repeated the battle cry and allowed the makeup artist to continue fixing her makeup. Later, the director shouted.

"Action!"

She continued talking and giggle in front of the imaginary camera when she remembered Yong Hwa singing "Here Without You." She touched her heart and found it beating hard.

"I am... in love with him..."

She could not deny that what she felt was wrong, but she liked him so much. She had feelings for him even before she knew he was a vampire.

"Ssaem?" a husky voice piped up.

When she turned around, it was Yong Hwa, and he was holding two cups of yogurt. He came and gave her the other one.

"Gomawo..."

"Anio," he replied.

When he sat down, he looked at her eating her yogurt silently. He could not forget the day when she wondered why everyone wanted her to be married. And it finally came the day when her own harabeoji reminded her of her fiance.

"Ssaem, are you really going to get married?" he asked sadly.

"Against my will," she said.

"Waeyo? Can you not fight for what you feel? For your  beliefs? You told me you are only interested in money."

"That I still am, Yong Hwa," she said, tears falling down her face. "But I can't. I have to find a way... I have to convince Harabeoji..."

He remembered her crying in his arms and wanting to get away. The two of them looked at each other, but neither willing to admit what they feel.

"You want to...tell me something, Yong Hwa?" she asked.

Yong Hwa wiped the tears off her eyes and shook his head.

"Maybe Ssaem has something to say to me," he said gently.

Even if both of them won't tell it, but their eyes were talking for them.

"Can I kiss you again?" he asked her.

He leaned forward and let his lips touched her soft lips. It was just a gentle peck, but it meant so much to the two of them. After the kiss, the two of them sat silently, eating their yogurt.

And then, someone came in running.

"Ssaem!"

It was Soo Hyun. Shin Hye stood up and asked him what was wrong. When he saw Yong Hwa, his eyebrows crossed, for he did not like what he saw.

"Ssaem, Yang-seonsaengnim is looking for you," he said to Shin Hye.

"Mwo?" Shin Hye ed.

Then, Soo Hyun talked to Yong Hwa.

"What are you doing here with my fiancee?"

So Soo Hyun was the fiance that Harabeoji had mentioned. Yong Hwa was ambivalent. He wanted to laugh, he wanted to get angry.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Yong Hwa told him.

Shin Hye turned to him.

"It is true," she said. "Soo Hyun is my fiance..."

Then, she bowed her head and swiftly walked away. Soo Hyun gave a hot glance at Yong Hwa before walking away with his fiancee. Yong Hwa was left alone, broken-hearted and so hurt. He let his tears fall down and stayed by the staircase for almost the whole day.

 

~~~~