'Til Death Do Us Apart

Love The Way It Hurts

 

Siwon's P.O.V. 

 

'Til death do us apart 

 

Two weeks later

Acapulco, Mexico

 

"Aigoo! Siwonnie... You look so handsome!" Eunhyuk cried out while I arranged my bow tie in place in front of the mirror. He appeared behind my reflection, wearing a black single-ed tuxedo similar to mine. Only, his doesn't have satin detail on it and he wore a slim black neck tie instead. We were inside the chapel's waiting area. Where a leather couch, a small coffee table, and a full-body mirror kept company of all the grooms that stayed here. 

I finished fixing myself then Hyuk began shaking his head. I turned to him and asked, "What is it, Hyuk?" 

He exhaled and answered, "Nothing. I just still can't believe that you guys are finally getting married". Then he let out a small smile. 

I smiled back and said, "I can't believe it as well, Hyuk. It feels surreal... like a dream". 

Hyuk's reply was cut short by a knock from the door. He dropped his shoulders and chimed, "Come in!"

Manager-hyung popped his head from the door. With a calm yet happy expression on his face, he said, "Everybody's here. Are you guys all set?" 

"Yes, hyung. We'll be right out. Thanks." I smiled at him. 

He nodded then closed the door with him. Hyuk patted my shoulder and said, "This is it, man. Are you ready?" 

"Ever since Hae stepped on SMent with his curly hair”, I answered.

Hyuk laughed. "Alright. Let's go out there then!" 

We went out of the waiting room and bumped into a couple of guests mingling over champagne at the reception area. I said my hello's and got a handful of congratulations. 

Then I finally stepped inside the chapel. First thing that grabbed my attention were the bundle of white and blue roses that hung over every surface. All the benches and posts inside the chapel were made more elegant by the garlands of ribbons and flowers that draped around them, giving a fragrant and romantic vibe to the whole place. The ceiling was decorated with a canopy of white satin silk and tool. 

As her wedding present, my sister, Jiwon, volunteered to be in charge and take care of all the decorations. And I'm glad I agreed to her wish. I can't believe how she turned Capilla de la Paz into a fantasy land.  It's more beautiful than I expected. It's magical even... 

I was away when Donghae first went here. He said that he instantly fell in love with it for its beauty and uniqueness. And since, I let him decide where to get married, he chose this place. I say, he has a pretty good taste.

We have invited our small number of guests to fly here in Acapulco to be a part of the wedding. Our friends, some of our colleagues and of course, our dear parents... And mine are both waving at me now. I smiled and waved back at them.

Donghae and I told my parents about the wedding the following day I proposed to him. We were quite nervous at first. But when I finally managed to tell them, their reaction surprised me. Both my mom and dad were completely okay with everything. Actually, they were really happy about it. "We knew it all along, son. We're glad you finally told us", my mom said. Then they both squeezed Donghae into their arms and welcomed him to the Choi family in advance. 

Seated at the right of my parents, were Donghae's mom and his brother, Donghwa. Hyuk went up and said something to them. Then they all ended up laughing.

If my parents took the news easily, it was a different scene when we told Donghae's family. Mrs. Lee was really shocked and even cried a bit. But Hae took his mom and Donghwa into a room and talked to them. After almost an hour, they came out and his mom had stopped crying. Donghwa patted my arm and gave me an approving smile. Then Mrs. Lee hugged me and said, "Please take of my Donghae, Siwon-sshi..." I hugged her back and gave her my promise. 

I walked through the aisle and took my assigned place at the altar, where I will be waiting for my love to come out. I stood there and froze as I watch our guests anxiously. 

Familiar faces piled all the first five rows of benches. Seated on the right were our friends from SMent.

Sunny, Taeyeon, and Tiffany all wore dresses in pink but different in style. Unfortunately, the rest of the SNSD girls couldn't make it so only the four of them, including Jessica, attended. The three of them saw me then waved. I smiled and gave them a nod. 

Next to them were the guys from TVQX, Yunho and Changmin. Yunho was busy doing something on his cell phone while Changmin was distracted staring at the canopy at the ceiling. Yunho in a grey suit and Changmin in a traditional suit with pinstripe details.

At the back of them, Amber and Krystal chatted animatedly with each other. I couldn't guess what they were talking about but it must have been funny because Krystal started giggling. Krystal was in a light blue cocktail dress and Amber wore a designer pantsuit. 

And of course, seated on the left side were Super Junior. Just behind my parents were Zhoumi, Kangin-hyung, Shindong-hyung and his girlfriend, Kibum and of course Heechul-hyung. Just like Hyuk, all of them, wore the same black tuxedo and slim black neck tie. All except Heechul-hyung. He missed the fitting because of his duties, so the designer didn't get to make one for him. 

We only made a petition to the head of the military service training program to let Heechul-hyung go here in Mexico with us. Luckily, they permitted him. But only in the condition that he flies back immediately the next day.

Hyung was talking to Kibum when he suddenly noticed me. He winked at me then Kibum gave me a thumbs-up. I beamed at them and winked back. 

Then came in a silver-haired guy walking hand in hand with a girl in a blue dress. He looked up and met my eyes. It turned out to be Hankyung-hyung and his girlfriend. He smiled briefly at me then took a seat beside Kibum. 

I'm really happy that Hankyung-hyung made it in short notice. I called him on the phone just a week ago to tell him the good news and he was really glad about it. "I always knew you and Donghae would end up together", he said just before we hanged up. 

And meanwhile on the right side corner, Yesung-hyung, Sungmin, and Kyuhyun prepared themselves to serenade the guests with our wedding song. Ryeowook did the same while sitting by the grand piano and at the back, Henry adjusted the strings of his violin. 

I'm thankful that all of the guys made it here. I want Super Junior to complete again for this special day. And it's great to have all of these people whom have been with Donghae and I since day one. 

As my best man, Hyuk took his place behind me and put both of his hands on my shoulder. "Are you alright, man? It's about to start."

I was feeling more than alright. I felt like I have won something. I felt like I was finally fulfilling my purpose in life. I looked at our guests again and took a deep breath. "Yes, Hyuk. I feel great". 

Then just in time, the main door opened and revealed our wedding entourage lined up in two's. And on cue, Ryeowook started to produce the familiar notes of Here Comes The Bride

Manager-hyung with our dear friend, Ivy Chen, first walked in. Donghae and I became really close with Ivy during our time of working together. Like what Hankyung-hyung said, Ivy said that she knew Donghae and I had good chemistry and she wasn’t surprised that we decided to marry each other. They politely smiled at the guests as they make their way on the aisle. 

Next in line were our own siblings, Jiwon and Donghwa. I couldn't imagine having another pair of bridesmaid and groomsman besides them. They knew us even before Donghae and I have met each other. No one knows us betetr that the both of them. Then they unlinked their arms as they take their respective seats

Following them was Donghae's chosen maid of honor, Jessica. Like her group members, Jessica wore a dress in the same shade of pink. She looked stunning just smiling and walking down the aisle. As Hae's closest female friend, I'm glad she agreed to be the maid of honor. 

Then, my world had stopped when Ryeowook slowly halted the sound of the piano as Henry started playing his violin in the tune of our song Marry U. Sungmin began singing the first part in a slow, romantic melody. "Geudaereul saranghandaneun mal..." 

I couldn't believe my eyes when an angel in white began to descend from the door. While clinging an arm to Leeteuk-hyung, he lowered his eyes to watch his step as he make his much-awaited entrance down the aisle. 

All eyes turned as he takes small steps on the red carpet scattered with rose petals. Donghae finally lifted his face, searching for mine. When our eyes finally met, a breath-taking smile crossed his face. I knew it wasn’t a dream anymore. I am marrying Lee Donghae! My sweet, innocent Donghae... I feel like the luckiest man alive. 

Our eyes remained glued to each other while he carefully walked through the aisle while Kyuhyun continued singing. Just looking at Donghae in that white tuxedo made me fall in love with him all over again. Instead of a handkerchief and he placed a red rose on his pocket. He looked dashing, elegant and most of all, angelic. 

They finally reached the altar and I stood patiently on my spot while I stretched my palm out so that Teuk-hyung could place Hae’s hand in mine. He regarded me with smile and I nodded my thank you to him for escorting Donghae. For acting out as his father. And for all the help and guidance he gave us. 

Hyung seated himself beside Donghae's mom. Then Donghae and I turned to face the pastor waiting for us. 

The music faded, and the pastor stepped up to the microphone, Bible in hand. He smiled at the assembled crowd and said, "Dearly beloved, we have gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony of Choi Siwon and Lee Donghae". 

After the blessings and prayers were over, the time for us to read our vows came. Then my heart started beating faster. It's the first time that I'll be doing something like this. Opening my heart in front of a crowd. But for Donghae, I will do anything. So I looked at him straight in the eyes and said, "Donghae, I love you for your charm, your innocence, and your kindness. And for all the things that make you the way you are. Above all the things that I will promise to you on this day, I also vow to always appreciate how lucky I am to have someone who makes me feel the way you do and try as hard as I can to make you feel as special as you make me feel. You have been my group mate, my best friend, and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, Donghae. I promise to love and cherish you until the last breath of my life. I am honored to be a part of your world, which as of today becomes our world. Thank you and I love you." 

When I finished, Donghae wiped a tear and mouthed the words, "I love you too". Then it was his turn. 

He looked like he's on pins and needles. We had a talk last night and I remember him saying, "I'm nervous, Siwon... I don't think I'd be able to handle that kind of attention. It'll be different from being on stage. Tomorrow, all eyes will be on me. They will be listening to my every word. I don't think... I don't think I could take that". I hushed him and said, "My love, tomorrow will be our day. Don't think about the guests and all. Just imagine that we are only people in the room... Be yourself and I'm sure you would be fantastic". Then he leaned forward and kissed me. 

Donghae took a quick look at the guests and closed his eyes. He opened them again and he looked at me the way he did last night. A stare full of love and emotion. 

He started to talk and just like how I told him, it's as if we were alone. "Siwon. Before you came into my life I never knew I'd experience all the good things you're giving me. I have never thought I'd be able to be loved by someone like you. I was just this lanky curly haired boy but somehow you saw something special in me.” My eyes started to tear up. His words blew my mind away.

He continued, “Siwon, I promise to love and care for you, and I will try everything I can to be worthy of your love. I will always be honest with you, kind, patient and forgiving. But most of all, I promise to be a true and loyal husband to you. I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together. With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine. I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our love and happiness my priority. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. I'm yours, Siwon. You are my love and my life, yesterday, today... and forever”.

I looked at him as my eyes continued to cry. It’s the most beautiful thing I have ever heard... I wanted to hug and kiss him, right then and there. But I remained to be patient.   

The preacher led us through our formal vows and the exchange of rings. "Siwon do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband to live together in marriage, do you promise to love and to hold him from this day forward, for better and worse, for richer or for poor, in sickness and in health, until death do you apart?"

An adorable little boy dressed in a blue tuxedo walked up and handed us a pair gold rings. I slipped one on Donghae's finger as I looked at him like I was gazing into my future. We smiled at each other and I answered, "I do". I wanted to repeat it over and over. Yes, I want to spend every second of my life with this man! I do! 

The pastor smiled and turned to Donghae. He repeated the question and received the same "I do" from Hae while he slips the other ring on my finger. 

The pastor spoke again and said, "By the power vested unto me I now proclaim you husband AND husband." He smiled at me and said, "You may now kiss your groom." 

I beamed at him. I pulled Donghae into my arms and I leaned over to kiss him for the first time as his husband. His arms encircled my neck and he held on as if he would never let me go. The guests had disappeared—he only had his eyes for me. 

Emotion poured from Donghae as he clung to me, melding his lips with mine as if we were completely alone in that moment. I could feel Hae’s happiness for being married to me.

When the guests began to titter, Hyuk cleared his throat and I eased my love’s face gently away from mine and looked into his tear-filled eyes. Then the guests rose to their feet and a round of applause erupted in the whole chapel.

"Finally", I whispered to him, relieved with tears of joy in my eyes. 

Thankfully he heard me amidst the clatter; he looked at me again and said, "I love you, Choi Siwon”.

"I love you too, Lee Donghae, ‘til death do us apart...”