Brotherhood

Love The Way It Hurts

 

Eunhyuk's P.O.V. 

 

Brotherhood 

 

I started my day off in the gym. I rarely go there anymore because I'm quite lazy. I'm not really a health buff like Leeteuk-hyung, Donghae and Siwon. I just make sure that I'm in shape and that's good enough for me. 

I was driving down town when I got a call on my cell phone. I grabbed it on the dashboard to check it, and was surprised to see Siwon's name flashing on the screen. 

Why is he calling me? What does he want? He was pretty cold towards me last night at the KTV bar, what would he want to tell me now? I figured that I'd have to pick up to know his purpose. So I answered. "Yeboseyo?" 

"Monk--Eunhyuk-sshi", he said in his stern formal voice. 

"Siwon? Uhm... What's up?" What do you want is what I really want to say though. 

"Are you doing anything now? I was thinking maybe we could hang out and catch up." 

"Mmm... Why? What's going on?" Really this guy... One minute he’s cold and then the next minute he’ll be like ‘maybe we could hang out’.

"Not much. I just want to talk you about something." 

"Oh. Yeah sure. Actually, I'm heading down south now. You want to meet somewhere around the area?" 

"Alright. How about the bayside?" 

Ah, the ‘bayside’. It’s the port just by the foot of Banpo Bridge. The guys and I used there a lot. We all go there after long hours of training and practice. "Sounds good. I'll see you there." 

"Okay. Bye." Then he hanged up. 

Wonder what has gotten into him? Why does he want to hang out all of a sudden? I tossed my phone back to the dashboard as I make a U-turn heading to the bayside.


 

I parked my car just before the concrete barrier that barricades the river. It's utterly cold at this side of town. Good thing I wore my neon bomber jacket. 

On my way here, I stopped by a convenient store and I got two cans of light beer. One for me and one for Siwon. I sat on the hood of my car as I drink mine and wait for him. 

Minutes later, I heard Siwon's voice calling my name. "Eunhyuk-ah!" 

I turned my head and saw him walking up to where I am. His hands were inside the pockets of his trench coat. 

I did a small smile and waved. "Want some?" I said when he got to me. 

He nodded. "Sure." 

Then I threw the can at him and he caught it smoothly. "So, what's up?" I asked. He has this calm expression on his face, which was far from the last time he talked to me. Or maybe shout is more appropriate...

He walked over to the head of my car then sat on the concrete barrier in front of me. He flipped the can open and took a sip before he said, "I'd just like apologize for being a jerk to you prior to what happened with us. I should've had listened to your explanation first before I jumped to a conclusion. I know now that I was wrong and I am sorry. I hope you can forgive me." 

Oh. I didn't expect that. The words, I was wrong, coming out of his mouth sounded new. I never knew he had the guts to admit that. But where is this coming from? I looked down on my beer as I try to figure out the situation. 

"You're probably wondering why I'm doing this now..." I turned my eyes back at him. He was smiling. "Well, I want to start over my relationship with Hae and I can't do that without admitting what I did wrong in the past. And that includes what I did to you, Hyuk." 

I took a sip of my beer and said, "I see. Well, then I forgive you, Siwon. It's nice of you to man up and say that. I appreciate it." 

"Thanks, man". He stood up then came up to me. He offered me his hand and I took it. We clasped our hands together and bumped our shoulders. Then we laughed it off. 

He sat back on the barrier and took a sip of his beer. I'm relieved that I finally made up with Siwon. I'm pleased to have him back as a friend. It’s never been good to have a misunderstanding between any of the guys. I’m glad that I’ll be able to work again without being awkward with anyone.

I cleared my throat and said, "Hey, Siwonnie?" 

His eyebrows shot up and he answered, "Yeah?" 

"I just want you to know that, what happened in Mexico was one stupid night. I was drunk and I did a huge mistake. You don't know how much I've regretted what I did. I'm deeply sorry for that." 

"You know what, Hyuk? It's all good to me now. Donghae explained everything already and I understand. But... I'm sure it won't happen again right?" He looked at me quizzically with a half smile. 

I chuckled. "Not in a million years! Not ever!" 

"I will count on that." We laughed then he raise his beer at me. So we clinged our cans together and gulped on our beer.

When he put his can down, I asked, "So how are things going on between you and Hae?" 

He simply answered, "Better than ever." Then he beamed. "Actually, there's one more thing I'd like to tell you." 

"Sure. What is it?" Then I drank on my beer again. 

"I'm going to ask him to marry me." 

Out of impulse, I accidentally sprayed beer from my mouth to him. But it didn't seem to reach his face because he laughed. “Say what?!”

 "Easy, there!" He teased. 

I wiped the spit of my mouth with the back of my hand. "I'm sorry. But when are you asking him? How?" This is all so sudden. Two of my best friends are getting married!!! 

"Tonight." He did a sheepish grin. 

"Wow... I don't know what to say." What a surprise this is... I always knew these two would end up together but not this soon! 

"Just say yes." 

"Say yes to what?" 

"To my offer of being my best man", he said in a way like this kind of things happen every day. 

"Woah! What? Why me?" He wants me to be their best man?! This is surreal...

"Well, you're Hae's best friend and you're one of my closest friends too. So what do you say? Are you in?"

Oh my... "Y-yes. Definitely. I'd love to do it. Thanks, Siwon." I'm more than willing to stand in the altar and support the both of them in their wedding. It’s an honor for me to be part of that special day. It’s surprising that he chose me to be his best man after all that happened. I’m grateful. "So... uhm... how do you plan on proposing to him?" 

"I have planned a special date for us tonight. Which reminds me... I still have to arrange some things." He finished his beer then stood up. 

"Oh, alright. Do you need any help or something?" 

"Nah. You've helped me enough, Hyuk. Thank you." He gave me an appreciative nod.

I stood up then we had brotherly hug. "I have to go now. This was nice, Hyuk", he said with a smile.  

"Alright. It's good seeing you, man", I said then gave him a pat on the shoulder. 

"Good seeing you too." Then he started walking away. 

And before he got off to distance I shouted, "Ya, Siwonnie!" 

He turned around and stopped walking. 

"Good luck with tonight!" I yelled at him. 

He winked and did his three-finger wave. Then he was on to his heels again. I watched as he made his exit and got in to his car. It's good to have my brother back... I sighed.