Forever Starts Tonight

Love The Way It Hurts

 

Donghae's P.O.V. 

 

Forever starts tonight 

 

My day with Siwon went beyond my expectations. First, he bought us a silver sports car that costs more than my yearly income. Next, he took me to a magical place which was nearly as beautiful as paradise, only to show me the lake he decided to name after me. Then, we had an amazing lunch at his yacht, where we also got a little bit naughty. And to cap the night off, we met up with our friends at a KTV bar where we all had a fun time. 

 I really can't stop smiling every time I think about our perfect day together. Siwon sure do know how make someone feel special. And I love him for that. 

Because of what he did for me, I am willing to do anything to return the compliment. But apparently, for Siwon, all I have to do is sing one song. I'm not really sure why, but somehow, my little song made him cry. He thanked me for it and said that I made him happy. 

I am so glad that our relationship is going really well. It's obvious that we missed each other badly and we're both trying hard to make up for the weeks that we've lost. 

Earlier this morning, the delivery man stopped by my place to drop off a basket of blue and white roses, which evidently came from Siwon. There was a small letter stuck between the flowers and outside of it, was my name written in gold ink. 

I opened the letter and in his own writing, Siwon wrote: 

'Good morning, my love. I hope you had a pleasant sleep. I will be running some errands this morning, so I won't be able to pick you up like we planned. But I sure do hope to see you later. Meet me at little Siwon's safe house at twilight. A surprise will be waiting for you.' 


I spent the entire day trying to figure out where "little Siwon's safe house" is. I tried thinking about in bed, in the living room, and even in the bathroom. But I just couldn't fathom what he's talking about.

The afternoon came and I still didn't have a clue. Soon, the sunset will come then the twilight comes after that! I don't want to disappoint Siwon! The guy has already done countless romantic things for me, the least I could do now is solve out his riddle. 

I was in my room trying to look for clues when my eyes caught the picture scrapbook Siwon made for me ages ago. 

I took it then sat on the small couch beside my bed. I remember the night he showed this thick black book to me. He was so proud of it. Then he sent it to me with a letter before he flew to Taiwan. 

I flipped the book open and it was exactly how I remembered it. It has old pictures of us with our crazy hairstyles to new and a lot more romantic times we shared together. 

I scanned through the pages until I reached one picture of us at his old tree house. We were both topless because we took it right after making sweet love. Then something dawned on me. 

This old tree house! This is the place where Siwon used to hang out when he was a kid. I remember him saying, "This is where I used to play with my friends and the place where I hide when my parents are scolding me". This must be it! Little Siwon's safe house! 

I jumped out off the couch and went straight to the bathroom. I took a quick shower then prepped myself up. I chose to wear a denim button-down shirt and light khaki pants. 

It was already 5p.m. by the time I finished. Just in time for twilight. I grabbed my keys then headed for the road. Wait for me, little Siwon... I'm coming for you. 


I parked a few kilometers away from Siwon's parents' house. I decided to just walk from there since the tree house is at the back of the house, right in the heart of the woods. 

I followed the trail of rocks that leads Siwon to the tree house in the night. After less than a minute of walking, I started seeing this glow coming from the woods. I got curious where it came from so I walked faster until I finally reached the source of light. And I discovered that it was the tree house itself. 

Every branch of the tree had a paper lantern at the end of it and they were illuminated by tiny Christmas lights that looked like little fireflies in the night. And scattered at the ground were small white candles together with thousands of rose petals. 

I looked up and there was my prince smiling down at me. I was in awe of everything. This is the kind of scene that I would have never imagined, even in my dreams. Siwon turned this old tree house in the woods into a romantic magical place. Just for me. 

I was looking up at him, smiling like a fool without saying a word. The splendor I am seeing before my eyes is not easy to take. Everything from the lantern, the candles and of course Siwon, looked stunning. I was completely speechless.

Then I realized that I was standing there long enough when I heard Siwon's voice and he said, "Come up here, my love". 

I snapped out of my thoughts then started climbing the ladder up to the tree. 

When I got up to the tree house, the first thing I noticed was this huge graffiti on the wall. The letters spelled out a big 'Siwon + Donghae', written in all different colors. 

"You look really handsome tonight", Siwon said. 

I blushed and replied, "You do too. As always." He was wearing a black blazer with a white inside shirt and jeans. Even in casual attire he looked like a real prince.

"Why, thank you", he said as he came closer to me then gave me a sweet kiss. 

"Siwon..." I whispered his name. 

"Yes, my love?" He moved his hands down to my hips. 

"I really appreciate everything. But what's with all this? This is so overwhelming. You're spoiling me too much." 

"As I say every time, all for you, my love." He shrugged then he continued, "Besides, I want to go all out to make this night special." 

I caressed his face. "Siwon, every night with you special." 

He smiled. "But I want to make this one extra special." 

"Why is that?" 

"Because I want to make sure you never forget this night for the rest of your life."

"What? What are you talking about? Did I miss something?" Oh no... Is there a special occasion tonight?! Damn it, Donghae. How can you always forget everything?! I'm screwed...

"No, baby.” Whew! “I've just decided this last night." 

I frowned at him. "I'm lost. What is it, Siwon?" 

"Donghae." He got down on one knee then held both of my hands. 

My jaw dropped and my eyes grew big. Oh my... what's happening? Is he kidding? Is this what I think it is? 

His face turned serious. His eyes looked straight through to my soul. Then he opened his mouth and said, "When I first met you at SMent, I instantly thought you were special. You were this kind and cheerful hyung that looked more like my dongsaeng. And just like me, everybody adored you. By the time we started hanging out at the park, I knew we were meant to be. So I did everything I could to win your heart and lucky for me, I succeeded." 

My cheeks turned red as Siwon's words melted my heart. 

"Before I met you, I never cared about love. I was this cold-hearted person and I thought that I would never have a serious relationship. But you came and changed that. You showed me that even a serious and hot-headed jerk like me could fall in-love. Just like tonight, you found me in the middle of darkness. You stole my heart away, Donghae. And even before we were friend, you showed me the feeling of being loved and how to love back." 

You stole my heart as well, Siwon. You showed me the meaning of love. I wanted to say it, but I'm afraid I'll break down if I started to talk. 

"You're a really good person, Donghae. And that's what I love about you. You never fail to show anyone your kindness, even in the simplest way. You inspire me to want to try harder to be that way myself. You motivate me to do well with my job. You give meaning to my existence, Donghae." 

I blinked then a tear fell down from my eye. Siwon confessing his feelings for me is like music to my ears. I don't know what I have done to deserve this. 

"Having you by my side completes me. I want to grow old with you and have you by side forever. You make me happier than I ever thought I could be. And if you’ll let me, I will live every day trying to make you feel the same way. And those are the reasons that make me hope you'll want spend the rest of your life with me." 

Tears were streaming down my face. I've never heard such beautiful words. I feel like I'm in cloud 9.

Then my heart stopped as he produces a small box from his jacket pocket. He opened it and revealed a silver ring engraved with tiny blue sapphires. He gazes up at me, his eyes bright, brown and full of emotion. "Lee Donghae?" 

"Yes?" I said with my lips trembling.

 "Will you marry me?" 

I didn't take my eyes off of him as were my tears kept rolling. Oh, Siwon. All I managed to say as the man I love waited for me on his knees was, "I thought you'd never ask." 

He exhaled and looked relieved. Then he slowly slid the ring on my finger. It's not big and fancy but it was stunning with its simplicity. 

He went back on to his feet, hugged and twirled me, as we laughed and cried at the same time. He put me down and he looked at me in the eyes then places his lips on mine.  

I wrapped my arms around his neck. I kissed this beautiful man who loves me as I love him back. 

"I love you, Choi Siwon." 

"I love you, Lee Donghae." 

I moved my hands down to his chest and said softly, "I want you, Siwon. Make love with me, please." 

He smiled then held my face. "Not yet. The night is still young, my love. I have another surprise for you."