It Takes Two

Love The Way It Hurts

 

Siwon's P.O.V. 

 

It takes two 

 

In view of the fact that I did not have anything planned today, I took it as a chance to pay the gym a visit. 

I haven't gone there since everything got messed up. And now that I have regained my enthusiasm back, I'm ready to take on my old life again. 

I realized that if I want to patch up my relationship with Donghae then I should prepare myself first. I want to be fresh and ready for him. All set for a new beginning. 

I met up with my trainer at the gym and he said he was glad to see me back. And honestly, I’m glad to see me back as well.

I did some cardio first before I went to my usual routine. It felt exhilarating. I feel like I have stepped out of the shadow and join the light again. I guess it's safe to say that my gloomy days are over. 

Right after my trip to the gym, I took a shower and went back home. I was just trying to open the door when my cell phone vibrated inside my pocket. I took it out and saw an unexpected call from Donghae.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, Siwon. Uhm... Are you doing anything tonight?" His voice sounded nervous and expectant.

I finally managed to get the right key and opened the door. "Err... no. No. I'm free all night. Why'd you ask?"

"Well, I was thinking maybe, uhm... we could meet me up tonight and talk?" 

"Yeah! Sure, sure. Definitely!" I facepalmed myself for sounding too eager. You’re such a goof, Siwon!

I heard him chuckle and said, "Alright. I'll text you the details tonight. Catch ya later, Siwon." Then he hanged up.

Woah! This is just wonderful! That was by far the most exciting phone I had in years. It was short, but it was intense! I couldn't help myself and kissed the phone in my hand. I stood alone in my foyer, smiling like an idiot. I am delighted that things are finally going smooth again!

It was only three in the afternoon. So it's still pretty early but I started getting ready anyways. 

Since I have all the time, I decided to take a warm bubble bath. I used it to get myself relaxed and think about the things I want to say to Donghae. I want to keep my mind straight so that I won't fail this time. I am really determined to get him back and I will do anything to make him love me again. 

After grooming myself, I sat down on the living room and waited for Donghae's text. Then suddenly the receptionist called up and said that I have a visitor waiting for me at the lobby. I’m not expecting anyone today... Who could that be? So I chose to go down and meet my mystery visitor in person.

The receptionist pointed me to the girl standing by the windows at the lounging area. The girl looked eerie from behind. Her head was down and her back was hunched. Who is this person? I stood a couple of feet away from while I try to figure out who she is. Then she finally turned around and revealed herself as Stella. 

I was surprised to see her as a completely new person. She was wearing a simple black trench coat and grey pants. She came off as lousy and dreary, which is very not like her. This girl standing before me looks nothing like the Stella I met at a coffee shop not so long ago.

Her face looked really pale and her eyes were all puffy. Has she been crying? What happened to her? And what is she doing here? Why is she looking at me like it’s the last thing she’ll ever do?

I cleared my throat and said, "Why are you here again, Stella?” I breathed out. “Didn't I tell you to stay out of my life?" 

She gave a sad smile. "I know, Siwon. But before I do that, please accept my apology for causing you all these troubles... I took a leap of fate, thinking that I could make you fall in love with me" She said while clasping her hands. She looks down and up at me again. "But I should've known from the start that your heart belongs to somebody else."

I was speechless and baffled. What made her realize all of these things? Was because of our encounter yesterday?

"I'm flying back to New York tomorrow... And I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave." 

I just blinked at her and nodded. "Goodbye, Stella." 

Then she slowly walked towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and caved me in for a hug. Then she was sobbing on my shoulder. I didn’t stop her because I couldn’t move and I didn’t know what to do.

After a few seconds, she finally let go and looked at me. “Goodbye , Siwon.” She tried to smile even though she was obviously crying. Then she walked away and never looked back.

And as if on cue, I got Donghae's text. 

'Siwonnie. Meet me at the place where it all started. I'll be waiting for you.' 

I smiled out from ear to ear while looking at Donghae's message. It's really cute of him for trying to make out an element of surprise for tonight. But unfortunately, I know exactly where that place is.


The sky was already starting to get dark when I arrived at the familiar park near SMent. 

I haven't been to this place since Donghae and I got back together last summer. I remember how I had all the trees and posts lit up in a middle of a cold summer night. I did it to show Hae how he lights up my world and brings joy in my life. He was so surprised and he really loved it. It was truly one of the most beautiful things that happened in my life. And I am wishing for it to happen again tonight.  

With my hands inside my jacket pocket, I got out of my car and walked to the gate of the park. It was already getting dark so there weren’t much people anymore. Just the two young boys sitting on a bench playing with their game consoles. The caretaker of the park quietly sweeping fallen leaves. And an old lady eating a sandwich while she watched me as I walk through the bricked paths of the park. I smiled at her and politely smiled back.

Then I continued to follow the path that’d lead me to the center of the park where the grand fountain is located. My instincts told me that Donghae will be there waiting for me. I walked in a fast pace due to my excitement to see my love. And when I finally got there, my eyes found him right away.  

Donghae was crouching down on the floor while he was animatedly feeds a squirrel just beside the fountain. From where I'm standing, I could see him talking to the little thing. He looked really adorable and I'd pay a thousand bucks just to hear what he was saying to it. 

I came up to him and said, "I see you made a new friend there." 

He looked up at me and smiled. "Hi, Siwon." 

"Mind introducing me to your friend?" I smugged and raised an eyebrow at him.

He narrowed his eyes on me and let out a small giggle. "Hey, don't make fun of me. A bird stole his piece of bread and I just couldn’t let him starve." 

"I'm not making fun of you. I think it's really cute." Then I winked at him. 

He smiled as his cheeks turned pink. Oh, how I missed doing that to him. "How did you find out where I was?" He innocently asked. 

"I might say that it was pretty good riddle. But how can I forget the place where it all started... where our love story started." 

He smiled softly. "I'm glad you remember." 

"It's good to see that smile again." I sighed. "I miss you so bad, Hae..."

"I miss you too."

"Oh, my love, I am so relieved to hear that from you." Then I gave in and hugged him. I felt his hands embracing me back so I held him tighter. 

I closed my eyes and buried my face on his neck. "Oh, Donghae..." The gentle feel of his skin and the smell of his hair are just intoxicating. Suddenly, my mind had gone astray. 

I moved my hands to his face then my eyes met his. "I love you." I leaned close and kissed him. "I love you, Lee Donghae", I said and kissed him again. "I will never stop loving you." And again, our lips reunited. We started kissing slowly then it started to get passionate. Then out of the blue, we were the only people in the world. 

I am finally with Donghae again. He is the most important person in my life and here he is, in my arms once more. A tear escaped my eye as I kissed him harder and more fervently. 

Then Donghae unexpectedly broke off the kiss. He stepped back and flashed his palms at me. "Hold on”, he said while he gasped for air.

"What? What's wrong?" 

He shook his a little. "We're moving too fast."

"Oh..." I came closer to him again and grabbed his hips. "Let's take it slow then."

He swatted my hands away. "No! That's not what I meant."

I gave him a confused look then he sighed. "Sit down, Siwon." 

We sat together at the edge of the fountain, face to face. He placed a hand on my leg and said, "I love you so much, Siwon. I really really want us to be together again. But before we do that I think that we should figure out the problems that brought us here." 

I didn't say anything and just looked at his eyes while I waited for him to continue. 

"We have to talk about some things, Siwon... If and when we get back together, I want our relationship to be stronger. Let us fix what needs to fixed so we won't do the same mistakes anymore." 

I put my hands over his and said, "Anything. I will do anything just to be with you again, my love. What is it that you want to talk about?" 

He bit his lip and looked down. "That night in Mexico..." 

I took a deep breath and said, "Let's not go through that again... I forgive you, Hae. I know you will never do anything like that again."

"No, Siwon. We have to go through this! Hyuk and I kissed but that's just it. We were both drunk and it's not like what you think." He explained with his calming eyes.  

I nodded. "I believe you." 

One thing that we lack in our relationship before was trust. My jealousy and paranoia brought us here so I should learn from my mistakes. I should trust Donghae to earn his trust back. 

"Thank you." Then he leaned and planted a sweet kiss of my lips. 

"No. I should be the one thanking you... for doing this. For giving me another chance after... after everything I did. I'm sorry, Donghae. I’m sorry for hurting you... for making you cry... and about Stella. Please forgive me. I never---" Tears started rolling down my face.

He wiped them with his soft finders and held my face with both of his hands. "Shh... You're forgiven, Siwon. None of those will ever make me stop loving you. Not even a hundred Stella’s will make me give up on you." 

I smiled and kissed him. “Don’t worry, my love. No one will ever get in between us again.”

"I know. But if someone tries and challenges our relationship again, we’ll know what to do next time right?”

I nodded my head slowly. “Yes” Then I leaned my head on his shoulder and I just cried. I’ve been holding on to this for so long and it feels good to finally let go. I’m crying because I’m happy. I feel so lucky to have this great young man to love me.  

Then while gently smoothing my back, he whispered to my ear and said, “We can do this, Siwon... We will work this out”.