Underdog.

Before The Eclipse(HIATUS)

 

Saturday, September 22, 2012
 
No One’s POV.
 
After JongIn and Sehun’s little argument, Kyungsoo kept cooking, albeit a little distracted. It was already 11 AM and normally, JongIn would’ve been the first at the table, but nothing. He started wondering if he had fallen asleep again, or wasn’t in the mood to eat, either way, he thought it was a bit weird. Suho claimed that Kai was just tired, but Kyungsoo wouldn’t buy it, since he remembered that both of them went to sleep and woke up at the same time. While the others sat around the table, eating quietly and mouthing each other instead of actually talking, Kyungsoo stood up and decided to leave the table. He wasn’t that hungry anymore. Instead, when he left the kitchen, he decided to go and take a look on JongIn. Just like he knew he would be, he sees JongIn sprawled on the bed, face against his pillow and his legs wide open, showing off his laziness. He didn’t buy the fact that Kai would actually be tired. He quietly tiptoed to the edge of the bed and sat himself there, observing Kai and how he stirred when the bed sank under his weight. He groaned when Kyungsoo made himself comfortable and crossed his legs and sat next to him instead. The older poked his back, but he didn’t stir. He was beginning to get annoyed, since it was obvious that he wasn’t asleep, but ignoring him.
After a successful slap in the , JongIn stired and groaned, turning around flat on his back and his hands resting on his bare chest. 
‘’What?’’ JongIn questioned. 
‘’You hungry?’’ The older asked. JongIn shook his head.
‘’No..’’ To his misfortune, his tummy growled right after, which made Kyungsoo raise a brow. 
‘’You sure about that? I can bring you food,’’ He tempted with a smile. JongIn rolled his eyes and sighed.
‘’Later..I’m not in the mood to eat,’’ Just like he thought. 
‘’Come on, I made us some bacon, you sure you don’t want any?’’ 
‘’Nope..’’ Kai turned his back to the elder, who grimaced at this, sighed in defeat. 
‘’JongIn-ah..’’ He called quietly as Kai buried his face in the pillow and snuggled in deeper. ‘’JongIn..’’ He tried again, the younger spooned and ignored him more. ‘’Come on, I don’t like seeing you like this..are you mad?’’ The younger shortly nodded. ‘’At me?’’ JongIn sighed into the pillow, but shook his head. ‘’Can you tell me?’’ 
‘’Why do you even want to know, you’re never like this..’’ Kyungsoo blinked a couple of times, registering what just came out of his mouth. 
‘’I..I care about you, JongIn, why would you say that?’’ He furrowed his brows, aching for an answer. JongIn turned around back to the position he was in before, eyes staring into his as he sneaked his hands behind his head.
‘’Sorry..’’ He apologized, guilt washing over his face. ‘’I’m just a little worried..’’ 
‘’It’s okay..’’ Kyungsoo soothed, abruptly removing some loose strands of hair out of his face. He decided to not worry about that act, since JongIn didn’t put that much thought into it. ‘’You’re always worried.’’ He chuckled and watched as JongIn sighed, thinking about what he had just said. 
‘’I know..’’ 
‘’Then why do you do it?’’ 
‘’It’s a habit.’’ JongIn raised a brow and answered with a scoff. Kyungsoo chuckled.
‘’I see that,’’ He began, ‘’But why? It’s not even your responsibility to take care of us, you’re just a little older than Sehun.’’ 
‘’I feel like Suho lost the purpose of why we’re even here..’’ He answered below a whisper, almost a mumble.
‘’He’s aware of everything, that’s why he’s trying his best to protect us these days.’’ JongIn sits up.
‘’It shouldn’t be just these days, it should be all the time, and I feel like he’s just protecting us when we need it,’’ He groaned, ‘’We should be helping each other..it’s not always Suho who has to protect us..we’re a team, he can’t take care of 5 young ones by himself.’’  
‘’Okay, okay relax,’’ Kyungsoo placed a hand on his spine, JongIn getting chills feeling his pale fingers soothing him. ‘’I get where you’re coming from, and you’re right..but don’t kill yourself worrying about everyone but yourself, you seem to be forgetting that the first person that you should be taking care of is, well, you.’’ He took one of his digits and pressed it against his chest, emphasizing his point. JongIn stayed quiet and looked at his curling toes nervously. ‘’You get me, right?’’ Kyungsoo demanded an answer, but didn’t get one. JongIn just pouted and kept playing with his little toes. Kyungsoo forced his look and picked his chin up, making him look into his eyes, ‘’Right?’’ JongIn blinked and nodded slowly. Kyungsoo dropped his gaze and bit his lip.
‘’Kyungsoo-ah..’’ JongIn called, hoping that the elder would answer. Luckily, a second later, he did.
‘’I care about you a lot, okay? Don’t be sad or mad..because it makes me sad and mad at you for no reason, okay?’’ JongIn gulped. 
‘’Are you mad at me now?’’ 
‘’No..but if you keep being like this, I will be.’’ He mumbled.
‘’W—Why?’’ 
‘’Because I don’t like seeing you like this, you worry too much.’’ He raised his look to JongIn’s eyes and pouted. JongIn laughed. 
‘’I’ll be fine, don’t worry about me too much either.’’ JongIn clawed at his hair gently, making it cover his eyes as he giggled. Kyungsoo blushed.
‘’I won’t, just tell me you’ll be back to your normal self and I’ll back off.’’ 
‘’Which means I can keep on flirting with you and you wouldn’t mind?’’Kyungsoo raised a brow and brushed some hair out of his face. That was enough of a ‘no’ for Kai. ‘’I’m..kidding.’’ He chuckled. 
‘’I would mind actually,’’ He started, straightening his position so he was in front of JongIn. ‘’but I’m not saying that I would prefer gloomy JongIn over happy and flirty JongIn.’’ Kai smiled and slightly blushed at his words. 
‘’Okay, then I’ll go back to being happy and flirty JongIn.’’ 
‘’Good.’’ He smiled. After that, the two settled on lying next to each other just for the sake of it. JongIn secretly liked the feeling of Kyungsoo’s arm touching his, but kept his comments to himself, knowing that will eventually shoo him away. He smiled to himself and turned around, using his arms as a pillow.
‘’Hyung,’’ Kyungsoo, who was comfortably lying with his arms behind his head, turned his face to look at him.
‘’Hmm?’’ 
‘’Thanks,’’ Kyungsoo smiled. ‘’you know, for worrying about me and stuff..I thought that you would be the last to care..’’ He murmured. 
‘’You’re very welcome,’’ He smiled widely. ‘’but don’t assume those things, you never know who’s thinking about you.’’ He nodded and encircled his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist, pulling him closer.
‘’I know..so I’m sorry.’’ He breathed in his scent and snuggled into his chest.
‘’It’s okay..’’ For once, when Kai was acting like this, he didn’t mind and let it be like he wanted it. ‘’You still hungry?’’ JongIn, who was stuck in a trance, immediately opened his eyes and jumped out of bed, beckoning his hyung to come with him to the kitchen. ‘’I’ll take that as a yes..’’ He mumbled to himself as he got out of bed and stretched his muscles out, ready to follow jumpy JongIn out. 
 
BaekHyun’s POV.
After breakfast, I was expecting to be greeted by a happy, go-lucky and cheery Chanyeol. What I didn’t expect though, was a moody and pretty pissed off Chanyeol, who claimed he was ‘going for a walk’, but I didn’t buy it, of course, since I was his best friend, I knew it wasn’t true..so I followed him. 
Chanyeol must be ing deaf; I came to the conclusion, because I sure as wasn’t quiet. I ‘tip-toed’ my way towards a narrow hall, hiding behind a corner as he continued his walk towards..the court? I furrowed my brows but shrugged, and kept slightly running towards the big doors that covered said court. I took in a sharp breath and opened the door, hearing it creak the slightest bit. I gritted my teeth and shut my eyes, hearing the squeak of his shoes, saving me from getting caught. I sighed in relief and snuck my way through the court, walking towards a door behind the bleachers, which was apparently..the gym? I shrugged and quietly opened the door. 
The first thing I see is Chanyeol, of course, taking his T-Shirt off and tossing it elsewhere. I gulped, seeing as how his back muscles flexed while putting on, yet another shirt, only this time, it was a grey tank top. He ducked down to the floor and pulled out a roll of gauze, which made me tilt my head, confused. He then stood up and rolled the gauze through his palms and knuckles, and sighed. Through the peek of the door, I could see the anger swelling up in his eyes for some reason I, in fact, wish I knew.
As his back was turned, I took the chance to sneak in there and hide behind a vending machine, watching him as he cracked his neck and back, making me wince, since I hated those sounds. I blinked as he positioned himself in front of what seemed to be like a punching bag, and began stretching. I gulped, but kept observing, and before I knew it, he started punching the bag. I blinked, bit my lip and kept my eyes focused on his moves. He panted, and beads of sweat were trickling down his forehead and neck as he repeatedly assaulted the bag. He grunted when the bag apparently got hit too hard, and went directly into his face. Grabbing the bag by the sides, he joined his forehead with it and mumbled a few things before cracking his knuckles quite loudly, making my ears perk up as I hissed. I covered my mouth as I see him furrow his brows and look around. He shrugged and kept punching the bag as I my dried lips, watching how hard his punches really were, sending the bag going back and forth to him. Suddenly, while watching the taller, I felt a tickle on my nose. My eyes widened in realization, and I instantly pinched my nose, preventing a sneeze. Successfully, I avoided it, but that didn’t mean that I wasn’t under suspicion of the perky giant. 
After a few punches, he decided he was already sweaty and tired enough to get himself a drink. I hid deeper behind the vending machine as he approached it, and shut my eyes as I tried to not breathe. He pressed a few buttons and when the bottle came down; I heard the quick hiss, which meant he uncapped it, and then a few pants, which meant he took a swig of it. I sighed in relief when he slowly started leaving the spot, but all those thoughts came crashing down when,
‘’Hi, Baekhyun..’’ He said, almost aware that I was actually there. I cursed under my breath but kept in place. ‘’Baek, you can come out now, you know?’’ I sighed and facepalmed, coming out from behind the machine and shyly looked down at the floor, playing with two of my digits. 
‘’Hi, Channie..’’ I cooed, trying to see if the ‘anger’ in his voice would soothe with a nickname. 
‘’Why’d you follow me?’’ I looked up, startled, to find his brows raised and his arms crossed, waiting for an answer. I stuttered.
‘’Y—You were angry..I wanted to know what you were going to do..’’ I murmured and avoided his piercing eyes that I knew were staring down at me with shame..why did I even do this?
‘’I wasn’t angry..’’ He said, shrugging. I lifted my head slowly, seeing how expressionless his face actually was, coated with a thick layer of pale skin and salty drops of sweat. ‘’Frustrated would be the right word..’’ 
‘’Frustrated why?’’ I asked sooner than expected. He shrugged and positioned himself in front of the bag again, beckoning me to join him on the other side. I gulped, but nodded, heading behind the bag, where I had a firm grip. 
‘’A lot of things, Baek..’’ He sighed, joining his forehead against the cold material of the bag. I blinked.
‘’If you can’t tell me..’’ I whispered, peeking through the sides and seeing how he lifted his head to pay attention to what I was saying. ‘’..then tell me, why are you doing this?’’ I finished my question, now feeling my nails dig into the material. 
‘’I need to relieve some stress..’’ He said, lightly punching the bag. ‘’Try to hold it really tight, I don’t want to hurt you.’’ I blinked—since it was a noticeable habit of mine—but did as told, focusing my eyes on the bag and backing away a few centimeters. My heart secretly did flips as soon as he said that he didn’t want to hurt me..
‘’Go.’’  With that word being said, he started striking. I gulped, feeling as the target of his repeated punches, was now hitting my stomach and chest. I still kept holding on. Maybe he just wanted the firmness to stay there so he could take advantage of it, so he needed my help. I still saw no point in this..
‘’You..wanna know?’’ He panted. I beamed my head up and nodded. He must’ve seen one way or another, because he continued. ‘’I ing ran into Kris again..’’ The anger in his voice, it was, well, there. I was afraid to answer, so I stuttered. 
‘’U—Umm, yeah?’’
‘’He gave me this ing dirty look and I just wanted to rip his ing head off..not to mention that he..’’ He punched the bag hard this time, making me grunt as he kept panting out answers, ‘’he looked at you and smirked..he ing smirked and I wanted to bring him against the wall and knock some air out of him..’’ I shivered. Never have I heard Chanyeol with so much rage, not to mention at someone he just met..because they looked at me..and smirked? 
‘’Ch—Chan..what’s that have to do with anything? Why are you so mad?’’ I struggled, since the constant feeling of force against my stomach was avoiding me from saying anything. 
‘’He pisses me off, I don’t want him looking at you..like that.’’ He stopped, looked up and down at me, and breathed, before taking a drink of water and throwing it on the safety mat. He then looked at me again, slowly panting, his chest rising as he wiped sweat drops from his dampened face and neck. ‘’It gave me a weird feeling..I..I don’t like it..’’ He mumbled the last part as I sighed, 
‘’Relax, he won’t touch me, he wouldn’t dare.’’ I rolled my eyes. ‘’Now, why are you punching this? It’s not like you guys are going to beat each other raw just by looking at me, now would you?’’ I raised a brow and placed my hands on my hips. Chnayeol sighed and raised a brow before punching the bag with less force. He fanned himself with the collar of his shirt and wiped the remains of sweat below his nose.
‘’Baek, don’t you know how easy of a target you really are?’’ He asked, not even bothering to answer my question. I frowned, as he continued, ‘’You don’t, right? So right now the only goal I have in this damned school is to protect you, okay? And with this limp and jiggly body of mine, I’m not going to get far, so if I have to beat him raw for you, I will, and gladly. Does that answer your question?’’ I blinked a total of three times, absorbing his words. He extended his arms out and shrugged. ‘’Does it?’’ I immediately nodded and stood quiet as he drank some more water. When the water went completely empty, he threw it away, and sat next to me in the mat that I was now sitting on, patting my shoulder. 
‘’Thank you..’’ I mumbled, while wrapping my arms around my knees, hugging them closer. I buried my head in between them, and released an intake of air that I felt I was holding for longer than needed. 
‘’For?’’ He asked, messing with the strands of hair that stuck to the back of my sweaty neck. I shivered, goose-bumps growing all over my arms and shoulders when I felt his fingertips grazing over my sensitive nape, and lifted my head so he could stop said actions.
‘’Wanting to protect me..even if you don’t have to.’’ 
‘’I do it because I need to, Baek.’’ 
‘’Why? Is it because I’m small?’’ I raised a brow as he chuckled and ruffled my hair.
‘’No, because I don’t want anyone to take away my best friend..’’ He said, picking on his sweatpants and looking at his knees as I curled a small smile on my lips. I chuckled. ‘’What?’’ He pouted, now picking at his shoelaces. 
‘’Nothing..I just think that it’s sweet that you care so much about me..’’ I shrugged. 
‘’Because I do.’’ I smiled and leaned the side of my head in my knees while hugging them. He turned to me and gave me a reassuring smile.
‘’I can take care of myself, too, you know?’’ I pouted and looked at him pleadingly.
‘’With your obliviousness, I don’t think you could get far.’’ He rolled his eyes and fell backwards into the mat, releasing some air. I huffed. 
‘’But you’re not always going to be my body guard, Chan.’’ I lay down next to him and sighed as I placed my hands in my chest. 
‘’I know, I just don’t want you to lift a single finger for that ..’’ He closed his eyes shut and sniffed, crinkling his nose cutely. 
‘’What makes you think that I’m going to let you get all the punches? It’s not like you’re more different than me..besides, of course..the height.’’ I rolled my eyes as he chuckled and shifted in the mat to a more comfortable position. 
‘’Besides the height, let’s face it..there’s no light without fire, remember? Therefore, I’m not going to let him touch you, and that’s it.’’ He shrugged and positioned his hands behind his head as he yawned. I groaned and sat back down, thinking about what he said. 
After several minutes of thinking, I grew bored, and decided to see how Chanyeol was doing. He was still laying down, probably catching a nap, and as his chest rose and fell back down, I found it strangely adorable how his heavy breathing sounded. I giggled a little, and decided to poke his side, just to see his reaction. I poked him 2 times. The first, he squinted and stirred, and the second, he giggled and slapped my hand away softly, and I smiled. 
‘’Yah..’’ He mumbled and laughed as I kept poking him. ‘’Stop~’’ He pleaded and opened his eyes, smiling widely. ‘’Quit it~’’
‘’Fine, fine,’’ I stopped and shyly kept staring at him as he stole glances from me. He pulled out a mirror and held it above his face (he was still laying down) and sighed, fixing his hair. 
‘’I’m still serious about what I said, though.’’ 
‘’About what?’’ 
‘’I’m not letting him touch you.’’ He said it calmly, still trying to fix a hair that wouldn’t go down. ‘’You heard me right?’’ He turned his head and faced me, as I nodded quickly,
‘’Yeah, yeah, I heard you..’’ 
‘’Then you agree to let me beat him raw if he does, right?’’ He raised a brow, waiting for an answer. I sighed,
‘’…just don’t get in too much trouble.’’ I turned my face from him and looked at the floor, completely ignoring his staring. I felt him slide next to me, and felt his warm breath on the top of my head.
‘’I won’t. Promise.’’ 
 
Monday, September 24,2012
 
Legendary Dorm
 
No One’s POV.
As the six huddled around the kitchen, finding the right ingredients to make breakfast, Kris spoke up, the loud and booming, yet annoying voice, distracting them from doing their previous acts,
‘’I need to talk to you all, around the table in 5.’’ And he disappeared into his bedroom shared with Tao, as the others stared at each other, confused and trying to figure out who did something that troubled them all. Secretly, they were all scared.
When breakfast was done, they quickly huddled around the table, humanly-impossible-tight. 
‘’As you know, today is the beginning of the tests,’’ They nodded in unison, ‘’How did you all study?’’ He intertwined his own finger and stared at them all, who looked at each other, secretly asking who would be the first to speak. 
‘’I—Uh..’’ XiuMin cleared his throat and stood up, fixing his tie. ‘’M—Me and Chen studied together..we know all the answers to the first test..sir?’’ He questioned himself, waiting approval of Kris, who was younger than him, but was the most respected.  Kris ordered him to sit down and nodded his head in approval, making XiuMin send a sweet, secretive smile to Chen, who gladly smiled back and placed a hand on his thigh, whispering a quick ‘’Fighting!’’ 
‘’Yixing?’’ Kris asked the dark haired boy who was busy talking to Luhan. He quickly regained his senses and stood up, buttoning up his school blazer and clearing his throat. 
‘’I spent 3 hours in the library each day, took some notes and made a review of every subject that comes in the first test, Duizhang. I’m more than ready.’’ Yixing bowed and waited for further word. His back was starting to ache by the first 10 seconds, but Kris hummed before he could read his eyes. 
‘’Alright, good enough, you may sit down.’’ Lay bowed one last time and did a quick in-seat victory dance, making Luhan giggle. 
‘’LuHan, tell me.’’ Luhan quickly stood up and cleared his throat..
‘’Umm, I just went to the library and studied hard, sometimes I would get sleepy, but I managed to know all of the keywords and code words, completed with some questions. I did my best, though I do know all the vocabulary words and other fragments of the test itself, I guess I was just..busy the other days..I’ll gladly receive whatever grade I get, shameful or unshameful.’’ Kris raised a brow as Luhan bowed down and apologized. Kris sighed and placed his face in his hands, trying to make a decision. He looked up at Luhan, who was currently looking at his feet while bowing down. He felt bad for the guy, but had to give him what he deserved, and what he deserved, was the grade he was going to get, furthermore,
‘’Do your best, you may sit.’’ LuHan raised his look and nodded before bowing down and sitting back down next to Lay, who shook his shoulder, supporting him. ‘’Alright, Chen, since you said you studied with XiuMin, you won’t be questioned,’’ Chen sighed in relief. ‘’Just tell me, what you expect from this test, since I cannot treat you indifferent from the rest.’’ Kris rested his face in his hand as he drummed his fingers on the table, waiting for the answer. He heard the chair creak as Chen stood up and started speaking not a second later,
‘’I think that all of us, regardless of our preference when it comes to studies, will do well, and the test will only be an obstacle throughout our journey to the Olympics, furthermore, my expectations are low, but my goals are high, which comes to the equivalency of our success.’’ Chen bowed and waited for an answer. 
‘’Very good observation, you can sit.’’ Chen sat down as XiuMin gave him a thumbs up. He smiled and returned the gesture with a shake of his shoulders.
‘’That leaves us with Tao.’’ He rubbed his temples and sighed, seeing Tao proudly stand up and put some books down on the table. 
 ‘’Well, gege, my studying sessions mostly took place in the comfort of, well, our room. I read the book page by page, and with my perfect photographic memory, I was able to learn the vocabulary, the code words, keywords and questions by the 3rd time sesh, so, I’ll say I studied rather nicely. Plus, I had a vision the other day, we all did well. Congratulations, Legendary.’’ After Tao explained, the others started clapping and cheering as Kris nodded his head in approval, making Tao give away a sincere and happy smile directly at him, which made Kris’ heart do flips, though he didn’t know how to put it in words how that smile made him feel, so he just smiled back. 
‘’Impressive, Tao, you may take a seat.’’ Tao took his seat and congratulated each member by shaking their hands one by one and smiling warmly. 
While they ate quietly, Kris sees Luhan a bit spaced out, so decides to wake him up and get him back on track,
‘’Hey, LuHan,’’ The other raised his view and looked at him, confused. ‘’How’s that guy you’ve been seeing?’’ LuHan gulped and looked far away from Kris’ eyes.
‘’H—How did you find out?’’ 
‘’I know everything, so tell me, how is he?’’ Kris led on as LuHan sighed and began,
‘’He’s good..’’ He starts poking his food, uninterested in the conversation and how quiet the room turned after the response. Kris sighed and said, 
‘’Okay, good for him.’’ And kept eating his food. LuHan, however, felt sick after that and threw away his food, wondering how it was that Kris found it, since he hadn’t told anyone but Lay. Could it have been that Kris heard them sometime? Or maybe his name sort of spilled out? Either way, he didn’t know. He just knew that he felt sick and the overwhelming guilt of leaving Sehun and not saying ‘hello’ to him in the morning, or send him a text message or even think of him started swelling up and taking a place in his heart. He felt so lonely all of the sudden, and so very sick. He could throw up right now after that encounter. He wasn’t that hungry anymore either, and Lay noticed this. Wanting to come to him and ask him what was wrong, he brushed it off, since he and LuHan hadn’t talked since Friday evening, since he was going towards SeHun’s, but other than that, they didn’t talk during the weekend because of studying and other reasons he didn’t know. He was entitled to find out though..
And after they ate, they decided that time was getting ahead of them and they hurried off the dorm, nervous about the outcome, though Tao had already told them. 
Back with the others, they were all walking down the hall, eyes all upon them. JongIn out of all the others liked the attention he was receiving from the students, and began waving at them, making them nervously wave back. He laughed and nudged Sehun on the shoulder for him to see how the different males reacted. Sehun rolled his eyes. JongIn found out that Sehun was, indeed, in a bad mood, so didn’t bother him throughout the walk towards their locker. Sehun and JongIn’s lockers stood a few feet away from each other, but could still talk, since JongIn’s locker stood facing Sehun’s back. 
‘’What class is your first?’’ JongIn asked from across. Sehun turned around and leaned on his locker, holding his books, or might as well, hugging them to his chest. He looked around the hall and sighed for a particular reason, and spoke,
‘’Biolo—‘’ 
‘’Attention Seniors,’’ The hallway speakers interrupted Sehun and they stood still to listen. ‘’all of you today will take a class with your gym teachers, JB&JR to teach you about self defense and shielding, do not miss it, since senior homerooms are considered closed for today. After this class, you all will return to your normal schedules to take your respective tests. Thank you.’’ Sehun and Kai looked at each other and groaned, hitting their heads backwards with their locker doors. 
‘’, do you think what I think it is that I’m thinking?’’ This confused Sehun, thus tilting his head in confusion. 
‘’Wow, you’re actually thinking..’’ Sehun raised a brow and snickered as JongIn rolled his eyes and pushed him by the shoulder on the way to the gym-room. 
As they all walked extra-dramatically and lined up to the gym, when they reached the door, they see a familiar tet reaching for the door handle at the same time. Kris smirked and took his hand off, allowing Suho. Suho raised a brow, and instead allowed them to go first, while secretly in the background, Sehun and Luhan stared at each other, obviously blushing. Without any other word, The Legendary took the opportunity to go in first, and the other six didn’t argue, instead, they rolled eyes and glared from behind, this especially being Chanyeol, who had a strange look in his eyes ever since he made eye-contact with the Legendary’s leader, Kris, which kind of scared the others. 
After they changed into their gym clothes, they walked inside to find the rest of the students, which were approximately 40 in total.
When inside, the two strange-looking-15-year-old-teachers-who-were-actually-35, rang their very loud whistles, making the other students literally shut the up. They made them line up, and JB counted 2 groups of 20 in a mass of 40 students in total, and the Legendary, divided and morphed in a group where there was Sehun, JongIn, Baekhyun, XiuMin, Lay and Kyungsoo  and the other 3 stood in a group where there was Kris, Tao and LuHan, Chen, Chanyeol and SuHo.
There was a line separating the two large groups of 20, and they all thought the same thing, even before JR threw 2 red balls to two students of the different groups. They froze as JB rang his annoying whistle again.
‘’Now, listen here, kids.’’ He started. ‘’Today, you’ll be playing dodge ball. All of my previous seniors took this lesson and applied it; I expect the same, so play fair. Remember that whoever gets hit is out, whoever catches the ball gains 2 points and whichever group that hits 0 members first, loses automatically.’’  
‘’What he said.’’ JR said, crossing his arms and clearing his throat. His brother hit the back of his head and extended his arms in question. The two argued silently but JR lost and was forced to say a few words, ‘’Anyways, you know the drill, eh..play ball!’’ JB rang his whistle and away the balls went. 
Baekhyun made sure to skip every ball thrown directly at him, since they saw him as the weakest target. On the other hand, JongIn flung every ball that was thrown at him back, gaining him 4 points to his team instantly. Sehun and JongIn high-fived and resumed the game. Kai took a ball and tossed it to Sehun, who caught it and flung it at Kris, but missed. LuHan flung one at a Japanese foreign exchange student, who fell to the ground and considered himself out. LuHan, shocked, apologized as the other flipped him off, holding his bleeding nose. Sehun tried not to laugh. 
‘’Pass it!’’ Kris yelled to Chanyeol, who was currently holding the ball as other balls came shooting their way. Chanyeol held the ball and tossed it rather hard towards Kris a second later, making him groan and shoot him a look. Chanyeol smirked and caught a ball with a hand as he jumped, which meant 2 points for them. Sehun and JongIn stared at him in confusion as Chanyeol shrugged and threw the ball towards a Chinese student known as Bingwen, eliminating him. 
10 minutes into the game, Baekhyun, SeHun, Chanyeol, LuHan, Kris and Tao were still in it to win it, which meant that Lay, Chen, SuHo, JongIn, XiuMin and Kyungsoo have already been eliminated. Baekhyun skipped all the balls, Sehun was good at throwing, Chanyeol caught some balls because of his height, LuHan used his power to grab the balls from afar, and Kris and Tao were teaming up, catching and throwing. The other Chinese members were out by now, which meant the Legendary and the ‘amateurs’, like they called them, were completely battling each other out, even if it meant eliminating one of their combined tets. 
It was 20-18, the left side, where Chanyeol and Kris were, was winning by two. Chanyeol tried not to hit Baekhyun, but the other boy could not stop moving, which made it a bit hard. Kris, however, rushed Chanyeol, and that resulted in a huge argument..and Chanyeol throwing the ball to his own team-member directly in the face, making them come to a halt, and stop the game for 5 minutes. 
After the 5 minutes, the game resumed, and LuHan caught 2 more balls that Sehun threw at him, both purposely and to win said game. Sehun and Baekhyun were only 2, and they were obviously the main targets, but Sehun threw a ball, albeit a little too hard and knocked Tao out, making Kris furious. Kris took a ball from the ground and pointed it directly at Sehun’s face, Chanyeol noticing. He threw it, and the ball landed on Sehun’s stomach, bringing him down, cursing while at it. 
‘’Sehun!’’ Chanyeol, Luhan, and Baekhyun exclaimed as Sehun rolled around, holding his stomach. Baekhyun tried to give him a hand, but the other refused and stood up, his arms hugging his body as he groaned. He removed a hand from his stomach, and the other was next, and shockingly enough, he had the ball in hand, which meant he had caught it during impact. Luhan gasped, and right after, the whistle rang, granting him 4 points. Baekhyun cheered as Kris groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration as Chanyeol smirked, clapping for Sehun, who smiled and told the teachers that he could still play. 
After 5 minutes, it was just Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sehun and Kris, since Luhan threw his ball and the same hit him by accident. He decided to forfeit and cheer for both Sehun and Kris, even though he didn’t want to. Kris tossed the ball to a waiting Chanyeol, who tried with all his might not to hit the scared Baekhyun, who actually didn’t seem all that scared anymore, in fact, he looked a bit..into the game, in position to catch the ball and everything. Chanyeol shrugged and launched the ball, making it bounce on the floor, causing them a loss of 2 points. Baekhyun took it from the ground and questioned himself, whether to throw it at Sehun, who could throw much better, or to throw it himself, proving Chanyeol that he can do something for himself. He decided the second option and threw it, causing Sehun to yell his name in confusion  as the ball flew in the air and headed right into Chanyeol’s..groin. He gasped and tried to cover up his giggles as Chanyeol came down to the ground, Kris laughing at the tall male’s misery. Sehun bit back a laugh as Chanyeol groaned and pouted at Baekhyun, who just kept laughing. A few seconds later, he was standing up, headed towards the bleachers and next to Luhan, who hid his giggles with a few coughs.
‘’Sorry!’’ Baekhyun apologized as Sehun pat his back. 
‘’Play ball!’’ JR exclaimed, as JB blew the whistle as he sat atop his ‘tower’. The game started again and it was only Kris versus Sehun and Baekhyun, and Kris was more than determined to win this , since he had more points, but unfortunately, it was just him, so anything could happen in 5 more minutes. Kris had the ball, and he launched it at Sehun, but reluctantly missed the shot, and Baekhyun took his ball and threw it back, missing as well. 
It was down to 2 minutes, yet nothing happened, and as the crowd got loud and dirty, Kris sees that it’s hard to hear his own thoughts and Sehun feels he might as well give up, so he can at least sit next to Luhan, who was cheering for him next to Chanyeol, who was still holding his crotch. Baekhyun though, didn’t mind the ruckus, and that only motivated him more. Never had he felt like he could actually win something, albeit sports, which he at. Kris throws, Sehun throws, Baekhyun throws, but no one got the chance to send someone flying to the ground, and that pissed Kris off. He was looking like a failure in front of the whole student body, against two stupid and un-worthy Koreans. Baekhyun and Sehun noticed his rage, and high-fived, laughed and made jokes, but none of them knew that a ball was going to be flung on the side of Sehun’s face. Baekhyun went wide eyed, and the next thing he sees is Luhan rushing to his side and helping him up as Chanyeol palms his face in utter stress, and stands up, mouthing ‘forfeit!’ to Baekhyun, who just shook his head. Chanyeol groaned and sat back down, frowning and looking angry at Kris, who had a smirk planted on his lips. Baekhyun gulped and backed away a bit, where Kris’ eyes followed him. He gasped as he hit backwards into a wall, but next to it stood a ball, and he took it, walking slowly towards the line that separated the tall Chinese and the smaller Korean. Kris luckily didn’t have one, but he sees Baekhyun hesitate, whether to throw the ball..or forfeit, either way, Kris knew he was going to win. 
Silence came over the gym and all eyes were on Baekhyun, including Chanyeol’s piercing pair, which made him nervous. He shut his eyes and let out an intake of air, preparing to throw it. He released the ball and it crossed the other line, but didn’t reach Kris, which made him gasp as soon as it reached his shoes instead. Kris smirked again and took the ball, bouncing it on the floor and back at him. The teacher had given them 2 more minutes, since the game had come to an end, but this was too damn entertaining, as he claimed.  Kris knew he should at least add some anxiety to Chanyeol, who bit his nails and closed his eyes, then opened them every so often, and now, he thought, was the best time to show just how weak these Koreans were. Kris positioned himself, ready to throw the ball, when Chanyeol rose and yelled,
‘’Catch the ball, Baek!’’ Baekhyun spun his head back and saw him, concern etched on his face like sweat. He turned his head, only to gasp when he sees the ball come directly at him. He moved his head to the side, skipping the ball as Kris groaned. He was so close to eliminating Baekhyun and winning the damn game. 
Baekhyun froze, but came back to his senses as he took the ball and threw it less than a second later, missing Kris. Kris did the same, but missed as Baekhyun ran the other way. He took it again and got an idea as soon as the rays of the sun hit his face from outside. He smirked and strategized, walking over to the very middle of the gym, where the red line separating them stood, and looked directly in the eyes of Kris, who gulped. He let out some air and felt his palms become bright and lit as he held the ball. Kris squinted, the brightness hitting his face like a tidal wave. He sees everything blurry and fuzzy, but that doesn’t stop him from preparing himself to catch the ball and eliminate Baekhyun. On the other side, Chanyeol, Sehun and Luhan stood confused and jaw-dropped as Baekhyun closed his eyes and glowed more than a football stadium, practically blinding them all as they tried to keep looking at him. Baekhyun sees Kris perfectly well, and sees him struggle to keep his feet up. He smirks and throws the ball, not even hard, but it was enough to send the ball at Kris’ stomach, and consider him out. 
The crowd cheered as soon as Baekhyun lets his brightness down, and as soon as he does, he sees Kris is passed out on the floor, ‘he probably got dizzy and fainted.’ He thought and shrugged as he went over to the 3 boys who were cheering him on and celebrated as the others patted his back. Chanyeol was the first to run and hug him and ask him if he was alright, which Baekhyun nodded to happily. Tao, XiuMin and Chen went over to check on Kris, who groaned and asked what happened. The others looked at each other, secretly discussing whether to tell him or not that he just lost to Baekhyun, they chose not to. 
After they celebrated and the teacher congratulated Baekhyun for being such a good under-dog, they changed and went back to class to take their tests, LuHan and Lay following behind them as they kept cheering Baekhyun on.
‘’Nice play, Baek!’’
‘’Yeah, I didn’t know you had it in you!’’
‘’That was amazing!’’
‘’Did you see how Kris ended up on the floor?! Epic ending!’’ 
‘’Let’s give him some space, guys, he’s probably tired.’’ Suho told the others, who were busy yelling and giving Baekhyun a headache as Chanyeol wrapped his arms securely over his shoulders, Baekhyun leaning into his chest tiredly. He felt exhausted now that he used up all his energy on a sport..
‘’You were great, too, Sehun.’’ Luhan smiled at Sehun, who just rubbed his still hurting stomach. 
‘’Thanks, you weren’t so bad either.’’ He smiled and with his free hand, he took hold of Luhan’s hand and drew him closer, wrapping his arm around his hips, making Luhan blush. 
‘’Thank you..’’ He mumbled against Sehun’s chest. 
‘’I mean, that was nothing! That Jianjun bastard was distracting me!’’ JongIn frowned and crossed his arms, opposing against Kyungsoo’s word. 
‘’Yeah, yeah, whatever.’’ Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and smiled, purposely drawing himself close to JongIn, who took initiative and wrapped his arm, as well, over Kyungsoo’s shoulders. He smiled as he rubbed a red spot on his cheek. Suho was walking alone, seeing all these ‘couples’ walking together and secretly flirting, and felt like a..7th wheel..in a truck, in a huge truck full of couples that is. He sighed, and before you knew it, there was a tap on his shoulders. He turned around, only to be welcomed by Lay.
‘’Hi.’’ He said.
‘’Hey..’’ He replied. 
‘’What’s up?’’
‘’Walking.’’
‘’Oh..’’ Lay cleared his throat awkwardly as he walked next to Suho with his hands in his pockets. Suho secretly smiles, seeing how at least someone still remembers him and takes the opportunity to talk to him, though he felt bad that he seemed a little disrespectful to Lay, who took initiative to talk to him. 
‘’So..’’ He started a new subject, ‘’You ready for these tests?’’ Lay smiled and nodded.
‘’Yeah, how about you?’’ Suho nodded. ‘’That’s good..so how have you been? What have you been doing?’’ He asked, aiming to be a bit more social. 
‘’I’ve been good, but other than studying, I haven’t been doing anything..you?’’ Suho sighed and turned to look at Lay, who placed a finger in his chin thoughtfully.
‘’I’ve been good, too..though besides studying, I’ve been reading a lot more, so I guess that I know a bit more Korean than I did 2 weeks ago, hehe..’’ Suho smiled, hearing the difference as Lay spoke, and nodded.
‘’Yeah, it’s true, you seem more developed in the language, I’m glad.’’ 
‘’Thank you..’’ Lay said shyly as they kept walking. When they reached their lockers, Suho said goodbye to Lay, waving him off and wishing him good luck on the test, which Lay returned by wishing him good luck as well, and Luhan said goodbye to Sehun with a quick, barely noticeable chaste kiss on the lips, which made Sehun blush and touch his lips as Suho raised a brow and looked at him, slyly smiling. Sehun gasped and opened his locker, hiding his face in it as if he’d been discovered that he did something wrong. Suho rubbed circles in his back and patted him on the shoulder. 
‘’Relax, kid, I’m not mad.’’ Sehun came out of the locker and smiled at him, bowing down in gratitude. After this, they headed towards their respective tests, in the same classroom, where Kris and Tao were. Suho gulped, not wanting any trouble from the Chinese, as he went to his seat and sat down, pulling out a number 2 pencil and waiting for the teacher to pass the sheets. He sighed, trying to remember some of the answers, but was left with an empty mind. ‘Maybe it’s the nerves..yeah, nerves.’  
 
It was the middle of the class, and Suho managed to answer the first 5 parts..of 15. He thought so hard and studied so hard, and his brain was starting to become fused and useless, and it made him frustrated. He never thought that he could go through with cheating, but when he glanced next to him, where Sehun sat, he was in the 11th part, which made him go wide eyed. 
‘’Mr. Kim, do you have any difficulties?’’ Mrs. Liao asked, raising a brow and crossing her arms, her nails tippy-tapping on her arms as they drummed. Suho shook his head and looked down.
‘’N—No, Mrs. Liao..’’ The teacher hummed, and he resumed his thinking. 
‘, how is it that I didn’t learn this?! Stupid horrible Chinese of mine!’ He shut his eyes, and once he opened them, he glanced at the clock and gasped when he saw the time. Only 10 minutes left. He sighed, and dropped his head to the desk. He heard a few squeaks and he raised his view, only to see Kris hand in his paper to the teacher. He pouted and decided to bail on this one, there’ll be more tests during the week, right? He gave up, and decided to take a short 3 minute nap..that turned out to be more than 10 minutes.
‘’Suho-hyung..’’ Sehun’s voice rang in his ears, and he slowly opened his eyes and gasped, seeing how empty the class was. Standing up, he told Sehun to go because he had to give away his paper, and as soon as he left, he approached his teacher and stood in front of her as she organized some papers.
‘’Yes, Suho?’’ She asked without any eye-contact. Suho gulped.
‘’Uh..teacher..here’s my test..’’ He handed her the paper and she took it, reading through the sheet page by page. When she reached page 20, she raised a brow. 
‘’Suho, your test seems to be missing more than a few answers, you do recognize that, right?’’  Suho nodded. ‘’Tell me, what happened to you, Suho? I saw you studying in the library not even 3 days ago.’’ 
‘’I don’t know, Mrs. Liao..I just blanked out and forgot everything..I did my best, I really did.’’ Suho bowed down apologetically and the teacher sighed, reading through the answers he did complete. 
‘’Suho-ssi,’’ Suho looked up carefully and the teacher raised his view higher by tilting his chin up. ‘’I’m not supposed to do this, but I’ll give you ‘till the end of the week, when all the tests are over, to study and prepare yourself for the rest of this test, can you do that?’’ Suho blinked twice and tilted his head in confusion. 
‘’W—What?’’ 
‘’I’ll give you a chance, since I know you have difficulties with your Chinese.’’ Luckily, the teacher knew Korean..’’But you’ll receive some extra help since you can’t write it well either, so..’’ The teacher hummed and looked to the door, waiting for someone to pass by. ‘’Yixing! Come here for a second!’’ Suho went wide eyed but didn’t turn around; instead, he breathed in and heard the teacher talk in rapid Chinese to Lay. 
‘’Suho, Yixing-ah will teach you over the week, please listen well.’’ She smiled and Suho bowed in gratitude. 
‘’Thank you so much.’’ 
‘’You’re welcome..’’ She started. ‘’You’re a good student, I don’t want to see you decay in a class that I know you’re very good at, okay?’’ She smiled and tapped his nose with her index finger, ‘’Ah, you’re very handsome, too!’’ She cooed as Suho chuckled and bowed down. 
‘’Thank you..’’ 
‘’Don’t thank me, Suho, thank this fine gentleman!’’ She pointed at Lay and Suho bowed to him and said thank you.
‘’It’s okay, I just want to help.’’ He smiled and Suho felt his cheeks burning for no apparent reason. 
‘’Very well then, you two may go.’’ She shooed them off her classroom and Lay and Suho stood outside without saying a word to each other, until Lay broke the silence,
‘’So, tomorrow? After that?’’ 
‘’Uh..I guess we could meet tomorrow after the second test..’’ 
‘’Do you know the answers to the second test?’’ 
‘’Yeah, I guarantee it, I’m going to study a little bit of it today when we get back, just to test how well I know it.’’ 
‘’Oh, okay..so..tomorrow? Library?’’ Lay suggested while biting his lip. Suho nodded.
‘’Yeah, sure.’’ He smiled and bowed. ‘’Thanks again.’’ Lay smiled and bowed down as well.
‘’You’re welcome, but I must head to class..’’ 
‘’Me, too..so, see you around.’’
‘’Yeah, see you around..’’ And Lay went about his way as well as Suho. As his low boots clicked on the floor, he sees Sehun turn around and run to him, concerned. 
‘’Hyung! What happened?’’ He asked, shaking his shoulder as if whatever happened was a big deal.
‘’Yah! Sehun, I’m fine!’’ 
‘’Oh, sorry..’’ 
‘’Anyways, I got a tutor..’’ 
‘’A what?!’’ 
‘’Tutor.’’ 
‘’Who?’’ Sehun wondered, tilting his head.
‘’Lay..’’ Luhan peeked from Sehun’s shoulder.
‘’Lay?’’ 
‘’Lay.’’ He repeated, nodding his head. Luhan blinked and his mouth turned into a cute oblivious ‘o’.
‘’Oh, good for you! I’m sure he’ll teach you a lot!’’ 
‘’Yeah, I’m sure, too, which is why I’m glad it’s him’’ Suho chuckled and smiled as Sehun and Luhan smiled as well, then continuing their small little reunion. After putting some books in his locker, Luhan gave Sehun another quick kiss, this time, on the cheek and went his way to class. 
‘’Are you excited?’’ Sehun asked, smiling. 
‘’For what?’’ 
‘’Tutoring sessions.’’ He answered, coughing right after while raising his brow. Suho widened his eyes and pushed him, his cheeks and ears beet red in embarrassment. 
‘’Yah! It’s not like that!’’ 
‘’Aish, fine, I just wanted to hook you up but since you don’t want to, that’s fine..’’ Suho furrowed his brows. 
‘’H—Hook me up?’’ He asked, ‘’Why?’’
‘’Because everyone’s got someone except you, and Lay’s a good guy..’’ Sehun raised a brow and leaned on the locker. ‘Finally someone knows how I feel!’ He thought.
‘’What made you think I wanted someone?’’ He raised a brow. Sehun shrugged and with his normal sleepy eyes, he yawned. 
‘’I don’t know, I just wanted you to be happy with someone.’’
‘’I am happy..with you guys..I don’t need someone else..’’ Suho his arm nervously.
‘’Fine..but if you change your mind, let me know and I’ll tell Lu to tell him.’’ Suho gulped and nodded.
‘’Though that won’t be necessary, but thanks..’’ Suho sighed as Sehun gave off a small smile, and began to walk away, leaving Suho confused and unsure of what to feel or think as of right now..except his tutoring and his education.

 

A/N:
So..I tried adding some of the couples you requested .__.
Sorry if it's a fail!~ T.T
XiuChen will come soon,no worries :))
Please anticipate more of this story!^^ I have many plans! :D
Do you guys like? Do you guys not? Tell me and I'll try to do something!^^
Also, any ideas for the next chapter? Anybody? I'll be glad to add it to the chapter!^^ Except T.T
is coming, just not now :'((
Anyways, I hope you like it and I'll see you all next chapter!^^ Subscribe and Comment to let me know okay? :D
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!~
~Bianca
 
image