Bonus Chapter: Moonkyu's Perspective II

Before The Eclipse(HIATUS)

Moonkyu's POV.

 

I woke up as the sound of a door slamming invaded my eardrums and I immediately sat up on instinct, looking around. The room was empty and it couldn't have possibly been my door. I sighed and stood up, stretching and yawning as I heard my father yell from outside. It never had an effect on me since I was used to it but it was still a little annoying first thing in the morning. I walked towards the door slowly and opened it, following a loud, eerie creak. I peeked through the edges and looked around but there was nobody around to see me walking out practically half because dad had people working here for the better part of twenty-four hours. I carefully slid out of my room and headed towards the staircase; hoping dad was seriously on the phone or something. All I needed were my clothes since dad left them in the laundry room yesterday night and I couldn't wait in my room because dad always told me not to be a lazy .

"Moonkyu, is that you?!" I jolted in surprise and stammered a bit.

"Y-Yes! I'm coming down now!" I exclaimed as I stepped down a few stairs, trying to find my dad around every corner.

"I'm in the kitchen!" he yelled back and I nodded, sighing in relief. I wouldn't want him to see me in my boxers either. I slowly descended down the stairs and looked inside the kitchen to see my father there, headphones in his ears as he sang along to a song as he used a giant spoon as a microphone. I chuckled at this and shook my head, stirring my hair as I approached the laundry room across the hall. I sneaked inside and took the pile of clean clothes and looked around, looking for a t-shirt and some jeans.

"Hey, Kyu, I got the-- Moonkyu!" I jumped again and covered myself with a shirt I found lying around as my dad covered his with his hands.

"S-Sorry! I-I was just--"

"Yes, yes, just get dressed, Moonkyu, breakfast is ready," I chuckled and put my shirt on as he attempted to walk away with his eyes covered. I put on my jeans afterwards and started walking towards the kitchen. I sat down in one of the chairs and dad sat across from me, taking his headphones off and starting to eat. I followed afterwards and started eating until I suddenly got the hiccups.

 

"Excuse me," I said and stood up, getting myself a glass of water and drinking it on the spot.

"Aish," Dad said and sighed, taking out his phone and answering it, "hello?" he said and I kept drinking my water from across the room, "oh, he's here actually," I tilted my head as my dad kept talking over the phone in a hushed tone, "I'd rather you not; he's fine here with me...I said no, Geng, leave us alone--"

"Who are you talking to, dad?" I asked as soon as I heard my other father's name. He turned around, faced me and resumed his call, never answering my question.

"Yeah, I'm gonna have to talk to you later," I placed my glass down and walked over to him and he immediately turned the other way.

"Dad, who are you talking to?" I asked, more stern this time as my hands turned into fists.

"Y-Your father," he mumbled and my jaw dropped. I tried to take the phone from him but he wouldn't let me. I've been waiting for dad to call me for some time now. I wanted to go back to the Academy as soon as possible. Seeing my other dad was a good experience but I miss my friends. It was a shame I couldn't properly say goodbye to them.

"Let me talk to him," I demanded.

"Moonkyu, it's complicated--"

"No! I want to talk to him, give me the phone!" I practically tried to tear the phone from his hands but he wouldn't let me.

‘’Moonkyu!’’

‘’Dad please!’’ I pleaded as I stopped jumping for the phone. He sighed in defeat and passed the phone to me, ‘’hello?’’

‘’Son,’’ he sighed and I blinked in anticipation, ‘’so, there’s been an accident at school.’’

‘’What?! What happened?!’’ I gasped and walked around the kitchen, biting my nails.

‘’We don’t know yet, but son, your friends are missing,’’ my eyes widened in shock as I started to stutter.

‘’M-M-My friends? W-W-What are you talking about? W-Which friends?’’

‘’Apparently a couple of boys by the name of Kai and D.O,’’ My jaw dropped and my eyes immediately got watery as I shook all over, ‘’they’ve been missing ever since, son.’’

‘’N-N-No! This can’t be! What happened to them?!’’ I heard my dad sigh on the other line.

‘’I don’t know what we’re dealing with, son. All we know is that something unwanted took over the school and terrorized us. It’s too dangerous in here; classes have been suspended and cops are surrounding the buildings. Dorm rooms, offices, classrooms and even closets with a wide variety of treasures were destroyed. It’ll take us months to get the school back to its normal state.’’

‘’Oh, my goodness…’’ I blinked and sighed, ‘’did anybody else get hurt?’’

‘’Yes, many got injured, but so far there have been no deaths. We’ve only got a few in critical condition.’’

‘’Who could’ve done this?’’ I sighed and let my head drop as I wiped the sweat on my forehead. There was a long pause as dad started thinking and I tried to keep my composure. My other dad was rubbing my back in support as I kept waiting with shivering palms.

‘’It’s not a matter of who, but what, Moonkyu,’’ he started and I groaned in despair, ‘’we still have no leads concerning the source of this event, much less the perpetrator.’’ he said, sounding a bit disappointed.

‘’Are you sure there’s nothing I can do?’’ I asked quietly, trying not to let my dad behind me hear. He’d never let me go back to the academy this early, to him I just got here.

‘’Positive, Moonkyu. You can’t leave Korea; I’ve heard it’s dangerous to aboard the train during the past week and a half,’’ I groaned and ruffled my hair in frustration. Dad patted my back from behind and sighed.

‘’But dad!’’

‘’No ‘buts’, you’re not coming here, Moonkyu. You stay right there with your father!’’ He replied, sounding serious about the whole matter. I quickly started pacing around the kitchen in stomps as dad followed me, clearly complaining.

‘’Moonkyu, whatever your dad said, you better listen to him!’’ I shook my head and ran towards the living room, sitting on the couch.

‘’Dad, I am going there if it’s the last thing I do, I can’t just sit around here pretending nothing’s wrong when my friends are lost!’’

‘’No you are not, Moonkyu!’’ I rolled my eyes as my other father barged into the room, ‘’you’re not going anywhere, and you’re staying right here where it’s safe for you and me—‘’

‘’Dad, this isn’t about you! This is about my friends, I need to go back to China today!’’

‘’Moonkyu!’’ Dad on the other line yelled, taking me aback by his sudden tone of voice.

‘’W-What?’’ I asked, clearly startled.

‘’Do not talk to your father like that. You will stay there until I say so, period.’’ I groaned and sighed, exasperated.

‘’Fine,’’ I said and hung up the phone with no further word, standing up and giving it to dad.

‘’What did he say?’’ He asked, raising a brow.

‘’I’m staying. Happy?’’ I didn’t leave him a chance to answer as he parted his lips to reply and I quickly sprinted off into my room, closing and shutting the door loudly as I locked it. I could feel him step up the stairs but stop and sigh when he was in front of my door. I loved my dad a lot but sometimes he was just so possessive and clingy around me just because I was way better than his real son. Heechul was the one that had a previous marriage before he got together with dad and Leo was his devil child that gave him a headache twenty-four-seven. I wouldn’t blame him. Leo was a hell of a troublemaker since he was born, and after the divorce of our dads, he completely vanished. He was much more different from me. I knew he had a special ability but he never used it around us because he simply didn’t want to. And we hadn’t heard from him in a long while and it’s been a long time since I even talked to him. We never got along but I still don’t understand why he was so cold to me all the time. It wasn’t that he said or did anything to me but we always got off on the wrong foot. He wouldn’t speak to me whenever I tried to spark up a conversation. Both of our dads were always trying to make us get along, but Heechul always blamed his real son and protected me while Han Geng protected and shielded Leo. I was the younger one; so clearly, with his mother instincts Heechul would protect me most even as I was growing up until now.

I sighed and swung my feet as I looked blankly at the ground, thinking of any possible way that I could get back into the academy without both of my dads finding out. My cheeks puffed in thought as I looked around, trying to find any answer lying around the room somewhere. Behind me stood my desk and one of my cousin’s necklaces that Heechul had given me before she was planning to give it to me for my eighth birthday. I tilted my head and made a grab for it across my bed, staring down at the letters that spelled my name and I smiled. She was someone that protected me all the time too, and she would always tell me to be spontaneous and do the impossible because I had the power to. She taught me how not to be afraid and how to protect myself, despite not knowing how to use those techniques when it came to Leo. Overall, she was a great cousin and I still didn’t seem to understand just why he suddenly disappeared from my life.

Sighing, I stood up and placed the necklace on the desk as gently as I could. I placed my hands on the glass window, yearning to be outside but it was no use. My parents had nailed the window shut once they found out I could easily escape. In the distance was the garden, flowers wilting and withering as winter crept up around the corner, and the maze was still intact, looking green yet dark and shadowy even though it was morning. The trees in the distance were mostly dead and creepy looking and there seemed to be something in the distance that interested me. I squinted my eyes to give it a closer look, but it resembled a bluish orb. The orb far away from me seemed to be blinking, as if it was staring back at me but I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head. It was coming closer until it stopped by the closest tree near the maze. Something about it made me want to go outside and check it out but my father would never let me after knowing I’d want to go back to the academy. Sitting on a chair by the desk, I continued staring at it, and gradually, it came a teeny bit closer, as if asking me to do the same. I sighed but there was nothing I could do to do as I wanted.

I kept staring at it until my eye practically stung from keeping them trained on one thing and one thing only. At least I knew it was for real. The orb was very real and I had seen it before, which is why I wasn’t entirely surprised, but it only appeared in my dreams. Even though the thing was so far from me, I could feel a sort of energy that almost seemed familiar. I couldn’t place my finger on the feeling, neither could I describe it but it was…as if you were being stared at. I got more frustrated knowing that it couldn’t get closer because the maze worked as a barrier. I didn’t know why it was placed there or who or what exactly it wanted to keep away, but this must be it. I figured what the hell.

The next ten seconds for me were a blur.

All I remember was me ripping the window apart with the chair I was sitting on and then suddenly, I was climbing down the wide expanse of the vines that were practically glued to the wall. I heard the alarm go off so I kept a quick pace until I reached the grass and rolled my way towards a bush. I heard my father’s footsteps coming up the stairs so I made a run for it, running towards the wide maze in front of me.

‘’Moonkyu!’’ I heard him yell and I looked up at my window, seeing him there with a concerned yet angry look in his face. It hurt to betray him but I was doing this for me and my friends’ good and apparently, that orb thing was, too. I ignored him and hid behind the massive walls of the maze and crawled my way inside, seeing the orb blink rapidly in the distance. It was going  to be a challenge to get to the end but the orb surprised me as it moved to the left, and I followed its every move, going left, right, left, right, left, straight and then right again until I saw it become closer. My dad was almost sobbing behind me, and I could hear how faint the cries of my name sounded. He must be really upset. I knew how bad he wanted me here to keep me out of trouble but I couldn’t let any more of my friends get hurt, so I had to do this. I sighed at the thought and looked down, staring at the ground as I crawled my way deeper inside the maze. Once I looked up again, the orb was gone and my eyes widened as I reached the end of the maze, looking deeply into the forest in front of me. I gulped, seeing how dark it was. I stood up and looked behind me to see that my dad was gone from my window. Relieved, I started to move inside the forest, looking at the trees around me.

Suddenly, a hiss. I gasped and jolted at the noise, looking around to see the source of the loud hissing. I looked everywhere around me but there was nothing that could’ve made that sound. As I started to calm down, panting, I felt what seemed to be a massive weight on my shoulder, and nervously, I turned my head to see what it was and I immediately started yelling before the snake that was on my shoulder covered my mouth with its scales. I was still screaming, but the grip around my neck wasn’t too hard so I calmed down a little and tried to regain my breathing. Shutting my eyes, I whimpered as the snake’s tongue tickled my cheek and let out a hiss. Next thing I knew, it was sliding down the length of my body and onto the floor. I opened my eyes and when I looked next to me, the snake was gone but before me stood a man in all black clothes. I blinked for a while and backed away a bit, not really scared, but overwhelmed and curious as to whom he was.

‘’Hello,’’ he said and I jolted.

‘’U-Um, hi,’’ I said, but it was more like a question than a statement.

‘’You don’t remember me?’’ I furrowed my brows and looked at him up and down, giving him a small shake of the head. He sighed and palmed his forehead. Come to think of it, he did look familiar, his gestures and his face did, but because of his paleness and the use of heavy eyeliner on his eyes, he was pretty blurred out to me, ‘’I’m Leo, your brother.’’ And then he spoke and my jaw immediately dropped. I blinked a couple of times and shook my head.

‘’No, no, no, there’s no way. My brother left, you can’t possibly be him! You turned from a poisonous snake to a human, how can I begin to trust your word?’’ I scoffed. If he thought this was a joke, it’s not even funny.

‘’Because I’ve been watching over you, Moonkyu.’’

‘’No, no, no, don’t even try to convince me you li- what?’’ I looked at him and came a bit closer.

‘’Like a bird. Literally. Ever since I left, I’ve been in the trees of the academy and here and wherever you go to avoid you harm.’’

‘’And why would you do that? How even?’’

‘’I’m a shape-shifter. I can turn into anything and anyone. But I have a life goal, Moonkyu. Every single Alpha does. My life goal was to protect you. I never hated you, I never hated any of our parents, but I was so quiet and reserved because I knew that if I so much as opened my mouth, all hell would break lose. I’m supposed to be your guardian, Moonkyu, so if you please listen to me, that would—‘’

‘’Enough! You’re not my guardian, Suzy was! All you ever were was a brother who didn’t even give me a chance to warm up to you because I know you know I’m adopted, and so what? You were never there for me, Leo.’’

‘’I am now. I realized and accepted what my goal was, Moonkyu and I’m sorry. Right now, I dragged you over here so I could bring you back to the Academy to save your friends.’’ I sighed and looked at him.

‘’You were the orb?’’ I blinked.

‘’Yes, I was, I couldn’t just stand there and hope you recognize me,’’ he shrugged as I puffed my cheeks, deciding to ignore that.

‘’Why are you protecting them now? Weren’t you protecting me? I’m sure that if dad finds out, he’ll never let me back in there, you know how he is.’’ I rolled my eyes.

‘’Because I know you care about them. I don’t want you to lose anyone else that’s important to you, and I came here to help you. Isn’t that enough for you to believe that my intentions are good?’’ He looked at me almost pleadingly and I dropped my head in defeat.

‘’Fine, where do we go?’’ I shrugged and he looked at me, his lips giving a slight smile before he ruffled my hair.

‘’I’ll see you there in a couple of days, kid.’’ He smirked before leaving me there, mouth completely agape as he bolted and disappeared before my eyes. I chuckled and sighed deeply, starting to walk deeper into the forest to try to find my way back into civilization. The walk itself to the train station would take me about two days, but I don’t know what I’ll do when I reach China, I left my key and I couldn’t possibly sneak my way back inside the house. I puffed my cheeks in thought and sighed, letting my hand be buried inside my pocket before feeling something cold and metallic. Fishing it out, I smiled widely, seeing it was a key to the door leading to the academy. It must’ve been Leo. I smiled to myself and continued walking; knowing Leo was right above me as my pace kept increasing. He would hopefully lead me well on this journey back to Bùréndào.


A/N:

Okay, this isn't the longest chapter but it was a bonus, since we haven't had many interactions with Moonkyu so far. 

I'm already almost done with the next, so pleace anticipate it yeah?~^^ 

Leo will play a big role on the next chapter, which will be a long chapter too~ :D lots of action~^^

hehe, I'll try my best to update really soon okay?~^u^

 

Anyways, tell me what you think and maybe upvote and subscribe if you like it~ :DD

~Bianca

(ps.that dork is your Leo, he's from Vixx c: )