Promises Are Meant to Be Broken(1-2)

Before The Eclipse(HIATUS)

 

Nobody’s POV(Legendary Dorm)

 

The boys were soaked in sweat after they had finished their 3 hour training. Kris said that it was never enough and that they had to train well, or else they’d just fail. Luhan on the other hand was busy chugging on some water after taking a cold shower, it was now Chen’s turn to do the same. The boys each took turns on showering, unless one of them was either disobedient or he broke the rules, he’d have to go last. Luckily for Luhan, he was good today and Kris didn’t feel like fighting, plus it was night and he was tired. There had been too much on his head all day. Ever since he met those new guys, something in the pit of his stomach told him, or, well, messaged him that things wouldn’t turn out so great in the future and since everything he thinks about is the Olympics, of course he worried. The Legendary 6 have won the Olympics 2 years in a row, to a normal person, that’s enough, but not to Kris, he was a competitive guy and whatever he wanted, he had to have and he’d eventually bring his boys down with him to get it if it was needed. Luhan worried him the most for now. One day into these new guys being here and he’d already ‘made friends’ with one of them. It didn’t surprise him, Luhan was a boy who was full of surprises but not now, he knew that whenever Kris pissed him off, he would do something against it, and since he wasn’t in the mood to fight with his colleague, he’d let him off the hook this one time when normally, he would’ve gone last in the shower tonight.

Meanwhile, XiuMin and Lay were playing video games and reading old magazines of what looked to be like..the old 1500 year old newspaper from the Academy. What? Lay liked antiques..the newspaper itself was from the 1980s, way long before he was born..so why the interest? Whatever. Tao was busy waiting for Chen while sitting on the floor, since he was so afraid of getting his bed all sweaty and disgusting if he sat on it while Kris just stared at Tao, who had his arms..with his ing elbows to the front. He swore, he’d never seen a creature so flexible and he’d also sworn that whenever Tao did this super crazy run and spin on the air with his legs up or whatever and he would end in the splits, he could feel that in between his legs. Ouch. He shivered at the thought and looked away before he got any painful reminders.

‘’Chen, hurry the up!’’ Lay exclaimed from the sofa while still reading his paper. ‘’There’s a line!’’

‘’Well, sorry for moisturizing well! I wouldn’t want any zits after this ing exercise, oh no no no no no!’’ He yelled back from the bathroom as Lay huffed and rolled his eyes.

‘’Whatever, I’m going to the washrooms in the locker rooms near the pool area downstairs, who wants to come with?’’ No one spoke, so Luhan just raised his hand as Lay stood up and beckoned him with his head to follow. He took a bar of soap, shampoo, a towel and his clothes with him while Luhan trailed behind. They exited the room and peeped cautiously down the hall. It was really dark out today..however, they weren’t scared..Luhan just grabbed onto Lay’s belt for dear life because he didn’t want to lose Lay. Right. Anyways, they began to walk through the really narrow and dark halls of the academy and remembered, ‘, I didn’t bring a flashlight’ But it was too late to turn back now, they’d already reached the stairs and Luhan almost fell over, pushing Lay with him but they maintained their balance well enough. Once they’d reach downstairs, they scanned the area for teachers. Luckily, everyone was at their dorms. Nobody was allowed this late at night because of safety reason but since Chen was taking so damn long and he was after Tao who was after Kris, he didn’t have any other choice right now and he wouldn’t be caught dead walking alone on these dark and cold halls. However, it surprised him that Luhan would come since he’d conveniently already taken a shower and he’s a little scared of the dark, plus the howling wolves that echoed through the forest and the occasional owl, were enough for him to his pants, so Lay wondered what was actually on his mind when he’d agree on this. There’s always a reason.

Once they reached the locker rooms for the swim team, Luhan opened the door with his many copy-keys that the teacher gave him and tried not to make a sound when closing it back. He switched the lights on and sighed in relief, letting go of Lay’s belt.

‘’Okay, we’re safe now’’ He said.

‘’Good, I’m going to go take a shower, you wait here and stand on guard’’ He pointed to the front of the door of the locker room and Luhan nodded, turning his back to the door but leaving it open nonetheless. He wanted to talk to him for a minute or two.

‘’Hey, Yixing’’ He began.

‘’What?’’ The sound of the water running reached Luhan’s ear and it was beginning to get hard to actually maintain a conversation in these circumstances.

‘’Can I talk to you?’’ Lay was one of Luhan’s best friend, whom he told everything to and Lay gladly listened and opened up to him as well when he needed to get something out.

‘’Sure, what’s up?’’ He knew there was a reason, there was always a reason to when Luhan randomly started speaking to Lay.

‘’Uhh..remember when I had that half an hour break today?’’

‘’Yeah?’’

‘’Well, something happened during that break..’’ The water shut off and a groan was heard.

‘’Oh, God, Luhan, did you get detention again? I swear Kris will—‘’

‘’No, no, it’s not that’’ He scratched the back of his head awkwardly. Lay turned the water back on and applied some shampoo on his palms, running it through his scalp.

‘’Then what?’’

‘’Remember those new students?’’

‘’Yeaaah..’’

‘’Well, I met one of them..’’ There goes the water again.

‘’You’re crazy you know that? Kris’ll kill you’’

‘’I..I already talked to him about it..he told me not to run off from practice to meet him again..’’ He fiddled around with his fingers until he heard the water turn back on.

‘’Good..’’ He sighed ‘’So what happened? Who is he?’’

‘’His name is Sehun’’ He said ‘’His power is wind and he’s the youngest of them all..their leader snapped at me when I managed to bring him to their dorm when he got lost on the way, that’s the reason why I got home a bit later than usual’’

‘’What did their leader do?’’

‘’Nothing much..just a few questions and an overprotective nature..he’s the youngest, of course so..’’ He trailed off, pursing his lips.

After awhile, silence.

‘’Are you going to talk to him again?’’

‘’To Sehun?’’

‘’Yeah’’

‘’That’s why I’m telling you this, so you could help me make up my mind.’’ He sighed and he heard the water shut off one last time before Yixing came out with drenched hair and a new shirt and pajama pants on..they were unicorns. ‘’Should I keep seeing him or do you think it’s a bad idea?’’

‘’I don’t know, what’s he like?’’

‘’He’s shy..and nice and he tends to space out  a lot’’ Luhan let out an unexpected giggle when he said this, surprising Lay a bit. ‘’He makes me laugh’’ He sighed.

‘’You can..you can keep talking to him but don’t get too attached, at one point, you guys will have to stop talking because of training season’’ He warned as Luhan nodded.

‘’Oh, I know..I just wanted to get to know him and maybe show him around more. I took him to the Library and he really liked it there’’ He smiled as Lay took the towel and dried his hair, laughing at Luhan for a brief second. ‘’What?’’ He questioned Lay’s sudden little smirk and annoying little laugh.

‘’Nothing’’

‘’Aiya! Tell me!’’ He hit the other with the bottle of shampoo as Lay laughed and smacked his with the towel, making Luhan gasp and push him playfully, so he almost fell in the pool

‘’Hey! See what you almost did?’’ They laughed at this for awhile until they managed to close the locker rooms’ door. While walking towards their dorm room, Luhan heard those noises again and immediately flung himself at Lay, who just cursed at his sudden weight but made no effort to shoo him.

‘’Aiish, XiaoLu, I swear, you are not 22 years old’’ He mumbled as he rolled his eyes. When they got to their dorm, they noticed everybody all nice and clean, sitting around the TV watching some movie and Luhan conveniently wanted to join.

‘’Watcha watchin’?’’

‘’Mystery of the Swamp Lake..’’ Tao answered quickly after, sort of, tensed up.

‘’What’s that?’’ Luhan asked innocently.

‘’Scary movie, want to watch?’’ Xiumin offered him some popcorn and a seat next to him but Luhan gasped.

‘’Aiya!’’ He placed his hand on his chest dramatically. ‘’You know, we aren’t supposed to watch this, we have class tomorrow! Especially you, ZiTao, you know you’re afraid of those!’’

‘’Aiish, shut up!’’ He pouted. You know, it was surprising to Luhan that the guy they all found intimidating and scary and weird and who looks like he’d be into murder and gore and death, actually hated those and would actually start crying to himself at night without anyone knowing..but someone must’ve forgotten that Luhan practices telepathy and Tao’s thoughts are pretty damn loud not to ignore.


"Fine, but when you see a scary part, don't come crying to me" He rolled his eyes and sighed, leaving the room, losing interest in the gory movie. He opened the door to the room that he shared with Yixing and threw himself in his bed, suddenly tired. 

"Tired so soon, hmm?" Lay asked while reading yet another piece. 

"I'm exhausted" He muffled while his face was stuck to the pillow. 

"I know, I know..it's best if we go to sleep now" 

"What about the others?"

"Wu Fan is asleep already and, Tch, the others, if they're late, I tried to warn them and so did you" He chuckled and yawned, putting his book down and laying down on the bed. 

"True.." Luhan said "Well, goodnight" He switched positions so his back was facing Lay's. 

"Night" He said before they both settled asleep. 

Next day

As Suho and Kyungsoo looked around to find their first class, Sehun and Kai were already entering their first class, Biology, by Mr. Xiao. Chanyeol and Baekhyun had their first class too, and it was Sciences&Nature by Mrs. Liao, which Chanyeol found boring at first but Baekhyun said otherwise. Meanwhile in Sehun and Kai's first class, they settled next to each other and waited for the teacher to arrive. 

"Hey, man.." Kai whispered. 

"Yeah?"

"Look" He slightly pointed to the side as Sehun followed the direction it lead to. Next to their seats were Kris and Lay and Sehun went wide eyed. 

"Holy "

"I know!" Kai silently exclaimed as Sehun took another glance at the two, and realized that Lay had already been looking back, which made him turn his head fast and right after, the teacher stepped in. 

"Good morning, class" He said. 

"Good morning, Mr. Xiao" They followed. The teacher took a good look at the students in the background, which were Kai and Sehun and furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You two" He pointed and the other students looked back at them. "Who are you?"
 

‘’U--Uh..I'm Kim JongIn" He stood up and bowed as Sehun followed. 

"I'm Oh Sehun" He bowed as well as the teacher beckoned for them to sit. They followed orders.  

"Anyways, let's get on..by the way, welcome to Búrendaó" He bowed and said in brief Korean. Not to good but enough for them to understand. Throughout the class, they couldn't understand because it was all Chinese and only understood.. 1/3 of the entire lesson, which wasn't a lot. When class ended, they stood up and started to walk out but a hand tugged at Sehun's bag, making him gasp when he saw it was Kris followed by Lay. 

"You're Sehun?" He asked. 

"Y--Yes.." Sehun answered nervously. 

"So you're the guy Luhan has been talking to, no?" Kris raised an eyebrow. 

"U--Uh..it was only once.." He scratched the back of his head. 

"Yeah, and it'll only be once, so don't you worry about Sehun going back to him anymore" Kai barged in, tugging at Sehun's bag for them to leave. 

"That wouldn't be necessary, after all, I noticed your expressions during the class, you might need some help" They both, including Lay, raised an eyebrow and eyed him suspiciously at this. "What? It's the least I can do for yesterday, I apologize for the way I came out, it wasn't--"

"Luhan already apologized on your behalf, but thanks" Sehun kept his eyebrow raised. Something of this little conversation wasn't all that good.  Lay opened his mouth as if to speak but closed it right away when Kris cut him off. 

"Oh, good then, anyways, I'll be seeing you guys around, and give your leader my own personal regards" He bowed and exited the room, Lay trailing behind and looking at them weirdly as they disappeared from view. Yeah, something was definitely weird here. 

"What the was that, Sehun?" Kai asked after a long silence, the bell ringing afterwards and his hands in his pocket. 

"I have no idea, now walk, we're gonna be late" Kai groaned and began moving with Sehun pushing him to go faster. 

"What class is next?" Kai asked. 

"History, I believe, I remembered that Chanyeol had this class, too but unfortunately, you don't, so bye!" He pushed Kai forward, ditching him and running towards his classroom, leaving Kai confused and stuck in the middle of the halls, groaning in annoyance. 

Sehun's POV. 

I did not know what the whole deal with Kris was about. Did Luhan tell him? I bet he did.., now something isn't right here, could this be part of like.. A plan? A plan to like..end us all?! No, they wouldn't be serious..plus, we did nothing to them..and Luhan was nice, right? Yeah, I had nothing to worry about. , where the am I? I looked around, trying to find the damn classroom but I saw nothing, the only thing I saw was a couple of rooms, one of which had a sound of an explosion, must  be that fire class Chanyeol wanted to take badly. Speaking of which..where was that fuzzy haired bastard? He couldn't have possibly made it faster to the class than I--

"Sehun-ah!" I spoke too soon. 

"Chanyeol-hyung! Did you--"

"Yeah, I found the class, it's over here!" He pointed towards a room. I spoke too soon again. I rolled my eyes and followed him marching towards the classroom and entered, facing a bunch of students who were now looking at me while Chanyeol waved from his seat, pointing the seat next to his. I sighed and sat next to him and luckily, the teacher hadn't arrived. I looked around and saw nobody in particular whom I recognized..just this dude who had round cheeks and was obviously a Korean in hiding who was now staring at me. I shrugged off that uncomfortable feeling and looked away, noticing the teacher had already come inside and started teaching in Chinese again. Luckily, the class was about the Korean war so I understood..nearly half of the class. At least. Chanyeol on the other hand was busy drooling in boredom while reluctantly staring at the whiteboard up front. This was going to be a long class, I predicted. Plus, I'm kinda tired. 

It was now Gym and me and Chanyeol said our goodbyes, because he had to meet Baekhyun in his favorite class, as I walked over to the locker rooms to change into my gym clothes. Once I was there and I had opened my new locker to pull out the clothes, I couldn't help but notice that the outfit was kind of..revealing. A rather, tight white tank top, may I say, with the school's logo on the chest area and some knee-length red shorts. I shook my head in disbelief as I started stripping to put the clothes on. Luckily, it was just my size so there wasn't any problem, just the tight tank was, actually, really tight and that the shorts were a bit baggy and they could reveal my thighs when I sat down, but it was still managing to be..comfortable. I shrugged and walked out of the room, stepping into a big basketball court with bleachers. A few students were jogging and bouncing through obstacles while others were sitting and looking. I sighed and looked around to see if I could find the teachers, because, apparently, there were two..and they were twins. No sign of them though, just a couple of guys who were yelling and blowing a whistle, probably pretending to be the teachers.

‘’Mr. Wang, I have no time for your steady walking, pick the pace up!’’ He blew the whistle in front of the poor boy’s face who just nodded in response. Man, what was wrong with one of them? I rolled my eyes and went over to the blonde who had the loud whistle and looked like he knew what he was doing, and tapped his shoulder. He stopped his whistle-blowing and turned his head to look at me.

‘’Excuse me, when are the teachers coming?’’ I asked. One of the two started laughing loudly, slapping his thighs while the other just looked at me confusedly, coming to a realization and he slapped my back and started laughing as I coughed and tried to gain some air back into my lungs, since the blonde knocked it out of me.

‘’Boy, we are the teachers!’’ The brunette spoke, coming back from his previous laughing state. I just stood there, head tilted to the side, not really sure of what to say. The boy looked 15, yet he could muster up the courage to tell his hyung that he was the teacher when I was clearly, not in the mood to joke.

‘’What?’’ I asked in disbelief.

‘’Don’t believe us?’’ The blonde spoke up as I parted my lips to speak but just when I was going to, he spoke again. ‘’I’m JB and he’s JR, we really are your gym teachers’’

‘’Umm…how can I be so sure about that?’’

‘’Well, for one thing, our power is time control, and we’re actually 35 years old’’ The other spoke up, seriousness lacing in his tone. I stood dumbstruck at this, my eyes suddenly staying on the boys’ face, just to see any sign of wrinkles or something that could lead me to believe that they were actually the age they claimed to be.

‘’Despite our real age, we still act like the teenagers we now look like, so don’t be surprised now, young man’’ He waved his finger in my face and retreated them. ‘’By the way, close that mouth if you don’t want flies creeping up in there’’ He turned his attention away from me and now I actually came to notice that my mouth really was hung low in disbelief. Wow, just wow.

‘’Listen kid, I don’t have time for your nonsense, so go and run a mile or 2 and come back when you feel like it okay?’’ The brunette of the two pushed my back, encouraging me to walk and I unknowingly started walking when I remembered something.

‘’Wait, you don’t know my name yet’’ Names these day were being just so difficult.

‘’Uhh, sure, what’s your name?’’

‘’I’m Oh Sehun, I’m new here’’ I bowed 90 degrees.

‘’I noticed’’ He said while lighting a smoke with a lighter and putting it in his mouth to take a drag. For a minute there, I forgot that he was actually 35 and that could do nothing wrong to his health..right? ‘’You must be part of that crew over there’’ He pointed towards the bleachers and I reluctantly followed the direction to see Kyungsoo, JongIn and Suho waving back to me. I waved them off slowly while going back to the teacher’s face.

‘’Yeah, sure, go over there and say a couple of things but come back right after, ‘kay, bud?’’ He patted my back harshly again, making me gasp for air but I nodded quickly and jogged towards the bleachers, sprinting through the stairs and reaching their seats.

‘’We’ve been staring at you for ages’’ JongIn spoke up.

‘’Yeah, surprised, huh?’’ Suho chuckled at my still dumbstruck expression as I nodded.

‘’How is that—‘’

‘’Time reversing, since you probably already knew that their power is—‘’

‘’Time control, I know, I know.’’ I trailed off ‘’Just, wow, that’s pretty clever’’

‘’I know, but they’re loud as , man’’ Jongin rolled his eyes.

‘’And strong..’’ I rubbed my back and leant back, only to make it produce a ‘crack’ sound as I winced at the sudden piercing feeling.

‘’Ouch!’’ Jongin laughed as I slapped the back of his head, making him wince as well. ‘’Hey!’’  I raised a brow and laughed, watching as Kyungsoo and Suho tried to keep in their laughs and giggles as Kai just noticed and slapped the back of their heads.

‘’Yah!’’ Kyungsoo rubbed the sore area in his nape as Suho groaned and just stayed quiet, now knowing not to ever laugh at a pain stricken Jongin.

‘’Anywaaay, did you guys run that mile?’’ I continued after that long silence, besides that sound of Kai making smoochy-sounds-and-faces at Kyungsoo while he tried to push him away, which was somehow..weird.

‘’Yeah, we all ran our belonging laps, so go and run yours before he blows that—‘’ A whistle was heard as I groaned ‘’..whistle’’ He finished with a laugh. I rolled my eyes and stepped down the bleachers and saw the blonde, or, JB, give me a look before I answered.

‘’I’m going, I’m going’’ He smiled as I walked, or, hunched, all the way to the track before he patted my back, nicely at least, and said:

‘’You’re a good kid, Oh Sehun, I like your perseverance’’ He winked before he led  me to the track, where I began to run  after the whistle came.

First, I jogged, slowly that is, but I still jogged. Then, I looked to my side, where some other bleachers stood and noticed a familiar figure looking at me, and started sprinting. I was beginning to tire but that didn’t stop me, I just ran a bit faster while looking the behind me to see that Luhan had changed his gaze from his book to me and I smirked in response, gaining the attention I was craving for some reason. I shifted my eyes back to the track and then to the sky. It was sunny out, not to mention hot. My shirt was starting to dampen and it was getting hard to run with my eyes squinting all of the time because of the sun in my eyes but I kept running. I could see the turning point come closer and I ran a bit faster so I could get there sooner than later. The sun’s rays, however, were catching up to me and getting to me more and more and I felt like I was burning up right now because the sweat in my body could practically fill up a tub, but other than that, I didn’t stop. I looked backwards and noticed Luhan was still looking, only this time, he stood up and looked at me from the distance while he covered and shaded his face with his book, walking a few centimeters closer to the stairs near the bleachers. I turned my face back and tilted my head back as I panted for air. I think I was way past the turning point and I have no idea why, but I just kept ing running! My legs wouldn’t give out so I just slowed down and waited..waited for that crucial moment where I couldn’t contain my feelings and just crouched down, only to be greeted by my head in the ground and the sun in my eyes. I began to close my eyes but before I did so, in the distance, an echo could be heard, a voice, chanting my name.

‘’Sehun-ah! Sehun-ah!’’ I smiled weakly when I found out who the owner of that voice was, and shut my eyes before the image of him stuck on the back of my lids. Luhan..

 

‘’Sehun-ah, Sehun-ah!’’ This time, it was someone else calling my name, and I felt dizzy when I opened my eyes, only to be greeted by a white ceiling.  ‘’Oh, thank God you’ve woken!’’ It was Suho.

‘’H—Huh..’’ Was all I managed to say..after all, I didn’t know what the I was doing here in the first place and not on the track field..how long has it been, five minutes?

‘’You’ve been here, in the nurses’ office, for 3 hours, Sehun-ah, we’ve been worried sick!’’ He informed as I couldn’t believe classes had gone along without me. , what a great  way to let them know I don’t exist.

‘’Wha..who..I—‘’

‘’Luhan informed the teacher of your accident, you’re okay now, you just hit your head and had a hot flash in the middle of your lap’’ Oh, so that was why my head was making not-so-good thumps in the back. I couldn’t help but smile a bit at the mention of Luhan’s name, I couldn’t believe he was as nice as—

‘’Sehun, you’re awake now’’ I heard a light chuckle coming from the back of the room, and it was no other than him. Luhan.

‘’Mmm..’’ I threw my head back, unable to make any facial expressions or moves because I was so tired and I really didn’t want to.

‘’Sehun-ah, you should..thank him for helping you’’ Suho said while removing some of my sweaty bangs off my face. ‘’The nurse said that if he hadn’t and you were there for a good half an hour, you would’ve gotten really sick’’  I smiled at this and had the nerve as to sit up a bit and look at him, his golden locks covering one of his eyes as he brushed them away with a finger, his cheeks naturally pink.

‘’Thank you, Luhan-hyung..’’ I whispered while playing with my thumbs. He chuckled quietly and bowed.

‘’You’re welcome’’ He said before Suho took the liberty of warning him of how he could be late for class as Luhan agreed and left. The nurse came by a few minutes later and told me to take some pain killers for the headache and drink a couple of water for today and also, stay away from brightness, because it could make my head feel bad again. That meant staying away from the fire today. Oh, right..the bonfire was today and I had completely forgotten.

‘’Suho-hyung’’

‘’Yes, Sehunnie?’’ He answered while sitting next to me in the gurney.

‘’Will we be able to go to the bonfire today?’’ I put on my extra huge puppy eyes and added on that pretty little pout I had picked up in about, Kindergarten that still worked like a charm..and killed Suho every time. I predict a really cute, fluffy and adorable death right now.

‘’Aiiish~, Sehunnie!’’ He smacked my arm playfully as I laughed.

‘’Pleaseee~?’’ I inched my face closer to his and bored my eyes straight to his, making him flinch and groan in failure.

‘’Agh, fine, but stay—‘’

‘’Away from the fire, okay, okay so will we go, will we will we?’’ I asked happily while adding the occasional ‘bbuing bbuing’ if he didn’t buy it or thought about it well.

‘’Aghh..fine, yes, yes’’ I happily hugged him and he pulled away, warning me of this and that and whatnot.

 

Back at the dorm, Chanyeol was the first to run and hug me, obvious to my absence and I felt trapped in his arms as he wailed and went on and on about how much he worried while Baekhyun soothed him by his back. I pulled away from the hug and told them all to get dressed because in a few hours, we’d be going to the bonfire and they all cheered and ran into their rooms, changing quickly.  Once they were all dressed, they patiently waited for me to take the pills and changed into something comfortable that I liked, a white v-neck and a pair of skinnies, not too overdone but not too thrown on either, it was just fine, considering we’d all be sitting in logs with a group of 20 people per fire, so it was all good. We’d left the dorm room and Suho, conveniently knew the way to the center of campus, where it all stood. Chanyeol jumped up and down excitedly as he saw the fire crackling from afar and Baekhyun had to pull at the hem of his t-shirt just to keep him from running and touching it and probably setting everything on fire. Jongin was busy flirting it up with Kyungsoo, who looked dead annoyed and Jongin, obviously loved his pissed off expression and just kept going, because the two have a weird relationship..

‘’Okay, where are we gonna sit?’’ Suho placed his hands on his hips and sighed, looking at the many people in the center of campus, a neat fire in every direction while groups of 20 rounded it nicely. I couldn’t find Luhan or the Legendary either, though, so it was hard to find ourselves a seat, since Luhan promised he’d sit close to translate ancient stories or whatnot. ‘’Sehun, any idea?’’

‘’Not really..’’ I my arm shyly. ‘’Let’s just sit..there’’ I pointed at a group of at least 5 guys and the others shrugged, following my direction. Then, Kai suddenly let go of Kyungsoo’s arm and ran behind a student who didn’t know what was coming.

‘’BOO!’’ The boy let out a high-pitched yelp as Kai rolled on the floor and went back up to see his victim eye to eye. ‘’Hahaha, hi’’ He waved in his face as the boy tried to compose himself after the scare of his life, apparently. Kai beckoned us to come over and we did, the boy’s eyes on Kyungsoo’s and staying there before he looked away.

‘’Guys, this is Moonkyu’’ He introduced ‘’Moonkyu, this is Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Suho and you already know me and Kyungsoo’’ He patted the guys back, whose name was Moonkyu and sat next to them, Kyungsoo’s eyes still weirdly eyeing the obviously younger one whom Kai was talking to. We sat in the long log in a line and began introducing ourselves to the other students and after we’d done that, I was still looking around for that certain someone. I sighed when I saw no one and just kept looking forward, seeing as Chanyeol and Baekhyun were sitting in front of the fire, not really sweating or anything, since they were both used to it, but Baek secretly lowered its shine because it was affecting his eyes while Chanyeol put on his gloves and put his hands in the fire, not affecting him, and having a little ball of it, being tossed from one hand to another, his eyes twitching as he laughed in pure bliss. One of the reasons why I can’t understand his undying love for his power.

 

ChanYeol’s POV.

Ah, this was so fun! I liked it here and I really missed having fire this close to me again and it felt relieving, like the feeling you get when you can finally take off those skinny jeans after a long day and catch a long breath of air..or is that just me? Anyway, the night was brighter than before, and the moon was hidden by a couple of clouds, but the fire made the night brighter. I also couldn’t help but notice the way the lights danced on Baekhyun’s smooth skin. The fire crackling’s reflection on his cheek as he lowered the shine of the fireplace, and call me cheesy, but I’d never seen something so beautiful in my entire life. His pale skin was covered in the shadows of the night for a brief second as he turned his head to the side, exposing his neck and he sighed, hugging himself, probably from the cold temperature. In this moment, my powers were on so I couldn’t feel what he felt, but I was sure that the wind around us was kind of strong, I just don’t know why Oh ing Sehun wouldn’t bother on taking a look and using his powers as well to minimize the temperature. Oh, right, he was looking for that Luhan kid. I rolled my eyes and tapped his shoulder shyly, making him turn back and crinkle his nose cutely as I mouthed: ‘’Are you cold?’’ And he nodded a little, smiling as he his arms while continuing to hug himself. At that moment, I really wanted to hold him in my arms. Badly. The overwhelming thoughts of him being in a state that I couldn’t be in, hurt me. The fact that he was cold while I was perfectly fine, was just too much to bare for some reason and I just wanted to, I really ing wanted to hug him and hold him in my arms and cradle him to sleep..but I couldn’t. I couldn’t because Byun Baekhyun was going to make my heart burst out of my chest if I ever did that, the sudden confidence to go and sit him on my lap while wrapping my arms securely around him, gone. I sighed, continuing to play around with this stupid ball of fire I had. I suddenly lost all fun and the others started noticing as soon as I puffed my cheeks sadly, but since I was the Happy Virus everyone knew and loved, I brushed it off and smiled again. A fake, but sweet smile that even Baekhyun could believe. Not right now though, because fate had some other plans.

‘’Chanyeollie~~’’ He whispered into my ear, making me shiver.

‘’Y—Yes, Baekhyun-ah?’’ I whispered back as he leaned his head on my shoulder and moaned in sudden comfort. 

‘’Are you okay? You’re sort of..spaced out’’ He got closer to me, leaving no inches apart and he made his head comfortable again, for a second time as his hands went up to meet my thigh and now, I was probably red as a tomato..or worse. Times like these, I would hate..because Byun Baekhyun weakened me with just a simple ing touch, or a sound..or anything because Byun Baekhyun was ing touchy-touchy with me, which made everything much harder.

‘’I’m f—fine, Baekhyun-ah’’ I carefully, carefully, placed my chin on his head that was still on my shoulder.

‘’Hmm..Chanyeollie…’’ He moaned yet again, this time, snuggling up to me. I sighed again when I felt that all the pressure that was now on my head went all the way to my..crotchinal region, if that was actually a real word..Don’t blame me! An angel is making sinful sounds using my name right next to me! What can I do?!

 ‘’You’re so warm, Yeollie-ah..I hope you don’t mind me—‘’

‘’N—No, it’s fine, really’’ I felt him chuckle, the vibrations on my shoulder as he did so.

‘’Good..’’ He sighed before he snuggled his head onto my neck as I carelessly dropped my head into his. He also took the damn liberty to hold my hand, which was not helping me calm down from the blush on my cheeks. I sighed, wondering what I could do in time to stop being this obvious..

As time went on, I noticed that Baekhyun had caught a little snooze and I smiled when I realized that I had been the cause for this. I also smiled and sighed when I looked down to see that my tinge of red had disappeared and that I had gotten used to the feel of his smaller hands on mine. I still couldn’t stop smiling though. Who wouldn’t? Having THE Byun Baekhyun’s hands interlocked with yours would definitely make you think twice when you said that people couldn’t have softer hands. I chuckled quietly at this, running my thumb on his knuckles briefly and probably blushing more than I should and looked up, only to be greeted by JongIn who was now playing chubby bunny with the others, and winking at me, still pulling off that evil smirk. But I knew he knew what I felt for the slightly older male clinging to me like his life depended on it. It was funny, because the others sort of caught on and looked at me with those readable eyes that just said ‘CONFESS’ but nah..just not now, for now I’ll just stick to the clinginess of the baby koala on my arm and smell his pretty hair, remove the bangs from his face every now and then, so it wouldn’t brush against his cute little nose, because then he’ll sneeze in his sleep and wake up to look at me stare at him with these, I’m pretty sure, love-struck eyes.

The bag of marshmallows was being passed around by the other students and now it was my turn to grab the bag and take 4, 2 for me, and 2 for Baekhyun. I carefully stirred him and he let out a discomforted moan,a really cute and childish one that I couldn’t help but giggle at. I stirred him again and this time, he woke up with a groan and a cute rub of his eyes.

‘’Hmm?~’’ He looked at me with half lidded eyes, he was probably in a deep sleep.

‘’I got some marshmallows’’ I showed him the doughy, white cube and he immediately smiled, since I knew he liked them so much. He grabbed the two and put them in his mouth, munching carefully so he wouldn’t choke. I did the same and smiled when I saw that his cheeks were full and he looked like a squirrel getting ready to hibernate. He swallowed safely and let out an unexpected burp, immediately covering his mouth as I laughed loudly and he turned beet red in embarrassment. The others began laughing as he then started hiccupping, and even the Chinese students were laughing. Baekhyun then pouted cutely and began to laugh, too, before hiccupping more. By this time, I was probably purple and out of breath because I was now literally, rolling like a buffalo on the floor laughing my off while Baekhyun was busy getting me to stop laughing so I would actually breathe. Once I stopped, I wiped the tears off my face and chuckled once more before I saw Sehun step up and leave.

 

LuHan’s POV.

I came later than expected to the Bonfire, Kris was taking so long moisturizing his face, a secret only I know because he wouldn’t dare admit it..but hmm..why was his face always so shiny and soft-looking? Anyway, that’s not the deal right now..the deal was that me and the others were so ing close to each other and there was hardly any room to breathe, therefore, I couldn’t be 3 feet radius away from them, meaning, I can’t wander off on my own to find Sehun. But, well, if I just left and Wu Fan asked where I was going, I would tell the truth, because, well, this isn’t practice and I’m basically allowed..but I don’t know if he’s allowed though, which leveled my possibility of talking to him up to a 50/50 chance. So, basically... I sighed at the thought because I promised I’d translate some stories that the senior students would tell but, by the looks of it, I’d have to break that promise, since I couldn’t see a single strand of his hair. I looked around everywhere, and yet, nothing. All I managed to see were a few kids assembled around a fireplace, and other kids..and another kids…and in those few groups, I saw no one with his face.

‘’Guys, this way’’ Kris said, pointing to a few empty logs. I don’t know why though, since we would all still follow him, considering we look like a herd right now. I sighed and sat next to Lay when we got there, and he somehow noticed my weird expression and decided to question me about it.

‘’Hey, you cool?’’

‘’Yeah, I’m just—‘’

‘’Looking for someone?’’ He finished while raising a brow and smirking. I went wide eyed as he kept boring his eyes deep at mine in realization of who I was actually looking for. I blushed a deep shade of red and pushed him.

‘’Hey, it’s not what it seems like!’’ I defended while covering my face. ‘’I—It’s just a..a hyung-dongsaeng relationship we got going on!’’ I fought back quietly so the others wouldn’t notice.

‘’So, you actually have a relationship with the guy now, hmm?’’ He raised his brow higher as I stood dumbstruck, my jaw dropped.

‘’N—NO!’’ I stood up and the others around me watched. ‘’I..I…I’m going for a walk’’ I dug my hands in my pockets and began walking without any other word. I didn’t know where I was going, I just knew that I was going somewhere..dark. I looked back and noticed that it was a little to late to turn back now so I just shrugged and walked, feeling a long breeze of air hit me suddenly as I shivered. The only warmth I had right now were my cheeks..which were still a bit flushed. I coughed but kept walking, and now the only light that shone was the one up in the sky..the moon, by the way. I sighed and another cold blast of air hit me and now, my teeth were chattering. God, these days were just so cold, and I haven’t even checked the weather reports for tomorrow, so I can actually take a jacket with me. Figures..anyway, it was so dark where I was, I couldn’t see two inches in front of my face except if I either, squint really hard, or if I want to look at something, get close to it and stare at it long enough before I can actually get the full image...if the, so called, ‘image’ doesn’t claw my face and eat it. Another wind hit me and this time, I nearly fell over a rock and some shrubs. , what the ? Suddenly, some leaves rustled, and it wasn’t my feet composing from the sudden trip.

‘’W—Who’s there?’’ More leaves moving. I panicked and picked up a branch with my mind, since I could feel it somewhere in the ground below me. I made an effort to throw it towards the direction the sounds came from, but the branch never hit the ground. I was beginning to get scared, so I walked backwards, until I fell on my . I gasped when I heard the sound coming towards me again. , , . ‘’Who’s there?!’’ I asked louder, panic hinting in my voice. Then, another blast of air hit my face. I stood up and picked up a boulder, suddenly feeling confident as to fighting in the middle of who knows where.

‘’I have a boulder! I’m not afraid to throw it!’’ I threatened but the sound picked up. ‘’I mean it! Who the is there?!’’ I made another effort to throw yet another branch with my spare hand and a wince came out of it. That was my cue, so I positioned the rock towards the direction where that came from and my lips, ready to attack, when..

‘’It’s a fluffy little bunny, Lu!’’ A known voice came suddenly, laughing. I sighed in relief and put the rock down behind me.

‘’Goddamn it, you scared the out of me, Sehun!’’ He came forward and I pushed him as he kept laughing. ‘’It’s not funny! You could’ve died! I could’ve died!’’

‘’Sorry, Lu, I was just curious about how it would be like if I scared you’’ He placed a hand on my shoulder and I felt blood rush to my cheeks.

‘’W—Well, don’t do it again!’’ I pointed an accusing finger at him and I noticed he raised his  arms in defense.

‘’Fine, fine, I surrender, see?’’

‘’Hmmph’’ I crossed my arms and pouted, though he couldn’t notice since it was dark..though, I did hear him laugh.

‘’I’m sorry, please don’t be mad!’’ He walked over to me and literally, our faces were inches apart and I could see him pouting.

‘’I—I..’’

‘’Please?’’

‘’Aiish, fine, I’m not mad..just..respect your elders!’’ I pushed him playfully and started walking the direction I came from.

‘’Jeez, you sound like Suho’’ He made a ‘tch’ sound and I could feel him rolling his eyes at me.

‘’Ugh, what are you even doing here?’’

‘’I saw you and decided to follow you’’ He ran towards me and started walking when he saw he was next to me.

‘’Why?’’

‘’Because you promised we’d talk’’ He answered simply.

‘’Well, for that, we’d have to go back’’

‘’Then let’s go back’’

‘’I’m doing that..but there’s just one problem..’’

‘’What’s that?’’

‘’I don’t know where the we are!’’ I ruffled my hair in frustration as he chuckled. ‘’Don’t laugh!’’

‘’Ah, hyung, you’re certainly too clueless, come on, I’ll take you to the first fire I see’’ He started walking ahead of me as I huffed. We walked along the leafy ground and from time to time, I would take small glances at his back, considering we were closer and the light from the fire could be seen, and noticed that he was..tall. Like, slightly taller than me..and I felt small next to him, even though I was obviously older. Every time he stepped on a crunchy leaf though, I would gasp and he would chuckle, knowing that what he’d done scarred me for life, I blushed in embarrassment because of this. Then, when I heard noises, I would look around everywhere, since I was getting a bit paranoid and weirded out but I still wouldn’t make an effort to cling onto him, it would be weird...suddenly, a howl was heard and I noticed, I had spoken too soon. My arms were already hugging his left one, my forehead pressed against his shoulder and my eyes shut close, I felt the vibrations of his light chuckles but no making fun of, I could feel that he was scared too, but we had each other and nothing would happen to us because we were already close to the spots, right?

When we reached a circle with only 3 students, we sat in one of the logs and heard the crackling of the fire, soothing our senses and calming us down.

‘’Uh, hyung..’’ He looked down at me and I noticed that my arms were still locked with his left one and immediately let go and cleared my throat. I apologized and he chuckled again, paying attention to what our elders said.

‘’ ..And he suffered a painful death’’ One of the elders said. I took a look at Sehun, who was now not understanding a thing so I tapped his shoulder and he inched closer to my ear, where I whispered the translation from Chinese to Korean, well, the rest of the story as well. I knew this story all too well. It was taken in place in the early 1900s and it was about this senior who had to fight the love of his life, the boy couldn’t cope with the idea, but the other convinced him, thus, they had to go through with this. The boys fought anyways, but the boy who was first opposed to the idea, gave himself up, meaning, he let the other win by default, and in return, he died because the elders had found out and they killed him, thus getting to the point, that he, indeed, suffered a painful death..because his lover wasn’t there. I heard Sehun gulp when he heard this. It was a real heart-wrenching story and they still say that the body of the senior is still lurking around the halls, looking for his long lost lover, which made him shiver visibly. I pulled away from him, which only made him inch closer, scared. I giggled because just a few minutes ago, I was the one clinging to him for dear life. Way to role-reverse there.

During the other stories, I translated, just like I had promised, and thank God, the stories weren’t as dark and angsty, which made Sehun feel more at ease. Though, Sehun did seem uneasy about something.

‘’Are you okay?’’ I whispered into his ears.

‘’Suho and Kai will kill me if they find out that I was here’’

‘’Why is that?’’

‘’Kai forbid me to see you today..’’

‘’Isn’t he like a year older than you?’’

‘’Yeah..but his punches really hurt’’ He rubbed his arm cutely.

‘’Then why are you even here, you can go if you want’’

‘’I don’t want to..’’ He whispered back and looked at me. I sighed and smiled, which made him smile ‘’I’ll just tell them I got lost’’ He said before smiling at me and turning rosy pink in a second.

‘’Don’t get in too much trouble okay?’’ I whispered back into his ears, making him suddenly gulp and sigh.

‘’I—I’ll try’’ He said quietly while looking at his fingers, face down and hair clouding over his face. I my lips and sighed, getting a bit anxious because of the way he was acting.

‘’Promise me’’ I whispered so dangerously low into his ear, and it wasn’t my intention, but his palms suddenly trembled and the arm I was holding was covered in goose bumps. He sighed and slowly went up to face me, his eyes staring at mine. I took a hold of his hand and repeated the last statement, making him shift his eyes to the side and making me bit my lips nervously. I don’t know the reason why, but I worried about him. The way his group members act towards him is so..overprotective and defensive and really stern whenever he did something wrong, and I don’t want me to be the reason why. I needed him to promise me that he’ll be careful not to lie to much, and ultimately, stop us from being friends or..something more in the future. The though ultimately made my heart speed up, but I yet have to hear his response, which wasn’t coming and I was beginning to get nervous. Why does he hesitate so much? Is it really this hard for him to keep a promise? Is he lying to me about something? So many questions clouding over my head..I can’t seem to pick the right one..something’s not right here and that’s all I knew right then and there..before he opened his mouth..

 


A/N:

I had to post this again because of the AFF problem :c I'm working on the 4th already and hopefully it'll be up soon^^

Subscribe maybe? :))

~Bianca.