Nameless Crush?

I fell for a jerk!

Bomi POV

     I decide to go take nap in the classroom instead of going back to the cafeteria. More sleep will definitely be better for my knee. I open the door and see Sungyeol sitting and writing out something. He looks up at me and smiles.

     “Oh, Sungyeol? Why are you in here?”

     He picks up the paper and waives it.

     “Doing planning for the Christmas Festival.”

     Sungyeol is the class president. I was nominated for class president too but strongly opposed to it. I may be smart but I act like an idiot. I’d rather enjoy the festivals than plan them.

     “Ahh, that .” I say and go to my seat. He laughs.

     “It’s not that bad.” he says and smiles. He glances at my knee. “You seemed to be limping when you walked in, are you sure your leg is okay?”

     “It was feeling better until I climbed all those stairs for that jerk.” I sigh and lean back in my chair. He looks at me with a confused expression.

     “Jerk?”

     “Myungsoo.” His smile slightly goes away.

     “Why did he make you do that?”

     “He didn’t really make me but I went to apologize to him and I wanted him to come tonight but he completely rejected both.” I bite my tongue to stop the feeling in my chest. I must be sick or something. I sigh. “Sorry for bothering your work, I came to take a nap so I won’t bother you anymore.” I say and put my head on the desk. He doesn’t respond so I guess he went back to work.


 

     Later after class, Chorong, Eungji, Sungyeol, Sunggyu and his band of idiots, Sungjong, Namjoo, and the two other girls Hayoung and Yookyung, all stayed to help me clean so it would be done quickly. Myungsoo of course left immediately. I guess he really didn’t accept my apology… not even a little bit.

     After we finished, which only took an hour, Sungjong suggested we all go back to our restaurant and eat and hang out before coming back for tonight.

     We ate and then went upstairs. Namjoo, Hayoung and Yookyung were particularly excited to see Sungjong’s room. They grabbed him by the arm and begged until he gave in.

     “Where’s your room?” Sungyeol asks and smiles. I smile back and usher them to my room. I really hope that my room isn’t too messy…

     I open the door and invite them in. Chorong and Eunji have been there plenty of times so the immediately run to my bed and jump on it. Sungyeol walks in and looks around. Sunggyu and his friends walk in. I really don’t want them in my room but I guess I have no choice.

     “Hmm.” Sunggyu nods his head. “Pretty pink walls, for a pretty girl.” He smiles and opens his arms to me. I feel like throwing up every time this idiot talks…

     “Uish!” I lift my hand and threaten to hit him. He grabs it and tries to pull me closer to him. I take my other hand and slap him on the back of the head. He immediately lets go and starts rubbing it. “If you continue to get on my nerves I’m going to kick you out!” I yell at him. He nods his head.

     Sungyeol walks over to my desk and picks up a picture of my parents.

     “My parents.” I say and smile. He smiles back and carefully puts it back down. Everyone I know already knows that I was adopted so I didn’t need to explain.

     “What’s this?” Sunggyu asks and pick up an old diary that was sitting next to it. I open my mouth wide in shock and try to grab it but he lifts his arm up so I can’t reach it. Chorong and Eunji both laugh.

     “That’s her diary filled with precious memories of some nameless crush of the past!” Eunji says and laughs. I give her a dirty look.

     “Nameless crush?” he asks confused.

     “It’s someone she liked when she was six, but she never knew his name.” Chorong says and giggles. My face turns red.

     “Why would you keep something like this?!” He yells with an angry expression.

     “Aish!” I yell and reach for it again, but thanks to my knee it didn’t go to well. I stumble and grab the desk to balance myself. Sungyeol grabs my arm with a concerned expression on his face.

     “Are you okay?” He asks.

     “Yah! Where are you grabbing?!” Sunggyu yells again pushes him. I notice that he brought down his arm so I quickly snatch it from him then hit him in the stomach and walk out while I have a chance.

     As soon as I am out of their sight I start to limp. I don’t want them to see me limping in case they try to postpone tonight. I go over to the closet and hide the diary under some blankets.

     There are many reasons why that diary is important to me, and I don’t want anyone else to see it. Chorong and Eunji have already read it when I mistakenly left it the room with them alone. But it’s okay; they wouldn’t understand why I treasure it.

     “Bomi.” I jump turn around and see Sungyeol.

     “Oh it’s you.” I smile in relief. He laughs.

     “Where is the bathroom?” he asks. I smile again and point to the door at the end of the hallway. He nods his head and heads toward it. He stops and I think he sighs then turns back around.

     “About what you said earlier… that you wanted Myungsoo to come tonight… why do you want him to come?” he asks. I sigh while giving a slight smile.

     “I just…” I wasn’t really sure why it mattered so much to me. “…I’m really not sure why.” I say. He furrows his eyebrows slightly. “I just want him to… I want him to see that I’m not crazy or something.” I say and lower my head. My chest had that weird tingling feeling again. I swallow trying to make it stop.

     Sungyeol sighs to himself.

     “Well, I won’t give up!” he says all of a sudden. I look up at him in confusion.

     “Huh?” I ask. He smiles and pats my head and turns around and heads to the bathroom.

     “What the hell?” I say to myself confused as I watch him walk away. I turn my head and see Chorong standing outside of my bedroom door. She looked like she was lost. I walk over to her and snap my finger in front of her face.

     “Yah!” I yell. She snaps back to reality. “What are you doing?” I ask.

     “Huh? Ah… n-nothing.” She says and smiles. “Snacks!” she says and holds out her hand. Pish! Figures…


 

We were all back in the living room again and eating snakes except for Sungyeol. He said he had to run home real quick and that he need to do something and would meet up in front of the school.

Everyone was chatting and joking with each other, and on numerous occasions Sunggyu tried to hold my hand or find any opportunity to grab or hug me. I really want to punch this guy’s lights out! I notice that Eunji was taking every opportunity to talk to Dongwoo. At least she’s having a good time…


 

No one’s POV

     “Sorry I called you out from your friends.”

     “It’s okay mom. I’m gonna get going.” Sungyeol says and waves.

     “Okay be careful! If you happen to see Myungsoo tell him I have dinner in the fridge for him.”

     “Okay.” He says and leaves. He knew that if Myungsoo wasn’t home yet then he was probably at the outdoor vendor that he always liked to go to. Even though he knew that he decided to go send him the message anyways.

     He walks in the tent and sure enough Myungsoo was sitting at one of the tables with a bowl of Kimchi soup. He walks over and sits down.

     “Mom was looking for you.” He says to him. Myungsoo looked up for a second and then continued to eat again. “You know she always makes you dinner, I don’t know why you always come here.” He says. Myungsoo ignores him. “She made you what you’re eating right now, and we both know mom’s is better.”

     “Yeah.” Myungsoo mumbles and nods in approval. Sungyeol knows that Myungsoo will eat it later tonight. One thing he can say about Myungsoo is that he doesn’t let good food go to waste.

     “What’s so appealing about this place anyways?” Sungyeol asks and looks around. “You always come here.”

     “Mind your own business, I just like it.” Myungsoo responds and takes another bite of his soup.

     “Fine.” Sungyeol says and stands up. “I’m headed to school now… Bomi mentioned that she wanted you to go.” Sungyeol says. Myungsoo sighs.

     “So?” he says and takes another bite.

     “You know. I don’t understand why you are so upset with her because of the rumors. It’s not like you took much interest in what people say anyways.” Myungsoo sighs again and ignores him.

     “Do you even know why the rumors started in the first place?” He asks. Myungsoo doesn’t respond. Sungyeol huffs. “They started because her friends were saying bad things about you and she was defending you.” Myungsoo stops eating and looks up slightly. (Reaction below)

     “Now you can sit here and pretend that you don’t give damn about her, when the truth is, you do. You treat her way differently than anyone else. She may not realize this, but I do. And if you don’t stop footing around, I am going to win her over before you do.”

     “What makes you think I care?” Myungsoo says.

     “Then you yourself don’t even realize what she means to you. Well you better get your act together soon because you are not the only one. And I am going to warn you, I am not going to hand her over to you that easily, even if her feelings are towards you.” He says and walks out. Myungsoo looks at him with confusion. He sighs and then turns away and continues to eat his soup.

     Why the hell would he care if Sungyeol went after her? He sighs again and shoves another bite in his mouth.

     “Did you hear about the ert going around?” Two women sat down at the table behind Myungsoo.

     “Oh you mean the one who dresses in all white and looks like a ghost?” Myungsoo stops eating and turns his head slightly.

     “Yeah! And he sneaks into high schools and flashes any girls that are there late at night!”

     “Oh my god! What a sicko!” the two women continue to chat.

     Myungsoo puts down his spoon and sighs.


 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!