It will bring you luck.

I fell for a jerk!

 

No one's POV

     Myungsoo walks aimlessly around the school trying to pass time. He sighs a few times and rubs his head before stopping in front of a window, looking out of it, deep in thought.

     He puts his hand in his pocket and pulls out an old bracelet. He stares at it recalling an old memory.

 

<<< 

     “L!”

     He looks up and sees Bomi running towards him. She stops in front of him and he watches as her smile fades and turns into worry.

     “Why are you crying?”

     She asks and sits down next to him.

     He wipes his tears and turns away.

    “None of your business…” he says.

 

     She stares at him for a few seconds and then reaches into her pocket and pulls out a bracelet. She grabs his wrist and drops it in to his hand.

     He looks down and then looks at her.

 

     “It will bring you luck.” She says and smiles brightly and sweetly making his heart flutter slightly.

 

 

     “Bomi!”

     She looks up and sees her dad waving for her to go over.

     “I’ll see you later L.” she says and smiles again and runs to her dad.

     He watches her until they are out of sight. He sniffles and looks at the bracelet and smiles slightly.

     He ties it around his wrist and get’s up and walks in the opposite direction.

>>> 

 

 

     Myungsoo fiddles with the bracelet and a small smile forms.

     He thinks of another memory of when he was in fifth grade.

 

 

<<< 

     “Okay class! We have a new student! Give her a warm welcome!” the teacher says and looks at the door while wagging her hand, motioning for her to come in.

     Myungsoo yawns and looks out of the window completely uninterested while everyone else, especially the guys, were interested.

     The girl walks in and you can hear some of the guys cheer.

 

     “Hello! I’m Yoon Bomi. Nice to meet you!” She bows as everyone says hi.

 

     “Okay Bomi, you can take the empty seat in the back.”

 

     Myungsoo mentally sighs because the only free seat was next to him.

 

     He hears the girl move the chair and sit in it.

 

     “Hi.” She says in a soft voice. He ignores her. “I’m Yoon Bomi.” She says and gets no reply again. “What’s your name?” She asks. Myungsoo mentally rolls his eyes and thinks of how annoying she is.

     “Kim. Myung. Soo…” She says slowly. Myungsoo finally looks over to see her looking at his notebook.

     He was about to tell her off but once he looked at her, he saw her smiling brightly… And for some reason didn’t want to. She stops looking at him and takes out her own notebook and that’s when he notices the bracelet she’s wearing.

    

     His eyes open wide in shock and he looks back at her and stares…

     He puts his hands in his pocket just in case maybe he dropped it somewhere and she picked it up… but he still has his. Then he remembers her telling him her name and it clicked.

 

     How could he not recognize her instantly just by the name? 

     This was the annoying girl he used to play with when he was 5…

 

>>> 

 

 

     Myungsoo smiles again and thinks about how she hasn’t changed much since she was 5.

 

 

 

    “Did you hear about what happened?”

     “No, what?”

     “I guess Sunggyu was picking on Bomi and made her cry.”

 

     Myungsoo stops looking at the bracelet and turns to the talking people.

 

    “Seriously? What happened?”

    “He knocked her food all over the floor!”

 

    Myungsoo didn’t hear the rest of what they were saying because at the moment he was headed towards someone with his fists clenched.

 


 

     “Bomi! LET GO!” Sunggyu continues to struggle.

     “NEVER!” she yells and continues to pull his hair.

 

     Myungsoo stands behind a few people from the laughing crowd that was watching them. He unclenches his fists and chuckles a little.

     “What are you doing babo?” He says to himself and continues to smile.

 

 

     “HEY! WHAT’S GOING ON?!!”

 

     “TEACHER!” Someone yells and they all scatter. Bomi lets go of Sunggyu’s hair and starts to run too. She could hear the teacher blowing his whistle as he tried to find someone to punish.

     Out of all the screaming and laughter she gets grabbed by someone and pulled behind some stairs.

 

     Her heart practically stops when she sees that it’s Myungsoo. He brings his finger to his mouth motioning for her to be quiet. She slowly nods and hopes that he can’t hear her heart practically jumping out of her chest.

     They hold their breath as the teacher runs by yelling and blowing his whistle.

 

     They let their lungs breathe normally again when he turns a corner.

     Bomi starts to laugh.

 

     “Did you see his face?! He was hell bent on catching someone!” She says and starts to laugh loudly.

 

     He watches her silently as she laughs and gives a small smile before flicking her on the forehead and walking away.

 

     “Ack!” She yelps and rubs it. “What did you do that for?!” She asks as she runs after him.

 

 

     “Why are you beating people up during lunch? I thought you hated bullies? Now you’re becoming one?” he asks.

 

     “I didn’t bully him! He ruined everything!”

     “What did he ruin?” He asks and looks at her. She freezes and gulps as she blinks rapidly.

     “H-he…” She didn’t want to say that he spilled the lunch she made for him all over the floor so she wasn’t sure what to say.

     “He ruined something I worked hard on.” She says and hopes he won’t ask anymore.

     “Hmmm…” He says and turns away and continues walking. She sighs in relief and changes the subject.

 

     “Why did you help me?” She asks. He doesn’t respond. “Could it be that you were worried about me?” She asks  half teasing and half hoping  that he’ll say yes. He stops and turns to look at her.

     “What if I was?” He says and smiles then continues to walk.

 

     Bomi doesn’t follow after because she was in some distant dream land that was filled with shock and happiness.

  

     She brings her hand up and pinches her cheek to see if she was dreaming.

 

     She runs up and stops in front of him making him stop.

 

     “What do you mean by that?” She asks hopeful.

 

     He stares at her for a few seconds then chuckles and flicks her forehead again and walks around her. She rubs her forehead while Myungsoo walks in front of her blinking rapidly, shocked with himself for what he said.

 


 

 

 

     “Chorong… Will you go out with me?”

 

     Chorong was standing in the middle of an empty hall way looking at the boy who was confessing to her.

 

     “Oh… um… I’m sorry but there is someone that I like.” She says in an apologetic tone. She was about to walk away when he starts speaking again.

 

     “Who? Sungyeol?” He asks with a hint of bitterness. “Why waste your time on someone who obviously likes someone else?!” he yells.

     “Excuse me?” She asks, shocked with the sudden yelling. The boy laughs

     “It’s pathetic! Watching you try to get his attention but never succeeding!”

 

     Chorong huffs in disbelief and tries to walk away again but he grabs her arm.

 

     “Give up on him! Take me!” He yells and tightens his grip.

     “Let go of me!” She yells.

 

     As she tries to release from his grip someone goes in between them and does it for her.

 

     “She said let go.” Hoya says while still holding her arm gentle and making sure she stays behind him.

 

     “W-what business is it to you?!” he asks.

 

     “She’s my girlfriend.” He says. Chorong’s eyes open wide in shock, but she doesn’t say anything so that the guy would believe him.

 

     “W-what?” The guy asks looking twice as shocked as Chorong.

 

     “I said she is my girlfriend… So don’t ever touch her again or I’ll kick your .” He says in a threatening tone. He turns his attention to Chorong and smiles.

     “Let’s go babe.” He grabs her hand gently and leads her away.

 


 

     “You can let go now he can’t see us.” Chorong says after a few minutes of walking.

     “Don’t want to.” He says and tightens his grip.

 

     “Thank you… For helping me.”  she says after a few more minutes

     Hoya stops walking and looks at her.

 

     “I wasn’t helping you.”

     “What? Then why did you…”

     “I want it to be real.”

 

     Chorong’s heart jumps a bit.

     “What do you mean?” She asks nervously.

 

     “I want you to be my girlfriend.” He says while staring into her eyes. Chorong blinks a few times and.

     “What are you talking about?” She says and pushes him lightly and walks ahead while holding her cheeks that were burning red.

 

     She didn’t know why but her heart and stomach were fluttering.

     “There’s something wrong with me…” She says to herself.

     She jumps as Hoya grabs her hand from her cheek and leads her again.

     “There’s nothing wrong with you. You are just falling for.” He says and smirks, which she couldn’t see.

 

     “I am not!” she yells.

     “You are to.” He says back.

 

     Chorong continues to deny it while they walk through the halls.

 


 

Bomi POV

     After doing some work for the Christmas festival, somehow everyone ended up at our restaurant to eat. Usually we’re closed by now but my mom really wanted to make food for our class and anyone else who decided to crash… Which means Sunggyu was there… and trying to get me to forgive him, which I wasn’t ready to do.

 

     “Bomi, where is Myungsoo?” My mom asks after serving everyone.

     “He didn’t come.”

     “What?! Why not?!” she yells. I shush her and tell her to keep it down. “Well didn’t you ask him?” she asks. I sigh.

 

     “Yeah but he said no… I really thought he would say yes…”

     “Did you do something to him?”

     “No…”

     My mom sighs.

     “Maybe he was just busy today.” She says and walks away.

 

     “Yeah…” I say lowly.

 

     I couldn’t help but think that I did something wrong… At lunch he helped me and he smiled and laughed… He has never done those things to me… I really thought he was finally opening up to me.

 


 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!