I'll teach you who to shut up!

I fell for a jerk!

 

Bomi POV

     My mother walks into the room seconds after I scream of joy.

     “What are you so happy about?” she asks. “Did he ask you out on a date?!” she asks getting overly excited.

     “No… but, he gave me his number!” I say and we both start squealing.

     “Text him!”

     “Should I?” I say shyly and smile.

     “Duh!” she says motions for me to hurry.

     “Ah… he might not be home yet. Maybe I should wait a little bit.”

     “You think?” she asks. We both stand in silence for about a minute.

 

 

     “Now?” she asks.

 

     “NEH!” I yell and nod my head. I giggle and grab my phone and open it.

     “What is it? Hurry up!” she asks becoming impatient. I slowly turn my head and look at her.

 

     “My phone’s dead.”

 

     “TSK! AISH!” she says and hits the back of my head.

     “ACK!” I yell and start to rub it. “Why did you hit me?!” I say and pout.

     “Babo!” she says and leaves the room. She comes back and hands me the phone from the restaurant.

 

     “Here! Use this and call him!” she yells and forces it into my hands.

     I get ready to dial but I was becoming nervous. I look up at her and give a nervous smile. I really didn’t want her to be in the room with me when I called. She sighs.

     “Okay! Okay! I’ll leave! Just don’t mess it up!” she says and leaves the room. I smile after her and start to dial with shaking fingers.

 

     I wait as I hear the ringing through the phone. I have never been this nervous before.

 

     What if he didn’t like to talk on the phone? What if he would be bothered by me calling? What if he finds me weird? What if the isn’t his real number?!

 

     All these thoughts ran through my head and I was starting to regret calling. I was about to hang up when I hear a click on the other line.

 

    “Hello.”

     I freeze and couldn’t bring myself to say anything.

 

     That’s his voice! This is his real number! He picked up! I’M SOO HAPPY!

 

     I was becoming so excited that I forget that I have to actually say something.

     “Hello?”

 

     Oh no! How long have I been daydreaming?!

 

     “H-hello?!” I say a bit too loudly and immediately face palms. “M-Myungsoo?” I say nervously.

     “Neh.”

     I smile like a fool and contain a scream ready to escape my throat.

     “T-this is Bomi. Uhm…” I wasn’t sure what to say. “I-I wanted to text you to see if you got home safely, but my phone battery was dead, s-so I’m using the store phone and had to call instead.”

      I face palm again because I rambled about worthless things.

     “A-anyways… Did you get home safe?” I ask and wait for a response. After a few seconds I hear a noise that sounds like a chuckle.

     “No.”

     “You didn’t get home safely?! Are you hurt?!” I ask with wide open eyes. I hear another chuckle.

     “No, I mean I’m not home yet. I’m a few minutes away.”

     “Oh!” I say and giggle in relief. “Sorry.” I say and giggle again feeling a little embarrassed.

     “It’s okay.” He says back. There were a few moments of silence and what I have been trying to keep in just comes out.

 

     I start laughing and couldn’t stop.

 

     “Why are you laughing?” he asks. I wanted to answer him but honestly, I had no idea why. I think it’s because I am so happy that I was on the phone with him.

     “What is going on?” he asks and I hear him laugh a little too which makes me laugh harder.

     “I-I d-don’t know… For s-some r-reason I started l-laughing!” I manage to say and laugh some more.

     “What the? Babo…” I hear him say and let out a laugh. “I’ve reached home now.” He says.

 

     I finally start to calm down.

 

     “Really? That’s good. Then I’ll let you go. S-sleep well.” I say feeling kind of sad that we couldn’t talk longer. “Oh! And make sure to eat something first… I didn’t see you eat anything all day… U-unless you did after school! Then don’t eat anything… Unless you’re hungry! Then eat something… ummm… “ I face palmed again for my rambling. “Sorry for rambling… Goodnight!” I say.

 

     “Goodnight.” I hear him say quietly on the other line and then it goes dead.

 

     I immediately plop myself on the bed and roll around in happiness.

 


 

No one’s POV

     “Goodnight.”

     Myungsoo hangs up the phone and chuckles while shaking his head.

     “What are you so happy about?” He turns to see Sungyeol walking towards him. “It’s rare to see you smile like that… I wonder who caused it.”

     “None of your business.” Myungsoo says and walks through the gates of their house. Sungyeol smirks and walks after.

     “Was it Bomi?”

     Myungsoo pauses and turns his head slightly.

     “And what makes you think it’s her?” he continues to walk again. Sungyeol scoffs.

     “Fine. I’ll let you play dumb for now. It makes it easier for me to pursue her. And just to let you know, if she says she likes you and you don’t take that opportunity to tell her your hidden feelings, I will definitely not give up and make you regret it.”

     Myungsoo pauses again and sighs.

     “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

     “Whatever.” Sungyeol says with a smile and walks in the house. “Anyone with eyes can see that you like her…” he says under his breath. Myungsoo sighs and follows after.

 


 

     “Myungsoo, let’s talk.” His father gives him a serious stare.

     “Honey, now isn’t the time.”

     He ignores her and enters his office. Myungsoo sighs shaking his head and rolling his eyes. He follows after and closes the door.

     “I thought we talked about this yesterday.”

     “Yeah, and I wasn’t finished!” his dad says and slams his hand on the desk. Myungsoo scoffs. “Don’t you disrespect me!”

     “Why? You disrespect me all the time.”

     “What?! I don’t disrespect you! I am doing this for your future since you refuse to do anything about it yourself!” Myungsoo rolls his eyes.

     “Don’t pretend like you’re doing this for me. Everything you do is for yourself.”

     “What?!”

     “Would you just tell me what you want so I can get out of here?” His dad sighs and with his fists clenched.

     “Choose one of these colleges!” He says and throws 2 pamphlets on the desk.

     “Wow… Huge choice…”

     “Don’t talk back to me and choose!”

     “Since you seem to have forgotten the promise we had, let me refresh your memory. We agreed that you would let me go to the high school I wanted and you wouldn’t pester me about college until I graduated from high school.” His father sighs.

     “This is the second time this week that you tried forcing this on me. For a man that claims to his clients that he doesn’t go back on his promises, you seem to be breaking them a lot. If you bother me about this again I will definitely fight you forever.” Myungsoo turns to leave the room.

     “I don’t understand why you wanted to go to that high school… you should have gone abroad… What is at that school that you couldn’t get abroad?”

     “You know, you always question my choices and pester me… Why don’t you take your “worry” and throw some towards Sungyeol? He chose the same school I did… “

     “I don’t have to worry about Sungyeol! I know he will do well! I can trust him to make his own choices!”

 

     Myungsoo scoffs.

 

     “Thanks for the trust.” He says and walks out. His father sits back in his chair and sighs.

 

     Sungyeol’s mom walks into the room.

     “You shouldn’t pressure him like that.”

     “I’m trying to make him care about his future!”

     “Just because he doesn’t talk about it with you, it doesn’t mean he doesn’t think about it.

     “He is just still trying to defy me because he thinks I betrayed his mother!”

     “He was only six… his mother died and then you married me 7 months later. Of course he was upset.”

     “That was over ten years ago! He should be over it now!”

     “Something like that doesn’t leave easily.”

 

     He sighs again.

 

     “I don’t know what to do to make him stop this attitude.”

     “Respect his decisions.”

      “How can I do that? You heard the rumors going around about him. I mean, what is he doing for them to think that he’s like that?”

      “They’re teenagers. They do it to seem important and cool. We should be the ones supporting and believing him if no one else will.”

 

     He sighs and smiles at her.

 

     “You are so understanding… No wonder he doesn’t hate you. I thought for sure he would rebel against you too. I’m at least glade he didn’t do that to you guys.” He wraps his arms around her waist and places his chin on her stomach. She smiles down at him and places her hands on his shoulders.

     “That’s because you raised him well, despite his rebelling against you.” she says and bends down and pecks him on the lips.

 


 

Bomi POV

     I woke up early to make my own lunch and so that I could make one for Myungsoo too. It is definitely more exciting making the lunches myself. It gives it more meaning. Maybe it was a good thing the other one was wasted.

 

     I walked happily down the street as the snow fell. I really hope that I am able to get this lunch to Myungsoo without anything happening to it.

 

     It feels like I jinxed myself because as soon as I thought that I tripped and almost dropped it.

     Then not even a minute later a little girl bumps into me and I almost drop it again.

 

     What is this?! Why does it seem like the whole world is against me giving him a lunch box?!!

 

     The rest of the walk I held it close to me. My hands were white from clutching it so tightly.

 

     I finally relaxed when I reached class. Maybe my luck didn’t completely run out.

 

     I sit down and sigh in relief.

     “Tough morning?”

     I turn and see Sungyeol smiling at me.

     “You have no idea.” I say and smile back. “I’m sure you’re having a harder time than me though. With all the festival preparations.”

     “I know, I feel like I haven’t seen you in days. I wish you were on the council so that I could be with you more.”

 

     I smile and then freeze… and fully register what he said…

 

 

 

     “Neh?”

 

 

 

     Before he could answer Eunji came running in.

     “Bomi!” she says while smiling.

     “Eunji! You seem extra happy today! I’m guessing your date went well?”

     “It did. Or so she keeps telling me.” Chorong says and laughs while sitting down.

     Eunji tells us all about her date. Now I don’t have any worries. Dongwoo is definitely a good guy.

 

     All through class I kept thinking about what Sungyeol said…

 

     I wish you were on the council so that I could be with you more.

 

     What did he mean by that?

 

     It was finally lunch time and Chorong asked me why I kept eating lunch elsewhere. I wasn’t sure what to say so I decided to tell her the truth about me liking Myungsoo.

     “I knew it!” She yells with a smile. “So that’s why you brought two lunches!”

     I wave my hands trying to get her to keep her voice down and smile.

     They wish me good luck and go to lunch. I smile and head towards the roof, trying to be extra careful so that I don’t drop it.

 



No One’s POV

     “Bomi!”

     Before she could even turn around and react, Sunggyu grabs her by the waist and lifts her in the air and into a spinning hug…

 

     It all happened as if it were in slow motion as she watched the lunch box fall to the ground and spill all over…

 

     “NOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

 

     Everyone in the hall looks over and Sunggyu instantly drops her and clamps his ears.

 

     “ARGH! Why the hell?!” he says while looking at her in shock.

 

     She grabs his collar and starts shaking him.

     “LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!”

 

     She shakes him a few more times and then falls to the ground and starts crying loudly.

     “H-Hey.. w-why are you crying like that?” he asks.

     “Y-you spa-spilled it!” She yells while crying.

     He starts to panic, not sure what to do to make her feel better. The surrounding people started to gossip.

 

     “Sunggyu’s at it again…”

     “Picking on a girl? That’s low even for him…”

     “Poor Bomi…”

 

     “Shut up!” he yells at them. “I didn’t pick on her! It was an accident!”

 

     They scoff and glare at him not believing him.

     He glares back and then turns his attention to Bomi again. He kneels down and touches her shoulder.

 

     “Bomi… I’m sorr..”

     Before he could finish she grabs him by his hair and starts pulling.

 

     “I’m gonna kill you!” she says and continues to pull.

     “ARGHHH!!! I’M SORRY!” he yells and tries to release himself from her death grip.

     “Do you know how much that meant to me?!!”

     “I’M SORRY!”

     “I TOLD YOU NOT TO HUG ME WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!”

     “AGH! I’M SORRY!”

     “JUST BECAUSE YOU SAY YOU LIKE ME IT DOESN’T GIVE YOU THE PERMISSION TO HUG ME WHENEVER YOU WANT!!!!!”

     “I’M SORR…AGHHHH!”

 

 

     “What’s going on….?”

     The people surrounding are now laughing while watching them fight.

     “So… he wasn’t bullying her?”

     “Sunggyu likes her!!!”

     “Wow…”

     “Wait… Are they dating then?!!”

     “Bomi no! You can’t date him!”

     “Yeah! You deserve better!”

 

     Sunggyu hears everything they’re saying and was getting pissed off.

 

     “SHUT UP!” he manages to yell at them.

     “WHAT?! SHUT UP?!!!”

     “N-No not you Bomi! I was talking to…”

     “I’LL TEACH YOU WHO TO SHUT UP!”

     “ARGHHHHHHHHH!”

 


 

 

Hope you liked the Chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!