Magic

I fell for a jerk!

 

Bomi POV

I never thought I would have gone on a date with Sunggyu. I never thought it would be fun either. We went to an amusement park and ate way more than we should have. Now we are sitting in a café drinking some hot chocolate.

I really did have a lot of fun today, but this is as much as I can do for him.

“I’m so glad you went on this date with me.” He smiles widely for the millionth time tonight. I smile back.

“Well you sure have proved me wrong. Sunggyu is capable of being fun without violence and delinquent stuff.”

“I’m a man of many talents Bomi. You would be happy with me.” Again he smiles. I smile back but it falters. I guess now is as good as time as any.

“Sunggyu, I…”

“I know why you went on this date with me.” He interrupts, still keeping his smile on. But I know he doesn’t really feel like smiling. “I overheard your conversation with Sungyeol… I assumed you would tell me the same thing sooner or later.”

I never knew Sunggyu could be this mature or calm or… whatever this is.

“I hate losing to that , but the way you look at him… I know. Although I know, I elect to do the same thing as Sungyeol. I want you to just smile whenever I hit on you or hug you randomly. So let’s continue this date until I deliver you safely to your house.”

He smiles widely and continues drinking the rest of his drink. I sigh and drink mine too. These boys are sure making it difficult… but I can understand, if Myungsoo said the same things to me, I would want him to still acknowledge me at least. I guess everyone is a bit selfish.

“Why you’re in love with that jerk is beyond me.” Sunggyu tsks and mumbles a few bad things about Myungsoo. I laugh a little and shake my head.

“You should just focus on opening your eyes a little. There is probably someone who likes you and you don’t even notice.”

“Of course! I’m Kim Sunggyu! Girls are falling at their knees for me! You have no idea how lucky you are to have captured my attention, flower.”

And there he is. Sunggyu the cocky head is back. I shake my head again and laugh.

 


 

 

As soon as I reach my locker, Namjoo walks over to me with slumped shoulders.

“I don’t think it’s working, Bomi.” Namjoo says, looking completely drained. I know the feeling. I’m feeling beyond drained today.

“It is working.” I know it is but, I can tell she doesn’t want to do it anymore, and I completely understand. “But let’s stop.” She nods and smiles.

 

“Hey Namjoo.” We look over and see one of her classmates walking over. “Since you seem to be over Sungjong, why don’t we go on a date?” He says with a smirk. Everything about this guy’s attitude makes me want to punch him.

“Sorry.” Namjoo says uncomfortably.

“Oh come on.” He says and puts his hand on her back. Before I can push him away, Sungjong does.

 

“She’s not interested.” He says threateningly. Namjoo stares in shock before he grabs her hand and drags her away. The hall fills with whispers, mixed in with a few frustrated girls.

“It worked.” I whisper to myself and smile. After a while my smile falters. I wish Myungsoo would do the same thing. But I know, that it is possible that it will never happen.

I take in a deep breath and smile, deciding to head to my classroom.

 



 

No one’s POV

Myungsoo is sitting in his desk and staring towards the window. He glances at the door when Bomi walks in. He sighs deeply before looking back towards the window, wishing the new kid would shut up. He sure is talkative for not knowing anyone.

She lazily makes her way over to her desk. This whole, stay away from Myungsoo thing is wearing her out.

“Bomi!”

Startled, she looks up.

“Taehyung?” She asks surprised.

Myungsoo looks towards her with furrowed brows, wondering how she knows the annoying new kid.

She hasn't seen Taehyung since fourth grade, before she transferred into this school. “What are you doing here? Did you trans…” before she can finish, she gets cut off.

The classroom collectively gasps before going quiet and resolving into whispers as Taehyung continues to firmly keep his lips on Bomi’s.

Her eyes as wide as they can go. Shock blasting through her entire body.  He pulls away with a wide smile then sighs in satisfaction.

“I finally did it. What I couldn’t do all this time, even when you transferred out.”

“What?” She asks, more in the lack of being able to think coherently than in confusion.

“I liked you, and regretted never doing that.” He confesses like it wasn’t completely insane to say that to someone he hasn’t seen in years. Myungsoo stares in shock as anger slowly replaces it. Same with Sungyeol. “So I wanted to kiss you.” He says and starts to lean in. Once again she goes wide eyed. Myungsoo is about to jump up and intervene  but Sungjong does it for him.

“Stop violating my sister, Taehyung.” He says angrily.

“Sungjong!” He says and hugs him.

“ert.” Sungjong mumbles and reluctantly lets himself be hugged. Myungsoo huffs in frustration, clenching his fists. His anger only continues to rise when he see’s Bomi staring at him with flushed cheeks.

 

“Go to your seats.” The teacher mumbles when she walks in. Taehyung walks to the front and Bomi, still in shock, goes to her seat. Not once glancing at Myungsoo, to his disappointment.

“Who is he?” Chorong whispers to Bomi.

“Best friend from fourth grade.” She mumbles back. She replays what just happened in her head, not fully understanding what just happened. She picks up her folder and starts fanning herself, trying to cool down.

“I don’t like him.” Sungyeol whispers to Bomi. Not even trying to hide the jealousy. Myungsoo sighs deeply and rubs his forehead. He closes his eyes and reminds himself that she is just doing this to make him jealous. But no matter how much he repeats that in his head, it still pisses him off that she would kiss someone just to make him jealous. It’s just going too far for his liking.

 

“Alright, obviously we have a transfer student. Why don’t you introduce yourself.” She smiles at Taehyung and waits for him to speak.

“Hello! My name is Kim Taehyung. I was best friends with Sungjong and Bomi in fourth grade, and if it wasn’t already clear, I like Bomi.”

Bomi’s ears instantly go red. Taehyung has always been friendly and a bit of a goof ball, but when it came to girls he was so shy. She would have never thought he would do something like this. Myungsoo glares at him.

“Well, okay.” The teacher says, feeling awkward. “There’s an empty spot behind Myungsoo, the one who looks pissed,  you can take that one.“ She says and points to Myungsoo.

Bomi finally snaps out of her shocked state and looks at Myungsoo. He really did look pissed.

“Okay.” Taehyung says cheerfully and quickly goes to his new seat. Myungsoo inhales in frustration before exhaling. “Bomi.” Taehyung whispers excitedly. She looks at him and he waves. She awkwardly smiles and waves back. Myungsoo directs his glare to her. She sees this and stops smiling and quickly faces forward again.

 


 

Lunch time comes around and everyone files out of the room. Taehyung joins Bomi, Sungyeol, Eunji and Chorong. He latches his arm with Bomi and pulls her out of the room, causing Sungyeol to curl his lip up in irritation.

Myungsoo watches as they leave and sighs harshly. Once again he has to remind himself that this is all an act.

Sungjong goes over to Myungsoo and sits in sungyeol's desk, facing him.

“If you are going to be this jealous, just tell her you like her.”

“I’m not about to play into this little game of hers.” He grumbles. Sungjong chuckles.

“This isn’t Bomi trying to make you jealous. Do you honestly think she would ask our fourth grade friend to transfer in just to make you jealous? Come on, you know that’s not true. It’s would just be more convenient for you if it were.”

Myungsoo furrows his eyebrows.

“Trust me, he has liked her since third grade, before gathered the courage to talk to her the summer before fourth. This has nothing to do with her wanting to make you jealous.”

Myungsoo sighs deeply, ruffling his hair.

“I think it’s about time you stop being so stubborn. Bomi likes you, a lot, but being constantly rejected and ignored, is going to push her away. Maybe that’s what your goal is, I don’t know. But when you say you don’t want to hurt her beyond repair, I think you are ignoring the fact that you break her heart everyday when you don’t even acknowledge her.” Myungsoo stares at his desk with furrowed brows. Sungjong sighs and stands up. “Taehyung is caring, nice, funny and friendly.” Myungsoo scoffs lightly while listening. “He is going to show her a lot of affection. No matter how much she likes you, people gravitate towards those who give them affection. Are you prepared for the moment when she chooses him over you?” He asks.

“Sungjong!”

He looks up and sees Namjoo at the door smiling. He smiles back.

“I doubt it, since you’re ready to explode over what happened earlier. I can’t imagine Namjoo being with someone else, and it scares the out of me that it could have happened because of my stubbornness. I would’ve hated myself. Don’t make that mistake.” He says and stands. He contemplates for a second then turns back to face him “Whatever the reason is for you staying away from her. Ignore it, and decide which decision you will regret more. Being with her, or losing her. “ He smiles lightly then walks over to Namjoo, grabbing her hand as soon as he reaches her.

 

Myungsoo looks at their hands until they leave.

He feels his resolve crumbling. Watching her kiss someone else… is not something he will be able to do again.

 



 

Bomi POV

I sit in a bathroom stall, trying to collect myself. Being randomly kissed by someone you haven’t seen since fourth grade really takes a lot out of you. Not to mention having another person like you.

 

“Who knew Bomi was such a .”

 

I freeze when I hear my name.

“I know right? Four guys already. What do they even see in her.”

“Three. It’s clear Myungsoo is the only smart one. He’s not interested at all.” She says and they laugh together.

“Why would she go after brothers? She really is a . I wouldn’t be surprised if she went after her own brother.”

They continue to talk about me as they leave the stall.

I was just going to ignore it, but the stress gets to me.

I leave the stall and head after them.

“Hey!”

They jump and look shocked when seeing me come from the bathroom.

“How am I a ? The only one I like, is Myungsoo.”

“Then why lead Sungyeol on and go on a date with Sunggyu? Then you’re just a for giving them false hope?” She says and smirks.

“Not to mention kissing the new kid.” The other one pitches in.

I stare speechless. I guess in other’s eyes, it would look like I’m playing them all. They wouldn’t believe me. Then again, does it really matter?

“Think what you want.” I tell them and walk away. I don’t even know why I tried to explain it to them. It’s not like they are important to me. I don’t even know their names.

I just thought about Myungsoo, if he heard them, would he see it that way? Would he look at me like a or player? Would he even care?


 

I go back to the lunch room, trying to pretend everything's okay. When I reach the table, I see Taehyung furrowing his brows.

“Sorry Bomi, I didn’t know.” He says when he notices me. I look questioningly towards Chorong and Eunji. “I didn’t know you had someone you liked… and I kissed you right in front of him.” He says with an apologetic tone. “No wonder he looked so bent out of shape.”

I sigh and sit down.

“It doesn’t matter. I doubt he even cared.” I say. Sounding more spiteful than I wanted. I just feel emotionally beaten and tired.

“Maybe it’s time for you to actually give up.” Eunji says cautiously. “You’re starting to look like Sungjong when he was with Hyuna.”

I furrow my brows and want to say something back. To even compare Myungsoo to Hyuna is ridiculous but I don’t say anything.

“Maybe you’re right. Maybe I should give up.” I mumble.

I hear a loud scoff behind me and turn around. Sunggyu is staring at me in annoyance. “If only you actually meant that.” He says before stomping off. I sigh and rub my head. My love life is too complicated. Not to mention the look on Naeun’s face when Sunggyu stormed off. She probably hates me for going on a date with him. I thought I was doing the right thing. But now I’m not so sure… maybe I’ve just been selfish.

Even now, I am being selfish, because as selfish as it is, I’m glad Sungyeol doesn’t say anything. He just smiles lightly at me, patting my back a couple times.

“I’ll be right back.” Taehyung says suddenly and hops out of his seat and out of the lunch room.

“He sure is an energetic one.” Chorong says and giggles a bit. Hoya scoffs.

“More like annoying.” He mumbles. Chorong looks at him with a smirk.

“Are you jealous?” she asks leaning towards him slightly.

“Why should I be jealous? You’re mine.” He says confidently which causes her to smile wider and lean in more until her head is snuggled on his shoulder.

Despite my mood I smile. If I tried to do that with Myungsoo, he would probably shrug me off and complain. I chuckle when I think about the expression he would make.

“What are you chuckling about?” Eunji asks.

“Nothing.” I say and sigh. There really is no hope for me. Sunggyu is right. I didn’t mean it. Even if I wanted to give up, I can’t. I’m selfish. Who isn’t? And I love him too much. “Well, I’m going for a walk.”

“You’re not going to eat?” Sungyeol asks in concern.

“Not hungry. Also I’m in desperate need for some head clearing.” I smile and stand up. I go over to Naeun and whisper in her ear. “Go after him. Tell him.” Her face goes red. I wave and make my way out of the cafeteria.


 

I debate on whether to go to the roof or not. I’ve been avoiding him and now it seems weird to just go back to what I was doing before. He’ll probably think I’m bipolar.

I sigh deeply and decide to just go to the classroom. I open the door and start to walk in.

“Shut up!”

Startled, I look to the side, and go wide eyed. Myungsoo has Taehyung pinned against the wall.

“What? Did I make you mad?” Taehyung asks. Myungsoo is about to hit him but I intervene.

“What are you doing?” I yell and force my way in between them. Myungsoo pauses and after a few seconds let’s go of his grip on Taehyung’s collar.

I look at Taehyung and see his lip bleeding.

“Are you okay?” I ask, grabbing a tissue from my pocket and wiping the blood.

“I’m okay, don’t worry about me.”

“You’re bleeding.”

“Annoying.” Myungsoo mumbles before barging out of the room. Just what were they fighting about?

“Let’s go to the nurse.” I say and drag him out of the room.

 


 

“I’m happy, Bomi is taking care of me.” He says with a smile.

“Stop messing around and tell me why you guys fought.”

“I’m not messing around, I really feel happy right now.”

“Taehyung.” I respond sternly. He smiles once more before sighing.

“Don’t worry about it Bomi. Guys fight all the time.”

“When they just meet?”

“Especially then.”

“Taehyung, just tell…”

“Bomi, don’t worry about it. I just performed a little magic on him.” He smiles before standing up.

“What?” I ask in complete confusion. Magic? What is he talking about? “Where are you going?” He pats my head before leaving the room. I sigh and slouch back into the chair.