Our school is haunted

I fell for a jerk!

Bomi POV

     I was in the bathroom washing my hands when I thought about Eunji. I’m not sure what I should feel about her liking Dongwoo but I know I need to apologize. I attacked her instead of supporting her.

     I walk out of the bathroom and head towards the classroom.

     “Bomi!” I turn around and see Sungyeol walking towards me. He stops in front of me. “There are rumors going around about you.”

     I sigh and nod my head. “I know. It’s a huge misunderstand.”

     “What happened?” he asks. I tell him about how I was “defending” Myungsoo, and how, because of that, I got labeled as his boyfriend.

     “Ahh.” He says as he exhales and smiles.

     “Sungyeol! Can I see you for a second!” a teacher called for him.

     “Yes!” he turns to me. “I’ll see you in class.” He says and waves. I wave back and continue to class.

     I walk into the classroom and Eunji and Chorong are already in their seats. I go to mine, sit down and face Eunji. I pout my face.

     “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have attacked you. I just don’t want you to get hurt.” She sighs and pouts her face too.

     “I know.” She says and smiles. “I’m sorry too. I didn’t mean to call you out on liking Myungsoo.”

     “Hey, I don’t like him.” I say and pout my face again. “You misunderstood.” She smiles.

     “I’m not too sure about that.” I pout even more. She laughs. “Ah! Sungyeol was looking for you earlier, did you see him?”

     “Yeah.”

     “What did he want?” Chorong asks with curious eyes.

     “He asked if I needed help cleaning.” I smile at her. “Don’t worry, there’s nothing “romantic” between us if that’s what you’re asking.”

     “Who says I was worried about that?!” she says and tries to hide it. I know what she’s thinking! I start laughing at her, so does Eunji.

     Just then Myungsoo walks in the room. I watch as he goes to his seat. He seems to still be angry. For some reason I was feeling nervous about that.


 

     Class is dismissed and everyone was starts to leave.

     “Bye, see you tomorrow.” I say to them. They say the same and leave the room.

     “Hey idiot! Don’t take forever this time. I don’t want to have to keep coming to pick you up!” Sungjong says and leaves.

     “You could help me then.” I say under my breath.

     I turn around to look at Myungsoo. He is standing up and he throwing his bag over his shoulder.

     “Myungsoo...” I start to talk to him as he walks right past me and out the door without looking at me once. I sigh deeply. “… he’s still mad.” I say to myself. I really hate staying here alone.


 

     I was just getting done and leaving when I hear a something in one of the classrooms.

     “This place is definitely haunted!” I whisper to myself. Against my better judgment I go to see what it was. I never knew why in scary movies the dumb girl always went towards the strange noise, but I’m starting to understand a little. Part of it is curiosity and the other part is to verify that you’re not insane.

      I stand in front of the classroom and slowly open the door, and what I see gives me some clarity… that this place is DEFINETLY haunted! I see a figure sitting in one of the chairs and it was completely white!

      “AHHHHH!” I scream and bolt out of there! I knew it! I told him I wasn’t paranoid! I run out in front of the school and, again against my better judgment, turn around and take a look. I see the ghost in front of one of the windows staring right at me!

      “AH!” I scream again and trip and fall. I ignore the pain and get up and run again.

      I only stop when I’m right in front of the restaurant. Our house is above it. That’s when I notice the pain that I’m in. I go inside and sit at one of the tables. I hike my leg up on one of the chairs and take a look at my knee. It was all bloodied up and bruised.

      “Awesome.” I say sarcastically to myself.

      “What’s awesome? You finally realized just how shockingly ugly you are?” Sungjong asks as he walks down the stairs. I shoot him a dirty look and turn my attention back to my knee. “What are you doing?” he asks. “And why are you all sweaty?” he walks over to me. He says my knee and opens his eyes wide. “Are you okay? Did someone attack you?” he asks bending down to take a better look.

      “No, I was running and fell.”

      “Why were you running in the snow?” I remember what I saw and cringe. “What’s wrong with you? Do you have a cold or something?” he asks while feeling my head.

      “I saw something shocking!” I say and shake my head.

      “What are you talking about? You look like a nut!” I look at him and grab his shoulders.

      “Sungjong, our school is haunted!” I say with wide open eyes. His facial expression slowly turns from confused to un-amused.

      “Yah.” he says with his mouth clenched shut and hits the back of my head.

      “Ow! Why did you hit me?!” I say and rub my head.

      “Because you saying crazy things, it’s freaking me out!” he says and gets up. “Wait here.”

      He comes back down stairs with a cup and a first aid kit in his hand.

      “Here, drink this and get your senses back.” He says and hands me a warm cup of tea. “If mom sees you like this it’s going to get really annoying. Now I’m going to clean this wound up. By the time I’m done you better not be talking crazy.” He says and starts disinfesting my knee. I sigh and take a sip of my tea.

      “Ow!” I whine a jolt my leg.

      “Stay still!” he yells and hits my leg.

      “Ow! Stop hitting me!” I yell and rub where he hit my.

      “Then stay still!” he yells and continues. I drink the rest of my tea. “Done.” He says and stands up.

      “Thanks.”

      “You should probably fix your hair. You look like crap.” He says and walks back up stairs.

      I scoff. Acting like you dislike me when I know you don’t. I smile and go into the restaurant’s bathroom. I’m glad I did because my hair was a mess. He was right, if mom saw me like this she would have gone crazy. I clean myself up then limp my way up the stairs.

      I walk in the house and see that she is still in the kitchen. I quickly go over to the table and sit down so she doesn’t notice me limping.

      “Does it hurt a lot?” Sungjong whispers to me.

      “A little.” I whisper back.

      “Oh, Bomi you're back.” She says and brings over a pot of Budae Jjigae (Army Stew).

      “Oh yeah!” I say and smile. Budae Jjigae is my favorite!

      “Haha! I knew you would like it!” she says and smiles.

      “Yes!” I answer excitedly. Sungjong huffs and shakes his head.

      “Oh, Bomi can you go get a big spoon?” I raise my eyes and hesitate, not sure what to do.

      “I’ll get it.” Sungjong says and gets up.

      “What’s up with him today?” she says and passes me a rice bowl.

      “I don’t know.” I lie. I definitely owe him for this.


 

 

Hope you liked this chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like!