Tell him.

I fell for a jerk!

 

Bomi POV

     I decided to wait in the restaurant for Myungsoo to walk by so I could walk with him.

     I was sitting next to the window and watched as people walked by. It started to snow too which made me even more excited. But I couldn’t get this worried feeling out of my stomach.

     After he helped me, the rest of the day he completely ignored me.  I tried to talk to him as we were all making things for the festival but he would just walk away without even looking at me.

     I feel like I did something to make him upset with me but I don’t know what it is.

 

     “What are you doing?”

     I turn to see Sungjong standing behind me.

     “Aren’t you going to go to school?” he asked. I hesitated and didn’t know if I should tell him. He already knows I like Myungsoo but it feels weird telling him I was waiting for him to walk by… My thoughts were interrupted by his laughter.

     “Are you waiting for him or something?” He asked with teasing smile. I instantly started blushing.

     “S-so what?” I say and clear my throat and stare out the window again. He chuckles.

     “Good luck.” He says and walks out of the door. I glare as I see him laugh while walking away.

 

     “Bomi! Just go already or you’re going to be late!” She heard her mom yell as employees started pilling in to get ready to open for today. I sigh and stand up. I guess he doesn’t go this way to get to school.

     I slowly walk over to the door and open it, and to my surprise Myungsoo was just walking by. My heart jumped and I instantly smiled. He sees me and for some reason he looked slightly shocked… maybe it was just my imagination.

 

     “Myungsoo, good morning.” I say and walk up next to him and smile. He doesn’t say anything and continues to walk. I quickly follow after.

     The snow was still falling and I couldn’t help but smile.

 


 

No one’s POV

     “It’s pretty isn’t it?” She asks hoping that he will respond, even if it’s a slight noise. “I really like the snow! It’s my favorite!”  She says as he continues to ignore her. “It reminds me of L. He liked the snow a lot too.” She giggles a little thinking about it.

     Myungsoo looks to his side a little and blinks a few times before looking forward again.

     “Whenever it snowed he would always drag me to the park so we could play.” She giggles again. “He was so mean though! He always wanted to have snow ball fights and he would always throw them so hard! One time it hit me in the face and I started to cry. He ran over and instead of saying sorry he yelled, “Don’t cry you idiot! Your tears will turn to ice!”’ She laughs loudly thinking about it.

     “Then I started to cry even harder so he bought me a steamed bun and told me not to cry anymore because he hated it.” She smiles to herself. “Aiyo! He tried to hide it but I know he was worried! He must have liked me a lot!” She says and smiles proudly. Myungsoo smiles slightly and mentally scoffs.

 

     “Actually… you remind me of him.” She says while blushing. Myungsoo’s expression instantly freezes. “You both do whatever you want and drive me crazy. Your attitudes are similar too.  Your faces too… Your eyes are the same… but I’d say you are more handsome then L. But he was friendlier… he never ignored me… he would always respond even if it was an insult… or a glare…”  She continued to talk and didn’t notice the sigh Myungsoo gave.

    “My mom really liked him too.” Once she said that he instantly furrowed his eyebrows. “My dad too.” She giggles as his expression gets worse. “I think they would have liked you too.” She says and smiles warmly… But that’s interrupted by Myungsoo’s angry expression.

 

     “I don’t know why you keep talking like I care.” He says harshly. He sighs deeply. “This is why I like to keep to myself. If you help people they immediately think that we’re friends or that I care about them!” he yells and turns around to hide his faltering expression. She stares at him on the verge of crying.

     “Myung…”

     “Just, leave me alone.” He says quietly and walks away.

 

     Bomi watches as he goes then sighs. She looks down at the lunch she made for him.

     “I guess I won’t be able to give it to him…” She sighs and bites her bottom lip to try and stop the stinging in her chest.

 

     “Bomi!” She looks up and sees Sungyeol running towards her with a big smile on his face. She smiles back.

 

     “Sungyeol.”

     “Good morning!” he beams.

     “Good morning.” She says back. He looks down and notices the two lunches.

     “What’s that?” he asks while pointing at one. She looks down and sighs. After a few seconds she smiles and holds it towards him.

     “I made too many, you want this one?” She asks. His eyes widen and so does his smile.

     “Yes!” He yells and grabs it while blushing. She giggles and starts to walk. Sungyeol follows after.

 


 

      While waiting for class to start, Sungyeol puts the lunch on his table and opens it.

      Mostly kimchi huh?... So she did make this for him… which means he didn’t accept it since he doesn’t have it… no wonder she looks a little sad… well I guess I can make my move than. I gave him a chance but he didn’t take it. I’m not going to hold back anymore.

 

      “Okay class. There are going to be no lessons today so use the time to work on the festival stuff!” She says and leaves the room as the students cheer. Some students complained about how they could have skipped then.

 

      “Oh Sungyeol! What’s this? Did you get yourself a girlfriend?” someone asks noticing the lunchbox.  Chorong looks up.

      “No, Bomi gave it to me.” He says and they instantly make wooing sounds. Chorong instantly furrows her eyebrows and looks at Bomi who looks back at her.

      “It’s not like that Chorong.” She says. Chorong sighs and nods her head.

 

      “Geez Bomi you must really like kimchi!” One of them says. She just smiles slightly and looks away. The only reason there was so much kimchi was because its Myungsoo’s favorite.

      She wished they would stop talking about it because now the whole class was interested…

 

      “What are you guys dating now?”

      “No way!”

      “I think he likes her!”

      “No he doesn’t, you guys are thinking too much!”

 

      “Actually, he’s thinking right.” Sungyeol says and the whole room goes silent. Half of the room had their mouths wide open in shock.

      “What do you mean?” Someone asks. Sungyeol smiles and looks at Bomi who had a confused expression on her face.

 

      “This wasn’t the way I wanted to say it but, I like you.” He says and everyone gasps. Bomi was the most shocked. Most of the guys made wooing sounds and a most of the girls gave glares at her.

      Her eyes instantly shoot back at Myungsoo hoping he would have some type of reaction. He was looking towards the window not caring about the situation at all… or at least that’s what Bomi thinks.

      She doesn’t notice that he heard it all… and it made him a little upset…

 


 

      Everyone was working and chatting happily to each other. Some were still talking about how shocked they were from Sungyeol’s sudden confession. Bomi didn’t say anything to him after he confessed. She had no idea what to say. Luckily she was saved by their teacher who came back in to make sure they were actually working.

 

      “Chorong, I really didn’t give it to him because I like him. I had no idea he felt that way.” Bomi says as they paint a poster. Chorong looks at her then sighs.

     “I know! That’s not even why I’m upset.” Bomi and Eunji look at her confused.

     “What do you mean Chorong?” Eunji asks.

     “It’s the fact that it doesn’t bother me! I should be mad at you! But when he said that, I didn’t feel sad at all!” She says like she can’t believe herself.

     “Do you not like him anymore?” Bomi asks.

     “I don’t know.”

     “Is there someone else you like?” Eunji asks with a slight smirk.

     “No! I will never like that playboy!” She yells. Eunji and Bomi jump slightly and laugh.

     “What playboy?” Bomi asks.

     “Neh?”  Chorong responds only now realizing what she said.

     “So there is someone!” Eunji says teasingly.

     “No!” Eunji and Bomi giggle to each other. “Aish! WHATEVER! All I know is that I don’t think I like Sungyeol anymore.” She says and continues painting. They both chuckle.

 


 

Bomi POV

     “Anyways, how’s the Myungsoo thing going?” Eunji asks. “I can’t help but notice that he has been ignoring you all day.” I sigh and looks towards him. He was hammering some wood together to make a booth with some other guys that were keeping their distance from him.

     “I think he hates me.” I say and look away.

     “No, I think that’s just jealousy because of Sungyeol.” Eunji says and giggles.

     “No… he was like that before that happened. He told me to leave him alone. He finds me annoying.” I say and put my head down.

 

     “Bomi, he doesn’t hate you.” Chorong says.

     “I agree. There is no way he hates you.” Eunji says and grabs my hand. “If he hated you, he wouldn’t defend you all the time. He wouldn’t have come to help you with the whole “ghost” thing if he hated you. He may find you annoying, but only because he likes you and it makes him feel weird.” She says and smiles.

     “Also when you told us about him helping you when you got locked in the classroom, I knew that he cared about you. Why would he be worried and go looking for you when you disappeared? And why would he hug you and comfort you if he didn’t care?” Eunji says while Chorong nods. I look up and then look at Myungsoo again.

 

      Maybe they’re right… He could just be having a hard time right now, and that’s why he’s mad… I want to believe that but, I feel like it’s because of me.

 

      “Go to lunch class!” Our teacher says and then leaves. Everyone puts down what they are doing and heads out.

 

      “I think you should tell him how you feel Bomi.” Eunji says and they both get up.

 

     “Yah! Yoon Bomi!!!” I sigh as I see Sunggyu run through the door and grab my hand. “You can’t date Sungyeol! NEVER!” He yells.

     “Yah!” Chorong yells and yanks at Sunggyu’s hair and he immediately lets go of my arm. Eunji joins in and grabs him and they start to pull him away. “Go tell him Bomi!” Chorong says as they drag him out of the class while he screams. I nod and slowly make my way to the roof.

 


 

No one’s POV

     She opens the door and sees him lying in his usual spot. She slowly makes her way over.

     “Myungsoo.” she says quietly and he opens his eyes. As soon as he sees her he sighs and gets up to leave.

     “I can’t even have the roof to myself anymore.” He says under his breath but loud enough for her to hear. She pushs away the stabbing feeling in her chest and calls out his name.

 

     “Myungsoo!” Sheyells after him just before he disappears behind the door. He stops. “Fine, I’ll leave you alone… But I have something to say to you before I do that. If I don’t, I think I will go crazy. So get past your hatred for me and listen to what I have to say… please.” She says hoping he will turn around. She hears him sigh and he slowly turn around.

     “Sit.” She says and points at one of the old chairs that were on the roof. He sighs again and shoves his hands in his pockets and sits down. She pulls up a chair in front of him.

 

     “I’m always talking to you about L… I don’t know why I do that. Something that I used to treasure just to myself I told you all about… I’m going to tell you just a little bit more.” He sighs again but she ignores it.

     “I really liked L. I wanted to be by his side forever… But it seems fate had different plans.” He furrows his eyebrows slightly but she doesn’t notice.

      “The day my mom died, was the same day his did… That day L and his dad got into an argument. I don’t know what it could have been, considering he was so young but, it was big enough to make him run away. It was snowing that day just as hard as it is now. My dad and I were out seeing a movie while my mother got a visit from L’s mom. She went to our house to see if L had gone there to hide. He of course wasn’t there so our moms went out together to find him… As they were driving a truck lost control and hit them… they both died.” Myungsoo looks away and furrows his eyes even more.

     “I told you about how I meet L on the way home and he was crying… he was crying because his mom died. And when we got home L’s dad was waiting there.” Myungsoo looks towards her with a confused expression. She doesn’t see it because she was looking at the snow falling.

     “At that time I didn’t know he was L’s dad, I only met his mom. I always asked her what his real name was but she never told me on L’s request.” She says and chuckles a little while shaking her head.

     “But that day his dad came. He told my dad what had happened… I watched as me dad broke down crying… but L’s dad wasn’t… later when I found out who he was I was shocked… how could he keep such a straight expression when his wife just died?” Myungsoo clenched his fists and bite the inside of his cheeks to stop himself from crying.

     “Of course though as I got older, I realized that not everyone reacts the same way… His dad not only had no emotions, it was like he was soul-less. Deep down I know he was in a lot of pain. He just didn’t know how he should react, so he shut down completely.”

 

     Myungsoo looks down and thinks about her conclusion. He hated his father because he showed no emotion. It was like he didn’t even care that his mother died… But her she is. She barely even knows his dad but it’s as if she knows him better than Myungsoo ever could…

 

     “When I did find out that he was L’s dad I remembered that I hadn’t seen L in a while, so that’s when I went to go look for him, which of course I wasn’t able to see him… Every day when I waited in that park to see if he would show up, I thought about what he was feeling.” Myungsoo looks back up at her.

     “It made me sad… because I know he blamed himself.” Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows even more. “That day at the park he knew that his mom was dead… but his dad asked us if we had seen him. Which means the only way he could have known that his mom was dead… Was if he had witnessed it himself.” Myungsoo’s eyes open wide in shock and he tries to stop his trembling hands and the tears that were trying to fall… but Bomi beat him to it, because she started to cry.

     “He saw them die.” she chokes out. “How must he have felt? Every time I think about it… I cry.” She says and wipes her tears.

     Myungsoo stares at her while blinking rapidly. He couldn’t believe that she understood him so well.

     “Every day I prayed that he would show up at that park… So that I could tell him that, it wasn’t his fault… It wasn’t his fault.” she says and wipes her tears more. Myungsoo bites his cheeks harder and clenches his eyes shut. He wanted more than anything to grab her and hug her tightly.

 

     He didn’t understand how he could have met someone like her… She understood him completely and not only that, she had never blamed him, nor hated him even though he hated himself.

 

 

     Ever since they were little he liked her too. He even told his mother that he was going to marry her when he got older a few days before she died. His mom laughed and agreed to it… but after that day… after he received the lucky bracelet from Bomi… he decided to never appear in front of her again. He felt it was his fault. It was his fault that their moms were dead. How could he possibly show himself in front of her again?

     He kept his promise to himself. He didn’t meet her again. He also didn’t talk to other people or made any friends. When you can lose people so easily, why risk the pain? He was able to not make himself care about anyone or anything. Not even about the rumors that sprung up because of the way he acted. He didn’t care.

     But then in fifth grade, she showed up again. He couldn’t believe it. He tried to still ignore her but he couldn’t. All of those old feelings came rushing back… So he decided just to watch over her… but his feelings grew stronger. She was so nice even though everyone told her the rumors about him. She didn’t believe them. She would always defend him and she would always talk to him. And if there were any group projects, she would always make sure to partner with him.

    Whether it was pity or she really did enjoy his company… It didn’t matter to him. All he knew was that she didn’t change a bit from when they were younger… and it made him feel at ease. The one thing he worried about the most was that she would lose her lovable nature because of what happened… and she didn’t.

 

 

     Bomi wipes her tears away and gets a hold of herself.

     “I still hope that I can meet him again to tell him that. I want to tell him how I felt about him, and how valuable he is to me. But, even if I were to meet him, and he told me he felt the same way, and that he still does… I wouldn’t be able to accept his feelings.” Myungsoo looks up at her as he feels a stinging in his chest.

     “I would never be able to accept his feeling anymore… because there is someone else that I like.”

     Myungsoo’s parts his mouth slightly and gives a worried/nervous expression but quickly hides it. He immediately thought of Sungyeol…

 

     “I fell for someone… He is such an though! He ignores me and always yells… but he can be so sweet that I can barely keep my heart in my chest. He’s very handsome and cool but has a cute side if you take the time to observe him. He’s lazy too! He makes me do all the work while he sits in his desk and sleeps.” Myungsoo stares at her intensely as his heart beat rises. She smiles.

     “Everyone says he’s a bad person but I know that’s not true. And I know he tells me he hates my presence all the time, but I know that’s not true.” She finally looks at him and stares directly into his eyes as he stares back.

     “Ever since fifth grade he was always defending me when people talked badly. Of course I didn’t realize that until now. I may be ranked 1st in academics but I’m not all that smart.” She smiles softly. “Whenever I’m scared, he’s there. Whenever I need help, he’s there…” She takes a deep breath.

 

 

     “I like you, Kim Myungsoo.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

Sorry for te super late update! I have so much school work it's rediculous... =(

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!