Who cares about rules?

I fell for a jerk!

 

Bomi POV

I know I don’t have to worry about him liking Naeun but there is nothing stopping her from liking him.

He’s handsome, cute, sweet when he wants to be, smart, nice body, gorgeous eyes, he’s warm, gentle… and I need to stop before I start hyperventilating…

My point… He’s amazing and I don’t want her to notice just how amazing he is.

 

“What are you thinking?” 

I come out of my thoughts and look at Myungsoo who is looking at me questioningly as we walk back to class.

“Nothing.” I respond quickly. He’ll just accuse me of picking fights again if I tell him. “Hey… umm… Can you stay tonight? I still have a week left of cleaning duty and don’t want to stay behind alone.”

“I thought Chorong had to stay behind also.”

Man I forgot about that! I feel like he had that ready to say to me already…

“Yeah… but, she will most likely hang around Hoya.” I say hoping it’s enough to convince him. I hear what I think is a snort.

“Don’t want to.” He says and walks in front of me.

“Please!” I beg and grab his arm. He sounds his annoyance and tries to break free of my grip. “Please!”

“No!”

“Please!!!”

 


 

“You really won’t stay?” I ask with puppy eyes to Myungsoo after schools over. He completely ignores me like a jerk and gets up and leaves. I pout and sigh.

“Forget that tool Bomi I’ll help you!” Sunggyu yells and runs in.

“Why don’t we all stay and do it? It would be fun if it was all of us.” Eunji pitches in. I nod profusely because I really don’t want to clean with Sunggyu alone.

“I’m in! I finally have some free time.” Sungyeol says happily. I smile back at him and look towards the other side of the room to see if Sungjong wanted to stay too but he wasn’t there… when did he slip out?

“You staying too Naeun?” I ask. She smiles and nods.

I’d much rather clean by myself if it meant Myungsoo would have stayed but at least now it won’t take as long.

We all look towards the door as out teacher walks in.

 

“Forget about the cleaning for today guys there’s a blizzard coming. I don’t want you guys caught in it so go home.”

“Yes!” I yell excitedly and everyone laughs.

“Yeah, yeah just go home already. Be careful.” She says to us with a smile and waves before leaving.

 

 


 

 

“Thanks for walking me home guys you really didn’t need to do that.” I say to Sungyeol and Sunggyu as we reach the restaurant.

“Anything for my love.” Sunggyu says and tries to hug me.

“Go home.” I say completely unamused.

“Bye Bomi.” Sungyeol says and waves.

“Go home safe.” I wave goodbye to both of them and go inside. I go and sit by the window and look out at the heavy snow falling and of course, Myungsoo is all over my mind. I smile shyly and giggle.

“Did he get home safe?” I ponder to myself. After a few seconds of thinking I take out my phone and call him.

 

After a few times calling him he doesn’t answer.

“He’s not on the roof is he?” I wonder and become worried.

After a few minutes of pacing back and forth I put on my coat and boots, grab my umbrella and head towards school.

 


 

“They closed the gates already? Maybe he isn’t there then.” I wonder and debate a bit before climbing over the gates and head towards the school doors… which of course were locked.

I walk around the school until I find an open window and climb in.

 

 

I get to the roof and sigh in relief that the door wasn’t locked and sure enough there he is lying down. How can he just lay there and not even be worried about the weather?

“Myungsoo.” I say and shake his arm a few times. He opens his eyes.

“What?” He mumbles sleepily.

“There’s a blizzard coming it’s not safe let’s go. The school was cleared out about an hour ago didn’t anyone come up here?”

He shakes his head and gets up and shivers. I smile and instinctively bring my hand up to brush the snow out of his hair.

 

 

We get outside and he closes the window.

“You know, breaking in is against the law.”

“Nothing was broken so technically I didn’t break in.” He chuckles and instantly any coldness I was feeling vanished. “Besides… it’s their fault for not checking the school before locking it down.”

 

He climbs over the gate first and I go after. Once on the other side he grabs my legs and helps me down.

“Thank you.” I say as my heart practically explodes.

 

 

 

As we walk I keep staring at his pocket. I can’t even explain how much I want to hold his hand right now… it’s killing me.

“My hands are freezing.” I say while side glancing him. I mentally sigh because obviously he won’t react to something like that. We’re almost to my house so I decide to just say it and force my hand into his coat pocket and grab his hand.

“What are you doing?” He asks, a hint of shock in his voice.

“My hands are cold.” I repeat.

“Then put them in your own pocket.”

“My pocket is cold.”

He sighs and I smile. He tries to remove his hand from mine but I hold on tighter.

“We’re almost to my house just let me for a bit longer.” I say while giggling. He sighs in protest but gives in. “Besides, isn’t it nice to share this?” I ask cutely and shake the umbrella a bit. He looks at it and scoffs in disinterest. I giggle and walk closer to him. The entire walk I couldn’t stop smiling.

 

All my happy moments immediately crash when I see Sungjong standing in front of Hyuna in the restaurant.

“The .” I say under my breath and get ready to go in there and slap the crap out of her.

“Don’t.” Myungsoo says and grabs my hand. “He can handle it.” He turns me to look at him. I bite my bottom lip and try to calm down. He starts pulling me away.

“Where are you taking me?” I ask.

“Somewhere else for a bit.” He says and puts his hand holding mine into his pocket, tightening his grip.

 


 

 

“What’s this place?” I ask excitedly as we stand in front of a tented outdoor vendor.

“I always come here.” He says with a small smile on his face. I immediately smile. Happiness rushes over me just thinking about how he brought me here. He starts pulling me towards it and goes inside and sits down.

“Hey Myungsoo.” The owner says with a smile. She freezes and gives a shocked expression. “Is this your girlfriend?!” She practically squeals and runs over to us. “Oh my she is so beautiful.” She says and I smile widely.

“We look good together right?” I say excitedly and she nods profusely as Myungsoo sighs and shakes his head.

“She’s not my girlfriend can you just get us some food?” he says and sits down. I pout but smile anyways.

“Stay strong, he’s a big softy.” The lady says and I smile and nod before sitting down.

“I like this place.” I say and he rolls his eyes.

“Of course you do.” He says under his breath.

“It’s nice.” He ignores me and yawns. I smile and put my arms on the table and rest my head in my hands and stare at him. “So is this your secret hide out?”

“Something like that.”

“Am I the only one who knows about your hideout?” I ask, hopeful.

“No.” he says quickly… way to crash my feels L…

“Who else knows?” I ask.

“Just Sungyeol.” I immediately smile.

“He’s family so it doesn’t count.” I say excitedly, unable to hide my obvious happiness. He scoff chuckles at me and shakes his head. I sigh as I watch him smile… he has such a warm smile. “I really like you.” He stops smiling and sighs.

“So I’ve heard.” He says and rolls his eyes.

“You have a warm smile. I hope I can see it every day.” He ignores me and looks out the window. I just smile and continue to stare at him.

I can’t wait for the day he finally tells me he’s L… I hope that day comes soon.

 

 

After we’re done eating I sigh happily.

“That was really good.” I say happily. He sighs and passes a napkin to me.

“You’re messy.” He says with a slight smile. I giggle and wipe my mouth.

 

“You guys might want to head home now. It’s gotten real bad out there.” The lady says worriedly. Myungsoo gets up and looks outside. He walks back over and grabs my hand.

“Let’s go before it gets worse.” He says hurriedly. I nod and stand up. We bow to the lady and make our leave.

“Wow.” I say as we step outside. “I can’t believe how bad it got that quickly.” I say as the heavy snow falls. The ground covered at least a couple inches more with snow.

“Let’s go.” He says and grips my hand tighter pulling me out into it.

As we walk I slip a few times and he catches me.

“Be careful.” He says while grabbing my waist to support me.

 

 

 

After what seemed like forever we finally reach the restaurant.

“Get inside and warm up.” He says and starts to leave but I grab his hand.

“No! You’re not going anywhere in this just stay here until it gets better.” I say very reluctant to let him go out alone in this.

“I’ll be fine.” He says and smiles but I don’t let go.

“Myungsoo we barely made it here. You’re not leaving.” I say more sternly. He sighs but before he could protest again my mother walks out.

“Bomi! Where have you been I’ve been worried sick!” She says but calms a bit when she sees Myungsoo.

“It’s my fault, sorry.” Myungsoo says and bows.

“No it’s ok. Come on in Myungsoo.” She says with a smile.

“It’s ok, I better get home.”

“No I can’t let you do that, it’s much too dangerous. You can stay here.” She says and grabs his shoulder and pulls him inside. He reluctantly agrees and stops refusing. “Let’s head upstairs I’ve made them hot chocolate.” She says as we take off our jackets and shoes.

I furrow my eyebrows.

“Them?” I repeat and go upstairs. When we reach the living room I see Namjoo and Sungjong sitting down at the coffee table. I sigh in relief and smile.

“Bomi!” Namjoo says happily.

“Namjoo, what are you doing here?” I ask as I give her a pat on the head.

“Oh, I came over to ask you something but you weren’t here so I decided to wait and then the storm got to bad so now I can’t leave.” She says a bit too quickly and I could sense something was off.

“Are you ok?” I ask her but I don’t need to ask anymore when the last person I ever want to see walks in from the bathroom.

“Hey Bomi.” Hyuna says with a smile that I want to rip off.

“What the hell is she still doing here?” I ask angrily to my mother who drags me out of the room.

 

“I couldn’t just throw her out in that weather… despite things…”

“Despite things? Despite the fact that she is a total that I would like very much to beat the out of?”

“Bomi, watch your language. I may not like her, none of us do, but I can’t allow someone to be going anywhere in that.” She says while pointing to the blizzard outside. “If I kick her out then I have to kick Namjoo and Myungsoo out which is not gonna happen so deal with it.

“You don’t have to kick her out, I will.” I say and try to go back but she grabs my arm.

“Stop it… It was Sungjong that suggested it.”

“What?” I ask in complete disbelief.

“I think he wants to prove to her, to us and to himself, that she is nothing but a memory that no longer affects him.”

“What if she still does affect him?”

“Then at least he’ll know and we’ll know where he’s at.” I sigh not liking the situation. I’d rather just lock her in the room for the night so none of us have to see her. “Now go clear some space out in your room so the girls have a place to sleep.”

“If you think I’m gonna let Hyuna sleep in my room…”

“Bomi stop, if she’s in your room she can’t wander.”

“Good point.” I say and sigh again. “Fine… but there are no promises that I won’t punch her at some point.”

 

I walk out into the living room and drill an intense glare into the back of Hyuna’s head.

“Bomi.” My glare breaks when Namjoo calls out my name. I smile and sit down next to her.

“Did you let your parents know where you are?” I ask her.

“Yeah, they were worried but they want to thank your mom, where is she?”

“She went down stairs to finish closing everything up.”

“Okay.” She says with a smile and goes down stairs.

I once again glare at Hyuna as she chuckles.

“You guys act like sisters.”

“Of course, that’s what I want.”

“What? Are you going to force your brother to marry her?”

“I’m going trust my brother to choose someone he loves and someone who loves him and will treat him right. If he doesn’t end up loving her then of course I won’t force it. But I most definitely will never allow that person to be you.”

“What if he loves me?”

“That won’t ever happen.” She chuckles again and leans forward.

“And what makes you so sure.” I lean forward also and smirk.

“Because my brother doesn’t like dirty es.”

“Excuse me?”

“Are your ears clogged?” I ask arrogantly as she bites her lip in anger.

 

We continue glaring at each other even when I feel a light kick on my leg.

“Where’s the bathroom?” Myungsoo asks.

“Down the hall.” I say while continuing to stare daggers at Hyuna.

“Show me.” He says and I finally break the stare.

“What?”

“I said show me where the bathroom is.” He repeats and grabs my hand pulling me up from the seat and towards the hallway. He pulls me into the bathroom and locks the door behind us.

 

“What are you doing?” She asks nervously. He doesn’t respond. “I-If you knew where it was why did you ask?” she asks with sigh and tries to leave.

“I guessed.” He says and leans against the door so she can’t leave.

“What are doing? Move.” She asks and tries to push him away but he doesn’t budge.

“Hul… You’re always going ‘I like you I! I like you Myungsoo!’, and now you act as if you don’t know that we are both alone in small bathroom with the door locked.” He says with a smirk and crosses his arms.

“Who said I didn’t notice?” She asks and he stops smirking. “How could I not? You held my hand which is still tingling. You pulled me into the bathroom which still has my heart racing beyond belief. You won’t let me leave so my face is burning up and my throat is going dry. It feels like the temperature went up a hundred degrees and my skin is goose bumped.” He uncrosses his arms.

“Okay I get it.” He says and tries to open the door but this time she puts her hand on the door blocking him from leaving.

“I want to hug you and kiss you right now.” She says quietly as he tries to open the door again. “Even though the only thing I should be thinking about is protecting Sungjong against that , my heart won’t let me. All of my heart is selfishly thinking about you.”

“Bomi…”

“It keeps shaking, with excitement and nervousness… and fear. Fear that you won’t accept it.” She mumbles and looks into his eyes which were furrowed.

 

She should stop and let him leave… but instead she steps closer to him. His grip in the door knob gets tighter. She brings her free hand up and touches his cheek then takes her other hand off the door and puts it on his other cheek. She stares into his eyes as she slowly pulls his face closer to hers. The intense look in his eyes waver.

He could open the door right now and leave… but he’s not. She stares at him and wonders if he is finally going to accept her. Is he finally going to stop blaming himself?

Her heart flings upside down and out when he closes his eyes.

She wonders if it’s ok. Is it ok to just kiss him? He’s allowing her to… Right? He won’t avoid her more if she does this… right? What if he regrets it? What if he regrets it… and avoids her?

She closes her eyes and continues pulling him. The sound of her heart pounding filling her ears.

 

He opens his eyes slightly. His eyes shift from her eye lashes to her lips and back.

He wants to kiss her… he wants to hold her. But just like Bomi, he wonders if he should. Is it ok to just forget everything and accept her?

He will admit that he has faltered many times by talking to her, smiling at her… laughing with her… and like just now, being playful with her.

Is it ok to be selfish and forget everything.  Every second he spends with her… the more and more he wants to ignore his own rules.

 

Their noses touch and he starts to close his eyes again when the lights suddenly go out. He quickly backs away and flutters his gaze to the wall. She slowly opens her eyes and sighs.

“The powers out.” She mumbles and slowly lets go of his face. She feels around for the drawer and pulls out a flash light and turns it on. “Well, at least now no one can see my flustered red face.” She says and giggles nervously then opens the door and leaves.

Myungsoo sighs and places the back of his head on the wall while cupping his face into his hands. He sighs and thinks that it must be a sign. A sign that he is not allowed to have her.

He clenches his fists and tries to force out the thoughts that were saying… who cares about signs?

Who cares about rules?

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!