Rumors

I fell for a jerk!

No ones POV

     Eunji and Chorong watch as Bomi leave.

     “Do you think we were too harsh?” Chorong asks Eunji.

     Eunji nods. “Maybe it’s like what you said, if I like Dongwoo then he can’t be that bad, maybe it’s the same with her and Myungsoo. Maybe he’s not that bad either.”

     “It could be, there wasn’t any evidence that the rumors are true, but he never denies them! And he’s always mean so it’s hard to tell.” Chorong says. They both sigh deep in thought.

     “What are you guys thinking so hard about?” They look up and see Sungyeol standing in front of them. Chorong instantly starts smiling.

     “Girl stuff.” Eunji says smiling. He smiles and nods his head knowing not to go any further. He looks around like he’s looking for someone. “Are you looking for someone?”

     “Actually I’m looking for Bomi.” They both look at him mysteriously.

     “Why?” Chorong asks.

     “Ah, I need to ask her something. Do you know where she his?”

     “She just went outside.” Eunji says.

     “Ah, thanks!” he smiles and heads outside.

    “What do you think that is about?” Eunji asks.

    “I don’t know.” Chorong responds with a worried expression.


 

     Sungyeol was walking around looking for Bomi when he saw her talking to Sunggyu.

     “What’s going on?” he said to himself. Worriedly, he started to go over but then saw her slap him on the cheeks. He watches as she says something to Dongwoo and then walks away. “Were they giving her trouble?” he says and then runs after her.

     “Bomi!” he yells. She turns around.

     “Oh, Sungyeol! What are you doing out here?” she asks.

     “Are you okay?” he asks worriedly.

     “What are you talking about?” she asks with a confused expression.

     “I saw you talking to Sunggyu. Was he giving you trouble.”

     “Ahh, not really. He just lost his mind or something, but I straightened him out.” He looks at her confused but decides to drop it. He nods his head.

     “That’s good.” He says smiling. Bomi smiles back. They stand there for a few seconds before Bomi says something.

     “Was there something else that you wanted?”

     “Ah, neh.” He says, remembering why he was looking for her. “Did Myungsoo do something to you? You seem to be pissed at him.”

     “ Psh! Yeah! He left me alone yesterday to do all of the work!” She says thinking about it and getting angry.

     “Ahh, well if you want, I could stay after and help you clean.”

     She raises her eyebrows. “No you don’t have to do that!”

     “It’s okay I don’t mind!” he says with a smile.

     “No don’t worry about me!” she says. She clenches her fists and raises them in a Fighting! stance. “I’m determined to make that jerk work! So you don’t have to worry! Whether he likes it or not, he’s going to help!” she says and then walks away.

      Sungyeol sighs with a slightly disappointed look on his face. He heads back towards the cafeteria.

      He gets in line to get his food and on his way to sit down someone comes up to him.

      "Sungyeol!"

      "Yeah?"

      "Did you hear the rumors about Bomi?" they ask. he raises his eyebrows.

      "No... what is it?" he asks becoming worried.


 

Bomi POV

      I decide to go back to the classroom to finish eating. I walk in and see Myungsoo eating some type of bun. Great, the one day he decides not to go to the rooftop. He looks at me and breathes in deep and makes a little noise I think was supposed to be a grunt then looks away.

     I scoff and sit down. I should be the one to react that way. I remember what happened in the cafeteria.

     “Sorry.” I say without looking at him.

     He looks at her a little surprised. “For what? Blaming me because you’re paranoid?”

     “No, for something else. And I’m not paranoid.”

     “Then for unnecessarily hitting me in the head? And you are very paranoid.”

     “No, for something other than that, and believe me, I’m not paranoid.”

     He sighs. “Whatever. What exactly are you sorry for?”

     “You’ll find out soon enough.” I turn around to look at him. I scrunch my face a little thinking about it and sigh. “Part of what you hear is true and the other part, which shouldn’t be too hard to tell which, is NOT true. Theycompletely misunderstood.” I say and turn back around. I don’t know why I was beating around the bush, but it is probably because if more people are around when he hears it, he won’t kill me.

     He scrunches his face confused. “What the hell are you talking about?”

     Just then a group of girls were walking just outside the classroom.

     “Did you hear about Bomi?” I freeze. Man I must have the worst luck today! Just continue walking and speak lower damn it!

     “No what about her?” Great now they’re talking louder! I turn around and look at Myungsoo cautiously. He was looking towards the door in their direction.

     “She likes Myungsoo!” ! He looks at me.

     “Yeah and they are dating!” Oh. My. God. His facial expression turns the sour. I start shaking my head ferociously.

     “I told you! It is a complete misunderstanding! I told them it wasn’t true and they didn’t believe me! They made it up on their own!” I say in a panicked tone I had planned on not being around when he found out! He slowly gets out of his chair. Great! I’m done for! I should have bolted out of the room when I had the chance!

      As he is right in front of me I flinch my eyes shut and wait for a blow, but instead I hear the door slam open. The girls in the hall scream.

     “M-m-Myungsoo!” one of them stutters in complete horror. I get up and go to the doorway and see him standing in front of them on the other side of the hallway. There were three of them and they were leaning back against the window trying to be as far away from him as possible.

     “Who started it?” he asked calmly.

     “S-s-started what?” one of them asked.

     “The little lie you were just talking about.”

     “B-bomi said it.” I open my mouth in shock. I didn’t say that!

     Myungsoo smirks. “That’s funny. So Bomi told this to you?”

     “Well, not exactly but…”

     “Who exactly did then?”

     “I heard it from someone else.”

     “Oh, someone else? So you didn’t hear it from her directly, so you just assumed it was true because “someone else” said it was? Do you know how to think for yourself? Or are you just too busy trying to be cool that you don't care about being perceived as a liar?” the girl he was talking too looked like she was about to cry. He is going too far!

     I walk over and stand in between them “Myungsoo it’s not their fault!” I say. “Like I told you it was a misunderstanding. The rumor isn't even that bad.” well it was bad, but it wasn't horrible!

     He scoffs. “You’re so naive. That’s why it’s so easy for people to spread rumors about you.”

     I huff and roll my eyes. I bite my bottom lip trying not to get any madder than what I was. "And what about you? Do you even know the rumors that are going around about you?” he squints his face a little. “What? Should I be like you? Never smile? Never talk to people? Always look scary? What good did that do for you?!”

     He just stands there and doesn’t change his expression. “Why aren’t you answering me?” I ask.

     He lets out a small sigh and then walks away. 

     I sigh and watch. I turn around to the girls who were still standing there. “I’m sorry.” I say to them.

     “No we’re sorry. We jumped to conclusions. It just seemed like it could be true.”

     I get a little taken aback by this. “Why?” I ask.

     “Because you guys seem close.”

     “Us?” I ask completely confused. “What gives you that idea?”

     “Well just the way he treats you, and the way you’re not scared of him.”

     I laugh. “Well I have known him for a long time and he really isn't as scary as you think. And I think you guys are confused. He treats me like everyone else.”

     One of them laughs a little. “You don’t seem to notice this but, he doesn’t go out of his way for others and he does for you.”

     “What are you talking about? He doesn’t go out of his way to help anyone! Especially not me! He’s a lazy !”

     “Bomi, do you honestly think he would come out here to confront us if the rumor was only about him?” I look at her confused. “He obviously came out here because of you! There are rumors every day about him and he doesn't care. So what's different about this time?" she asks. "It's you."

     I shake my head. “I’m pretty sure he is pissed at me right now.” I tell them. He just walked away all angry!

     “Well duh! He was defending you and you attacked him!” she says and a laughs.

     I pause and think about it a little then brush it off. I shake my head again. “Trust me he wouldn’t do that!”

     The girls laugh and smack their heads.

     “Just forget about it! Pretend you didn’t hear anything!” they say and walk away. One of them turns around. "You might want to apologize to him." she smiles and turns back around.

     What the hell? They tell me something completely ridiculous, making me feel guilty and then walk away? I start thinking about what they say. Maybe I was too harsh on him? Although what I said was true... Was he defending me?

     *doo-geun*

     "Ohh!" I shake my head and slap my face. "Whatever! There is no way that jerk was defending me!" I say to myself and walk back in the classroom.

     *doo-geun*

     I put my hand over my chest.

     "And why the hell is my heart beating fast?!"


 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like!