Lost Puppy

I fell for a jerk!

No one’s POV

   “Myungsoo! Thank you so much for coming!”

   “It’s no problem Mrs. Lee.”

   “Oh my! Bomi’s friends usually call me Mrs. Yoon.”

   “I know she’s adopted so naturally that isn’t your last name.”

   “She would be happy that you pay that much attention. She always felt bad when people called me Mrs. Yoon. She thinks it burdens me, but, that’s not true. I like it.” She says and they look towards Bomi who was serving everyone drinks.

    Myungsoo narrows his eyes once he sees Sunggyu grabbing her wrist. He clenches his fists when he wraps his other hand around her waist. It was only seconds until it changed into a pleased one when she slaps him in the face. The same couldn’t be said for her mother who was clenching her fist and gritting her teeth.

    “Enjoy your meal Myungsoo. I have a little rat that’s in desperate need of a lesson.” She says and quickly heads towards Sunggyu.

 


 

    Myungsoo can’t help put look at her. The only times he would look away is when she would glance over at him. He could tell she was being cautious of him.  He sighs and rubs his head.

    He doesn’t want to make her do this but, he just can’t be with her.


 

    “Bomi, take the trash out!”

    “Neh!” Bomi says and immediately empties the trash bins. Myungsoo watches as she walks through the door. There were three guys just outside that started whispering and smirking to each other as she walked past. They started to follow her.

     Myungsoo immediately got up and follows after.

 

     “Hey sweetie. Want a free ride?”

     “Excuse me?” Bomi asks feeling annoyed and disgusted. She tries to walk past but they block the way.

     “Oh come on, show us a good time!”

     “Leave me alone you creep!” She yells while they grab her.

     “HEY!”

 

     Before they could react Myungsoo goes in between them and pushes Bomi behind him.

     “Myungsoo.”

     “Stay behind me Bomi.” He says gently. She nods and immediately grabs his hood like she did at school when she thought there was a ghost.

     “Oh? Is this the boyfriend? What a handsome guy.”

     “I doubt they’re dating. Her looks don’t fit his. She probably follows him around like a lost puppy!” They all start to chuckle. Bomi lowers her eyes slightly. “Hmm? Judging by her expression, I guess it’s true!” they start to laugh at her.

     “You guys have had your fun. Now get out of her before I kick your .” Myungsoo says extremely pissed off at them for making fun of her.

     “Whatever! We just thought she would be a quick bang! But all this drama is not worth it! Clingy girls are annoying!” They snort and walk off.

 

     “s.” Myungsoo hisses and turns to Bomi. “Are you okay?”

     She sighs and puts on a smile.

     “Yeah... We should go back in.” She walks past him. He could tell she was affected by what they said. He wanted to turn back and go kick their but didn’t want her to worry.

 

     “BOMI!” As soon as she walks in Sunggyu runs up her and kneels on the floor.

     “What are you doing?”

     “I’M SORRY! I DIDN’T MEAN TO VIOLATE YOUR PERSONAL SPACE! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!” He yells desperately.

     “What in the hell?” she asks as everyone laughs at him. She looks up towards her mother and sees her snarling at him. She sighs wishing she would have just left him alone, because now he is even more annoying.

 


 

Bomi POV

     The days leading up to the Christmas Festival went by quickly. Almost as quickly as the Festival itself. I really hate the fact that it’s Christmas but it’s still required for students to show up and actually work. Isn’t the whole point of a festival to enjoy it? And I don’t understand why there’s one held on Christmas, and then it’s held again today on New Year’s Eve? It’s like they want us to celebrate the New Year, but never forget you still have freaking school! Why can’t they just choose one day and celebrate both?

     Or maybe I’m just upset because I haven’t had any time to be with Myungsoo. Not to mention Sunggyu is being especially persistent today since he didn’t get to see me during the Christmas one. Doesn’t he have something to do for his own class? I feel bad for Sungyeol though. He is in charge of the whole thing so he has no time to enjoy it at all.

 

     “Bomi! Our shift is over! Let’s go have fun!” Eunji exclaims and grabs my hand.

     “Aren’t you going to spend time with Dongwoo?”

     “He’s not done for another hour.” I nod my head and look around.

     “Where’s Chorong?”

     “I don’t know. She said she needed to do something and ran off.”

     “Do you think it’s this new person she’s interested in?”

     “Probably.” I sigh and link my arms with hers.

     “Everyone one is having so much luck except for me. You have Dongwoo, Chorong has this mystery person, and here I am desperately chasing after Myungsoo.”

     “It’s okay Bomi, it’ll happen.”

     “I’m not so sure.”

     “It will, I have a gut feeling.” I smile at her.

     “I hope so.”

 


 

No one’s POV

     “Are you looking for me my love?” Hoya asks in a husky voice behind her. Chorong jumps and immediately blushes.

     “W-what? No!” she says trying to hide the fact that she was peeking in his classroom to look for him.

     “You don’t have to stand out here and look in secretly. We are already dating. There is no need to hide your love for me.” She blushes even redder as her heart pounds against her chest.

     “You don’t know what you’re talking about!” She yells. He ignores her and grabs her hand.

     “You are so cute when you get embarrassed.” He says with a smirk and kisses her cheek then starts to drag her somewhere. She touches her tingling cheek and smiles lightly.

 

     He brings her to the bleachers at the baseball field. They climb to the top and he pulls out a blanket from his bag and places it on the bench. Then he takes out another one and tells her to sit down, then places it over her legs. She blushes and thinks about how kind he is.

     "Why did you bring me here?"

     "In the spring I'll be spending a lot of time here.”

     "You play baseball?" She asks and realizes she doesn't know anything about him. He smiles and nods.

     “I would like it if you would come to my games and, if it’s not too much trouble, come to some of my practices and watch me.” he says nervously.

     “Are you nervous right now?” she asks amused and absolutely squealing internally at how cute he is.

     “D-don’t laugh!” he stutters and his face gets red.

     This whole time she wasn’t sure if he was serious about her or just fooling around, but all that doubt was washed away by the expression on his face.

     She smiles tenderly then leans over and kisses his cheek.

     His eyes go wide and his face burns up. Chorong clears .

     “What?” She asks like it was completely normal that she kissed him. After a few more seconds he finally starts breathing again.

     “SO YOU DO LIKE ME!” He yells happily.

     “Shut up!” She giggles back and playfully hits him. He grabs her arm and pulls her into a kiss. Right at the moment the first firework bursts in the sky.

 


 

Bomi POV

     “Bye Bomi!”

     I smile and wave as Dongwoo takes Eunji somewhere undoubtedly romantic.

     “Lucky!” I yell and stick my tongue out at them when they turn a corner.

 

     I wander around school and secretly give bitter glances at couples who walk by.

     I smile when I see Namjoo following Sungjong around like a puppy. It’s so cute!

     Before he would get really annoyed and yell at her but now he just lets it happen. I think he might be falling for her but he probably won’t even notice. He needs to figure it out soon though because someone is going to come along and take her away and he’s going to regret it!

 

     She probably follows him around like a lost puppy!

 

     I replay what that jerk said the other day. I look back at Namjoo and my heart aches… What’s wrong with a lost puppy?  

     To be able to gather the courage to tell someone you like them, and to display it every day in the hopes the feelings will be returned, is amazing.

     Kept fighting for your love Namjoo! And I’ll keep fighting for mine!

 

 

     I head towards the roof because that is most definitely where Myungsoo will be.

     “Of course he’s sleeping.” I giggle and walk over to him. He looks so peaceful. I don’t understand how he can sleep so comfortably in this cold.

     I sigh and place my blanket I had wrapped around my legs over him. He shifts his body a bit and something falls out of his hand. I kneel down to pick it up and almost have a heart attack.

     I immediately check my wrist… it’s there… I’m wearing my bracelet…

     After a few seconds of staring I gasp and fall over. With shaking hands I pick it up… and there right on one of the beads is my initials… There is no mistake… h-he…he’s…

 

 

     “L.” I whisper and tears immediately fall and I clamp my hands over my mouth.

 

     All this time and he never told me… I mean, he reminded me of L so much but he didn’t react when I told him about him.

     I’m so happy… I’m happy that he’s L but… my heart feels like it’s ripping apart… because I was right… he does blame himself for what happened… and this whole time he knew who I was and never told me. And I kept on bothering him… like a constant reminder. And he’s kept it to himself, probably to protect me.

 

 

     After a few minutes of pulling myself together, I take his hand and but the bracelet back in it and clamp it shut.

     I’ll pretend like I never saw it. If I were to tell him, he would definitely never see me again and disappear… I can’t let that happen. I fell in love with him twice and call me selfish, but there’s no way I’m going to let go of him… not now. I’ll keep it a secret until he tells me… I’ll protect him like he protected me.

 

*KA~BOOM!!!*

 

     A flash of light bursts behind me and I immediately get up and face towards the erupting fireworks. I can hear Myungsoo moving behind me and quickly wipe my eyes one more time to get whatever’s left.

 

     “Bomi?”

     I turn around and see him ruffling his hair and squinting as more firework go off. I smile at him and grab his free hand and pull him up. I side glance at him and watch as he hurriedly shoves it in his pocket.

     “Isn’t it pretty?” I ask and look back at the fireworks.

     He doesn’t answer, and to my surprise, he doesn’t make me let go of his hand either.

     I can’t even begin to explain how happy that makes me.

 

 

 

 


a/n: i know! super late update! ( つ﹏╰) *hides in shame

 

 

Hope you liked the chapter!

Leave some feedback!

Subscribe if you like it!

 

Happy Birthday Kim Myungsoo!!!