EXO High: Speculations

EXO High

 


 
Kai's POV~
 

 

I came home the next morning from the hospital.  Kyungsoo and Suho fetched me and sent me back to our dorm.

 
The dorm felt cozy.  I was very glad I was back and away from the hospital.  It felt really boring back there and I felt more weak the more I stayed there. 
 
I felt for my bed as I sat on it.  "Good to be home." I smiled.  Kyungsoo went in my bedroom with Suho.  
 
"I need to leave now. I'll meet you later in school." I let Kyungsoo ruffle my hair lightly before he walked towards the door. "Bye." he waved by the door, grinning enthusiastically before disappearing in my vision.
 
I was left with Suho in the room. There he stood, with his arms folded. 
 
Due to being busy, we rarely have enough time to talk to each other even though we lived in the same room.
 
He stared at me for a while.  I pretended to be sleepy and yawned.  It felt rather awkward to have him stare at me without a word.
 
I noticed him unfolding his arms, sighing heavily.  "I'm sorry." he said.
 
"For?"
 
"well, everything."
 
I didn't respond but a confused face was probably evident in me so that Suho began to explain further.
 
"I was the one who initiated the study program.  Not only that, I took Yixing from your dance group and made him act in our drama instead.  I believe that had caused you so much pressure and stress." Suho's eyes reflected guilt  in them.
 
"Ahh, It's nothing, really.  I know you are only doing the study program for everyone's sake.  About the dance, we are done with the choreography.  We just need to polish some moves and we're ready.  My members are very helpful so far." 
 
"Also, Luhan is the one in charge for our outfits. Sehun took over Yixing's usual job in the group and helped me in teaching the steps. You really have nothing to worry about hyung."  I explained further to reassure him. 
 
The last thing I wanna do is to make him feel worried and guilty.  I needed to emphasize that I was fine and it was never his fault.
 
If he was to blame himself for all of this, I'd feel horrible. 
 
"I'm not convinced." he said, folding back his arms. His eyes said otherwise.  He looked less troubled after my explanation. But he probably felt like needing to do something to take that guilt off entirely. 
 
I grinned as I stood up from my bed, scrambling next to him and begged.
 
"Treat me then!"
 
"To what?"
 
"Anything! Food? Or a vacation!" I beamed. 
 
"Vacation huh?" he mumbled as he contemplated.   
"How about this,  either you fail or pass this year's exam, I will still allow you to join the class outing to my family's private Island. What do you say?"
 
At first, I thought it was a brilliant idea but then I pouted. 
 
"But I know I will pass the exam.  Kyungsoo taught me well. If I pass, then the "treat" will be as good as nothing."
 
"Ahh you're right. Then what about a date with Kyungsoo?"
 
"A date with–––what?!" my eyes widened the moment I realized his suggestion. I looked at him, demanding an explanation. 
 
He was giggling. 
 
"I'm just kidding.  Hmm, I'll just take you to some place. But I don't know where would that be as of now.  Give me some time to think it over, alright?"
 
"Alright."
 
"But if you want to go on a date with Kyungsoo, I wouldn't mind arranging a place for the two of you." he quickly added.
 
"hyung!" I yelled to which he burst into a laughter. 
 
"Stop teasing me! How could you even come up with that?!"
 
"I wonder how too.  It was only the two of you left in that hospital room for hours.  What could have happened before I arrived?" he said, pretending to be clueless. 
 
"hyung!" I yelled again as my cheeks felt warm.  I really did not know what happened since I was asleep.  

He never teased me with anyone else.  Hearing him come up with ridiculous ideas seemed like he really knew something.
 
Did Suho witness something while I was asleep? I wanted to know. 
 
"W-What happened in the hospital?" I asked.  I was just so curious as to why could he come up with such teases. 
 
"Did I ever mention Kyungsoo's name in my sleep?" I asked.
 
"Silly. Nope. I'm teasing you for fun.  Ahh, you need to go back to rest now.  Rest as much as you can.  I need to go back to school too. You can skip today's study program, It's fine."
 
"I'll come later, I'm alright with that."
I smiled before giving him a quick hug.  "Take a good rest. I promise, I'll treat you okay?" Suho reminded as he made his way out of the bedroom.
 
"Okay, see you later in school." I waved before he disappeared in my sight. 
 
~~~~~~
Sehun's POV~
 
"You sure you don't need me to come over?" I asked Kai from the other line.  I was already on my way to visit Kai.  I left my class earlier but since Kai said I dont need to come over, I stopped in my steps right in front of the building's entrance and decided to walk back to class while on phone with him.
 
 
I've heard that he was taken to the hospital the other day.  I was quite worried when I first heard the news.  I was relieved when they said it wasn't serious. 
 
"I'm fine.  I'm coming to school later. " Kai mentioned.  "Alright, I'll be seeing you later then." 
 
I hung up.
 
I was passing through the locker area when I noticed a figure of someone familiar. Classes were going on and it was only me and the suspicious person in the corridor.  
 
The person's back faced me, he was clearly checking on the student's lockers.  He seemed to be looking for something.  I then realized he was right in front of my locker. 
 
I was about to ask him if he needed anything but there was a sudden noise coming from a nearby room which startled him.  He immediately ran and hid behind some pillars. 
 
Finally, a few students came out of the room where the noise came from.  The figure behind the pillar kept on observing the students, as if he was waiting for something this time. Waiting for the crowd to disappear.
 
It occured to me that the figure seemed really familiar.  I could only see his back but it was very familiar.
 
 
"Luhan?" I called out. 
He stiffened but did not look back so I ran and tried to face him.
 
 "Luhan? What are you doing here? Don't you have class?" 
 
He looked terrified to see me.  Like I have caught him red-handed over something. 
 
I then remembered he was looking for something near my locker.
 
"Ah! Did you want to borrow anything in my locker?" I asked further since he couldn't seem to find words to answer.
 
"Ah, y-yes." he smiled nervously. 
"You could have just called me.  You don't need to hover around the lockers." I grabbed his hand and dragged him to where my locker was. 
 
While looking for the key in my pocket, I asked him what he wanted to borrow.
 
When I finally opened my locker, he still wasn't able to answer my question.
 
"What do you need?" 
"Just-just lend me your uniform again." he finally said. 
 
"Sure," I took my uniform and noticed an envelope as I took it out.
 
"oh? It's another one." I handed Luhan the uniform while my other hand took the letter.
 
"It's the same as the letter you got previously." Luhan stated, leaning closer. 
 
Closing my locker, I began to walk with Luhan by the corridor as we open the envelope.
 
Like I have said in the previous letter, I do like you.  Forgive me for I have no courage to face you and confess to you.  I've been liking you for a while now. And since that day that I have acknowledged my feelings for you, I have been thinking whether should I confess.  In the end, here I am, telling you that I like you. 
 
I can't face you telling all these since I am a guy.
 
You're disgusted by me, arent you? I'm sorry If that made you uncomfortable.  I just wanted to at least confess this way. 
 
I really like you.  Not because you are handsome, or tall, or talented.
 
I like you for you.  You who's been very good to me. A friend I can lean on. 
 
If you're curious who I am, You know me. I'm just a friend.  That's all I am to you.
 

 
"I told you it came from a guy." I heard Luhan say. 
 
I was quite disturbed by the fact that it really was a guy who sent me the letters. I was more than curious to know who it was. But hesitant to investigate further for I might not like what I'm to find.
 
He said he's a friend. What if it could ruin our friendship if I don't return his feelings?  What do I do?
 
Luhan suddenly patted me on my shoulder.
 
"Sehun, I'm going back to my class first.  See you later!" Luhan waved goodbye with a slight smile before running up the stairs.
 
 
That evening in sehun's dorm..
 
 
I went back to the dorm with Tao from the study program. My head was drained and even though I had my early dinner before attending the class, my stomach was grumbling with hunger. 
 
As soon as we arrived at our dorm, I plunged into the sofa, lying on my stomach.  "I'm dying soon." I said, voice was muffled.
 
I heard a noise coming from the kitchen.  I presumed Tao went to take something from our fridge as I heard the sound of it opening.
 
"Sehun, come over here."
 
"What is it?" I replied, still with a muffled voice.
 
"I've promised you last week have I not?" Tao said with a tinge of teasing in his voice.
 
"Promise?" I recollected as I raise my head from being burried in the sofa.
 
I ran towards the kitchen as soon as it hit me.
 
He did promise to make another batch of that ugly but tasty peanut  pudding.
 
 
I began to dig into the mouthwatering dish but paused to offer some to Tao.
 
"No thanks, since you're hungry, it's all for you. I'm full anyways."  
 
To be honest, I was glad he refused. It had become one of my favorites and I really needed it to fight stress.
 
I began to wonder to whom did he make the first batch for. Oh well, the food was great.  It would be a shame if I spent my time thinking than enjoying the blessing in my hands.
 
I sat in our dining area, lifted my legs and crossed them in my seat. Little did I know, something from my pocket fell on the floor.
 
"Like I have said in the previous letter, I do like you.  Forgive me for I have no courage to face you and confess to you...." I froze as I heard the rather familiar sentence read by Tao.
 
"I'm....a guy?!' Tao shrieked.
 
I didn't face Tao at all and pretended to not a hear a word.  I ate faster.
 
"A guy likes you? Who is it? oh my god and it's a friend of yours!'' Tao kept on nudging my arm as I continued to block my hearing and just ate.  I swear I would have shoved whatever was in my hand to his face but It was my favorite pudding and It would be a waste If I did that.
 
Finally, Tao abruptly stopped in his repeated and annoying questions.
 
"Wait a minute," I heard him say. 
 
"A guy, a friend of yours...and he likes you? OH MY GOD."  Tao immediately faced me from across the table.  He held my hand to stop me from eating. His eyes were more than happy.
 
"LUHAN!" he screamed.  Annoyed, I let go of his grasp from my hands and continued eating.
 
"What about Luhan? Why are you suddenly bringing up his name." I casually asked.
 
"Are you stupid or are you fool?" Tao asked.  
 
I glanced at him, his face was in disbelief.  Still, I continued to  eat.  My peanut pudding was just heavenly.  
 
"Luhan is your admirer, dimwit." he curtly said.  
 
I choked then coughed continously upon hearing Tao's words.
 
 
 
"I mean, there's no one else I could think of. You're very close to him lately." Tao explained as he went to take a glass of water for me.
 
Finally, my coughing stopped after I drank water.  I stared at Tao blankly.  Silently deciding of how should I shut his mouth which was full of rubbish and his thoughts which are very far fetched. 
 
How in this world can he think that a guy as handsome and manly as Luhan, the school's star player, would come to like me?
 
A guy like me?
 
 
a guy?
 
 
"Sehun, I'm being serious here!"
 
"I'm serious here as well.  I'll really kill you if you don't stop with your speculations, Tao." I sternly said.  
 
"B-But Sehun! Come on! just give it a thought or something! And is it really bad if Luhan liked you? Don't you like him as well?" 
 
I quickly stood from my seat with annoyance.  
 
"I can't finish the pudding anymore. You can have it. Thanks." I said without looking at Tao.  I went inside my room without a slight glance at how Tao would have looked with how I behaved rudely in front of him.  
 
 
I lay in my bed covered in thoughts.  Though I hated it, Tao's words  were repeating in my head.
 
I hated how Luhan's name echoed deep in my thoughts.  
 
Your admirer is Luhan.  Don't you like him as well?
 
 
I hated it.  I just want to punch Tao really hard right now.
 
I hated it so much because deep down inside me,  I actually wished it was Luhan.
 
 
But everytime reality kicks in, the disappointment kills me.  The way Tao insisted that it could be him was very tempting.
I wanted to believe it but in reality, what Tao was feeding me was chunk of false hopes. That's why I despise everything he said earlier.
 
"Ugh, stupid Tao." I groaned.
 
"I heard that." Tao said as he entered the room.
 
I rolled my eyes at the sight of him.  Now was really not a good time for him to talk to me.  
 
"I'm sorry.  I won't say it anymore, okay?"  Tao sincerely said.
 
I sighed heavily as I couldn't stay mad at him.  
 
I nodded and he smiled.  "I didn't eat the pudding.  I placed it back in the fridge. Feel free to eat it when you want to."
 
"Okay." 
 
 
Tao then went to his bedside and sat.  "Sehun," he called my name.
 
"Don't be angry but I'm just curious.  Where did you get the letter anyway?" 
 
I immediately shot a piercing glare at him.  
 
"N-no, I'm not gonna say any speculations of mine!  I'm just simply curious where did you get it. Just curious!"
 
Tao seemed to be telling the truth as I observed him. 
 
 
 
"Fine, I'll tell  you.  I got them from my locker." I said casually.
 
 
Locker.
 
 
My locker.
 
 
It suddenly hit me.  Earlier this afternoon, a familiar figure observed my locker suspiciously...
 
"Luhan was near my locker!" I exclaimed which had Tao surprised with my sudden outburst.
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
A/N: Allelujah sehun! hahahah He was finally enlightened.  I can't wait for the upcoming updates myself XD 
 
Hello everyone! I really missed you all! I'm very very sorry for not updating since I was busy with college.  I really apreciate everyone 
who stayed and patiently waited for my updates.  
 
Welcome new readers! :) 
 
I'm currently in my holidays! This means, more time for me to write :) Thank you again for waiting and do stay tuned since the story will get more exciting from here on.
 
Upvote, comment and subscribe this story if you think it deserves it ^_^
 
I also have another ongoing story which is rather different from this one.  It's a baekyeol fanfic. 
Genre: melodrama, (depends)

You can read it here: link