EXO High: Plans for Sunday

EXO High

 

 
Monday~ 
Sehun's POV~
 
 
I just arrived in our classroom with Kai in the morning.  Kai immediately drifted to sleep as soon as he plopped himself in his seat.  
 
I sat comfortably while thinking of this afternoon's study program.  
 
Should I continue to sit away from Luhan later? If i don't,  then Xiumin...I don't like seeing him with Xiumin.  They don't look good together.  I mean, Xiumin's my friend but they just...
 
I then saw Luhan coming in our classroom.  He looked upset.  He came nearer and finally stopped in front of my table. He took my hand and had me stand up from my seat. 
 
I let Luhan drag me towards the school backyard garden.  He finally halted and turned to me.  
 
"What's your problem?" I asked, breathing heavily.
 
"What's your  problem?" he snapped.  
 
"Nothing. None of your concern." I replied trying to sound upset as I stood straight.
I tried my hardest to wear my poker face since I really wasn't angry with Luhan like how he thought I were.
 
"Are you really going to ignore me just because of that? You're not making any sense, Sehun!" he exclaimed.  I gave him  a snob and placed my arms across my chest.   
 
"Okay, look. I'm sorry.  I'm sorry that I have been playing small pranks on you.  It's just the way I am and if you are not pleased with it, fine.  I'll try not to play pranks on you anymore.  I'll buy you all the chips you want in this world.  I'm sorry! Now cut this out"  he begged while gesturing frantically.  I was pleased.  Very pleased. 
 
My initial plan to pretend I was upset with him about the chips was for an hour only but it lasted 3 days.  I found it amusing how Luhan always had his eyes on me, wanting to talk but he couldn't.  Not that I enjoyed not being in good terms with him.   I just simply liked the attention he was giving me. That he somehow cared.  
 
"I'm sorry, Sehun.  Please, let's stop this crazy, trivial fight now." he looked at me worried.  It gave me joy that he cared about this friendship although we just knew each other.  It made me feel so glad that I meant a little something to him.  A little was enough to make me happy.
 
I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling in satisfaction. I coughed to regain my composure. I looked into his eyes again and suddenly felt sorry for those eyes I saw were really sad this time.  I felt I had been too childish with my actions and I should stop this nonsense soon. 
 
"Hmmm," I thought while he leaned closer.  He was so eager to hear me talk.  "What is it Sehun?" he urged with a hopeful smile.   "Wait, I'm still thinking." I abruptly said prior to clicking my tongue  and rolling my eyes. My fingers were tapping my chin as I pondered.
 
"I'll forgive you in one condition."
  
"What condition? I'll do anything possible.  Just stop this nonsense fi—" 
 
"Accompany me to Everland this Sunday." I blurted out with a grin, cutting his sentence.
 
"E-Everland? You mean...those with rides and rollercoaster and high rides and high stuff...adrenaline thing...Sehun?" his voice was shaking. 
 
I scrunched my face.  "Of course. What else could there be? I want to go there but Kai isn't coming with me since he has some appointment with Kyungsoo.  It would be boring if I go alone. So...so come with me."  I made the last phrase as demanding as possible but it ended sounding more like a beg.  
 
Luhan was at loss for words.  He looked disturbed in his thoughts. He turned slightly pale.  
 
"Are you coming or not?"  Luhan didn't answer.   I felt pathetic waiting for his reply.  I was expecting him to say 'yes '
immediately but with the look on his face,  it stated otherwise.  I began to feel rejected.  Before I could hear him refuse me and have me disappointed, I turned my back on him and said, "Okay, I'll take that as a no." 
 
Placing my hands in my pocket, I took a few steps away from him.  I was displeased. I frowned and sighed softly.  I felt hopeless...
 
Not until my a hand grabbed my fore arm to stop me.  I turned to see Luhan with a now determined look on his face.  "I'll go with you."  
 
My lips curved into a wide smile. 
 
 
 
~~~~~~
Lunch break..
 
Chanyeol's POV~ 
 
I reached for my phone in my pocket as soon as I heard the ringtone. 
 
It was Kris. 
 
"I just woke up half an hour ago. Where are you?" Kris demanded.
 
"I'm at school now.  Are you still in our dorm? Oh! By the way,  I tried making the kimchi spaghetti that Kyungsoo cooked for us last night.  I left it on the table for you.  Did you find it?" I asked enthusiastically.  
 
Kyungsoo went to our dorm for the study session last night.  He made us kimchi spaghetti while at it.  It was really good.  I really wanted to try making it myself. 
 
"Yeah, I'm still in our dorm. And yup,  I found the spaghetti you made."
 
"How does it taste? Does it resemble Kyungsoo's cooking?"
 
"It's awful. When I saw it this morning, I shoved a mouthful  and puked everything."  I pouted hearing the truth.  After all,  Kris was blunt and knowing him, he would most likely tell the truth.
 
"That bad? But I was pretty sure I placed all ingredients that Kyungsoo had put in." 
 
"You mean to say,  you just shoved all of the ingredients in the pot at once?"
 
"Yeah! It was really interesting and pretty easy. I just simply submerged all of the ingredients in a boiling water to make the sauce and ta-dah! If I just practice more with Kyungsoo's help,  I can be a master chef!" 
 
 
"Please, Chanyeol.  You really don't have to do that.  I'd be more than happy if you just stay out of the kitchen.  Quit making  poisonous concoctions.  Anyway, I called because I wanna ask if you want to have lunch outside. I'm starving, thanks to your kimchi spaghetti."
 
"Hmph, I know I'll make a better spaghetti next time.  I'm bored at school. Let's have lunch then and come back for the study program. Can we meet at the school gate after 30 minutes?"
 
"30 minutes? why so long?
 
"Well, my classmate Sehun said someone wants to speak with me about something important.  I'm in the school garden right now waiting for that person." 
 
"Sehun? Isn't he the one in our study program too?  Are you sure that's not a gang trying to lure you somewhere and kidnap you?"
 
"Eh, no. Sehun is a good guy, don't worry. Oh! I think I've spotted someone coming over.  It must be him. See you at the school gates then."
 
"Bye." Kris hung up.
 
 
"Chanyeol right?" the familiar looking person asked as he took a step nearer.  He was looking up to me since I was a lot taller than him. I tilted my head downward to have a better view of him. 
 
"Yes, I'm Chanyeol.  Are you the one Sehun told me about?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 
 
"Ah, yes. I asked him to tell you since most of the time, you are not in school except for the study program.  I couldn't get a right timing to approach you since you're always with Kris."  I snapped my fingers once I remembered who he was.
 
"Ah!! Yes! You're from the study program too. I remember! You're....Baek...Baekhyun right?" I guessed. 
 
He smiled at me adorably and reached out his hand and shook them with mine.  His hands looked feminine. "Yes, I'm Baekhyun." 
 
I let go of his hand and began to ask him what he wanted to discuss about which was important. 
"Well you see, I need your help with something." he said.
 
"What is it?  I'll be glad to help as much as I can." I beamed reassuringly. 
 
"Well,.." he seemed hesitant as he looked up to me and then down on the floor. He fidgeted.
 
"Well, you see I have this friend...He really needs help and....and...can we take a seat on a bench or something first?  I think I'm gonna strain my neck any sooner for looking up to you all the time.  It's starting to ache." he massaged the back of his neck as he spoke.  I curled my lips in annoyance.  It wasn't my fault he was born with short legs.  
 
Since my neck started to ache as well, I agreed and we seated on a nearby bench.  
 
"I have a friend. His name is Tao and he needs help with something. He's the tall guy who sits beside me in our study program."  he described. 
 
"Hmmm, I think I remember him.  What about him?"  I asked, still confused as to how can I be of any help to that person. 
 
"Are you close to Kris? I always see you with him." he asked. 
"Yep, he's my bestfriend since kindergarten.  How's that related to Tao's problem?" 
 
"Tao likes Kris."  I gaped at his sudden revelation.  As Kris' bestfriend, what was I supposed to say at this actually? Kris was handsome and a lot of people fall for him.  But none of them were even brave enough to make a move due to Kris' stern face. People thought Kris wasn't approachable.  No one has ever approached me with this kind of problem either and I'm clueless of what to say.
 
"This is why I need your help.  Tao is my bestfriend too. You know Kris more than anyone here.  If we could collaborate and just help me...for Tao and Kris to end up with each other."  Baekhyun begged.
 
"Please, Chanyeol. Please. Help me.  Tao likes Kris a lot but he is too shy to approach him...and Tao, he...he is sick!" 
"S-sick??" I widened my eyes.
"Yes, he has this illness.  The doctor said he has only a few years left and he will die!" Baekhyun bursted into sobs. 
"Die?! r-really? how many years left? can't it be cured??" I began to feel extremely bad for Tao. 
 
"No it doesn't have a cure...t-the doctor said he will die in 10 years time. As his bestfriend, I only wish him his happiness...I don't want him to die just like that.  To die without being loved back by the person he loves so much...Chanyeol, do you know how sad that is?  What if it was your bestfriend in that situation? Wouldn't you do the same thing for Kris? Please help me. I just want Tao to be happy before he dies..."  Baekhyun continued sobbing in hysteria while he intertwined both his hands and begged me.  I began to cry along with him once I felt his burden.  
 
Poor Tao.  He should be spending his last 10 years with the person he loves.  He deserves to be loved back.  And If it happened to Kris, I'd definitely do anything. Just anything.
 
I wiped my tears and placed my hands on Baekhyun's shoulder.  He looked at me, his cheeks glistened with the tears flowing.  
 
"Don't cry anymore Baekhyun.  I will help you.  I promise, we won't stop until Tao is happy together with the person he loves.  I will do anything for Kris to fall for Tao."  I told Baekhyun with determination in my words. 
 
Baekhyun wiped his tears away and immediately switched into a lively and cheerful mood.  "Thank you so much Chanyeol! You're a very good person!  I'm sure Kris will be proud of you.  You're too kind."  
 
I nodded while sniffing my nose.  I then wiped my tears with the back of my hand.  
 
He opened his mouth to speak again. "Oh and about Tao's illness...if it's not too much to ask, can you keep it a secret between just the two of us? Tao doesn't know that I already knew. Let's just keep it between us okay?" Baekhyun insisted. I pursed my lips and nodded.  
 
Don't worry Tao,  I'll do anything to have you live your 10 years worthwhile. I promised to myself.
 
 
 
~~~~~~~
That night..
 
Baekhyun's POV~
 
"Wow.  I can't believe how gullible that Chanyeol was." I said to myself.
 
I had my gaze fixated on my bedroom's ceiling.  I couldn't believe Chanyeol fell for my lie.  
 
I felt for my cheeks while mumbling to myself how good of an actor I were.   "I should be awarded for best actor.  I never knew I had this talent.  Just where did those tears came from.  And he really cried together with me when I said Tao will die." I cackled and rolled left and right on my bed.  It was just so hilarious to think of.  
 
It took me a good few more minutes before it dawned to me that I haven't thought of a plan yet.  
 
I d for my phone and selected the contact number that Chanyeol gave me this lunch break.  
 
"Hello? Is this Chanyeol?" 
 
"Yes. hmmm, Is this Baekhyun?"
 
"Yes it's me!" I answered. 
 
"Baekhyun? Why are you talking with Baekhyun all of a sudden?"  I heard Kris' voice over the phone.  Damn it.  He's getting suspicious. 
 
"Ah, Chanyeol. Listen to me. Don't let him know about our plans no matter what. Call me back when it's safe.  Bye." 
I quickly hung up.  I hope he found a good excuse to tell Kris.  
 
~~~
*brrrr*
 
I glanced at my phone as it vibrated.
Chanyeol was calling. 
 
"Kris just took a shower. We have about 30mins before he leaves the bathroom.  What did you call me for again?"
 
 "Chanyeol,  let me ask you first.  How do two strangers end up together?" 
 
"Well, they have to know their names first.  And then they have to know each other's personality and their lives.  Once they aren't strangers anymore, one could fall for another."  he briefly said. 
 
"Exactly. Kris and Tao should become friends in order for Kris to start liking Tao.  And we can do that by arranging a date for them!" I exclaimed. 
 
"Woahh! You're right Baekhyun!  They should have a date by themselves.  But wait, how are we going to do that?"  Chanyeol asked. 
 
"When do you think Kris is free?" I asked while I shuffled towards the calendar that was pasted on our bedroom wall. 
 
I heard Chanyeol mumbling to himself until he finally thought of an answer. 
"Sunday, yes it is. This coming Sunday, he is free."
 
I narrowed my eyes on our calendar.  "Oh, perfect! I'm free on sunday too!" 
 
I then rushed to my bed and carefully told Chanyeol our Plan.  
 
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry if it took me a while to update. I'm updating 2 chapters now. :') thank you for subscribing and commenting.