EXO High: All for a friend

EXO High

 

 
Chanyeol's POV~
 
 
It was past 8 in the evening and we were still having our special study program. I was seated at the back row with Baekhyun at my right.  Having to pretend he was my boyfriend was very convenient for our plans.  
We managed to have Kris seated at my left and Tao right beside him since Baekhyun, as my boyfriend, should sit with me.  
 
*ding* 
 
An Sms came. I took out my phone from my pocket.
 
It's no use. Kris and Tao aren't even talking!  -Baekhyun
 
I turned off my phone screen and glanced at Kris and Tao.  
 
Kris was biting on his pen while listening attentively to Kyungsoo at the front. Tao was writing down his notes as he stares back and forth from the board to  his notebook.   
 
It wasn't working. 
 
I faced Baekhyun slowly and leaned forward to whisper into his ear,  
 
"I'll call you tonight.  I think we should make another plan."  Baekhyun nodded repeatedly.  
 
"Focus first  and stop talking." I heard Suho's voice from our back.  Baekhyun and I quickly turned to him with an awkward smile.  Suho was smiling with his arms folded across his chest.  
 
"Sorry." Baekhyun nervously said. 
Suho nodded and smiled. 
 
"You may face the board now. Save your public display of affection until the class ends."  He remarked with a teasing smile on his face.  
 
"But-it's not  what you think! we were just—" Baekhyun tried to explain that we were just whispering about something else but Suho totally got it wrong.  
 
"I exactly know.  The whole school knows about it.  Long last!" Suho giggled as he patted our shoulders.  He started to walk back to the front, leaving me and Baekhyun in a an awkward situation. 
 
The whole school knows that me and Baekhyun are  dating? News spreads pretty fast.  Baekhyun sighed heavily and as we both turned to face the front board, I met his gaze.  
 
Baekhyun widened his eyes and hissed.  That familiar annoyed expression of his, ready to whack me if we weren't in class. I raised an eyebrow while mouthing, What?  
 
Baekhyun clicked his tongue and rolled his eyes slightly. 
 
 "This is all your fault." he curtly said without looking at me but at Kyungsoo. 
 
"Hey! If it wasn't for that kiss, it would have been harder for us!" I insisted.   This time, Baekhyun faced me and motioned for me to keep it down or others would hear us.
 
"What could have been harder, Chanyeol?" someone asked.  It was Suho, again.
 
I realized I have raised my voice enough to have everyone in the class stare at me and Baekhyun.  
Baekhyun was burrying his face in his palms. I heard him slightly mumble, "save this monkey."
 
I guess he has a pet monkey at his house?
 
I looked at everyone and let out a wide grin.  "N-nothing Suho. Ah! Kyungsoo, do continue your lesson.  I'm listening!" I raised my notebook high enough for them to see that I was taking down notes.  Kyungsoo with his wide eyes, glanced at Suho.  Suho then nodded to signal that he can  continue his lesson.
"O-Okay." Kyungsoo then continued. 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~
Baekhyun's POV~
 
"Urgh, what's taking him so long!" I mumbled under my pillow while staring at my phone.  I was lying on my stomach on my bed.   
 
11:30  was written on my phone's time.  
"When is he planning to call me! ugh.." I bit my pillow out of annoyance. 
 
"You just met Chanyeol 30 minutes ago and now you miss him already?" Chen giggled as he came in the room with a glass of water.  He sat on his bed which was across mine.  
 
"Correction, it's 1 hour and 30 minutes and It's not what you think." I insisted while placing down my phone on the matress.  I sat up and faced Chen who was now drinking his cold water.  I continued to observe him.  
 
I just then remembered the incident earlier during clubbing time.  I've known for a while now that Chen was crushing on our school's soccer star player.  
 
When his crush, Xiumin, had joined our club, my hopes went up.  I thought Chen will be able to have a lot more interactions with Xiumin.  Not to mention, Chen also tutors him for our study program. I was grateful all this while that my dear room mate can find happiness finally.  
But here he is now,  in front of me.   His smiles never hid the grief that was painted on those eyes.  Would he be alright after knowing Xiumin likes someone else? 
 
"Chen," I decided to ask him.  
 
"Yes?" he his upper lips from the water that lingered.  
 
"are you alright?"
 
"What do you mean?" he asked.
 
I paused for a while.  "Ah, ahahaha nothing.  Anyway, what I really want to say is,  If ever you feel hurt anywhere, or you need somebody to talk to, just let me know." I said.  I decided to throw away the question of him being alright.  Of course he wasn't.
 
Also, I just didn't have the heart to put salt on his wounds by bringing up what has happened earlier today.  
 
Chen nooded reassuringly. 
 
"Will you promise that you will tell me?" There was a few moments of silence in the room.  
 
I finally heard him breathe out loudly, "I will." He nodded and smiled.  
"Oh! someone is calling you!" Chen exclaimed while pointing at my phone right beside me.  It was Chanyeol.  
 
I hissed in annoyance as I took and answered his late call.  ''Yahh Park Chanyeol!" I shouted.   Chen chortled while covering his mouth.  
"I smell some love quarrel hahaha!"  
 
I furrowed my eyebrows at Chen who is now heading his way out of the room.  "Go  and chat with your boyfriend in private. I'll be in the kitchen preparing our late dinner." Chen left with a wink.  I didn't protest since I do need to discuss the plan with Chanyeol in secret. 
 
"What took you so long to call?"
I stood up from my bed and made my way towards the window.  
 
"I waited for Kris to take a shower.  Anyway, do you have a plan in mind?" I shrugged.  
 
"No, I don't have one in particular yet.  How about you?" I leaned my back on the wall as I looked out of the window.  
 
I heard Chanyeol saying he had some bits of ideas but I ignored him.  I was wavered by the two familiar looking guys that were walking in the dorm's open field.  From my window, their face and figure can be recognized.  
 
"Isn't that...Sehun and Luhan?" I mumbled to myself.  "What did you say?" Chanyeol asked.  I almost forgot I was on phone with him.  
"Ah yes, I'm sorry, I got distracted.  Anyway, you said you had some ideas?" I decided to brush away the thought of seeing Luhan and Sehun together and turned my back on our window.  
 
"Yes. Well, how about we lock up both of them?" I rolled my eyes with his suggestion. "We have done that already, Chanyeol. And it failed because  you were the one who got locked up instead." I reminded him of his awful blunder.  
 
"You know what, locking them up won't even work at all.  They will probably just find ways of escaping that hell hole and there's zero chances of Tao confessing to Kris in such an emergency."  I scratched the back of my head as I spoke.  "Then, can't we just arrange a proper date for them? I mean, better than last Sunday.  Like a lunch date maybe?" he asked.  "We already did that." I paused.  
"We did that? and then?" 
 
 Wow, this guy is a total cuckoo. I'm so glad I'm not his boyfriend for real. 
"We did arranged them on a lunch date but you ate all the food." I rolled my eyes.  For the nth time, I think it really was a mistake to have asked this monkey to help me.  
 
"Oh! I just remembered something!" he announced excitedly.  I could imagine him smiling widely.  "What?" I asked with annoyance.  Can he even actually come up with a decent suggestion? 
 
"Kris likes pudding." I heard him say.
 
I knew it. He was useless.
 
 
"Hello? Baekhyun?" 
 
Can I just smash him down. I thought. 
 
"H-how in the world does that help?" I asked, helpless.   
 
"Listen to me first. Kris likes pudding with nuts in it. We can ask Tao to make a pudding and have Kris to taste it." he suggested. 
 
"If Tao knows it's for Kris,  Tao would  waste a whole day thinking how to perfect a dish just for Kris and in the end, never finishing anything.  Worst, not turning up for the lunch date." I huffed. 
 
"unless...we don't tell Tao that it's for Kris?" Chanyeol added.  I take back what I said.  Chanyeol is useful once in a blue moon.
"And I promise I won't eat it this time!"  
 
I pondered for a while before approving his suggestion.  His suggestion wasn't that bad as I have initially thought.  If we were to make it a double date this time, it might actually work.  It will look just like a normal double lunchdate.  Moreover, Tao and Kris had interacted successfully last sunday so I believe it wouldn't be that hard on Tao anymore.  
 
I exhaled and declared, "Alright, let's go with that."  
 
We then decided to have the plan on a friday, lunch time.  
 
 
 
~~~~ 
The next day (thursday) 
 
I was walking with Tao in our school corridor.  We just finished our classes and we were heading to the music room.  We should be  taking our study program by 5pm but Ms. Janice texted us that we will have an emergency practice after class until 7pm.  
 
"I won't be able to see him today." I heard Tao mumble bitterly.  I sneered at his statement.  "It's not like you would talk to him when you see him."  
 
"I know.  But still..." he tried to reason out but failed into a pout. 
 
I then recalled one important thing.  I simpered and nudged Tao's elbow. 
 
"You want to see him, right?"  Tao nodded without hesitation, still having that pout.  "How about you join us tomorrow in our picnic? It's during lunch." I said. 
 
"Us? You mean, you will be having a picnic with Kris?'' His eyes lit in disbelief.  "I'm dating Chanyeol remember?  It wouldn't be a surprise If I hang out with his bestfriend." 
 
"Can I come?" Tao seemed determined.  I knew Tao was still shy around Kris.  But his date with Kris in Everland last Sunday really made a difference.  Not so much but there was a little, at least.   
 
I pretended to ponder on Tao's request.  "Hmm, let me see.  I'm supposed to have a picnic with Chanyeol but Kris is joining.  Since his bestfriend is coming, it wouldnt be bad If I also tag along mine, would it?"   Tao smiled and clapped his hands in satisfaction.  
"No, it wouldn't be! Thanks Beef!" Before he could even hug me in happiness, I motioned for him to stop.  "But, you  must do me one favor." I said.  
 
"What favor?" Tao widened his eyes,  like he was expecting a hard to achieve favor .  
 
"You must prepare some pudding with peanut since it's a picnic."   Tao burst into laughter as he heard this.  "Just that?! Really? I thought you'd ask me something really hard to do." Tao patted my shoulder as he reassured me that he was gonna do it.  "Although I'm no good cook, but I can try hard with desserts." I nodded and hoped he was right.  
 
 
~~ 
We finally arrived at the room.  All of our clubmates were present.  Three of them were talking with Ms. Janice on her table.   I scanned the room and saw Kyungsoo, Chen and Xiumin seated in form of circle, as usual.  
 
Xiumin was holding a piece of paper, memorizing the lyrics of the song.  Chen was busy jotting down some notes and Kyungsoo was practicing his solo lines in the song. 
 
I scooted towards them while Tao took two extra chairs for us to sit on and join the circle.    I sat beside Chen.
 
"Have you informed Suho that we won't be able to make it for today's study program?" Tao asked Chen as he made himself comfortable in his chair.  
 
"Yup.  He asked me to let you know that we are gonna have a mock exam soon after the Open House."  
 
"Wow.  That ." Tao commented while shaking his head.
 
"What? After the Open House?" Xiumin's eyes widened in disbelief as he looked up from his paper that he was holding.  
 
"You know how busy we are gonna be before the Open House.  We have our own club presentations to prepare! I wont even have time to prepare for a mock exam! I also have my soccer practices which I cannot forgo!"  Xiumin finally putting down his paper as he regarded the matter really important at the moment.  
 
Xiumin was staring directly at Chen with those fiery eyes as If Chen was even the culprit.  Chen could only mutter a soft  sorry.
 
Chen's hands were shaking.  With those eyes staring at him, who wouldn't be scared?  Most of all, from the very person you like.  
 
My heart just sank.  
If I could poke Xiumin's eyes, I would already have.  I scowled and decided to not let this go.  
 
"Hey Xiumin. Would you calm down a little?" Xiumin faced me.  He became more furious.
 
"It's okay, Baekhyun." Chen insisted. I ignored him.  How can that be okay?  
Chen was  still hurt about yesterday and here Xiumin is, frightening him and treating him like the culprit.  To think, Chen was the one who helped him go to the clinic.
 
I stood up and went nearer to Xiumin.  He stood up after me.
 
"You're acting like you're only one  who's gonna suffer!  All of us will suffer as well!  Even Chen himself. And it is not his fault so don't reprimand him like that!" I couldn't help but raise my voice.
 
Xiumin closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
 
"The Open House is two weeks away. I will have a tournament a day after that.  And I just injured my foot so I cant practice for a week right now! Which means I only have one week left to practice soccer!  How on earth am I gonna study, you ing  tell me." 
 
Did he just curse? 
I scoffed.  "It's not like soccer is that important.  You're a star player, you don't even have to practice that much.  Unless you're gay for one of your members that you can't help but wish to see them."  I sarcastically said as I was boiling in anger.  
 
"What?" he asked.  I knew I shouldn't have said that.  
 
"Umm guys, calm down a please." Kyungsoo begged.  I realized that Ms. Janice and our clubmates were already staring at us. 
 
"What is happening?" Ms. Janice asked in a worried tone as she stood from her table and started her way towards us.  
 
"What did you say again?  I dare you to repeat it." I had a feeling he was clenching his fists. 
 
You nuts? Why would I repeat that.  i thought to myself.  I just said that to provoke him.  If I were to repeat that, I'll get a punch for sure.  I wouldn't want that kind of ruckus to happen. 
 
"What did you say."  Xiumin forced me to say it again while Kyungsoo, Chen and Tao's  pleading to stop where inaudible to my ears and Xiumin's.  
 
"I don't want to—" 
 
*thud*
 
 
 
 
I heard noises from my clubmates.   I can hear them yell stop. Stop him
 
For a second, I felt my left cheek throb in pain.   I felt dizzy and my vision started to become blurry.  
I closed my eyes and opened them again.  It was no use, I still felt dizzy and the pain was getting worse. Xiumin punched me in the face before I could say I didn't want to repeat whatever I had said earlier.
 
I felt more pain again.  My stomach hurts the most.  So he punched me twice and i just came to realize that.  One in my face and one in my stomach.  
 
I could make out from the scene in front of me that Xiumin was being held by Tao and Kyungsoo.  
I gaped for air.  My cheeks and my stomach were in so much pain.  I wish I could sleep and forget how it hurts.
 
The last thing i remember was Chen's voice.  He was asking me if I was alright. 
 
I passed out. 
 
 
 
 
~~~~
A/N: Duhh, baekhyun's just being a blabbermouth and not careful with his words. ;A; 
Please forgive Xiumin's character here >< I have reason why he is like this. 
Sorry for the previous chapter that it was Xiuchen and then suddenly Xiuhan.  From this story, Xiumin
really likes luhan as of the moment. There will be some hints of xiuchen but it will not blossom until
Xiumin forgets about Luhan.  
 
(Last night, I just went berserk.  Kris and Ace. I wont say anything anymore or else I'll go crazy again. I'm drawing a Kris protrait right now by the way.)
 
Upvote this story if you think it deserves it :) It's that arrow beside the title exo high. 
GAWD i love comments. Comments are like the fuel that makes me write more and think more. 
Do not be afraid to comment! Thanks to all those who subscribed! 
 
I also feel like doing some give away of my handmade exo hp straps. idek. i'm still thinking. its not like those hp straps are worth to be given away
gawd idk no one might even like to have it haha ><
 
Will be back soon! ppyong~