EXO High: Everland Part 1 (Please be my tour guide)

EXO High

 

 
Sunday~ 
 
Luhan's POV
 
I waited for Sehun at the front gates of Everland.  It was still 9 am and the place was already crowded.  I felt a sweat trickle down my chin as I became worried about later.   
 
Sehun had asked me to accompany him in Everland last monday.   I wanted to but something else bothered me.  That something else was the fact that there were rides and rollercoasters in Everland.  I've always been afraid of heights ever since.  The thought of being up high seemed dangerous to me no matter what safety gears was wrapped around me.  
 
What if the safety bars were actually loose?  Or what if the seat bealts break off?  Wouldn't that send you flying across the blue sky and down to the ground to end your pitiful life in the most brutal way? It was just dangerous.  You never know what could happen when you're up there.
 
But I told Sehun I will come.  That I'm going to accompany him ride those rollercoasters that could have me fainting up in the air. 
 
Why? I didn't know.  All I knew was I didn't want to disappoint Sehun when he asked me. 
 
"Luhan!"  I turned to face the voice owner.  It was Sehun.  He was wearing a blue V neck shirt which exposed his beautiful collarbone.  I gaped at the sight of him. He looked rather well today.
 
He scurried towards me with a bright smile plastered on his face. 
 
"You're late!" I groaned.  He placed his arm over my shoulders as if to compensate his unpanctuality.  
 
"Come on, don't be so grumpy already.  We have V.I.P passes anyway so we don't really have to fall in line to get in." he reasoned. 
 
"I know that but that doesn't mean you can come late and make me wait for 30 minutes here!" I snapped.  
 
He shrugged and pinched my cheeks before dragging me inside.  
 
Here goes my torture. 
 
 
~~~~
Baekhyun's POV ~
 
 
Kris was standing right in front of a pop corn kiosk with a troubled face.  He was looking for Chanyeol.
 
"Chanyeol...where are you?  I can see Kris from where I am.  I am right behind the pop corn stall."  I whispered through my phone while I ducked behind a bush, hiding from Kris. 
 
I felt a tap on my left shoulder.  
I turned and saw a lion mask with huge eyes shoving it's face close to mine.  
 
I shrieked and fell on my tailbone, horrified.  
The person took off his mask revealing a wide smile.
 
It was none other than Chanyeol. 
 
"What the hell?!" I growled at him while giving a glance back to kris who seemed to have heard my scream.
 
 
FLASH BACK...
 
I gradually started to regret why of all people, chanyeol was the one I needed help with.  
If he were not Kris' bestfriend, I would never ask for his help.  Ever.
 
No one warned me how crazy this person was. If I had just known.
 
If I had just known that he was so reckless at almost everything he does.  He just did everything without much thought the past few days. 
 
Last thursday, we intended to lock Tao and Kris in the school's basement. I asked him to check the basement first but he knocked himself out as he slipped on his way down the staircase.  He was unconscious in the basement for a few minutes.  Next thing he knew, he was locked in by the janitor.
 
Then on Friday, I asked Kyungsoo to prepare some picnic food for two.
 
Yes, that was for the picnic date for Tao and Kris.  Our plan was to have the two meet under a tree with the food already prepared.  Kris would definitely come if Chanyeol would ask him.  
 
My problem was Tao.  Tao somehow sensed I was plotting something when I told him to just come to the school garden and wait under the tree.  Hence, I had to find Tao and literally drag him.  Before I left, I told chanyeol to take care of the food.
 
When I came back with Tao in my grip, the food was indeed taken care of.  Chanyeol ate it all. 
I had to make an excuse as to why Chanyeol was there since Tao should never know of what the two of us were up to.
 
PRESENT...
 
 
"Shhhhh!!! Kris might hear us!" he warned while helping me up from my sudden fall. 
 
"Why the hell are you wearing that?" I asked trying to lower my voice.
 
"So that Kris won't recognize me! Look! I bought one for you." he took out an ugly monkey mask from his back pack and handed it to me.  
 
The mask was ugly but in all honesty, the real monkey beside me had a point. Masks would come in handy. 
So I placed the mask over my head and decided to wear it only when needed. 
 
I observed Kris again. He was turning his head towards our area.  I grabbed Chanyeol's collar and forced him to squat along with me having him strangled from my sudden pull.  Chanyeol held on to my arm as he desperately tries to free himself to which I obliged. 
 
We quickly lowered our heads when Kris turned his head swiftly as he looked for the untamed animal beside me. 
 
"Where is Tao?" I heard Chanyeol whisper with his eyes fixated on Kris. 
"He's coming.  Just wait." I shushed him. 
 
A few seconds later, I felt my phone vibrate. 
 
"Beef!! Where are you? I just arrived!"  Tao yelled over the phone.
 
I quickly pulled my phone away from my ear.  
Chanyeol leaned over to eavesdrop.
 
"I-I'm at the um..." I looked around for a distinct description to where I was.
"the popcorn kiosk!" Chanyeol exclaimed. 
 
I whacked his arm hard to have him cover his mouth in realization of what he had done. 
 
 "Huh? Who was that?" Tao wondered. 
 
"Ah? I-it was me of course!" I pulled my phone away and cleared my throat.  
I then imitated Chanyeol's deep voice, "the poprcorn kiosk! we are near the popcorn kiosk.  On the east area. See? It was just me.. I have a sore throat! " 
 
"We? Who are you with?" Tao started to become suspicious. 
"I mean..me, I said me not we! It's just too noisy here!  Come here quickly okay? Come quick! Bye!" I hang up hurriedly and sighed in relief.
 
Suddenly, a very loud ringtone almost got my spirit out of my body.  It came from Chanyeol's pocket jeans.
I widened my eyes at him while I bit my lower lip in frustration.  
He panicked and took out his phone frantically.  
 
I looked over to Kris who was holding his phone against his ear.  He seemed to have heard the familiar loud ringtone to have his head slowly turn towards our area. 
 
"He heard it! He heard it! He's gonna see us!" I panicked along with Chanyeol.  I grabbed his phone from him and took the battery out.
 
It stopped ringing. 
 
Both me and Chanyeol ducked lower. 
"He didn't see us right?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
"You could have been more careful!" I retorted.
Chanyeol pouted before looking back at Kris.  
 
Kris was trying to call  again.  
 
 
~~~~
Kris' POV~
 
 
The number you have dialed is not available at the moment.  Please leave a message after the tone.
 
Beep..
 
"Chanyeol, where the hell are you? I thought you're only going to the toilet for 5 minutes? it's been 25 minutes now.  I'm still here near this pop corn kiosk.  Call me back as soon as you have your back here!" I hung up. 
 
 
.  Where is he? I narrowed my eyes as I turned around in hopes of spotting a familiar tall figure of my bestfriend.  
 
I turned to my left. 
to my right. 
 
All I could see was the crowd and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. 
 
This was actually my first time to come here in Everland.  I was delighted when Chanyeol asked me to come with him.  I wanted to try the rides as soon as we got here but since Chanyeol was gone,  I had no choice but to wait for him to reappear again before I can try some rides. 
 
I clicked my tongue as I was about to lose my patience.   
 
That's it.  Five more minutes and I'm out of here to try those rides.  I can't wait any longer. 
 
My eyes scanned the crowd again for someone with a blonde hair and tall figure.
 
I spotted someone tall. But he had jet black hair on him, not blonde.
He wore skinny jeans and a black v-neck shirt that looked awfully good on his slim figure.  
I continued to observe him as he walked slowly towards where I were.  
 
He looked rather lost as he scratched his head innocently,  turning right to left in search for something or someone. 
He tried to lift his head  a bit higher in desperation to find what he was looking for.  
 
He lowered his head and dialed on his phone.  He placed his phone against his ear as I continued to observe the somehow familiar looking guy.  I was a few steps beside him but he was facing front.  I could only see his side view and  his perfectly shaped nose.
 
I cocked my head slightly trying to recollect the familiar person.  I knew I have seen him somewhere. 
Somewhere in...School! 
 
My eyes lit realizing I have someone standing in front of me who was my schoolmate.  I just couldn't remember his name.
 
As soon as he put down his phone, I trotted  towards him with a smile.
"Hi!" 
 
He carefully faced me.  His calm expression shifted to a shock when he saw me.
 
"K-kris?" he mouthed.  Oh yeah right.  He should know me since I was the president.  Probably why he was startled.
 
I placed my hands in my pocket as I was about to start a conversation.  I was never good with starting one.  I could only muster a decent 'hi' and after that,  asking names and other stuff  felt like it was too personal to ask.  But this time, I need him so i must talk.
 
"You're waiting for someone?" I looked around. 
 
He nodded.
 
"I know we go to the same school...But what was your name again?" I asked.
 
"Tao." he answered, lowering his head.  
 
The crowd was noisy but it didn't help the awkward silence between us.
 
"I'll remember that." I finally said.  Now what am I supposed to say after that?
 
There was silence.
 
Another silence.
 
I looked over my phone and realized it was almost 12 noon.  I've wasted so much time waiting for Chanyeol instead of trying the rides.  
 
I breathed in before I spoke.
 
"Is this your first time here in Everland?" 
 
Tao still kept his head low and shook his head slightly.  "I-Ive been here...quite a few times."
 
"Can you accompany me then?" I finally managed to ask.  I just needed someone to join me in replace of Chanyeol.
The crowd screaming from that roller coaster ride had my feet wanting to run to where it was.
 
"My best friend who was supposed to join me is nowhere to be found and it's my first time here. I want to ride everything if possible.  But having wasted half of the day means It's gonna be impossible for me right? Since you've been here, you should know which rides are fun..." I paused.
 
"Please be my tour guide?" I pleaded slightly but still keeping my cool image.  
 
He looked at me with eyes wide.  I noticed his cheeks blush slightly.  
 
He had this thin cupid's bow lips that I kind of like. It began to open slightly as he spoke. 
 
"Alright..." 
 
I grinned with his answer.  
 
"YES!" I heard someone exclaimed from the back of the pop corn kiosk.
 
Both me and Tao turned our heads abruptly to where the yell came from.  
 
"It sounds familiar."  Tao said with his confused expresison.
 
Tao took a few steps closer to the pop corn stall, as if expecting someone he knew hid there. 
 
"Aish, that was probably nothing. Let's go." I grabbed Tao's arm as I became impatient to try out the rides.
 
 
~~
Sehun's POV~ 
 
 
"Luhan? Are you alright?" I asked him while we were queueing up for the Rolling Xtrain ride.  It was a roller coaster with two complete 360 degree revolutions. 
 
Luhan was silent and held his grip on my arm tighter as we got nearer to the ride  itself.  
 
He was obviously scared.  It was evident on his innocent face.  "Are you scared?" He didn't answer but kept his head low.   
 
I sighed.
 
"Come with me." I held his hand and we got out of the line.  
 
"Eh, where are we going?" Luhan finally spoke.  
 
"Somewhere nice." I said briefly.
 
 
~
I brought him in front of a carousel with white horses going around it.  
 
"Carousel? You want to ride that instead?" Luhan looked up to me, confused. 
 
I smiled and leaned closer to him.  "You're scared of heights, aren't you?" 
He looked away from me and was reluctant to answer but I noticed his slight nod. 
 
I pulled him towards the carousel but he pulled me back.  I looked at him to ask what was wrong.
He kept his head low before mumbling, "But you want to ride the roller coaster right?"
 
I smiled knowing he was worried I won't have fun.  I lifted his chin carefully,  
 
"I came here in Everland to have fun.  Not to scare you."  
 
He pressed his lips with teary eyes, looking into my eyes.  I didn't know he was that scared to ride that thing.  
 
And I didn't realize either that his small face was so close to mine.  I was lost in his eyes and the noise of the crowd muffled under the pounding sound of my heart.   
 
Luhan looked away, bringing me back to reality.  
"Ah, let's go now!" I exclaimed nervously. I tried to smile and forgot what just happened.
 
What just happened?
 
 
 
 
A/N:  So here is Part 1 of the Everland Chapter. There will be a part 2 ~ Thanks for the comments! (forever be thankful XD)