EXO High: Bad Timing

EXO High

 

 
Kai's POV 
 
Such a great feeling.
I thought as the hot water splashed throughout my body under the shower.  I spent the whole day practicing my dance routine for the coming school event next month.  
 
The hot water touching my bare skin were like warm fingers massaging each strained muscle underneath my tan skin.
It felt like heaven.
I closed my eyes as I felt those warm hands rub my back.  
 
 
Wait, what?
 
To my surprise, Suho was caressing my back whilst grinning.  
I felt my cheeks become warm. "Yah!!! What the hell are you doing here!!" I spat his hands and shoved him out of the bathroom. How did he even get in? "I'm only giving you a massage after a tiring day! What's wrong with that?" he reasoned.  
 
He was partly right. In fact, he usually massaged me  when we shower together.  He was a few months older than I am so he treated me like his younger brother.
Suho likes to cuddle with me before sleep and he always put his arms around my neck wherever we go, be it school or out.
He was like a brother I never had.
 
I only didn't  allow him anymore ever since I started to feel uneasy and somehow I would blush when he touches my skin.  
It was horror realizing I started to grow some feelings for him.  Feelings that I wasn't supposed to have.  I know him too well.  Too well to understand that I am only a brother to him.
 
I shot him a peircing glare before a slammed the door in front of him.  "Aishh,Okay! I'm sorry. Okay, I'm sorry." I heard him say.  "I'll.. call for dinner now.  I'm getting pizza.  Do you want it too?"  He asked.  I went silent for a while.  I heard him sigh with a hint of resignation so I decided to break the silence.
"Y-yes please.  You know what I like. More cheese on top too." I replied.  "Okay!" he yelled and I could imagine his face went from a frown to a wide smile. I'm sorry hyung. I can't have these feelings and you aren't helping.  I murmurred under the shower with a hint of determination.  I had to get rid of it. 
 
 
~the next day~ 
 
I sat at the cafeteria beside my bestfriend, Sehun.  
Being my classmate in 3A and my clubmate in Dance club, we became close friends.  
Since I'm almost washed out every morning due to intense dance practice the day before, I always sleep during classes.
 
Sehun was my alarm clock.  He would wake me up  if it was break time, lunch or maybe if there's fire too.  
Teachers in our school knowing the students' family background and rich status, wouldn't really bother to scold students.  
After all, we were rich kids.  Wether we fail or pass, we will survive with our parent's influence.  At least that's what they think.  
 
"Here's your bubble tea.  And here's for Kai, a hot  baozi." Tao said with emphasis on the last two words, his eyes implying lust.  "Urgh, cut that out." Sehun scrunched his face with disgust at his roommate who sat opposite to me.  "Yeah, give them a break. Let Sehun enjoy his cold and  wet drink." Baekhyun added with yet another dirty look on his face, his pinkish lips as he leaned forward to Sehun who was sitting across him. Sehun leaned away from Baekhyun.  
 
"Seriously. You two should shut the hell up. Else, I'm gonna tell Suho that you have a crush on Pres—" I was cut off by Tao's hand covering my mouth.  
"Okay, okay. We're sorry. Now shut it before someone hears you." Tao demanded as he took his hands off my full lips.
"Eww.  Did you even wash your hands after toilet?" I jeered.  
"Kai! O-of course I did!" Tao blushed in embarrassment. I giggled along with the others. He wasn't really the type to take jokes that were thrown at him. He can only start but not finish.  
 
Sehun introduced me to Tao 2 years ago back when we were first year. Sehun and Tao were roommates and since I became Sehun's bestfriend, we just came to hang around together.  
 
Tao was in the singing club together with Baekhyun. Baekhyun being close with Tao during 2nd year, he started to tag along with us during free time too.  It was fun having them in our group.  Baekhyun was the funniest amongst us.  He would do any possible thing just to make us laugh.  
 
Last year, during summer, we weren't allowed to stay out for a month because of our low grades that has affected the school's ranking.  All four of us were at Tao and Sehun's room, watching a boring movie.  Tao was really bored and so was I.  "Argh, how can they do this to us!!" I exclaimed.  "Why don't we just sneak out?" Sehun turned to look at me with his suggestion.  
"I'm afraid we can't do that.  Someone tried that and got caught.  His hair was shaved bald."  Baekhyun warned us.  
The last thing I wanna do  in my entire life was to get bald.  I seriously think I will look like a hard boiled egg dancing to 'Like a G6'.  
I heard Baekhyun saying he had an idea.  I saw him scurried towards the wall across to where the three of us were seated.  He demanded Sehun to turn off the t.v. and let the music play instead.  As the music started to play, Baekhyun turned off the light switch.  He turned it back on. and off again.  He did it along with the music.  "Come on guys! Let's disco!"  He beamed while dancing.  
I was laughing to myself when Sehun and Tao pulled me up from the couch to join them dance.  I had no choice but to dance.  And indeed it was fun.  We were so loud that night and our dorm mates got really curious of what we were up to.  Gawd, who would have thought light switch could be this useful!  I made a note to myself that Baekhyun was a genius. 
 
~~ 
 
Xiumin's POV ~
 
"Are you fixed on this? You can't transfer to another club until next year, you know. You can only transfer once a year. " the woman behind the counter reminded.  
"Yes, I'm transferring to Singing Club. I've realized Dance Club is not my thing anymore." I lied.
I personally enjoyed dancing since it was one thing I wanted to improve more.  My singing abilities were rather polished and dancing was a whole new thing that gave me a whole new excitement.  But since Luhan was in Singing Club, I was willing to transfer just to spend more time with him.  The soccer practices and being classmates just weren't enough.  
 
I've admired Luhan ever since he joined the soccer team last year.  He was a transferee and I, the star player, was assigned by our coach to train with him.  He had such a pretty smile and he was very friendly.  He also enjoys pranks despite his angelic looks.   I can't help but laugh at his silly and childish ways.  I guess that's when I started to like his company.  
Being with him was fun. How lucky can his room mate be to be with him in one room.  
 
"Here you go. Just proceed to this room after class."  She handed me some papers that she stamped with ink to prove its authenticity. "Thank you."   finally,  I can be with Luhan I chuckled to myself returning to our classroom, 4B. 
 
~~ 
The bell rang and I felt my heart skipped a beat.  Class was done and it's clubbing time.  I became so excited to see Luhan in Singing club.  I bet he would be surprised why I was there.  I'm gonna show him my vocal talents!
I stood from my seat, determined.  I saw Luhan from the corner of my eye leave the room.  I darted my way and walked a few meters behind him.  He was with Lay from 4A, his bestfriend and roommate.  The lucky bastard.  I rolled my eyes. I stared at the paper and it says "AV room".  It was downstairs.   Luhan and Lay came near the staircase but instead of going down, they went up.  I ceased walking and thought for a while but shrugged it off.  I went downstairs and I thought of just waiting for Luhan in the AV room. He will be surprised by my presence. 
 
~~ 
I went in the room and I felt a number of eyes were staring at me.  
It was awkward but I still managed to smile at them and went straight to the moderator.  
"Oh, look who's here. Our star player, Xiumin." She smiled at me and gestured me to stand beside her in front of everyone.  I looked around.  I saw familiar faces.  One, I recognized as the student council's secretary but I couldn't remember his name. All I knew was he was my junior.  I swear I saw his delighted epxression when I stood in front.  Crap.  All of them are my juniors. "Please introduce yourself,  Xiumin" I heard her say.  
 
I bit my lower lip. Gawd where is Luhan.
"Umm, I'm Xiumin. As you all know, I'm from our school's soccer team.  I used to be from Dance Club but I suddenly missed practicing for singing so I decided to transfer this year."
"I'm Ms. Janice, your moderator. Xiumin, Why don't you sing for us?" she urged.  
I was hesitant not because I was nervous to sing but because Luhan wasn't there yet.  
He should hear me sing and perhaps be amused.  I turned to Ms. Janice and whispered, "Umm, Is Luhan not coming?"
I asked.
 
"Oh?? I'm afraid not." my eyes grew wide.
"He just transferred to Dance Club today too."
I wanted to have myself crushed into tiny pieces and burn hearing those words.  
No wonder he was with Lay.  I hit my forehead with my right palm and it left a red mark.  Ugh. This is so not gonna be good.
"A-are you okay?" Ms. Janice asked now worried.  "Im okay. I can sing." I replied with a weak smile.
Although I was drowning with my own regrets,  I decided to just sing. I went silent for a few minutes comtemplating on which song should I sing. I cleared my throat as soon as I decided on a piece.  I looked straight ahead of everyone as I began to sing.  I chose a melodic song in which I released all my feelings with it. I closed my eyes.  Every word and tone were laced with anger and regret. The lyrics just came out by familiarity yet my mind thought, DAMN IT LUHAN. WHY DID YOU TRANSFER  was all in my head.