EXO High: Proposal

EXO High

Suho's POV~

 

I stepped in the classroom and looked around.  
It was already 5 and most students had gone back to their respective dorms.  
I saw Chen standing across the room, leaning over the window.  
I could hear the sound of boys playing soccer outside.  
I thought he doesn't like soccer? I walked towards his spot without him noticing.
 "Chen, where is he?" I joined him watching two boys playing soccer.
I recognized from the second floor that it was the school's star players, Luhan and Xiumin.  
Chen not expecting my presence, jerked and moved a small step away.  Realizing it was just me, he rubbed his chest with relief. "Kris will be late."  I smirked as I turned around and seated myself on the nearest table.  
 
"Well, that's good news." It actually is a good news since Kris rarely pops up when needed.  
Kris was always busy with his modelling schedules.  
He is tall and I must admit, handsome.  Probably the reason why the lot of the students voted him for president.  
I leaned back and forth with my chair and Chen stood by the window still watching the game intently.  To break the ice, I asked him. "I thought you're not into soccer.."  He turned around, flustered and I could see his face turn slightly red with hmmmm I'm not sure why.  "Erm, I was just...bored." he shrugged his shoulders and sat next to me on the table.  
"Do you think Kris will approve of our proposal?" he asked with worry in his eyes, eyebrows slightly furrowed.  
 
 
"If it's good enough, why not." A familiar voice coming from across the room startled both of us.
 
 "Could you please stop giving me heart attacks!" Chen blurted out, again rubbing his chest.  
"Thank god Kris, you have appeared." I said, voice hitched from the shock he gave us.  
He made his way to the teacher's table at the front and placed his bag on top.  
As he was seated, he motioned for us to come nearer.  We obeyed and Chen took out a file folder from his black leather bag and handed it to Kris.  
"Okay, I'll be reading this at the dorm and I'll tell you what I think by next week." Kris casually announced.  
Chen looked at me, gawked. I gaped too but I became alarmed as Kris stood from his seat and shoved the file in his bag.  
 
"Oh wait wait wait, wait a minute." I said as I scooted and grabbed his left forearm.  
 
"You don't possibly expect me to read all of this right now, do you?" Kris gave me a piercing glare.
 I gulped as I'm pretty sure my reply woud make him upset.  "I'm sorry but, we have not enough time to waste. This proposal is mainly for the annual exams by the end of this year.  And that's like, three months away. If we don't act soon, we will lose more chance upon hitting our target."  
"And if we don't hit that target, we will be punished for sure.  I simply don't want any more scoldings from the school director. You know he blames everything to us and then, take our freedom just like that." Chen added crossing his arms against his chest.  
 
Kris shut his eyes in, I suppose, annoyance and snatched his arm free from my grip.  He sighed heavily and open his eyes.  "Fine." he declared and sat back, crossing his legs under the table as he opens the file and began to read all 10 pages.  
 
 
I saw him massaging his temples as he read.  This doesn't look good.  I bit my lower lip unconsciously while seated just in front of kris ; Chen on my left was busy playing with his iPhone but his leg were slightly shaking out of nervousness.  
 
Kris has to agree with this.  If he doesn't, it's equal to saying we will be blamed by the school director for the low grades and ranking of our school.  
Last year's annual exam was terrible.  Among private schools, our school ranked from 1st to 3rd place due to the low aggregate grades of the students.  And he blamed it all to us, thank you.  
We are student leaders but we aren't capable of asking each and every student to do this and that.  
It's not our fault they don't care if they fail. We were prohibited from going out of school premises for a month because of that.
 
If it happens again, I'm pretty sure it's gonna be worse.
"I can't approve this."  I heard thim say.
"What?!" I immediately stood, bewildered.  
"W-why? " I was sure I wanted to punch him to his senses but there were just too much thoughts in my head that my brain couldn't decide which one should it process first.
"What kind of lame is that?" he stood pointing at the file on the table.  
 
He grabbed his bag and started to walk away.  Chen blocked the doorway.
"Kris.  You can't. I mean, it's the only thing we can do to save, if not others, ourseleves." Chen said grimly while he spread his arms wide for kris not to escape.  
"Could you at least tell us what did you not like with our proposal? We can change it slightly if you wish.
Just don't reject it all at once."  I implored, standing beside Chen as well to block him.  
 
He ran his fingers through his blonde hair and huffed.  He glared at us with forehead scrunched.  
"All of it.  I don't like all of it.  What kind of ! Studying from 5pm until 10pm?
And if we don't comply, we will be punished?
Okay, say I approve this.  
What makes you think they will follow your orders?
This is absurd! Confiscating phones and such?
What, are you running  for the next director of the school now to do these things?"
he scoffed and pushed both me and Chen aside.  
 
As much as I really want to kick his balls, my legs were kind of shaking to do so.  
Kris is just beyond scary whe  he wears his face.  
Let alone being angry.  
 
Chen plopped himself on the floor, resigned.  "What are we to do now?" he asked rhetorically.  
I watched Kris as he walked away.  I narrowed my eyes as I saw a tall figure walking towards Kris.
He greeted him with a bro fist and placed his arm casually around his neck. I grinned realizing who the person was.  
"I have an idea." I replied Chen.  
 
~~~~~
The next day~
 
"Please, Chanyeol. I beg you. Just try to persuade Kris. No one else can do it but you." I begged as I latched on his right leg.  Thankfully we were at the school's backyard garden.  No one could see me doing such a shameful act.  He tried to free himself but to no avail.  "S-suho, let go of me first.  You don't have to act like this. I will try to persuade him anyway."  Chanyeol reassured.  I grinned and stood up immeditaely upon hearing those words.  He was Kris' bestfriend after all.  I'm sure he can find a way for Kris to agree with our proposal.  "I will persuade him but I'm still not sure okay? I will just try." He place both his hands on my shoulders.
I smiled and hugged him.  He was so tall.  He hugged me back tighter than I did.  I raised an eyebrow and felt weird as he did.  I pulled myself away before my brain could start thinking of inappropriate assumptions  and thoughts. "I-im sorry. I was carried away." I said, scratching the back of my head.  "It's alright." he lets out a wide grin again.  Sometimes I really wonder how he  gets along with faced Kris.  They were just too opposite in terms of personalities.  If they were to stand together, it's as if there is a thin boundary between them.  Chanyeol's side would be a sunny weather with birds happily humming while Kris' side would be gloomy, raining complete with thunder and lightning.  My thoughts were cut off when I heard Kris' voice.  "Chanyeol, what are you doing here in the garden? I was waiting for you at the cafeteria. And why are you with him?" I looked to my right and there he was with his infamous grumpy expression. His stomach was probably churning out of hunger, waiting for Chanyeol the whole time. "Nothing!" Chanyeol lied and rushed to his bestfriends side. What a terrible liar.  "Bye Suho!" he waved at me nervously and practically dragged Kris out of my sight. *Good luck, Chanyeol* I said while intertwining both my hands and prayed.
 
~~~ the next morning
 
I went into my classroom, 3B.  As expected, I was the first to arrive.  I walked to my seat which was at the first row, last column. I burried my head under both my arms to take a nap.  I almost drifted to sleep when a hand nudged my right arm lightly.  I leaned back and looked up, squinting my eyes only to find out it was Kris.  "Oh..what. What brings you here?" I asked since Kris classroom is in 4B. "I realized that if we were to get punished, my flight to canada to visit my family for vacation would be cancelled." he said while looking everywhere but me.  I can tell he felt he was defeated that he had to change his previous decision which was unlikely of him.  I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand.  "Okay." I really wanted to jump for joy but I felt that I shouldn't as of the moment.  "G-get me the lists of students that needs to be in this program." he demanded prior to walking out of the classroom quietly.  I made sure he was gone before I jumped for victory. Yes! I owe Chanyeol a lot! I was so happy that I did some silly dancing to myself.  I didn't even notice some of my classmates who came in and saw before their eyes, my awkward groovy dancing.  I froze and blushed when I realized. Ahh, . I'm sure they would have laughed at me if only I wasn't the Vice President. I sat down and pretended to be busy with my phone.  While on it, It came to me that I had to inform Chen and ask him to prepare the list so I called him.