EXO High:

EXO High

Chapter 14

 

Xiumin's POV~

 

What have I done?

 

My heart kept throbbing as I walked back and forth the corridor right outside the clinic.  I bit my lips and shook my hands.  Wishing my worries would be shaken away together with it.  Baekhyun was still inside the clinic and I stood outside, anxious to go in and check on him.

 

Would he be alright?  I got worried. 
How can I even punch him, twice at that!  What exactly have  I done?

 

Sweat trickled down my chin.  My back was wet with sweat as well.  I was never the type of person who would create such a ruckus. 

 

Those few seconds was still vivid in my thoughts.  Those few seconds wherein I lost it and threw a punch at Baekhyun.  Those few seconds, what went wrong? 

 
"It's not like soccer is that important.  You're a star player, you don't even have to practice that much.  Unless you're gay for one of your members that you can't help but wish to see them."
 

Soccer. 
It all went wrong and uncontrollable when it involved my soccer  practices. When Baekhyun mentioned about soccer...

 

But I can't lie to myself.  It's not just the soccer practices.  With my current tight schedule, soccer was the last thing that allowed me to spend more time with Luhan. 

 

It was my greed for spending time with Luhan.

 

I was selfish.  I didn't want the exam not because I had no time.

 

I wanted my time be spend on Luhan only. 

 

I ran my fingers through my hair and lifted up my head only to see Chen approaching.   
He was carrying a plastic bag with him, I presumed it was some snacks for Baekhyun.  

 

I was speechess as I stood froze, watching him come nearer.  What should I say?  After all that happened a while ago, what was I supposed to say to him?

 

I hoped Chen didn't stare at me as he approached.  I wished I didn't stare back.  I wished Chen just went into the clinic and did not approach me.  But that was never the case.

 

He stopped walking and stood mirrored against me.  If he was gonna punch me, I'd gladly take it.  It was all my fault after all.  Chen was simply not at fault. 

 

To my surprise, he smiled at me. It wasn't forced.  There was no hint of hatred in that smile drawn across his face.  For some reason,  his smile allowed me to breathe out in relief. 

 

"No matter how rich this school is,  the door isn't automatic."  he said. 

 

I could only furrow my eyebrows in confusion. 

 

He smiled once more.
"If you want to go inside, turn the knob.  The door isn't going to open automatically." he explained.

 

"Oh, ahhhh.." I scratched the back of my head in realization while giving out an awkward laugh. 

"Don't worry.  I promise, Baekhyun won't be mad if he sees you right now." Chen reassured me. He must have known Baekhyun really well.  Being such good friends, I realized Baekhyun was just protecting Chen a while ago. 
 

I nodded and placed my hands in my pocket. Chen didn't say a wordand proceeded to open the door.  I felt really sorry.  I felt sorry for Baekhyun that I hit but all the more, I felt sorry for Chen. 

 

Despite me who reprimanded an innocent person like him,  he still managed to pull off a smile like that.  A smile so bright to have me feel relieved after all the worries I had been anxious all this while.

 

I faced down and mumbled before Chen could step in the room.  "I'm sorry.  I'm very sorry." I clenched my fist in humiliation and anger at myself. 

 

I couldn't face him since I was looking down on the floor but I felt his hand land on my left shoulder.  It was warm and gentle. 

 

"It's Okay.  I understand. And I'm not just saying this to make you feel better.  I really understand." Although I did not have an idea of what he means by he understands since it was too vague,  I could only nod slightly and began to step inside the clinic to where Baekhyun was. 

 

~~~

Baekhyun greeted Chen with a welcoming smile.  But when he saw me, the smile was replaced by a cold frown.  I was consumed 

by guilt.  His left cheek had some plaster on. 

I looked down on the floor as I came closer. I need not to face Baekhyun, I could feel his stares glued on me.  Perhaps he was contemplating on which side of my face should he hit.  Breathing in harder,  I prepared myself for anything that can come later.  

I intertwined my fingers and grasped them as tight as I could.  I started to speak and face Baekhyun in the eyes. 

"I'm really very sorry.  I'm very sorry to both of you.  I'm very sorry.  You can hit me back 20 times harder than what I did!  I'm sorry!"  

"I don't hit my senior.  And it seems like Chen has forgiven you anyway."  Baekhyun remarked to which I did not know how to reply.  "Here!  Take some melon bread.  I asked Chen to buy as much as he wants.  Turns out that I can't even finish these."  Baekhyun offered, handing the bread to me to which I gladly accepted.  

"Thank-thank you" I carefully took the bread from his hands.  

Baekhyun was a mood maker.  Throughout the time I was in the clinic, he had made the mood better.  With his funny antics, he had made me laugh and forget about my worries earlier.  

~~~~

that night..
Tao's POV ~

 
 
I carefully examined the pudding.  I was at the kitchen, busy making the peanut pudding for tomorrow's lunch date.  I checked my watch and gasped as it said it was 11:45 pm.  I have been preparing the pudding for about an hour already. 
 

I d for my phone  in my pocket.  I dialled one of my speed dials and placed my phone against my ear, waiting for the other to pick up. 

 

Should I pour another bag of peanut in this? I mumbled to myself as I leaned closer to the counter, observing the pudding.  
"Aish, busy again." I hissed when no one picked up my call.  I decided to dial again. 

 

Finally, someone picked up. 
"Yes, sweetie?" 
"Mom, I need some help." I said right away. 

 

I heard her sigh heavily on the other line.  "Aigoo, you just remember to call your mom when you have a problem right?  What is it?" she demanded, probably disappointed I only called her when I need help.   "It's not like that mom.  I missed you."  I confessed.  She's always busy with her work so I didn't want to always call her. 

 

"I missed you more, dear.  Anyway, tell me what's your problem." she insisted.  
I bit my lip and began to ask her.  "You see, I'm trying to prepare pudding with peanut.  I've placed 1 bag of peanut but I don't know whether should I add one or two more bags."

 

"Dear, Are you certain you are making a pudding with peanut or a peanut butter?  Don't put too much peanut!  Thats enough!"  I gasped at her statement.  My pudding really did look like a peanut butter rather than a pudding. "How?  I think...I think  I have added a lot." I pouted, hopeless. 

 

"Add more of the pudding mix." 
"omo, mom! How did you know I bought the ready to cook pudding mix?" my eyes beamed with shock. 

 

"Mom knows very well that you can't cook and prepare desserts!" She giggled slightly.  I suddenly felt I missed her more.  "Mom, let's see each other when you're not busy." I said with a serious tone.  "We will." I imagined her smiling as she agreed.  "I have to go now sweetie.  Bye." she hung up without even hearing me say good bye to her back. 

 

I sighed as I stared at my phone.  My eyes fixated on my phone's wallpaper.  It was a picture of me and my mom, eating ice cream together.  I felt a lump in my throat. 

 

All of a sudden, the front door opened.
My room mate had just arrived at this ungodly hour.  It was Sehun.

 

"You just came back?" I asked.  "I was out with Luhan."  He briefly answered.   "Woah, Is something going on between you two?" I teased, seeing how his face brightened up as he mentioned Luhan's name.  I was partly curious actually.  Seeing them always together and even at night, It was something to be curious about. 

 

Sehun stuttered while his ears turned red.  "N-no, there's nothing going on between us!" He waved his hands in denial.  I smirked and giggled.  "Yeah right.  Nothing is going on.  But will you tell me why are your ears turning red?"  Sehun his lips while looking for words to save him. 

 

It was painted on Sehun's face that he was bothered by my question.  Knowing he was speechless and guilty,  I decided to give up waiting for his answer.  "Come here.  Help me out." I beckoned for him to come nearer to which he obeyed.  "Taste it.  How is it?"

 

As Sehun laid eyes on the pudding, I observed his nervous face morphing into a disgusted expression.  "Hey, Hey! What's that look on your face? You're judging the book by it's cover so fast! Didn't your mom teach you not to do that?" Sehun feigned the best smile he could pull off.  "She did taught me that but—are you sure this is really edible? I mean the colour is...a bit.."

 

"It's pudding with peanut! That's why the colour is brown. I just sort of poured too much peanut.  But it's edible.  You try it first!" I scooped a tablespoon of the pudding and fed it forcefully on Sehun. 

 

He chewed on it carefully while pressing his eyes closed, as if he was tormented.  From Sehun's reaction,  I was fixed that I will probably stay up all night to make another batch of pudding.

 

"It's...good." Sehun mumbled while taking another spoon and threw it into his mouth.  "It doesn't taste like poop even though it looks like one!" Sehun beamed as he took another scoop.  

 

I noticed, he took bigger portions of the pudding this time.  I was alarmed.  He might end up eating all of it. 

 

"No more.  You're eating everything." I snapped and took the spoon away from his grip.   "But it's really good!  Let me have one more!" he begged.

 

I tasted it and grinned.  "This is good!" I beamed.  I immediately took the pudding away from Sehun's prying hands and placed it inside the fridge.  "I'll make one for you next time.  Just don't touch this okay? If you touch this, I will never, ever, make one for you, understand?" Sehun nodded reluctantly while pouting.  
I then forced Sehun to go into his bedroom. 

 

I smiled to myself since I couldn't wait for tomorrow's lunch and have Kris taste the pudding.

~~~~ 
The next day~ Lunch
 

The four of us were seated in a circle in our school's backyard garden.  Chanyeol and Kris took out their food instinctively.   Baekhyun brought the rice for everyone while both Chanyeol and Kris brought about 24 side dishes with them. 

 

"Wow! This is a lot!" Baekhyun's eyes glimmered in amazement.  "We bought it from our favorite restaurant! It should taste really good!" Chanyeol said, making Baekhyun clear his throat in an obvious disappointment. 

 

"I thought it was home made.  Anyway, Tao especially prepared us something by himself!" Baekhyun looked at me and signalled for me to take out what I had prepared.  I became flustered.  At some point, I didn't want them to see. I knew it looked terrible.  Very terrible.  And I am not saying this out of humility. It really is terrible looking.  It tastes good but would they even bother to taste it?

 

I took out the container from my paper bag and placed it in front of them.  Baekhyun excitedly clapped his hands while Chanyeol reached to open the lid and reveal the dreadful looking pudding or poo-ding cake.

 

I bit my lower lip and squeezed my eyes shut as if I was gonna be hit later.  
"Tao, w-what is this?" I could hear Baekhyun's voice with a tinge of disappointment and humiliation.  I kept my eyes closed and my head low.  "Peanut P-Puding." I softly said.

 

"Oh?! A-Are you sure you want  to taste that?!" I heard Baekhyun's panicked voice.  I swiftly opened my eyes and glanced at whoever was trying to taste my shameful creation.   Baekhyun's eyes went wide as the person the spoon, tasting the pudding cake.  It was Kris. 

 

"Oh? It's pretty good!" he remarked with a surprised tone before taking out another scoop.  Chanyeol and Baekhyun followed him and tasted the pudding, worry plastered on  their faces at first.  
"Yah, it's not bad." Baekhyun finally said.  "It is good! Really good!"  Chanyeol faced me with a huge grin.  He then took out two spoons and began to scoop a huge, probably half, of the pudding. 

 

I then heard a smack.  And then a whack. Followed by Chanyeol's voice.  "Owwwwww!!" he whimpered in pain.  Baekhyun hit the back of his head while Kris  slapped Chanyeol's left hand.  "We are supposed to share. Don't eat everything." Kris said firmly.  Baekhyun didn't say a word but he made a face at Chanyeol.  Chanyeol seemed to be more afraid of Baekhyun rather than Kris.  Chanyeol mouthed a "sorry" to Baekhyun. 

 

"It's okay Kris.  You can eat all of this pudding!  Chanyeol and I will be too full after eating the side dishes later." Baekhyun reassured him with a smile. 
"Really? Thank you!" Kris beamed with a grin that I've always loved.  He didn't even have second thoughts about having all the pudding to himself.  I thought he said we should share?

 
 

"Let's eat now!" Baekhyun announced. I nodded, my eyes glued on Kris who was still eating the pudding.   Looks like he plans to eat only dessert for lunch. I smiled in great relief.   I was grateful Kris appreciated the food I prepared. 

 

"Thank you, Tao."  Kris said abruptly with a grateful smile on his face.  Just when I thought this day couldn't get any better.  I guess I should thank Baekhyun later.

 

I smiled to myself and started to eat. You did well, Tao, you did well. I praised myself.

 
 

~~~~~
Xiumin's POV
After class~~

 

"Luhan! Wait up!" I shouted as I fixed my desk and quickly placed my books inside my bag.  Luhan seemed to have heard me.  "Yes, Xiumin?" Luhan went back into our classroom and came to my desk.  "Are you going for soccer practice now?" I asked while I quickly hoisted my backpack, ready to leave the room. 

 

"Yes! Can you play now?" 
I shook my head. 
"But I want to watch you play!" 
Luhan smiled and placed his arm around my shoulder.  "Then, let's go!" Luhan dragged me together with him out of the room. 

 
 

~~
I comfortably sat on the bench as I observed Luhan playing our favorite game.  The way he runs and the way sweat made his shirt damp was appealing to eyes.  For an hour, I just sat there watching.  I guess it was a blessing to have me injured so I could enjoy moments such as these.  Luhan waved at me with a wide smile.  "Focus on playing!" I shouted with a tease.  Luhan chuckled and nodded as he looked away to have his eyes fixed on the game.   Luhan's smile was one thing, but his serious expression when playing soccer was making my heart beat even faster. 

 

I like him a lot.  And I would do anything to have him.

 

~~
I was immersed in my thoughts of how I was to confess to Luhan when I heard a sudden whistle. 

 

"Practice is over! You've worked hard!" Our coach yelled from beside me.  "Xiumin," I heard him say.  I looked towards him with wide eyes.  "Y-Yes?"

 

"Please try to get well soon by nextweek.  One of your biggest responsibility is to take care of your health.  Haven't I told you that?" He sounded disappointed.  I couldn't face his upset expression so I lowered my head.  "I'm sorry, coach.  I was irresponsible." 
I heard him let out a sigh.  "Sorry won't cure.  Damage has been done. By next week, I want your feet running on this field, you got it?" "U-understood." I blinked my eyes as I waited for him to walk away.  I heard him take a few steps away.  Once I believed he was finally gone, I lifted my head and caressed my chest in relief.  I sighed heavily and remembered one thing; Luhan.

 

I scanned the field but I saw only some of the members seated on the opposite bench, taking their towels out from their bag to dry themselves.   I then saw a Luhan running towards the other side of the field.  He was running excitedly while grinning.  He then began waving at someone whom I presumed was waiting for him by the other side.  I shifted my attention from Luhan to the person he was waving at.

 

It was Sehun.

 

~~~~~~~

Im working on chapter 15 ~

A/N: I finished this a few days ago but I was in my Smtown sg withdrawal symptoms so I couldn't update it. 

Like, when I woke up in the morning, I did not know what to do now that Exo left the country. I just slept all day

since I felt unwell.  It was raining so so so hard before the concert and I was soaked.  When the concert was almost over, It started to rain hard again and no way was I gonna leave so i got drenched again and it was so windy (sehun's presence and oh he was performing only one when it started to pour and get windy) 

I'm still feeling unwell now, a bit of headache after all that hours since 12 noon till 12 midnight, waiting for exo. at the end of the concert, when artists went into their van, i waited for exo. the vans paused right in front of me but i have no idea who was inside. seriously. because the only one i saw was an snsd member cos she was looking through the car window. i dont even know her name. i want exo but... my life just . 

It more when I was calmly watching Boa rehearsing only one. I was just jamming wooo only one my favorite song. Then there was this guy who danced with boa. He was wearing gray and he had like blonde idk mushroom hair.  He danced like lazy since it was just rehearsal and I was like "who the f is that lazy dancer. He is tall though. And same colour with sehun's hair. Cool. I wonder who will dance with boa tonight. " 

My phone was dead so i was never able to check twitter updates and damn... kill me now. It was sehun. If I knew, I would have ran and went nearer to the exit area of that stage whatever anywhere that i can see him closer cos he is my freaking ultimate to the max...bias. sigh. Don't even ask me about the airport.