EXO High: Luck and Revelations

EXO High

 

 
 
Kai's POV~
 
After having lunch with Kyungsoo at the cafeteria, we came to rest at the school garden.  I sat under a tree, my knees pulled up and my back was against the tree.  Kyungsoo was at the opposite side of the tree with his legs sprawled.  We were silent and just listened to the hum of the birds and felt the soft breeze of the wind.  
 
"I'll be back in a jiffy!" I heard Kyungsoo saying as he ran his way towards somewhere not known to me.   
 
I sat silently and waited for him.  I looked up to the clouds that were forming different shapes. It was really relaxing to look at them.  
Just a while ago when I was at the library, I felt a heavy lump in my throat.  Pain and helplessness.  But the moment I saw the peaceful sky, It  had all gone with the wind.  Not permanently but at least, temporarily.  I felt at ease and I felt my eyes became heavy.  Before I knew it, I drifted to sleep with my head leaning to my right.  
 
 
~~~~
Without your love,
And all I do is waste my time,
I'm stuck between your world and time.
I'm eternally lost, lost and all alone
And it's your love that leads me on~
 
I was awakened by Kyungsoo's heartwarming voice.  He was singing Angel and there was no doubt his voice itself was an angel.  I turned to face him and he was back to his spot a while ago.  I looked up at the sky and it was still bright.  
 
4:30pm, my watch says.  Just how long did I sleep?  And Kyungsoo was still here with me.  He didn't even try to wake me up.   
 
"Kyungsoo..."  I cut his singing.
He abruptly turned to me with his surprised expression.  "Oh! You're already awake!" he then shifted to my spot and sat beside me.  
 
"It's already 4pm.  Why didn't you wake me up?"  I asked.  He smiled before looking up at the sky.  
 
"See that?" his arms pointed upward. 
I followed to where he was pointing but all I could see were clouds.  
"Umm, what's there to see? I see only clouds." I mumbled.  
 
"Exactly.  I didn't wake you up cause you were in the clouds." I raised an eyebrow still not getting what he meant.  
 
He put down his arm and exhaled.   He looked at me helplessly, "You were dreaming, Kai.  You dreamt of Suho and uttered his name in your sleep.  I suppose it was a happy dream since you were smiling.  You were in cloud nine and I didn't want to spoil that." He briefly teased.  
 
"Ah..." I covered my face with my hands.  I felt so embarrassed.  What elese could I have uttered in my sleep?
Did I sleep talk in our dorm too? Before I could gape in horror, another question came to me.  
 
"But you could have just left me here by myself.  Don't you have anything else to do?" I asked as I took down my hands to reveal my bewildered expression on my face.  
 
"Didn't I told you I will be back? You drifted to sleep waiting for me to come back.  What kind of person would I be if I just left you? Besides, Kris and Chanyeol's study session is at 6pm." he said with an alluring smile on his face which I've only noticed then.  
 
Kyungsoo took something from his pocket.  It was a lilac coloured crystal.  I assumed this was what he left me for.  He took my hand and had me hold onto the crystal tightly before he let go.
 
"I'm giving that to you as a present. That's a spirit quartz.  Spirit Quartz carries the vibration of universal love. It may assist you to let go of issues you have been holding onto... and forgive both yourself and the other person."  he said a matter of factly. 
 
I gawked staring at the crystal that was on my hand.  It wasn't big.  It fit my palm perfectly.  I turned it around to have a better look.  It was pretty; the way it glistened with light passing through it was enchanting.  But how can a crystal help me?
 
"Are you serious? I-I mean... this can't be legit right?"  I turned to him rather amused and skeptical. 
 
"Just use it.  When you feel sad or feeling down, you can hold on to it and it shall take away that negative energy from you." he grinned with confidence.
 
"You're not joking?" I asked him again. 
"Do I look like a clown to you? Give it back then If you can't appreciate my gift!" Kyungsoo snapped.  He tried to grab the crystal back to which I immediately  held away from him.  
 
"N-no, I like it.  Sorry about that.  I appreciate it a lot.  It's just...I've never heard of such thing before.  I'm sorry for doubting you, Kyungsoo.  I promise I will take care of this." I held up my free hand with my pinky showing.   His frown turned to a smile as he held up his pinky delightedly and did the pinky swear with me.  
 
I placed the crystal in my pocket and we both looked up at the sky together.  I would yell out a random shape that I saw from the clouds that were forming and he would try to find it as quickly as possible. 
 
"Kai, If you have any problems, you can confide them with me." he said without looking at me; his gaze was fixed on the sky.  Kyungsoo, although I only met him for a while, I felt like I can confide anything to him.  He gave me that feeling of solace when he curves his mouth to an enticing smile.  I smiled without looking at him and nodded.  "Yes, I will tell you." 
 
"Ahh, Kyungsoo." I recollected something in my thoughts.
Kyungsoo faced me, blinking for a few times.  "Hmm? What is it?".  
 
"I-I feel embarrassed when we study English in public.  I feel stupid in other people's eyes," I confessed lowering my head before I continued reluctantly, "can we study English at your place or mine instead?" I suggested shyly. 
I heard him giggle. I glanced at him and i saw him bit his lower lip to stop himself from cackling.  He then spoke when he finally got his composure back.
 
"Of course Kai! That's not a problem. By the way, I'm just wondering since you're also friends with Baekhyun..."  he paused.  
 
"What about it?" I urged him to continue. 
"Well, does he know about who do you like? Baekhyun's my friend too but he's not really good in keeping secrets to himself.  He's kind of—" 
 
"blabbermouthed." I finished his sentence and we chuckled in unison.  "I know, I know.  That's why I never told or hinted him about it."  I said. 
 
"I really pity Tao somehow.  Baekhyun's so worked up on getting them together with Kris while Tao is just bashful and reluctant."  I revealed and shook my head before turning to face Kyungsoo.  
 
Kyungsoo gaped.  His eyeballs were about to fall off from his eye sockets.  Thank god it didn't.   He looked so surprised.  
 
"Y-you know that Tao likes Kris too?!" Kyungsoo screeched.  Realizing he had raised his voice a little too much, he covered his mouth quickly while looking around for a soul that could have heard him.  Luckily, there was no one.  
 
"Yes! I know! Baekhyun told me and Sehun." I laughed with the sudden revelation.  
"Woah, he's like a news broadcaster. Anything you tell him will be broadcasted to the entire population."  Kyungsoo shook his head in disbelief.
 
We continued to chat about every possible thing we both could relate to until it was time for him to meet up with Kris and Chanyeol.  
 
"Don't think I have forgotten.  Our lesson today was held back.  Next week's session would be double, okay?" Kyungsoo reminded me with a cheeky smile before running off. 
 
He left me in the garden as I continued to watch the sunset.     
 
 
 
~~~~
The following day, Sunday... 
 
Suho's POV ~ 
 
After I had prepared breakfast,  I went to Kai's bed and sat at the edge.  I prodded him to wake him up.  After a few moments, he finally groaned hinting me that he has awakened.  Kai made a few turns in his bed before he lifted himself up and murmurred.  "What's for breakfast?"  
"Bread and Jam." I smiled at him.  "Again?" he pouted.  
 
"Yes because we haven't gone shopping groceries yet.  Which reminds me that we should go shopping today. By the way, did you ate all our lay's chips?"  I questioned him.  Kai smirked, "ah lay's chips. Sehun ate all of it. Luhan too."  He covered his face with his hands as he got out of  his bed, walking groggily towards the dining area.   
 
 
~~~
 
"Kai," I paused to take a sip from my chocolate milk.  Kai kept munching on his food.  "Remember Donghae? the guy who was supposed to be the Prince in our play?"  I waited for Kai to look at me and bobbed his head  before I continued, "well, he just transferred to another school last friday." 
 
"What?!" Kai choked slightly on his bread.  I immediately stood up from my seat to help him but he waved his hand eagerly to stop me.  "I-I am... I am okay." he managed to speak between coughs.  
 
As soon as he cleared his throat, he spoke again with apprehension in his eyes.  "But what about your play? Suho, it's 2 and a half weeks left, how are you gonna manage?"  
 
"I know.  But I have found one way." I told him.  Kai took his orange juice from the table and drank it.  He motioned me to continue talking while he was drinking.  "Umm Kai, I'd rather you finish drinking that first before I tell you what's my solution.  You might spit everything on me in shock.  I don't feel like taking an orange juice bath in the morning."  Kai raised an eyebrow with my statement.  
 
"Okay, what is it that could have me spitting  my orange juice all over your face?"  Kai asked sarcastically once he finished drinking.  
 
"Well, we clearly don't have anyone in our drama club to replace Donghae. All of our drama club members have  a role of their own. So we thought of asking help for someone who isn't in drama club.  Someone who can act despite the limited time left for practice and also, someone who fits the role of a prince." I carefully explained to Kai.  Hoping he understood how crucial this was.
 
"I think that's the only thing left to do.  Have you found someone who can do that?"  Kai finally asked.  
 
I gulped.  I was reluctant to answer him.  I squeezed my eyes shut and convinced myself that I'm only doing this since I had no choice.  I opened my eyes and mouthed the name.  "We need Lay in our play." 
 
"No!" he immediately  said which made me flinch slightly.  "B-but Kai, like I said, he's the only one who can help us." I rushed over to his seat and practically begged.  Kai stood and walked towards the living room.   I followed suit.  
 
"Suho, no.  No.  I-I can't let you have Lay, he's important in our club.  He helps me with the dance routines.  I can't,  okay."  Kai reasoned, gesticulating frantically as he did.  
 
"You can still perform without Lay.  Unlike us, we can't!" I insisted.  "Aren't there any other person in this school who can act?"  Kai faced me with his arms akimbo.  "There are but they don't fit the role of a prince." I said.  
 
"Screw that! Do you really have to care about that now?  Suho, you're running out of time and you're still thinking about the right casting?"  Kai seemed to be already annoyed.  I went silent.  
 
"You can't have Lay in drama club."  Kai announced curtly before he locked himself in our bedroom with a slam. 
 
I plunged myself on the couch, defeated.  I lay there, waiting for Kai to get out of the bedroom.  
 
He will change his mind  I thought before closing my eyes to sleep.
 
 
~~ 
Moments later,  I woke up.  I stayed in the couch, still waiting for Kai to loosen up a bit.  I glanced at our wall clock continously.  
 
Finally, it said it was already  10:30am.  
Approximately 2 hours from  when mine and Kai's  argument started.  I stood knowing he would come out of the room any minute. I walked to and fro in the living room with my hands in my pocket.
 
This wasn't the first time I argued with Kai.  When we argued before and he walked away, he would calm down at exactly 2 hours after and start to talk to me.  He would ask for a  condition before he grants my wish whatever it is.  
 
I counted in my thoughts.  He'll be out in 5,...4,...3,...2,...1.
 
I heard the door swung open.  Kai's footsteps getting nearer and nearer.  
 
"I'll let you have Lay with one condition."  he mumbled. As expected.  
I knew exactly what his condition would be. He would ask me to play games with him and if I won all, he would grant my wish.   
 
I scooted to the couch and sat comfortably. I leaned my back against the couch.  "Go ahead." I said dryly. 
 
Kai faced me and smirked.  " Play Xbox Kinect with me.  Let's do Boxing." I looked up to him waiting for more of his conditions.  Playing Boxing was fine with me. 
 
 "Dance Central." 
 
"Dance Central?! Unfair!" I grumbled in my seat.  I wasn't someone who can dance better than him. 
 
"And lastly, rock paper scissors." he added.  
 
There was no way I could win against Kai at any game.  He had luck all over his body that until now, I never won once when it came to games.  
 
I then remembered something.  "Ah! We have to shop for groceries, remember? How about we play that too?  The one who could guess a price nearest to the actual receipt of everything we bought, will win.  The loser will pay for everything!"  I suggested.   Without any second thoughts,  Kai agreed with confidence.  
 
I'm usually the one who shopped for groceries.  Which meant I had a higher chance to know the price of each item.  Kai will definitely lose this round.  "We shall go shopping first."  I declared excitedly.  I really didn't have to win actually.  Whether I win or not, Kai would grant my desire at the end of the day.  
 
Still, I want to win against him for once in my life. 
 
 
 
~~~~
 
Exhausted and drained, I sprawled myself in our the living room's carpeted floor.  It was 10:34 pm and we had just finished playing Xbox Kinect.  I was sweating profusely and I could hardly breathe.   I gazed up to the ceiling, recollecting the days' events.  
 
As expected,  I lost to Kai in Dance Central, Boxing and even to rock, paper and scissors.  
 
I smirked to myself and covered my face while I thought of the groceries this morning. 
 
I had guessed the right total price for the stuff we bought.  Kai's guess was way lower than the actual price. If not for the people around us, I would have jumped for joy and danced.
 
For once, I finally won.  
 
I tried to contain myself in public by letting out muffled giggles under my hand that was covering my mouth.
 
Kai had a scowl on his face when I asked him for the payment.  Unfortunately, my golden victory turned as hard as a useless rock when I heard the cashier say, "Sir,  we are actually having 30% discount on all our items."  She grinned with her pleasant news while I was in horror.
 
I felt bricks were thrown at my face that instant.  Kai's guess was the nearest to the discounted total price and mine was way too high.   
 
I paid all the items and carried all of it myself while mourning for the tragic death of my wallet.  I then concluded that there really was no way for me to win against him.   
 
~~
I smiled and turned my head to face the couch.  Kai was on the couch. 
Once I finally got a little of my energy back,  I carefully hoisted myself up. 
 
I squatted on the floor, near the couch. I faced Kai who whimpered as I brushed off his hair away from his eyes.  I wiped his sweat on his forehead with my palm.  He whimpered again by the contact but his eyes were still shut.   "Suho..." he muttered in his sleep. 
 
"I'm letting you have Lay in drama club..." he said softly.   I smiled and whispered into his ear, "I know you will.  Thank you, Kai." 
 
I carried Kai on my back towards our bedroom. I placed him carefully  in his bed. 
I felt his back was still wet with sweat so I turned him on one side and wiped them with a towel.
"Kai, how many times do I have to tell you that you shouldn't let your sweat dry itself on your skin."
 
 
He didn't reply.  I turned him flat on his bed after wiping his back.  He was fast asleep. I couldn't help but stare at him.  His chest was moving up and down as he inhaled and exhaled.  I leaned closer to Kai once more.  
 
I his soft black hair with my right hand while I watched him sleep.  He snored a little bit.
 
"Kai..." I whispered.  
 
I then reminisce our times shared.  The times we started to feel like we were brothers.  The times when he would still let me strangle him with my arms and hug him afterwards.  And that  one night I heard him utter my name in his sleep, murmurring that he had started to like me.
 
 
I felt helpless as his brother and friend.  
No matter how arduous was it on my part that I knew I was the one hurting him,  the most I could do was took care of him physically.  I regret I couldn't return back his love.  
 
I sighed heavily and  forced a smile as I spoke to him who was in his deep slumber. 
 
"I'm sorry if you're suffering right now.  Please, don't shed tears any more for me. You will find someone better who will love you back.  Someone who deserves you more, my little brother." 
 
I caressed his cheeks before leaning forward to give him a soft kiss on his full lips.  
 
"I knew all long that you liked me and the most I could do was this. I'm sorry.  Hyung is useless." I confessed, pained with the words slipping through my mouth.
 
 
I then turned my back on him and curled up into a ball.
 
I started to weep. 
 
 
 
 
A/N: 
Finally I can start with hunhan and the rest after this chapter ;A;
sorry, i just had to establish this part of kai and suho first.