EXO High: Realize

EXO High

A/N: Dear readers, before reading this chapter, do read the previous one first, here. That chapter originally contained 

a personal post on thanking my readers but I've decided to delete it and replace it with the chapter intended for it. I didn't want to mess up the chapter numbers in the future. 

 

 

Tao's POV~

 

"Luhan was near my locker!" Sehun exclaimed as he clapped his hands with high spirits all of a sudden that it made me jump a little.

"What do you mean?" I asked. Sehun, wide eyed and excited as if he uncovered a mystery, began to speak.

"The letters were found in my locker. And earlier today, I've spotted Luhan near my locker. He was acting really suspicious and when I called out to him, he seemed like he didn't really want me to see him there."


"O....kay. So?" I urged. I knew what he meant but I was reluctant to speculate again since he just said I shouldn't do it anymore.

 

"What? I mean, look! Think about it. It could really be Luhan after all." Sehun insisted. I smirked at how he turned a 180 degrees turn. Earlier he was bitter about my idea and now, he's insisting it could be true.


"I thought you didn't want any of my speculations? I clearly heard someone say they would kill me if I talk further about Luhan."

Sehun clicked his tongue before defending himself. "I know I might have said that but this time around, I just realized that you could be right!" Sehun paused, observing my unamused expression with my arms firmly crossed against my chest.

 

"Well, I can tell you more things about what the first few letters wrote and what Luhan told me when I got those..." he trailed off. 

"Woo woo, wait, wait." I unfolded my arms and gestured for Sehun to stop talking.  "What Luhan said when you got those letters? What do you mean?" I asked further as the situation seemed to be more and more interesting.

 

"Luhan was beside me when I got the first letter and he told me the sender was probably a guy and he really insisted on it. He do have an explanation as to why he thinks so though, but don't you think it's weird? It's suspicious how he was near my locker this afternoon but seemed like he did not want me to see him there."


"Hmmmm, you could be right. It could be him all along...but you could be wrong too." I noticed Sehun's hopeful eyes gradually showing disappointment right after what I said.

"We cant be too sure. Perhaps you have to go and spy him as well. He might come to your locker and drop the letter." I suggested.

"I guess I will do that. I will try to come at the same time I did today."

"Preferably" I said.

I noticed Sehun in wide smiles as he went to lay down in his bed again.

I tried to stiffle my laughter seeing him act like that.

 

I was right, he really liked Luhan after all.

Finally, someone he likes.


"Goodnight Sehun. Hope you dream of Luhan tonight." I giggled as I stood up to turn off the lights.

"Don't start with me Tao. You haven't told me about you and Kris yet." He warned.

"We're doing well." I managed to say as the room went dark. I lay in my bed and thought of, no one else but Kris.

Ive been meeting Kris during Chanyeol and Baekhyun's date lately. It seemed like a double date to me. But nothing actually happens between me and Kris. After my accidental date with Kris in Everland that sunday, I firmly thought I can finally speak with him normally.  But once I'm surrounded with my friends in school, I can't help but think of them laughing their off as I try to speak with Kris. 

Then again, Kris only needed a companion desperately that day. It wasn't like we became instant good friends anyway. 

Whenever I tag along Beef's and Chanyeol's date, in which I'm surprised that they don't really mind at all, I can feel an invisible wall between me and Kris.

"Sigh." an audible sigh escaped my lips.

 

"Stop thinking about Kris and go to sleep." Sehun mumbled sleepily.

"Fine." I replied with an irritated tone before squeezing my eyes shut and drifted to sleep.

 

 

 

The next day in Kai's POV ~

 

"Here," Kyungsoo passed me the rice across the table. I was at his dorm again, about to do some final review from the previous mock exam he had given me that day when I was rushed to the hospital.

 

Fortunately, I got good grades from the mock exam we conducted but I did not get full marks.

Today's tutorial would be a review on the questions that I got wrong answers.

 

"You have to eat first before we start our tutorial. I'm afraid of you collapsing again." Kyungsoo remarked.

"Fine. Are you sure you wont miss out in your classes and lessons though? This is the second time you skipped your class for me." I took a spoonful of the rice and took some side dishes that tasted really good.

"I've studied the lessons two weeks ahead, so i'm fine with it."

I nodded at this, focusing on the tasty food that was inside my mouth. 

Ahh, it's so good. It would be nice to eat this everyday.

 

My tasty food paradise was interrupted when I noticed Kyungsoo not even touching his food. "Aren't you gonna eat?"

"No, I'm punishing myself." he curtly said. 

"What? Why? my forehead creased. 

"It's my turn to starve now since I've starved you a few days ago. If I have fed you before anything else, you wouldn't have collapsed." he said with his head low and his shoulders dropped.

"Kyungsoo, you don't need to do this. It's not your fault at all. Please, eat" I insisted.

He shook his head strongly to digress.

"Kyungsoo, just eat."

"I'm not hungry."

 

stomach grumbles

 

I chuckled as soon as I saw Kyungsoo's face blush. Boy, he looked really cute when he is embarrassed.

"Your stomach is strongly protesting. Just eat. It wasn't your fault okay. If you don't eat, I won't eat either." I placed down my spoon and fork as soon as I said so.

Kyungsoo panicked and was forced to finally agree.

 

I grinned before taking another mouthful of the food.

I can't help but smile at every move he makes though. He looked so fragile and innocent.

 

He does things with sincerity and nothing in return. At that moment, I suddenly felt very blessed to be sitting with him, having lunch in the same table.

I reminisced the very first time he spoke to me about my feelings for Suho. That day, he handed me the crystal stone that he said will make me feel better. I started to believe that the crystal really works after a while and always kept it inside my pocket.

 

My eyes travelled from his eyes to his lips. His mouth moved as he ate and his tongue stuck out to  the sauce that remained in his lips. It was adorable.

 

He was adorable. 

 

"What's wrong? Why are you smiling like an idiot to yourself?" Kyungsoo asked curiously with his mouth full. He then looked behind him after noticing that my eyes were directed to his direction.

"Is there someone behind me that seemed comical?"

"It's nothing. Let's eat." I abruptly said.

 

I munched my food hurriedly with my eyes glued on my plate. I felt my cheeks heat up as I did. With only the sound of our spoon and fork and us eating, it was pretty silent inside his dorm for me to hear my own heartbeat palpitate.

 

What was that feeling i felt just now

Gosh, why do I suddenly have the urge to want to look at him most of the time

What's wrong with me..

 

"Kai?"

I felt my blood rush towards my cheeks when I heard him call my name. 

Startled, I stood up from my seat and quickly drank the water beside me.

"I'm done!" I declared suddenly, before I left for the living room.

 

I didn't even get to see Kyungsoo's reaction after that but, I just couldn't bear to feel that way again. I felt so tensed while sitting in his sofa. I heard Kyungsoo saying he's almost done.

 

I seriously don't know what happened. 

I pondered in my seat silently. 

 

What was that strange feeling?

It...it reminds me of a feeling I had before.

The feeling I had for Suho.. but it feels slightly better than that. I don't know.

Oh.. my.. god.


this can't be. 

 

"Kai!"

I jumped from my seat as I heard him call my attention.

"W-what??" I asked. He was already standing in front of me, his arms folded against his chest.

"What's the matter with you? I've been trying to talk to you but you kept on ignoring me."

"R-really?"

He nodded.

I met his eyes once more.

"Did you put something in my food? like a love potion?" I absentmindedly asked.

"A what?!"

"I mean, a poison. Poison."

"Kai, you've gone nuts."

Wow, I really think so too. All i just wanna do now is go pound myself into ashes, never to be seen again.

I swear i didn't know what else to say to him if he didn't change the topic. We'll probably stay quiet the whole time.

 

"Anyway, why didn't you finish your food? The side dishes I've prepared will go to waste." 

 

I cursed in my head. My Food Paradise is wasted.  

I caressed my nape nervously while I tried to look for excuses and a possible way to save the food.

"Well, umm, I'm full. I'm sorry. But can you pack some of it for me? I'd like to bring them with me. Suho would probably order pizza again tonight. I bet he is sick of eating those."  

Kyungsoo nodded with a slight smile before heading back to the kitchen without a word. 

 

I exhaled heavily and felt for my forehead that has now formed beads of sweat.

I felt for my chest and my heart gradually beat normally after a few minutes. I mentally made a note of having to deal and think about this incident later at my dorm and decided to act as normal as possible for the time being. 

 

 

A/N: Hello guys! I know you've waited for sooo long ;_; im sorry. I was in a writer's block. hnnggg. Thank you so much for those who waited and for the new subscribers! Do comment what you feel, upvote this story if you think it deserves it and subscribe if you havent! I loveyou all~ Thank youu soo  much for sticking up with me. T_T