Kai and Atiya (II)

A Series of Exo Love Events

Atiya's POV

How can he... Even though I was dying not to stare at Kai, I couldn't seem to stop myself. He was dressed differently than his usual school uniform. Ripped jeans and a tight sleeveless that emphasized his well-built body well. It was the first time I saw him like this. Why did my enemy have to be so attractive, while me, being all plain, at an obvious disadvantage. 

"Are you okay?" Krystal asked, eyeing me and Kai. I just realized I had unintentionally pursed my lips. 

"Are you pouting?" She asked again. 

"A-aniya... Why would I be?" I decided to play dumb. Krystal just rolled her eyes and jerked her thumb towards Kai when he strolled over to the cashier to order.

"Unnie! It's not what you think!" I quickly defended myself. Krystal just chuckled, and I found myself in the most awkward situation.

"If you have nothing with him, why would you be defending yourself so quickly?" She winked, making me blush. Kai turned around all of a sudden, still with the same lazy expression, holding the cups of coffee. His eyes met mine, and I thought I saw his eyes widen a little, but it was so fast I thought i was hallucinating. His eyes quickly darted away and went back to his usual bored expression, going back to his seat like nothing odd had happened. I had to admit, I was a bit disappointed. But what could I expect from him? Coming up to a nerdy girl infront of all his friends just to annoy me? Puh-lease. I knew he thought I wasn't worth the time. I disliked him more after that. 

 

Kai's POV

Was that Atiya? I couldn't make sure because I had only made a one time glance at her, and found her looking at me as well. I didn't want to be a creeper, if it wasn't Atiya but another girl, they would probably think I was interested or something... I sat down casually, fighting the urge to look at her again. The whole time I could feel her eyes literally burning holes in my back. But why is she staring at me. Doesn't she hate me? Shouldn't she be running outside the minute I come in? Another explanation is that it wasn't Atiya at all. Maybe another one of my fangirls who looks the same as her and attracted to my charm. Yes, that will explain it all, I tried convincing myself. 

After we were all finished our coffee and snacking on some desserts, I saw 'Atiya' leave. Her movement was quick, but it was clear she wanted me to notice. 

 

Atiya's POV

He didn't even bother to look at me. What is this? Am I angry at Kai for ignoring me? Maybe I have always loved his attention. I shook my head as I ran outside. I couldn't stand him anymore. He was appearing everywhere in my life but didn't hold any responsibility for doing so. It just wasn't fair. I dashed behind the cafe and leaned against the wall. I had told Krystal to leave first because she had to get back home to deal with something, I told her I would be fine. Apparently, I'm not. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up. 

"You're being a little sensitive." Kai said with his deep, smooth voice.

"Am not." I snapped.

"See, see? You get angry so easily, and it's not even my fault this time." His head tilted to the side, eyeing me sideways."Is it your week?" 

"AISH! NO!" I yelled. Kai just chuckled.

"Y-you don't even know what it's about." I said in a slightly nicer tone. 

"Oh? Tell me." He brushed my hair to the side, his light touch sending me the shivers.

"I don't want to." I pouted. "What are you going to do about it?" Kai gave a little smirk, and without warning he kissed me. What the hell, did this bastard just kiss me. 

I pushed him away, already getting red. "Are you playing with me, Kai? This is not funny." 

"I like you."

"Oh get the hell out of here." I muttered, starting to walk away.

"Wait!" He chased after me, grabbing my left arm. "Do you want to go to the senior dance with me?" 

I whipped around in disbelief, but I couldn't let go of my pride. "Ani." I continued to walk. This time, he didn't chase after me. 

"Rejected~" The boys yelled, and I could hear them slapping Kai, laughing.

"Okay, what was the bet again?" I heard Luhan say loudly, while the Chen and Sehun laughed. 

"Three hundred dollars~~" The two cooed. "You lost~" 

"Aish! Not so loud! I'll give you the money, okay?" Kai tried to say quietly, but I had slowed my pace to just close enough to hear him. I clenched my fists. So. It was all for fun. I was nothing more than a bet between the rich boys.  

 

A week later, Monday, 3 more days til the dance*

Atiya's POV

Kai hasn't bothered me for a whole week, which was surprisingly hurtful, for some odd reason. I kept hoping he would tease me like usual. It would at least mean he knows I exist. But no, Kai has been purposely avoiding me, his cold look never changing since that day I turned him down. He can't be genuinely hurt, can he? I would think. Of course not! Was the answer everytime. There were so many girls that liked him, even if I hurt his ego, his fangirls would probably just boost it up over the top again. 

I sighed, putting away my textbooks to head to P.E class. A million things were running through my head. If I didn't go to the dance, there was a good chance I wouldn't graduate. It was like a ceremony, almost. But if I went, I wouldn't have a date, and that would be awkward. I decided that not graduating was the worst thing that could happen. I was going to the dance--alone. 

 

At the dance* 

I didn't want people to notice me, so I just put on a mask. That made it worse, as I walked in my sky blue mask, that was a bit overly ornated, all the heads turned and started to talk. I couldn't hear what they were saying, and I hoped it wasn't anything bad... but the chance of it being good was pretty low. I stood there awkwardly as the couples danced, kissing, hugging, whispering words of love.  Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. 

"K-Kai?" I stuttered in disbelief. He was in a suit, looking gorgeous, with the same look on his face. He didn't meet my eyes. 

"Atiya." How did he know it was me? I quickly put a hand on my face to make sure the mask was still there. Kai took my hand off of my face and held it. 

"It's still there, don't worry." He said, amused. 

"How did you know?" I questioned, eyes wide. 

"I would recognize your body anywhere." He said casually, while I blushed, anger started to boil up.

"Y-yah! Watch what your saying." 

"I meant your fat body." Kai gave me a wicked grin. I slapped him on the arm, hard, and prepared to leave. He grabbed both my wrists and held it against his chest. 

"Let go, now." I said sternly as possible, but his scent was appealing and had me dazed. 

"Do you really want me to?" Kai breathed. I shut my eyes tight as he leaned in closer. But I managed to squeeze out a 'yes'. He let go, just like that. Alright! Did I sound convincing?

"Want to dance with me, then?" He asked gently. I hesitated. "If you don't want to be here alone and awkward, you would say yes." He persuaded.

"Aish. A-arrasso." I muttered. He seemed to be more careful this time as he held me. I heard more gossiping, but I ignored it well. 

"What have you been up to the past week that I didn't bug you?" Kai whispered in my ear. 

"I was the happiest person on the planet." I lied. I knew Kai could tell. 

"Really?" he smirked. He let go of my waist and I started to panick a little. 

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't--" But then he put his hand on my head and gently pushed it down onto his shoulder blade.

"What are you sorry for?"

"N-nothing." I mumbled. Aish, what did he want. Like reading my mind, Kai spoke again, his voice more firm.

"I want you to be my girlfriend. I like you, Atiya."

"I don't like you."

"Are you still going to pretend?"

"A-ani."

"Then say yes, you want to be my girlfriend." Kai said again. I sighed. I had to give in to his puppy eyes. What happened to all the hate i needed at this moment? Why did I have to fall for him. 

"Yes." I said, my voice low. He hugged me tighter, crushing me against his chest, and removed my mask. He looked at me for a while with a relaxed expression, and kissed my forehead. 

-END- 

 

 

~Author's note 

I LOVE THIS STORY SNIFF. one of my faves yet. okay, yeah i used a lot of romantic feels again OTL .. 

Once again, THANK YOU FOR THE SUBSCRIBERS AND IF YOU'RE NOT ALREADY SUBSCRIBED, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE!~~ and love the comments! thank you for the requests and i'm working on it ^^ Enjoy the mini fics~