Kai and Atiya

A Series of Exo Love Events

Atiya's POV 

Aish! That Kai. Why is he always so mean, cold and arrogant. And why does he have to be good looking, smart, a good dancer, and popular. Why does he have to have so many fangirls. I absolutely detested him. When we were in grade 8, he kept making fun of my child roundness, laughing at me with his other guy friends. They were bullies, and it was something I would never forget. Ever. I was always finding a way to make him go through the humiliation I did. But that, of course, never happened. He still teases me about my weight sometimes but has stopped recently because I proudly lost 20lbs in the last half a year or so. He thought he could make fun of me just because he was a dancer. Because dancers are skinny and must be attractive. And they are y when they dance. All the teachers loved him, always wanting him to perform for the school's special occasions. I never went to them once where there was Kai in the show.

I walked down the school halls, my foot steps seemed to grow heavier as I thought of Kai. It was the second period of the day, and I'm heading to bio. Today was a relatively good day--Kai did not come and bug me like he does every single day. Oh crap. Speak of the devil... 

Kai's POV

She was straight across and glowering at me. I my lips and smirked, and her eyes widened a slight bit. 

"Annyeong." I said putting a hand on the locker, blocking her way.

Narrator's POV

"There they go again." Some girls were whispering, gossiping about her and Kai. Everyone in the school knew theirstory, and, everyone [meaning girls] were on Kai's side.

Kai's POV

"Quit it, Kai. I'm going to be late." She said, and I noticed her voice shaking a little. 

"So? Come hang with me?" I looked away casually, checking out some of the hot girls. 

"Of course you don't care! Your rich appa fixes everything for you." She stated. I smirked again. 

"He's my appa. He should solve issues for me." 

"Spoiled brat." She muttered under her breath and walked the opposite direction. 

"Taking the long way?" I yelled across the hall.

"I don't care! I hate you, Kai!" She stormed off. 

"I like your shirt today!" I teased. But I did, sort of. It emphasized her curves well, making her look tall and slim. I wiped my lips and groaned. Class. Ugh. Everything in this school was so boring, only Atiya could add a slight bit of fun to it. She was the best to tease. 

 

Narrator's POV

"Dancing unit!" The P.E teacher announced. It was the last period of the day. Aitya groaned. The thing she hated the most about high school was all the pairing up, and romance. She didn't mind the romance, if there was anyone who wanted to date her at least. Atiya was known for her good grades and stubborn personality, therefore, no guys wanted to 'challenge' her. 

"Okay, find a partner of the opposite gender." He ordered. Everyone found a pairing. Except Atiya. She watched as girls swarmed around Kai, but he had a blank expression on. The hell is he thinking, can't he see all the girls circling around him? Atiya thought, glaring. Kai caught her eye as she was just about to turn around. He moved forward, and automatically, all the girls made way for him, wondering who he will choose. They all gasped simultaneously as Kai approached Atiya slowly. 

"Wanna be my partner?" Kai still had the lazy look in his eyes, acting like he doesn't care.

"Even if you were the last person on Earth, ... Ani." Atiya looked back in his eyes sternly. 

"Yah! I'm trying to help you."

"Really. That's funny, Kai. It really is." 

"You're not going to have a partner. I'm probably the first guy to ask you." Kai scoffed.

"So?! That doesn't mean I'm weak and vulnerable. They're just all scared of me." Atiya sounded a bit hurt. Why did it have to be Kai telling her this? 

"Is everything okay?" The P.E teacher asked, anxious. "Kai-ssi?" 

"Neh." Kai answered and did an 'i surrender' pose, backing away from Atiya. "I'm just trying to be nice. I still have a lotta girls waitin' for me over there. Catch ya later!" 

"Fine!" Atiya blurted out. "Then be my partner!" 

Kai turned around slowly, slightly surprised. Atiya herself, didn't know where the courage came from. 

"Arrasso! Everyone has a partner?" The P.E teacher smiled warmly. 

"Neh!" The students answered in unison. 

Atiya was really nervous as Kai's strong arms wrapped around her waist, their bodies against each other. Kai didn't seem to take notice of her awkwardness, and Atiya let a silent sigh of relief.

The music began, full of energy and had a very strong beat to it. It was then when Atiya realized Kai was a swift dancer. She's always known he wasn't bad at  dancing but 'to see is to believe', and since she was the one dancing with him, she could feel how well he dealt with the rhythm and moves. He took the leading all very well, and Atiya knew he was the best dancer out of all the guys in the gym so far. She found dancing with Kai easy, and the two of them were unmistakingly the best dance couple out there, all thanks to Kai. While other girls were having trouble with guys stepping on them, Kai never missed a beat, always on the go. He learned the moves fast as well, and even helped Atiya with some of the moves she found hard. Atiya tried to remember he was the guy that she hated the most in the entire school. But dancing, Kai was a completely different person.

"Class! I'm going to get Kai-ssi and Atiya-ssi to come and demonstrate the dance we just learned." The P.E teacher said. Atiya was not very thrilled. Kai, on the other hand, seemed to be pretty confident. He's always over-confident, duh. A small voice in her head said. 

"Erhm.. Kai..." Atiya hissed. "Just reject it."

"No, it's a good chance to show off." Kai hissed back without turning around. Atiya rolled her eyes, annoyed. Still Kai. 

The whole time Atiya has been avoiding eye contact with Kai, but this time he seemed to want to stare at her, making her blush occasionally. 

"Y-yah." Atiya muttered under her breath. "Stop doing that Kai."

"Doing what?" Kai was still gazing into her eyes intensely, as he answered lazily.

"Stop staring at me!" Atiya hissed. "Look elsewhere."

"This is a couple dance, we're supposed to be acting as lovers." he answered matter-of factly.

"I'm already dancing with you and that's enough torture." Atiya knew she was enjoying herself, but her pride told her to say that. "Now you want me to act?"

"You seem pretty dramatic." Kai continued with the same expression the entire time. 

"Aish! I don't know what I'm going to do about you! You're so annoying." 

"You sound like a girlfriend scolding her boyfriend." Kai whispered back, smirking. Atiya blushed again and looked away. For once she has nothing to say, subconsiously, she did feel like they were dating... or something. They didn't talk again for the entire P.E class, only danced together. Atiya felt even more awkward. Kai was still relaxed. 

 

                                                                                         * * *

Atiya's feelings for Kai has changed a little. Her hatred started to turn into annoyance, and at the same time, she wanted to see him everyday. She knew he wasn't good for her health. Atiya explained what had happened to her bestfriend, who was the school's popular queen, Krystal. 

"You mean... he asked to dance with you himself?" Krystal's eyes widened, as she sipped her coffee. Atiya and Krystal were at a Starbucks coffee shop. Sunday afternoon.

"Neh." Atiya sighed. "I know it's surprising for me. You're probably used to it, so much guys like you." 

"But none of them have the courage to tell me, so, it's nothing. They all just surround me when I walk across the halls, like zombies." Krystal rolled her eyes. Atiya knew she was lying for her benefit. Krystal's confession letters come piling in every single day non stop. Half the time, she recycles the letters at home.  Atiya didn't think she would become best friends with the school's queen at all. Krystal was so... dazzling, and Atiya did have to admit, snobby to others. But she was genuinely nice to Atiya, and became the best of friends since high school started. Not once had Krystal betrayed her. Atiya also knew that Krystal had her own troubles that she couldn't tell anyone. Deep down, Krystal was a sweet and well-mannered girl. Only around Atiya could Krystal be herself. 

"Yeah right." Atiya smiled, and didn't reveal the truth. 

"Kai is really something." Krystal smiled. "You should cherish him."

"Me?!" Atiya asked in disbelief. "He only asked me to dance. And that was probably to mock me." 

"I don't think so. You'll find out within a week or two." 

"Ugh. I don't think I want to, Krystal." 

"It's okay. Open up for once, Atiya. Let someone into your life." Krystal put her hand over Atiya's and smiled warmly. Krystal could give really good advice and Atiya trusted her more than herself. 

"Thanks." 

Just then, a someone who looked very familiar came into the coffee shop, bringing three other guys with him. Kai. Along with Sehun, Luhan, and Xiumin. Atiya quickly turned around, hoping they would not notice. 

 

~Author's note

I like how this story is going.. and Kai seems to be an easier person to picture and he has a very distinguishing personality! Relatively easy to see him saying things kekekek . OMG I LOVE EXO SO MUCH. sorry fangirl moment.

Lulz. So um, thank you again for all my subscribers and please send any requests if you want your personal fanfic ^^ keep the comments coming. love you guys!