Chapter 4 - Sehun and Mika

A Series of Exo Love Events

Mika has finally convinced Sehun to give her a chance to explain everything at her house. How? She doesn't know. Maybe with her teary eyes and throaty snuffles while trying to apologize to him. Sehun also knows she has done nothing wrong, and so this might be a good chance to make up for his "not-very-well-controlled-temper". 

-At Mika's House Again- 

Sehun and Mika are both silent. Mika tries to glance at Sehun a few times, but their eyes keep meeting. There goes the plan of making this less awkward, thought Mika. Mika being more mature and always seeing Sehun as a brother, decides to talk.

"Well, Sehun... I'm sorry about hurting you like that. But, I think you misunderstood. I didn't reject you."

"I'm sorry too." Sehun said awkwardly. "I..uh, didn't mean to get angry. But it's my, um, first time..... saying something like that." Sehun shuffled and fidgeted on the couch uneasily.

"You looked pretty confident, though." Mika said teasingly. 

"I practiced." Sehun said with a smirk, making Mika blush.

"Oooooooh, you practiced." A really sick minded image. 

"Mika!" 

"Ahem. So, are you still angry?" Mika asked carefully. 

"Mm, I was never really 'angry', just disappointed."

"It was kinda fast for me. Do you want to hang out tomorrow?"

"Like ... a date...?" Sehun asked hopefully. 

"Um, if you want to ... think of it that way, I can make it a date."

"It's okay, it's better if we both want it as a date. I gotta go now, see ya." Sehun immediately stood up and walked to the door.

"Wait! So tomorrow?" 

"Yeah," Sehun turned and winked. "Meet me up by the SME door." 

*Bang* the door shut.

Mika sat there, dazed. 

 

**Following morning at SM's main door**

Sehun was already waiting. He kept rubbing his eyes because of the fierce wind, but from far away he looked amazing.

"Hey." Mika said as she walked towards Sehun. Sehun whipped his head around a sharp 180 degrees. 

"Oh! You came!" 

"Why wouldn't I?" Mika smiled, but when she noticed Sehun didn't answer she changed the subject. "So, where we heading?"

"Somewhere." Sehun seemed to take her hand very naturally in his. 

Just this once won't hurt me, Mika thought. It's just Sehun, my best friend. But the feeling was different, it wasn't like when they were toddlers, when they would link hands, skipping around. 

"Have you considered me?" Sehun asked quietly, looking ahead. Mika's heart skipped a little. She decided not to answer this question, simply because, she did not have an answer.

"So. That's a no." Sehun slipped his hand out of Mika's. Mika was surprised, and the impulse to hold Sehun's hand dominated over. She caught up and put her hand back in Sehun's, with dazed Sehun staring at her in disbelief. Sehun looked down at their hands and sighed with a smile. They walked in silence. 

When Mika finally couldn't resist the urge to speak, Sehun stopped walking. 

"Have you forgiven me, Mika?" 

"You never did anything wrong, so what's there to forgive?" 

"But tell me you forgive me." Sehun started to swing their hands like a child. Mika sighed.

"Okay, I forgive you, Sehun." 

Sehun's face immediately lit up with a grin, and took her in his arms. Mika felt a little crushed by his strong arms. 

"Thank you, Mika. I'm so glad." 

"Me too." Mika sighed, and immediately regretted saying that. Sehun seemed to hug her even harder. His arms tightened around Mika's waist.

It was then when Mika heard the sound. A large truck, only a good five meters away, coming at them full speed. 

"Look out!" She screamed. It happened very fast. The first second Mika screamed, the two of them still in each other's arms. The next second the truck advanced near them. The last second Sehun had jumped with Mika in his arms towards the side, one hand securing Mika's head against his chest, the other wrapped tightly around her waist. A sickening "bang" was heard. 

Mika was lying there, still as a statue to make sure she could still hear Sehun's breathing. When she thought she couldn't, she carefully removed his arms and looked at his face. She finds many people gathering around her and Sehun. 

"Could someone please call the ambulance?" Mika begged as tears started to boil up. Sehun's usual charismatic face was bruised, with blood oozing from the side of his head where he had landed. His arms were scraped to a point where red and purple places took up more space than white places. 

**Hospital** 

The doctor was comforting Sehun's parents, while telling them about Sehun's injuries.

"He's got a closed fracture on his arm, a few bruises, and a very very small concussion. He'll be fine. Just rest three days and he's out of the hospital!"

"Are you sure?" Sehun's mother asked, wide-eyed and teary. 

"Yeah!" Said the doctor, trying his best to be cheerful. 

While all this was happening, Mika's eyes never left Sehun. He looked so peaceful sleeping, and Mika's heart couldn't help but pound at the sight of his face, and what he had done for her.

"I'm really sorry for Sehun's injury, Mrs. Oh." 

"It's not your fault, Mika. We still have to thank you for saving our son." 

"He's already injured like this, how did I save him. He was the one that saved me." 

"Well from what I heard," Sehun's father cleared his throat. "You saw that truck coming and reminded Sehun to jump out of the way." 

"But he saved me."

"What Sehun did was right, as a man, he shouldn't leave you there." Mr. Oh was smiling warmly. "Come on, old lady, let's give the kids some space."

Mrs. Oh nodded, and left, a bit unwilllingly.

Mika sat on the edge of Sehun's bed and absent-mindedly his bruised cheek. He looked very pale. She sighed, and when she was just about to remove her hand, Sehun's eyes opened and caught her hand in his. 

"Fool." She whispered. 

"If i wasn't a fool, you might not be alive." Sehun said jokingly with an unusually raspy voice.

"You could've jumped outta the way by yourself. I'm not stupid." Mika argued, but she knew it was pointless in front of Sehun. 

"Hehe. I like the feeling of saving you." 

"You're so cheesy today." 

"I like being cheesy. What are you going to do about it?" Sehun cracked a smile. Mika didn't answer. She felt a feeling for Sehun that was pretty undescribably special. She told herself that it was not love for sure. 

"What's wrong, Mika?" Sehun asked when he noticed Mika wasn't replying.

"Nothing. Why did you have to hurt yourself like this?"

"Do you think I would feel any better if you were the one being hurt?"

"No, but-" 

"Exactly, so stop complaining." Sehun looked into Mika's eyes. "You love me, right?" 

This time Mika couldn't answer like the way she did before. Because she started to doubt herself. 

"You do love me." Sehun stated plainly. His smile started to grow. 

"Go away." Mika replied, uneasy. She felt her cheeks grow hot. 

"I promise I'll be the best for you." Sehun, ignoring his throbbing pain throughout his arm, he once again surrounds his arms around Mika, without any awkwardness between them. 

 

-End-