Tao and Lauren (III)

A Series of Exo Love Events

{Tao's POV} idk i feel like you guys deserve his pov c: 

There was like a type of magnet on her that kept making me walk towards her without knowing it. My mouth was speaking for itself. Around her, I wasn't being me at all! 

"Duizhang-ya," I said with a frown. "Why do you think I feel this way about her?" 

"You're just attracted to her. She's the opposite as you--it's completely natural." Duizhang Kris said matter-of-factly, while gaming with Luhan and Chen.

"Wei! I wanted a mature reply, not a human uality lesson." 

"Well, that's my mature reply." I scowled at him. He simply returned me a smile.

"Tao, let Luhan gege explain, okay?" My eyes lit up suddenly hearing Luhan's words. Luhan paused the game, earning glares from Kris and Chen.

"It's called a 'crush', understand?" Luhan made sure I was listening. "This is when you have special feelings for a certain person, causing you to become dioriented infront of them." 

"Ge, I get it. I'm 19. But I want to know why I feel this way just for her."

"Aiya, Tao. Don't ask us, we're not you. If you don't even know why, how will we?" Duizhang was annoyed.

"Go find out for yourself." Luhan gave me an encouraging smile.

"Thanks, ge." I left the room. 

"Let's resume gaming~" I heard Chenchen say. 

 

~Back to normal POV [third person]

Lauren was just sitting in the classroom, finishing up some homework after school. It was a bit scary, but oh well, in another hour someone will be here to pick her up. The sun was setting, because in winter, the days were much shorter.The snow fell gently, adding a bit more beauty to the sunset. Lauren wanted someone to be with her at this moment. Tao, she thought absent-mindedly. Maybe I should just concentrate on homework for now.

"Did you call my name?" Tao said softly, walking into the classroom. Lauren silently gasped, did she actually say his name aloud? What was her tone? Dreamy? She hoped that Tao didn't notice. 

"N-no," wait, that's not right, Lauren quickly realized. "Y-yes. I mean. I heard you coming in."

"Is that so." Tao took the seat beside Lauren, gazing out the window. His eyes showed unmistakable misery. Lauren took a glance at his face. His eyelashes are so long, Lauren couldn't help but notice, and his sideview is so perfect. 

Tao turned to find Lauren staring at him. 

"Something wrong?" Tao said smiling a little.

Lauren quickly turned back to her homework. "No, nothing." Gosh, it's so distracting with him around. I can't even focus on this. Lauren's hand was shaking as she tried to write down the formula. 

"You look nervous. Have you not been getting sleep?" Tao seemed a little worried. He had no idea he was the source of the problem. 

"I-I have. I'm just not the best at math, and this helps me concentrate." Lauren tried saying casually. Tao raised a brow.

"I'll help you." Tao stood up behind Lauren and leaned forward, his head right beside Lauren's. I can feel his breath, Lauren shrieked on the inside. Tao then gently took Lauren's pencil out of her hand and his arm over hers. He began to write rapidly. Lauren sighed. Good thing she's wearing a long sleeve, or else she might've gone ludacris in his arm touching hers. 

"There. Do you want to check it over?" Tao, with his face inches from Lauren's, turned his head to face the side of her cheek. Lauren turned as well, but seeing Tao's face so close to hers, she instinctually leaned back a bit. 

"Uh, n-no. It's alright." Lauren bit her lip. "I trust you." And she immediately regretted saying the last sentence. 

Tao's face broke into a grin. He wrapped his long arms around Lauren suddenly. "Good," he said, sounding very delighted. "I trust you too."

"Tao, let go. This is wrong." As much as she wanted to hug him back, Lauren wasn't the type of person to give in so easily. Especially to a guy. 

"No Lauren~" Tao said in the cutest voice ever. "I'm not letting go of you~" 

"Tao, actually." Lauren was worried, she tried to break free of him, but his steel arms were too strong. 

"I'm not~ What are you going to do about it? I know Kungfu~~" Tao started to snuggle Lauren. 

"What the heck... ARE YOU TRYING TO ME?!" Lauren pushed him back, jokingly. Tao looked a bit hurt. 

"No... I just thought," Tao gulped a little. "You might want me to hug you." How did he know? Lauren, what are you even thinking of... 

"I don't even know you well." 

"I'll try to be your best best best guy friend." Tao said convincingly as possible in the sweetest voice. Is that what you really want? Just friends? 

"Whatever." Lauren's voice had disappointment, but she hid it well. "Back to work." 

"Yay!" Tao grinned from ear to ear. Lauren sighed. Why did he have to be so oblivious and cute at the same time? 

During the other half hour that Lauren spent with Tao, she realized she was falling for him more and more. But she was afraid that if she fell too hard, no one would be able to catch her. She started to notice Tao's every move and facial expression, and she felt the need to take care of him. Tao felt the same for her, but had a hard time showing it. He wanted to protect her, and he didn't want her to get hurt for any reason. Both are awkward at expressing how they really feel. 

"Finished!" Lauren exclaimed. Tao gave her a high-five. 

"I can send to you home, if you like." It sounded like Tao was giving her a choice, but his tone was like giving an order. 

"Someone's actually picking me up... sorry..." Lauren thought she saw Tao's face falling a little, she was just as disappointed. Just then her phone rang. 

"Yeobosayeo?" 

"Lauren! It's umma." 

"Oh. Annyeonghaseyo. What are you calling for?" Lauren asked politely.

"I'm sorry, dear! I can't pick you up, and the nanny's son is sick so she's heading home!" Lauren's mother sounded upset. "You will have to get home on your own." Lauren went silent for a while.

"Can you get home on your own?" Lauren's mother asked again.

Lauren looked at Tao who has been staring at her the whole time. "Yes. I have a ride, actually." She said smiling.

"Wonderful! Call me when you're home! Appa and umma will be a little late tonight." Lauren's mother said, relieved. "You can buy some take out and go to bed after you eat. Arrasso?" 

"Ne, umma~" Lauren answered with a voice like honey. Tao blinked several times, dazed. 

She hung up. "Well, Tao. I guess you're in luck," Lauren teased. "You can give me a ride home!"

"It's not like I'm begging to take you home, you know." Tao pouted. He doesn't want to let go of his man pride and started to walk away. 

"No!" Lauren chased after him, grabbing his arm. "I was just kidding. Can you please take me home." 

Tao chuckled, ruffling Lauren's hair. Oh god, his laugh is so ... askdlafjlkdf. 

He took Lauren's hand that was placed on his arm into his other hand. "Let's go!" he said cheerfully.

 

**During the ride

"Tao?"

"Ne?" 

"Um, Jasmine wanted me to ask you if Kris is also coming to our school."

Tao gazed out the windshield, it was raining heavily. "Duizhang might. It depends if he feels like it or not." 

"Haha, Jasmine will be pleased with this answer." Tao didn't answer. 

"Want to get some take out?" 

"Only if you'll eat in my car." Tao tilted his head to Lauren's side smirked.

"Aish. Fine." Lauren pushed Tao's face back to the windshield. "Keep your eyes on the road! I don't want to die."

"I'll never let you die, Lauren." Tao's brows furrowed together, concentrating on the road. Lauren looked away before Tao could see her blush.

                                                                                          * * *

"Is it good?"

"Jjang!" Lauren answered as she dug into her noodles. 

"Well, they're my favorite!" Tao smiled happily. Lauren was too busy eating to speak. 

"Didn't you want some too?" Lauren suddenly remembered that Tao hasn't eaten either. She looked at her empty container sheepishly. 

"Nah, we're not allowed to eat past seven. Plus, I'm not hungry." Tao said as he used a napkin to help Lauren wipe . 

"No wonder you're so skinny." Lauren touched Tao's collarbone absent-mindedly. It stood out. Tao shivered at her light touch, and Lauren quickly took back her hand.

"I could say the same for you. You're basically just skin and bones!" Tao smirked.

"I am not!" Lauren pouted.

"Yes you are."

"Aniya, that's you." 

"It's both of us~" Tao took Lauren's hand and started to swing it. Lauren didn't know how to take her hand back without making it awkward so she just went with Tao. She felt static going through her skin, heart pounding. 

"Tao, do you have another side that I can't see?" Lauren looked down.

"No, why do you ask?"

"Sometimes you're so close, but yet so far away." She still didn't look up. She was afraid of meeting Tao's eyes.

"Do you want to see my cute side?" 

Lauren raised a brow. "Don't I always see your girly side?"

"It's the cute side!" 

"Fine, fine. Aish." 

"Let me show you my famous move to get Duizhang to buy me Gucci!~" Tao raised his free hand and did the "buing buing". Lauren "wahh"ed on the inside. OH MY. I can't show that i'm dying on the inside. I can't. I can't. Why did he do that. Lauren just stared. Tao's was content with the effect.

"You're stunned aren't you." Tao said with a lot of confidence. Lauren snapped out of it. 

"No." She lied uneffectively. 

"You should be honored," Tao smirked again. "Most girls would beg for my buing buing." 

"Well. I'm special." Lauren lifted her head a little, hoping to gain some confidence from the action.

"I know you are." Tao lifted her chin, staring her in the eyes. "That's why I like you." 

"Y-you, you do..?" Lauren tried to look elsewhere. 

"Yes." Tao continued to stare. Suddenly, he pulled her into his arms, giving her a gentle hug. "I like you. I'm falling for you, Lauren."

"Is this your cheesy side?" Lauren asked softly, but she was in heaven. 

"Only for you." Tao pulled back, and before Lauren could react, he rested his lips onto hers.

 

- End - 

 

SO, OH MY GAWD I'M FINALLY DONE TAO AND LAUREN~ IT USED UP A LOT OF ROMANTIC FEELS. WHEEU. I THINK THIS IS THE CHEESIEST ONE YET TROLOLOLOLOL.

THANKS Y'ALL WHO SUBSCRIBED AND I HOPE YOUR REQUESTS WILL KEEP ME GOING!~ THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS! KEEP THEM COMING~

*This story was dedicated to my Tao biased friend, Lauren.*