Chapter 3 - Mika and Sehun

A Series of Exo Love Events

Sehun was like a god to everyone. To Mika, he was different. 

~Flashback to 2 years ago~

Mika was Sehun's childhood friend. She loved him like a little brother (even though he was actually older than her), and was always very supportive of what he did. 

Except, one day, that all changed. Sehun was 17 that year, young, innocent, and, fairly charismatic, was already working as an SM Entertainer. He felt mature enough, and his growing love for Mika started to become a tad uncontrollable, you might say. There wasn't one moment where Mika's heart-warming smile left his head. Mika, however, knew nothing about this love and continued to treat him the same way she always did. Sehun didn't mind at first but gradually he felt that the treatment she's been giving him just isn't enough. Mika was in her home, absent-mindedly combing her hair, when she heard the doorbell ring.

Opens door*

It was Sehun. 

"Oh, hi!" 

"Hello." Sehun replies with a shy smile. 

"What brings you here?" Mika asks as she invited Sehun inside. Sehun brings out the hands he's been hiding behind his back. 30 red roses. 

"Haha! That's too sweet, Sehun! But why roses..." Mika quickly runs to the kitchen and takes out a vase. She fills it with water and places the roses carefully in it. Mika smiles at the beautiful roses, completely lost. 

Suddenly she feels strong arms wrapped around her. When she turns her head with a quick whip, she unexpectedly sees Sehun's eyes staring into hers. They were shining brightly with soft passion. 

"Uh, Sehun. A bit too close?" She chooses her words carefully to not hurt his feelings. Despite that, Sehun has no intention to move. He sighed.

"I love you." 

Mika, for the first time in talking to Sehun, has no reply to that. 

"Uh, I love you too, Sehun. As family." 

Sehun seemingly, did not expect this reply. He saw it as pure rejection.

"Am I not good enough?" 

"No. You're fine--"

"I'm not good looking enough." He states.

"No, Sehun, you're really handsome but--"

"I get it. I get it." He unwraps his arms and shifts awkwardly back a little. "I'll come back one day, and then be good enough for you. I promise."

The words made sense to  Mika, but Sehun's tone had a bitter edge to it. It kind of scared her. Before she could respond, Sehun, with his long legs, dashed out of the house, leaving poor Mika alone. 

~end of flashback~

 

Mika, now 18 years old, was looking back at the moment. Sehun's expression was replaying in her head the entire time. It's been already six months since Sehun debuted.  He has also gained many fangirls. Mika was a big fan of him as well, but only as a supportive family member. She still didn't exactly "love" him. Mika has gotten permission to go see EXO's dance practices. This is exclusively for EXO's friends and family, and  Sehun doesn't know about it at all. Mika did feel guilty about it, though she did nothing wrong. Hope I'll be able to catch him today and talk to him more, Mika thought.

 

*At the dance practice*

Mika walked in the twisting and turning halls, and finally to her relief, she sees the big letters that states "Dance Room". 

The doors were slightly open and Mika could hear faint music playing. She recognizes it as MAMA. When she walks in, all 12 eyes are settle on her. Looks like she's the first one. Mika nods with a sweet smile, and she feels a bit uneasy for interrupting. 

"Sehun, your friend is here." Suho says with his soft voice. 

"Yeah, I know." Sehun replies. The members sees that he does not care and so they continue rehearsing. Mika stood there, feeling tears starting to boil up in her eyes. 

I didn't come here to be treated like this, Sehun, she thought to herself. And so she sat on the side, fairly awkwardly. Soon family members, friends, all started to gather. Some friends sneaked some of their friends (aka fangirls) in as well. They immediately started to scream and shriek, nearly blowing up Mika's ears. 

Throughout the whole thing, Sehun ignored her and gave all his smiles to the others. All the fangirls were being nosy and kept talking about Mika and why Sehun seemed to hate her. This hurt Mika a lot.

After the rehearsal, as all the exo members were packing up and leaving, Mika walked up to Sehun and stared at him as pretended to not notice her. 

"Why are you angry?"

"I'm not." Sehun replies and zips up his bag roughly, preparing to leave.

"Yes you are, I've known you for too long not to know how you feel." 

"You don't." 

*More coming soon**