Chanyeol and Yume II

A Series of Exo Love Events

[Narrator's POV]

"And you are to meet me in the same place as before, and I will give you your next assignment." The cold voice instructed.

"Of course." Yume half-whispered into the already dead phone.

"Who was that?" Yume jumped at the voice that belonged to the stranger she had bumped into the other day. She took a deep breath and turned around, forcing a smile. His perfect face showed no expression, a strand of hair had fallen between his slightly narrowed eyes. 

"Just my mother. She really misses me." She lied smoothly, as she was trained to lie without hesitation and it must be 100% persuasive. 

Chanyeol flashed a dazzling grin, "can I meet her some time?" 

Yume let out silent sigh of relief. Maybe he didn't suspect anything. "That would be alright with me." And she smiled genuinely.

 

Throughout the day, Chanyeol followed Yume everywhere. Whether it was going to the mall for shopping or staying home to do some chores. Chanyeol was really helpful and carried her bags, and cleaned dishes. There was something off about everything he did though, and Yume wasn`t so sure of why she felt so uncomfortable at times. Perhaps it was the fact that his eyes never left her every movement, like a tiger watching prey. There was almost something dangerous about his penetrating stares. Most people would not be able to notice, but Yume, being highly sensitive, has caught a whiff of something fishy going on about Chanyeol. She tried not think about it for too long. 

The night came by quickly, and Yume had changed into her dark leather night suit. Chanyeol was fast asleep in his room, and so Yume didn't worry about him as much. She grabbed her bag full of supplies and keys, and stepped out into the cool summer night. 

She skillfully darted into a dark alley and made sure that no tails were following her. Steps as smooth and unnoticeable as a cat, her beautiful figure itself was a shadow. Non-existent. Intangible. Arriving finally at her destination, an abandoned workshop. Odd. Nobody had mentioned the ancient features of the workshop. The wind blew against Yume's cheeks, sending shivers down her spine. This workshop gave off an eerie aura. Nonetheless, she must continue. The old steps creaked as she climbed the broken stairs. Yume cringed at the sound--noises like these are certainly not comforting. Suddenly, one of the steps failed her and crumbled beneath her body. Yume didn't make a peep when she discovered she was sliding down a narrow tunnel, as if specially designed to fit her figure exactly. As if someone who knew her body really well, had calculated this tunnel's measurements to precision. Struggling to avoid sliding down to fast and end up blowing her cover, Yume's fingers gripped the unbelievably smooth walls. They felt new, Yume realized with a jolt, someone had planned this. 

The end of the tunnel was dimly lit. Yume reacted quickly to the situation and stopped exactly at the exit of the tunnel, as she listened carefully to the sounds before finally crawling out. 

Very odd. Three motionless bodies were on the ground, hands and arms splayed in an awkward position. Dead, obviously, but how? Then suddenly, it hit her as she recognized the damaged faces. She gulped. 

Two of the three were her best friends in this mafia organization. The other one was a male who had always been fond of her. Why would anyone kill them? She thought as a tear slipped quietly down her cheek. This, was part of the training, too. To mourn for one silently. 

"Yume-ssi." 

Yume cranked her head slowly to the direction of the voice, and her brain went a little numb. Her boss. 

The middle aged man was roughly 5 foot 3 inches, a very not intimidating height, but his face suggests otherwise. Although Yume was reluctant to admit, her boss was attractive, although dangerously looking. The only feature that had always upset him (and Yume knew this) was his lips. Once perfectly curved and full, they now possess a scar crossing from the tip of his nose to the end of his chin, and it was clear that they had been sliced mercilessly in a previous gang battle. It was why he always wore a mask to cover the bottom half of his face. His eyes were composed of shards of ice, his heart frozen. 

"N-neh!" She immediately stood up, and saluted. 

"Do you know why they are dead?" The man seemed to avoid her eye contact and only rubbed the ring on his forefinger absent-mindedly. Yume stared at her boss blankly, praying silently her brain would start working again.  

"N-no, sir." 

The small man lifted his head only to smirk mockingly. "All of them refused to kill you." 

That had caught Yume off guard. So he means... that he wants to kill me? 

"Sir, I don't understand what I had done wrong." 

"Oh, nothing, really. It's just that you sort of saved your target." The eyes of the man shifted from a slumbering deep lake to frozen fire. "You do know the consequences." 

"Sir," Yume said quietly, as if a volume any higher would break the delicate balance. "He was the complete opposite you described. Except for the height." 

A dark chuckle bubbled from her boss' throat, as he shook his head slowly. "I trained you for nothing then, didn't I?" 

Before Yume could react she was staring into the abyss of a dark hole. A cold hand gun. Yume recognized it--it was the same hand gun he used to sweep away half his enemies in the city. His only true companion. The only thing he could ever hold legitimate trust for. 

"Should I say thank you, to make this a pleasant good bye for both of us, hmm?" He paused and continued when Yume didn't respond. "Then thank you, Yume."

A crooked smile formed on his attractive face, just as crooked twisted as his mind. Yume shut her eyes, because this was the only person she acquiesced to and must acquiesce to. But that bang she actually longed for never happened, and when she opened her eyes experimentally, the scene before her left Yume more confused than ever.

It was Chanyeol, she realized as her heart skipped a beat. But it wasn't the Chanyeol she knew. First of all, it was a complete different face, and the only thing she managed to recognize were those eyes. However, these eyes she saw before her were as fatal and deadly as any killer's eyes as he wrestled with the tiny man. Chanyeol's hands were tangled around the smaller man and Yume realized in horror that her boss was in control. He was slowly choking the air out of Chanyeol's lungs.

"Chanyeol!"

"Yume, you can only choose one of us--" The small man said between punches. "He's a murderer, and the main adversary of our organization."

Yume lifted her eyes and exchanged a confused glance with Chanyeol who was suffocating at the moment. Chanyeol's eyes were pleading, delivering a message Yume could not understand. But her heart told her, the first time in five years, that Chanyeol was who she should assist. And it wasn't only because those clear, honest eyes. Yume felt like she knew Chanyeol, so well, inside and out. Just by the few days they interacted. The strong feeling gave Yume the courage to pull out and raise her own gun. And shot down the tiny man in one swift motion.  

It was over, both of them panting like they swam across the pacific ocean. A few seconds later, Chanyeol returned to his usual cheeky self.

"That was a close call, huh?" He grinned, the composed concentrated face he had a few minutes ago dissipated completely. 

"Why wouldn't you bring a gun if you wanted to save a lady?" Yume nudged him playfully. 

"Isn't it much more beautiful for a lady to save me?" Chanyeol winked. That left Yume dazed because she was already affected by his sudden change of looks. She never thought it possible, but damn, he looked even better with his hair pushed to the side, revealing his smooth forehead and flawless skin. His features were more obvious than when Yume met him, because of the makeup he had probably applied to disguise his identity. If before she had felt attracted to Chanyeol, then right now she must be heads over heels for him. But she'll see what happens. 

"Can I kiss you? As a reward?" Chanyeol asked rather bluntly. Yume was flustered. 

"H-hey. I saved you! Not the other way around, and mister, you have a lot to explain to me." But Yume knew her argument was invalid. 

"Right. Then I'll offer the reward." There was that mischevious grin again. Chanyeol leaned in and stole a kiss from Yume's pink pastel lips. 

 

 

A/N: So I was reading a lot this weekend and I was suddenly inspired to finish this Chanyeol fic off (: I hope you liked it and please excuse me if I made any spelling or grammatical errors. Thank you for staying subscribed even though I haven't updated in like a year ;u;