Chapter 1 : D.O and Rachel - First time together

A Series of Exo Love Events

I am completely off the top today. 

I never thought this would happen to me.

Okay, I won't keep you waiting...

But, I'M GOING TO EXO'S CONCERT IN EDMONTON!!!! So many years we Canadian kpop fans have fought to grab SM Entertainment's attention, so that they'll bring some of their idols here. 

The concert starts at 7pm, but here I am already completely ready at four o'clock. Now i watch as my clock ticks at turtle speed. 

*ring ring ring* checks phone* :

-[Call from Jazzy]-

Oh right, forgot to mention. I'm going to the concert with my super weird but enthusiastic friend named Jasmine. She's also a huge EXOtic, you'll never get bored with her around...

"Heellooo." I say into the phone, my voice sounding all excited.

"WHY HELLOOOOOOO THERE RACHEL~! PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE READY FOR THE CONCERT." 

"Yup, I'm ready. It's only four though." I sighed.

"Well, guess what! I was ready at 3 pm right after school. Remember, we need to drive there!" She said disapprovingly. 

"Okay okay, how long til you get here?"

"I'm leaving right now! Yeah gotta go now~" She hung up with a loud "clang".

 

-*During the ride*-

 

*Daydreaming while Jasmine drives*

Kyungsoo oppa. I'm coming~ 

"I wonder if D.O will notice me." I wondered aloud.

"D.O ... OMFG HE'S SO ADORABLE. And, of course he will. You're so beautiful. You have gigantic eyes, and silky hair. You`ll catch his attention." Jasmine answered.

"Nah, i doubt it. There's so many girls out there, and so many want to claim him." Even though I was perfectly happy with Jasmine`s answer. 

"You'll have your chance. Didn't we get the VIP tickets so we can see them backstage before they perform?" 

I didn't answer. My heart was skipping beats just thinking of seeing him in person. 

 

*At the concert, backstage*

"Oh my gosh. We are actually here." Jasmine was gazing around. It looked like two eyes weren't enough for her. 

It was really busy, the lights were dimmed out, and you could see all the asian workers of SM bustling around like busy bees. But finally, my eyes spotted EXO. 

"They're so perfect." Jasmine started to sob. 

"Yeah," I agreed for once. "Can we go talk to them?" It was kind of awkward, and because they were all angels descended on Earth. My feet were planted solid on the ground.

"Come on. It's okay, the managers are gone right now. It's just us and like six other fans. Let's go take photos." Jasmine started to drag me, despite my forceful yet uneffective resistance. Maybe it was because of D.O. He was smiling, and he would sometimes laugh at jokes the other members were saying. His eyes were childlike, and they were glittery black jewels. The other fans were like us, slowly approaching them, all shy. Finally Jasmine popped. She ran across to Kris and started to ask for a photo and autograph. Kris found her amusing, judging his expression, and surprisingly and nice enough, agreed. 

"Come on Rachel. It's fine." She walked back, placed her hand in mine, and started to pull me towards them again. This time, we had the entire group's attention. Kai, Chanyeol, Suho, Baekhyun, Sehun, Kris, Luhan, Lay, Chen, Tao, Xiumin and D.O. 

I flushed bright red. D.O was looking at me. It was unbelievable what his eyes could do to a girl`s soul. Jasmine pushed me towards D.O.

She knew about how my tongue was frozen and so she said kindly in Korean, ``My friend would like to take a photo with you.``

D.O nodded with an angelic smile. We stood together awkwardly, at least a foot apart. 

``Closer.`` Jasmine demanded. 

D.O shifted toward me a tad bit. I think the fans scared him a bit too much. Jasmine said another line in Korean, which I, surprisingly, did not understand. 

D.O hesitated for a little while, and the next thing I knew, I was in his arms. Jasmine snapped a couple of shots with her newly bought camera. I started to get anxious, even though I was so happy. No, happy didn`t even describe it. I tried to twist out a little bit, but instead had D.O`s full attention on me. His arms tightened ever so slightly. Despite the fact he looked so skinny, he was actually pretty strong. He looked straight in my eyes, our faces only a few inches apart. My heartbeat got louder, and I was sure Kyungsoo oppa could hear it. I could see my face in his clear eyes. My cheeks were red, and I felt sweat overpowering my eyeliner. I hoped I didn`t look stupid to him. I sort of knew, that I was in love. 

 

*After the concert, lying in bed.*

I was still quivering in memory of that moment. The part of my arm that he touched was still tingling. I smiled to myself like an idiot, and started to rub my face furiously in frustration. I could swear I saw a bit of interest in Kyungsoo oppa's eyes. 

*~FLASHBACK~*

D.O was staring back at me, as I was staring at him. I tried so many times to tear away my gaze, but his eyes were like shining magnets. Jasmine finally coughed and we both turned away. Except, he was still his cool, casual self, and I was blushing.  ~*End of flashback~ I felt an empty hole in my chest and went on Facebook. Jasmine was furiously spamming my wall with D.O's news update. I checked all of them, he was still smiling, being derpy and all, but still managing to keep cool. I sighed.

MESSAGE FROM JASMINE

Jasmine: did you see that photo on facebook?! The one of D.O?

Me: yeah no duh. Which one -__-

Jasmine: The one where he was blushing so hard!!! I think it was after our little visit [: 

I kind of just went hot, heart starting to race again. That Jasmine, always getting me pumped up about silly things. 

Me: That could be because he was working really hard rehearsing. 

Jasmine: NO~ 

I just logged off and decided that I was going to try to forget that really embarrassing moment. 

 

Following morning*

Jasmine calls* 

Jasmine: OMG RACHEL GUESS WHAT? 

Me: No you guess what!? [ANGRILY] 

Jasmine: WHat?

Me: IT'S FIVE IN THE MORNING

Jasmine: Well i didn't sleep the entire night. But guess what!! i got an email from SM .

Me: Oh really. [suddenly interested]

Jasmine: He he. Guess what it's about. 

Me. What? 

Jasmine: We're getting invited back as one of the top EXOtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [scream]

Me: [not believing it at all, because you know, it's just Jasmine] mhmm

Jasmine: Seriously. I'll show you the tickets. Private VIP chat with EXO, this saturday, place of the performance. You going or not? I'd gladly save 2 tickets for myself!

Me: [finally believing it] ARE YOU KIDDING? Yes, i'm going!! 

[inner thoughts]

Kyungsoo! Oppa! I really want to see you again. 

 

*Saturday*

"I don't know about this Jasmine." 

"Oh shush yoou!" She tried to make a high pitched voice. "It's just another of your before-meeting-kpop-idols-anxious-behaviour-syndrome."

"Or like you, over confident." 

We walked the rest of the way in silence. My heart pounded louder with every step i took. Then suddenly my heart stopped.

D.O, was standing there, looking at the wall. Still his derpy self, I sighed silently. 

Jasmine was secretly tiptoeing away, even though it was more than obvious, I stayed, I just couldn't move. 

Sensing my presence, Kyungsoo oppa finally turned around to face me. I started to realize we were the only ones here. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." He said with a sweet smile. 

"Hi derp face." I whispered, tearing up. That was weird. I'm usually not much of a teary person. It was getting a bit cheesy. He smiled again, melting my heart, and walked closer. Then almost naturally, [almost], he took me in his arms again. I did have to admit, he smells kind of good.