How Our First Date Went

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 10-
How our first date went…



The next morning most our schedule was free so the girls were still asleep, enjoying the free time they rarely get. I got up from my bed trying hard not to make any sound to wake them up, since I was sleeping on the top bunk. I grabbed my phone went outside the living room, into the balcony so that the girls wouldn’t hear me and wake up.

I had told him that I would call but I was too nervous. What was I supposed to say? Maybe he forgot about it already… Aish! After staring at my phone for a few more seconds, I clicked on the dial button. He answered immediately after the first ring. 

“Yoboseyo??” he answered. “Jiyoonah,”

“Good morning,” I said.

“What do you have on your schedule today?” he asked.

“Um… nothing actually… the other girls have variety shows to attend to but since you know, they usually don’t invite me to varieties…” I pouted. Just because I was a bit shy I usually would not be requested for variety shows. I sighed.

“Awesome. Not that you don’t get invited, but you know because your schedule is free.” He said.

“It’s okay. Why did you ask though?” 

“Oh yeah! So do you want to go on a date today? We can watch a movie, or go shopping or—“

“Wait, wait” I said to stop his rumbling on with his ideas. “We can’t go out on a date. I mean what if we get caught or something? Don’t forget that we are both idols from the same company. It would cause too much attention.”

“You are right but if we hide our faces no one would know.”

“Yeah, they might not recognize me, but they sure would recognize you so-“

“No they won’t” he argued.

“But what if they do? Then what are you going to do? What if people find out…?”I wanted him to see reason. I wouldn’t want his career to be ruined because of me.

“Do you already regret the fact that we are going out or something?”

It hasn’t even been 24 hours yet and we were arguing. Great! I sighed. “What?! Junhyung, it’s not like that. How about you rent a movie, you just choose one. Ok? Then come over to our dorm. We have this huge HD TV so we can watch a movie like that. And I will cook for you, too. How does that sound?”
After a moment or two he finally agreed on it. 

“As long as we spend time together, it doesn’t matter where,” I said.

“You are right. See you around 2:00PM then” he said. 

After I hung up, I realized that I was freezing. I had gone out to the balcony without a jacket early in the morning. Perfect! I opened the door to go inside but found the girls on the other side listening to my conversation, apparently.

“You girls are so shameless!” I said.

“So what we used to do this to Jihyun unnie as well… But she is boring now that they have been dating for so long.”Sohyun said.

“But your love life is brand new!”Hyuna added. Gayoon was just smiling.

“Hey, my love life is not boring! I still love Doojoon the same way I did years ago!” Jihyun added. After all she had a crush on Doojoon ever since he transferred from JYP to Cube.

“Ummm unnie, you told him that you would cook… but…” Sohyun started.

“Yes I did. Are you saying that I can’t cook? Because you should know that I am a pretty good cook.” I defended myself.

“Yes you are good. But the thing is, we don’t have anything in our fridge so what are you going to cook?”

Holy! I forgot all about it. “What time is it now?” I asked her. It was 11AM. I had three hours left only. No I should think positively. I still have three hours left. Fighting!

“You girls get ready for your schedules. I will go to the grocery store down the street and buy something and cook. Okay?”

“Will you be able to finish it in three hours?”

“Yeah of course I can. I gotta go so bye!” I grabbed my jacket and purse then exited.

I met our manager hyung in front of the elevators. “Where are you going?”

“Grocery store! Bye, hyung! Tell those girls to get ready!~”

“What? They are not ready yet? What have they been doing this whole morning?!” He said and walked inside while I ran down the stairs.

After a quick shopping spree (!) at the local grocery store, I raced back home and started cooking. I decided to cook one of the easiest things I knew, cream spaghetti. While I was waiting for the water to boil, I sliced up the vegetables and started making the cream while the noodles were cooking. Around 1:30PM I was done with cooking and cleaning, since our dorm was pretty messy. I felt bad for our cleaning ahjumma. I pretty much just dumped everything that was around into our bedroom.

He arrived at exactly 2:01 PM which surprised me. When he came in he had the movie in his one hand and flowers in other. Wow, I had never received flowers from someone else before.

“Welcome in,” I said getting the movie and flowers from his hands as he took off his shoes. “Thanks but what is the occasion?” I asked smelling the flowers.

“You know, your new mini album’s success and our first date… I was walking down to here and someone was selling them around the corner so yeah…” he explained.

“Thanks” I smiled at him and placed the flowers on the counter, reminding myself that I should buy a vase. “Are you hungry? You might want to eat while the food is still warm,” I said. He agreed so since we do not have a dining room I prepared two plates and drinks and sat on the sofa with a small coffee table in front of us. While I was preparing the food he has already put the movie in the player.

Then, for the rest of the day we just spent time together peacefully without the stress of our jobs. I was in perfect bliss.

Junhyung’s POV

When I was done with the calls from our manager hyung I was finally going to leave the room when my phone rang, again. Then, even though I was sure she wouldn’t call I jumped back towards the desk and answered my phone. Then, I heard her voice on the other side of the line.

“Yoboseyo??” I answered. “Jiyoonah!”

“Good morning,” She said, her voice still sounding a bit sleepy.

“What do you have on your schedule today?” I asked impatiently.

“Um… nothing actually… the other girls have variety shows to attend to but since you know, they usually don’t 
invite me to varieties…” I could totally imagine her pouting right now an action which I had always found incredibly cute.

“Awesome. Not that you don’t get invited, but you know because your schedule is free.” I continued on. I wanted to spend some time with her today.

“It’s okay. Why did you ask though?” She sounded…curious.

“Oh yeah! So do you want to go on a date today? We can watch a movie, or go shopping or—“ ‘Am I sounding too excited for this?’I thought to myself.

“Wait, wait” She opposed. “We can’t go out on a date. I mean what if we get caught or something? Don’t forget that we are both idols from the same company. It would cause too much attention.”

“You are right but if we hide our faces no one would know.” Yes, of course she was right. But c’mon who would actually recognize us? As long as we covered up no one would notice a thing.

“Yeah, they might not recognize me, but they sure would recognize you so-“

“No they won’t” I argued back. We debuted later than 4minute so obviously people would recognize her easier than me.

“But what if they do? Then what are you going to do? What if people find out…?”

“Do you already regret the fact that we are going out or something?” I do not know why I said that but she just sounded like she did not want to spend time with me and was making excuses. 

“What?! Junhyung, it’s not like that. How about you rent a movie, you just choose one. Ok? Then come over to our dorm. We have this huge HD TV so we can watch a movie like that. And I will cook for you, too. How does that sound?”

So she did want to spend time with me. So she was just paranoid about anti or crazy fans. So I agreed to her idea.

“As long as we spend time together, it doesn’t matter where,” She added.

“You are right.” I admitted. “See you around 2:00PM then” I replied.

I went to the store and rented a movie and started to walk towards her dorm. The weather was nice today. I spotted a small flower shop on my way and decided to but her flowers. What could I use as a reason though? I could think about it on the way, so I purchased a bouquet for her.

“Welcome in,” She said when I finally reached their dorm. “Thanks but what is the occasion?” She asked smiling brightly.

“You know your new mini album’s success and our first date… I was walking down to here and someone was selling them around the corner so yeah…” I tried making it seem like it was not important at all. 

She prepared the food and I the movie. I was actually guessing that she would order Chinese food or something but this was actually home-cooked. I took a bite hoping that it would taste good. To my surprise it was really good. “Nearly as good as my mother’s cooking” I thought to myself.

During the movie she placed her head on my shoulder and continued to watch the movie in that position. I looked at her smiling face and understood what happiness meant. I wondered to myself why I had wasted all those trainee years when I could have asked her out when I had first started to like her.

 

---

A/N: Thank u guys so much for the comments:) Keep 'em coming :)