How He Secured Trust In Me

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 14
How He Secured Trust In Me


Wait… was he coming in here right now? I pulled my covers up more and closed my eyes. Maybe if he thought I was asleep he would leave. I heard someone open and close my door.

Jiyoon -ah. Come out so we can talk.”

When I did not respond, “I know you are not sleeping so come on please.”

“Leave me alone please…” I whispered.

He walked closer to me and sat on the floor next to my bed. “Why are you acting like this? Did I do something wrong?”

“I don’t know…” I answered. Did he seriously not know why I was like this?

“Turn around” he told me touching my arm slightly.

“No.”

“Yah!” He grabbed my arm and made me turn around. I quickly sat up in my bed. “Let go,” I told him. He was still holding onto my arm.

“No… wait, were you crying?” he asked me then, pulled me into a hug. Was I crying? My cheeks were all wet from crying and I did not even realize…

“I’m not crying…” I tried to lie but failed. “I just thought that… I lost you….” I explained when he did not let go.

“What? Why? Look-“He said and held my face in his hands making me stare into his eyes. “I don’t know where you got the idea from, but I love you, okay? And nothing is going to change that.” 

I looked away blushing. Then he pulled me back into a hug. He chuckled slightly and added, “Look, just because someone likes me does not mean I’ll like them back. If we can’t trust each other, how can we go on with all the jealously right?” 

I nodded my head against his chest and hugged him back. “I trust you. I just don’t trust the females around you.”
He let out a faint laugh. “You are the only woman I see, OK? So stop feeling so insecure.” He said.



~o~


The next morning my bed felt smaller than usual. I turned around in my bed and hit something hard… Wait… I opened my eyes and encountered Junhyung’s sleeping face right beside me. I bit my lips to stop myself from panicking. What was he doing here? 

Oh, right… He did not leave last night… well he couldn’t. He was such a sleep deprived person that he fell asleep on me while hugging! I was going to sleep on the couch but he wouldn’t let go of my hand so I could not even move. Gayoon had to sleep outside because it was awkward for her. I should thank and apologize to her.

I felt him stir next to me so I quickly closed my eyes and acted like I was sleeping. 

“Oh so I wasn’t dreaming…” he whispered to himself. I was about to giggle at his comment but I had to keep it in. I felt his gaze on me but I could not open my eyes.

“I know you are awake.”He said but I did not give in. “Do you want me to give you a kiss? It’ll smell so nice with our morning breath you know.”

I quickly opened my eyes. “Yah! That is gross. Did you really have to say that?” I said then closed my mouth quickly.

He laughed and climbed out the bed. “I’m going to my own dorm to wash up okay? See you later…”

Oh! We are going to Japan again.” I told him suddenly remembering my schedule.

“When?”

“Tomorrow.”

“What? You guys just came back.” He protested.

“ I know but we need to promote our new single, “first”.” I told him.

“Okay. We were going to start working on our new album, too. So I would not be able to see you much anyways…”

“Really? Nice. We will be back in a week anyways.”

“Okay, see you later. You should sleep more,” he said and suddenly kissed my forehead before leaving. I felt a smile creep on my lips after his kiss.

Once he left, I got out of the bed to wash up as well. When I got out of my room, however, I faced Jihyun instead. 

“Young miss you have some explaining to do.” She said with her arms crossed across her chest.

“I’m so sorry unnieee. Please don’t tell manager oppa that Junhyung slept over. Forgive me please” I begged her while doing the “Sorry sorry” moves with my hands.

“What are you-“Jihyun said confused. Then her eyes sparkled. “Paboya. Not that. I won’t tell on you. I wanna know what happened between you guys. What did he say? Huh?”

Aigoo this girl. She scared me for a second. “Nothing… he just told me that I shouldn’t worry about things like this and stuff…” I said.

“yah! You are not interesting at all. That’s it? He didn’t say anything sweet or romantic” She said with dreamy eyes. 

“Well who knows,” I said, this girl was such a romantic that it was adorable. “Anyways where is Gayoon? I need to talk to her.” I asked to change the subject.

“Oh, she had schedule so she left.” Jihyun shrugged, “She was supposed to record that “if I had a lover” song with Yoseob.”

“Aigoo so cute it’s like their couple song.” I said and stopped myself. Ooops.

“Couple?” Jihyun said with a suspicious look.

“Huh? I said bubble not couple.” I said with a nervous laugh. “How did you hear that word?” I hit her arm slightly. 

“You know something that I don’t know. So spill it miss.” Jihyun said with authority.

“Well…. Yoseob and Gayoon are kind of dating…” I said really fast. Omo Gayoon please forgive me, my friend I thought to myself.

Jihyun squealed with delight over the news. “Omoo our Gayoonie and Yoseobie!” But then her voice went somber, “But…but…she did not tell me. ME! Why would she not tell me?” She asked dramatically.

“It’s because we tend to tease new couples that’s why. Don’t be so harsh on her.” I explained.

“Aigoo… Okay, I’ll forgive her this time.” She sighed, “You go wash up we have programs to attend to.” She said suddenly clapping her hands and ushering me into the bathroom.

After finishing our promotions of “I my me mine” and “superstar” we headed towards the airport for our flight to Japan. I was going through the checking when I felt my phone vibrate. Oh, Junhyung sent me a text.



“Have a safe flight. I was going to come but because of my schedule I couldn’t make it. See you at the concert next week!~ “


“Miss, can I see your ticket please” The officer told me.

I was too busy staring and smiling at my phone to realize it was my turn already. “I’m sorry” I apologized and handed him my ticket.



~o~


A week had passed of our promotions in Japan and now we were in an airplane again, heading to the “Southeast Asia Concert”. I was really excited for this since it was a performance for a larger audience and also because I was going to be able to see Junhyung.

At the place the Cube performers, which was only 4mintue and B2ST since G.NA was a rookie artist, were placed in the same waiting room. When we arrived to the arena B2ST was already there getting their make-up done in the waiting room. 

“Doojoon oppa!” Jihyun squealed with her hyper self when we entered. 

“Jihyun-ah finally you guys are here.” Doojoon said but couldn’t get up as he was getting his eye makeup done. 
So Jihyun hugged him from behind wrapping her arms around his neck. You could tell by Doojoon’s expression that he was feeling extremely content with himself.

Of course Gayoon and I could not be as open as Jihyun in front of others.

“Yah get a room will ya?” Hyuna joked and closing Sohyun’s eyes in the process. Aigo, these girls. My eyes searched for Junhyung and I just mouthed a silent hello to him and found an empty chair and sat. Junhyung still had a long way to go before finishing his make-up. 

“Hey,” Kikwang approached me suddenly as he sat on the chair next to me. So did this mean that he was ready to talk to me again? This was the first time I had actually talked to him after the incident.

Junhyung’s POV

“Junhyung. She is sleeping.” Jihyun said with a sympathetic look on her face but her lie was obvious.

“I know she is not sleeping.” I insisted. “I need to talk to her. Which one was her room? This one?” I asked her pointing to the door on my right.

She sighed deeply with her arms crossed. “It’s the other one on the left.” she gave in.

“Thank you.” I said and walked into her room after knocking on the door once.

Jiyoon -ah. Come out so we can talk.” I said in a soft voice but she was ignoring me. “I know you are not sleeping so come on please.”

“Leave me alone please…” she whispered so low that it was nearly impossible to hear her. I walked towards her bed and sat on the cold floor.

“Why are you acting like this? Did I do something wrong?” I asked. I knew her reasons but I don’t think I did something to make her not trust me.

“I don’t know…” She answered. Oh so now she was trying to play and make me guess.

“Turn around” I told her holding onto her arm.

“No.” She was being too much, seriously.

“Yah!” I grabbed her arm and made her face me. She got into a sitting position with an annoyed look on her 
face. “Let go,” I let go of her arm and sat on her bed; better than sitting on the cold floor.

“No… wait, were you crying?” I asked when I looked at her face. Her eyes were all watery. Aish, Jinja this girl. Why was she so sensitive? I pulled her into a hug.

“I’m not crying…” she said refusing the acknowledge anything. I was not going to let go until she would start talking. Then she finally opened up. “I just thought that… I lost you….” Pabo. Did she think I would go to another woman when the opportunity came or something?

“What? Why? Look-“I held her small face between my hands so I was sure that she was looking into my eyes, “I don’t know where you got the idea from, but I love you, okay? And nothing is going to change that.” The words I said made me cringe a bit in the inside. I wasn’t the type of guy to open up this easily. But it was worth it, seeing her blushing face after a while, I could feel the heat radiating from her cheeks on the palm of my hands.

I pulled her back into a hug and chuckled, “Look, just because someone likes me does not mean I’ll like them back. If we can’t trust each other, how can we go on with all the jealously right?” She nodded her head against my chest and hugged me back. “I trust you. I just don’t trust the females around you”

“You are the only woman I see, OK? So stop feeling so insecure.” I said to make her feel better.
It was nice just staying like this. But my body could not stand the lack of sleep as I slowly felt myself pass out.



~o~


Why did my bed get so small all of a sudden? What was this smell? Women’s perfume? There was something wrong… It was supposed to stink of boys sweat here. I tried to recall last night’s events. I remember hugging Jiyoon and the rest is a blur. I finally opened my eyes and found Jiyoon sleeping next to me.

“Oh so I wasn’t dreaming…” I whispered and realized that she wasn’t actually asleep anymore.

“I know you are awake.”I said smirking. But she refused to open up her eyes, “Do you want me to give you a kiss? It’ll smell so nice with our morning breath you know.”

Her eyes flew open immediately. This was quiet humorous. “Yah! That is gross. Did you really have to say that?” She shouted at me, and then closed with her hands. So cute. She looked adorable this way with her hair disheveled and all over her head.

I laughed and climbed out of the bed. “I’m going to my own dorm to wash up okay? See you later…” I told her and waved a goodbye.

“Oh! We are going to Japan again.” She suddenly said.

“When?” I asked. Why were they always in Japan? 

“Tomorrow.”

“What? You guys just came back.”

“I know but we need to promote our new single, “first” “she said.

“Okay. We were going to start working on our new album, too. So I would not be able to see you much anyways…” I said trying to make myself feel better.

“Really? Nice. We will be back in a week anyways.” She added.

“Okay, see you later. You should sleep more,” I said and placed a kiss on her forehead before exiting the room. I found Jihyun eating cereal on the couch. The rest must still be asleep I thought to myself.

“Good morning” She said when she saw me giving me a suspicious look.

“Same thing to you, too.” I said, “Well, I gotta go so see you guys later.” I added and left.
When I reached our dorm I was greeted with an angry Doojoon. “yah where the hell were you last night?”

“I think you already know. I am guessing Jihyun already called you.”

“How did you?” he said losing his confidence for a second, then gained it back again, “Still! This does not mean you can act so irresponsible.” He said, trying to do his role as the leader.

“Doojoon… save it for later please. I want to take a shower and sleep please” I said and walked pass him. When 
I was about to knock on the bathroom door it flew open and Hyunseung came out with just a towel around lower part of the body. What was up with these boys and their will to show off?

“Yah. Mr. Muscles number 2. No need to walk around . Put your clothes on.” I started nagging.

“Aish. Why did you come back? You are giving me a headache with your nagging already.” Hyunseung rolled his eyes. What was happening to my authority here? I should not stay away from the dorms too much I thought to 
myself.

“Yah Doojoon why did you let him in? You were going crazy yesterday saying Junhyung was going to suffer and stay outside…” Hyunseung asked Doojoon. Hyunseung was back being on my side. Yes!

Doojoon was making hand movements to make Hyunseung shut up. I shook my head and sighed entering the bathroom. 



~o~


Finally it was time for the concert. We had been working on our third mini album and was nearly done with the title track. This was going to be good for our comeback.

While we were at the waiting room the girls finally arrived. I was not able to meet with Jiyoon again after I had left their dorm so I half-expected Jiyoon to run to my arms just like Jihyun did to Doojoon but instead she smiled warmly at me and sat down. I knew she would not display affection in front of everyone… I was hoping the sylist noona would hurry up so that I could sit next to her. 

From the corner of my eye I saw Kikwangie finish his make-up and walk towards Jiyoon. Was he ready to talk to her now? I wondered to myself. I tried to eavesdrop on their conversation but because of all the noises it was impossible. Aish… What was I doing? We just had a fight so I would not be jealous. It is Kikwang after all, my dongsaeng. I was actually hoping that they could make up and go back to their old friendship. 

----

A/N: I'm sorry about the late update!~ Thanks for reading and commenting tho :)