How I kissed him, indirectly of course

The Impasse of My Heart

 

Chapter 7

How I kissed him, indirectly of course

It has been five days since Gayoon’s birthday had passed. We just had our comeback yesterday and we couldn’t celebrate it properly for her because of the preparations for our mini album. We decided to throw a birthday party for Gayoon and also use that to celebrate the release of our second mini album. We had our day off for just a day to rest before our schedules would go hectic. Therefore we decided to spare our rest day for Gayoon.

We invited B2ST, some of the trainees and 2AM/PM oppas. Those people were the ones we were really close to, and we didn’t want to have too many people stuffed in our small dorm. In order for the party to be a surprise we needed Gayoon to leave the house. Therefore, Jihyun called Doojoon who told Yoseob to take Gayoon out for the day. 

Everything was going according to our plan. Gayoon was away with Yoseob and we the girls were preparing our dorm. After a while the ones who were finished with their schedules for the day started to arrive. Once the ones who could make it arrived completely; Doojoon texted Yoseob to tell them to come. 

“Sohyun did you set up the Karaoke on TV?” Jihyun asked her.

“Ooops… I totally forgot.” She said, but she was already working on the balloons.

“I’ll do it,” I volunteered and walked towards our TV. However, I had no idea on how to do this. There must be instructions somewhere right? I searched the box to see the instructions booklet but found nothing. “Why did I volunteer again?” I kept on asking myself.

“Need a hand?” someone asked, I turned around and saw Junhyung looking down at me. When did he arrive? 

“Yeah, I actually do.” I said, pouting. “I have no idea how to set this up.” I sighed.

“Let me see,” he said and grabbed the cables from my hand. He started working on it, and finished it in five minutes. Wow, it was that easy? 

“Stop looking so shocked.” he said smirking.

“I am not shocked, it’s just that…” I sighed, “Okay, I admit. I was shocked. I wouldn’t be able to finish the set up that fast.” I admitted, pouting.

“Cute…” he muttered, wait did I hear that right?

I gave him a look but he looked away. Did he just call me cute?

“Umm…” there seemed to be a never-ending silence. We were sitting in front of the TV, not talking. Oh yeah, I just remembered. “You were going to tell me something yesterday” I said, to change the subject.

“Yes, I was going to,”

“Well then what is it?”

“Umm… Jiyoonah you see…” He started to say.

“Gayoon and Yoseob are right outside our apartment, you guys. Everyone hide!” A very hyper Hyuna said, who was looking out the window.

Junhyung stoop up, grabbed my hand and pulled me up as well.

“Thanks.” I muttered.

“Let’s hide,” he said and we got seated behind the couch.” Aish, I still didn’t get to hear what he was going to say…

When Gayoon and Yoseob entered we all jumped out from our places and yelled “Surprise!” then started singing the Happy Birthday song. Gayoon’s smile was so wide that the ends of her lips could reach her ears, I swear. I was glad that she was happy and not mad at us for not celebrating it on time.

The party was going pretty well… People were singing songs on the Karaoke, eating, talking. It was a very relaxing and fun mood. I looked around and saw Kikwang talking to Doojoon. I wanted things to go back to normal between me and Kikwang. After all, he was one of the few friends that I had and treasured. I just didn’t have the courage to walk up to him… I sighed.

“Jiyoon, come here,” Jihyun said motioning towards me.

“Yes?” I asked walking towards her.

“Get Junhyung, we are singing i-i-i-i-invitation,” she said giggling at her little “iiiinvitation”. 

“Junhyung” I said approaching him, “yes?” he said.

“Come on,” I said, grabbing his hand and dragging him. By the time I realized what I had just done, I was too comfortable to let go of his hand. 

“Where are you draggin’ me to?”He asked, puzzled.

“Jihyun wants you to sing.” I stated.

“But I didn’t finish eating my cake.” He whined. He was still holding onto his plate with his free hand.

“I’ll help you finish it.” I said grabbed his fork and ate a bite. 

“Here,” I said and gave him a bite as well.

“See it’s finished.” I said, then blushed, shocked at what I had just done. 

“Yes... it is…” he said, in a very low voice that it was hard to hear. Then he looked up to me and smirked.

“Then, let’s go sing” I said and walked towards the TV.

“Yo… inviting you all,” he started to rap, and we the 4Minute sang the rest of the song. 

It was fun, the party, singing along with him… It got very fun especially when the B2ST and 2PM members started to have dance battles in our living room which was too small for these beasts.

I looked over at Gayoon and realized that she wasn’t smiling. I mean she was, but it was fake. I could tell that it was fake. I walked towards her.

“Are you okay?” I asked her, “It’s your birthday party,” I stated.

“I am okay… I mean the party is amazing. Thank you guys… but…” she sighed.

“Okay, what’s bothering you, seriously? You can tell me.” I said putting one of my arms around her shoulder.

“Yoseob…”

“Eh why? Did he do something stupid when you guys were out or something?”

Oh no. We had so much fun. But I thought that he had invited me by his own will, not because you guys needed me out of the house.” She finished explaining.

“Oh.” I said, shocked. Did she like Yoseob? I mean who wouldn’t like that cute Blondie? But wow, our rich girl Gayoon, really? “So you like him?” I asked but it was more of a statement.

She blushed, and a small smile, a real one, formed around her lips. “Well…. Oh he is coming this way!” She suddenly said, panicking. 

“Birthday girl! Gayoon come here,” Yoseob said grabbed her hand and made her sit on the little couch that was right in front of the TV.

“I am going to sing a song for our birthday girl, Gayoon!” he said, then added, “I personally love this song.”

Then he started singing “Baby” by 4Men. I had heard him sing this on radio once but hearing him sing it live in 
front of us was just beautiful. I looked over at Gayoon and she was beaming with happiness.

“niga neomu yeppeujanha oh
nuneul ttel suga eobseo nae nunen neoman boyeo
neoman gyesok baro bogo sipjanha nan oh jeongmal oh baby”


When he started to sing this part he was on his knees in front of Gayoon, she was well, crimson red, from blushing. Then he got up sand the rest of the song beautifully. Gayoon was one lucky girl, I thought to myself and smiled.

Junhyung’s POV

I had woken up this morning as usual and checked my phone to see if there were any missed calls. I had a few text messages and a voice mail from my mom. I looked at the text messages first and saw a message from her. This was the first time I had received a text message from Jiyoon. When I saw her name, I was utterly surprised and excited; but to my dismay I realized that she had sent this message to everyone. I realized that when I entered the living room and saw Doojoon giving orders to Yoseob to go pick up Gayoon. Our schedule for today wasn’t as packed so I could make it to the party.

“You guys tell them that I am sick” Kikwang said suddenly, “I don’t want to go.” He added.

“Chincha, be a man, c’mon. You can’t just sulk around.” Doojoon said.

“Yeah, that will just make you look weak.”Hyunseung said to him, “and stupid,” he murmured under his breath so no one heard him, except me since I was seated next to him in the car. We were heading down to our first schedule for the day.

I smirked, but then felt bad for Kikwang. I mean, I liked the same girl and the girl liked someone else from our group. This situation was very messed up, and confusing.

“I am not going to let you ruin Gayoon’s birthday so you better get your HYUNSEUNG over there,” Yoseob burst out. 

Whoa. I had never heard our fake maknae curse out loud like that; usually I was the one who talked like that. I was being a bad influence on the kids. “What kind of an umma I am?” I thought to myself. 

“Why do you care?!”Kikwang said back to him.

“I-I-I-“ he stuttered, “Well, I just don’t want us to spoil her day that’s all…” he said as the car came to a stop and got out in front of 4minute’s dorm.

Again, whoa! Did Yoseob had a thing for Gayoon? I definitely didn’t see that one coming. Oh well, now I can use this to make him stop talking about me and Jiyoon. I wonder what she is doing right now, I thought to myself as I looked out the window of the car, before the car started to move again.

After our leader had a talk with Kikwang he decided to come to the party as well. I guess he realized that he needed to be able to face her, in order to move on and stop loving her. This was good since I needed him to move on in order for me to make a move. 

My schedule ended the same time with Hyunseung since we didn’t have anything else to do we headed down to the party. Hyuna answered the door and let us in. There were already a few people here, like JoKwon of 2AM who had come in early because he needed to get down to WGM’s shooting after saying his “happy birthday” to Gayoon. Taecyeon from 2PM was also there, helping Sohyun with the balloons. There were also a few trainees like Gina noona who was helping Jihyun in the kitchen. I finally spotted her, next to the TV looking very confused. 

Hyunseung was already helping Hyuna putting up the decorations on the wall; so I approached towards her to realize that she was trying to set up the karaoke. She looked very confused over this very easy set up. 

“Need a hand?” I asked her.

She looked at me and smiled, “Yeah, I actually do. ”she said pouting. Why was her pouting face so darn cute? “I have no idea how to set this up.”

“Let me see,” I said as I kneeled down and grabbed the cables from her hands. Then I went behind the TV and plugged in the cables to their appropriate places. Then, I looked at her whose eyes looked very shocked and impressed.

“Stop looking so shocked.” I said, smirking.

“I am not shocked, it’s just that…” She stopped for a second. Why deny it? “Okay, I admit. I was shocked. I wouldn’t be able to finish the set up that fast.” She added pouting, again. Why did she have to do that? It was just too cute and it made me want to-

“Cute…” I muttered out loud before I could stop myself. Oh DONGWOON.

She looked at me for a second but looked away quickly. Aish what should I do?

“Umm…” She seemed like she wanted to say something. Good, anything to break down the awkwardness.

“You were going to tell me something yesterday” she said. Ugh, anything but that I couldn’t tell her this now; I wanted to wait until Kikwang was OK with it. I didn’t want to ruin the bond between my members.

“Yes, I was going to,” I said. Aish, what should I do? Should I just forget about him and just ask her?

“Well then what is it?” she said, impatiently.

“Umm… Jiyoonah you see…” I started… What should I do?...

“Gayoon and Yoseob are right outside our apartment, you guys. Everyone hide!” Hyuna shouted which gave me a good opportunity. Thank you Hyuna, I thought to myself as I stood up. I pulled her up as well and she muttered thanks.

“Let’s hide,” I said and dragged her behind the couch.

After we shouted “surprise” to the shocked Gayoon, we all got a piece of cake for ourselves. I was talking to Dongwoon but it was more like him eating and me just talking nonstop. I should eat my cake, too. After all I was very hungry. 

“Junhyung” Someone called me.

“Oh, Jiyoon is calling you” Dongwoon said and resumed eating. 

“Yes?” I said turning around to face a very rushed Jiyoon.

“Come on,” She said, holding my hand and dragging me.

“Where are you draggin’ me to?” I was confused, and hungry. But then again I didn’t mind much since I was able to hold her hand.

“Jihyun wants you to sing.”She stated.

“But I didn’t finish eating my cake.” I whined, glancing at the plate on my free hand.

“I’ll help you finish it.” She said, and ate a bite. “Here,” she said and fed me a bite as well. Wait, “was this what indirect kiss was all about?”I thought to myself.

“See it’s finished.” She said, and then blushed.

“Yes... it is…” I whispered the smirked at her.

“Then, let’s go sing” She said, letting go of my hand and walking towards the TV.

The party was going pretty well, but I didn’t have any other chance to talk to her. I mean even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to tell her what I needed to. I sighed.

“What’s wrong,” Hyunseung asked approaching me.

“Nothing really, I am just a bit bored is all…” I lied. I wasn’t bored.

“Well then, come. We are going to have a dance battle with 2PM,”

“In this small dorm?” 

“Yup” he said smirking. Hey, it was my job to smirk! 

“Okay, then,” I said and walked to the center of the room where all the guys were at.

After the battle, I was tired. I was sitting on a chair when I heard Yoseob’s voice, announcing something to Gayoon. And then I heard him singing “baby baby”. So this was the way our cutie Yoseob would confess? It was very romantic and I was hundred percent sure that Gayoon was beaming with happiness when I saw the way she was looking at Yoseob while he sang. 

Then I saw Jiyoon who looked star struck as well. Wait, does this mean that she likes Yoseob, too? No that’s stupid if she did she wouldn’t look happy right now, right? Then, this meant she liked this sort of confessions. Was I supposed to serenade for her too? That would be too embarrassing. Aish, what am I thinking? I cannot confess to her until Kikwang is fine with it…


---

Thanks to everyone that spend their time reading and commenting on this fiction. Thank you guys, the comments make my day :D