How We Lived Happily Ever After

The Impasse of My Heart

 

 

Chapter 21- Epilogue

How We Lived Happily Ever After

 

It had been four years since B2ST’s first concert and also had been four years since Junhyung and I had exchanged our promise rings. In these four years many things had changed and happened. B2ST had become one of the leading groups of the Hallyu wave now and were allowed to date openly since long ago. 4Minute was doing just as fine globally. Doojoon and Jihyun had gotten into a ‘scandal’ as they were caught going on a date which had made Hong sajangnim change his rules and allow us to date openly.

He thought it was weird for people to date inside the ‘family’ since he saw all of us as his own children. But he got used to the idea when he learned about me and Junhyung, Gayoon and Yoseob and Kikwang and Hyuna. Oh yes, Hyuna and Kikwang got together on the day of their first concert. They are really cute together. Gayoon and Yoseob have their ups and downs since Yoseob is a too friendly person which makes Gayoon jealous of even the female flies around him. I used to be like that too, so I can’t make fun of Gayoon…

Doojoon and Jihyun were getting ready for their wedding which was today. People were actually happy to see the two Cube leaders as a couple and they had many supporters. They also had anti-fans but their supporters took care of the antis pretty well.

As a matter of fact I was backstage at Jihyun’s wedding site, putting on my  bridesmaid outfit. It was a hassle really. I would rather go on with my stage outfit. It was a pink floral dress with a long some-what puffy skirt and had off the shoulder top which was made out of flowers to give it an innocent look.

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. I tugged at the sides of the dress to be able to breathe a bit. It was a cute outfit. I had hair extensions on since my hair was still short.

My phone which was on the dressing table in front of me, vibrated. I quickly grabbed it and smiled when I saw the message.

“Gayoon what am I going to do? I’m so nervous.” Jihyun was saying. I turned around and  faced the girls.

“You are going to be fine.” Gayoon assured her.

“No. I look horrible, I’m not ready for this. Let’s cancel this. Yeah.” Jihyun was rambling on.

“You look beautiful unnie so stop.” Sohyun smiled.

“Yeah think about Doojoon oppa. He is out there waiting for you.” Hyuna added in her usual hyper tone.

Gayoon looked at me expectantly. “Um… well… yeah you look perfect. You are the best bride ever. I’ll be back! Bye bye!” I waved and exited the room.

“Where is she going?” Jihyun asked.

“To see Junhyung oppa probably.” Hyuna shrugged.

I left the room and Jihyun to her problems and got to the garden. It was going to be a spring like wedding at an open spaced area. There weren’t a lot of guests, just a few close friends, relatives and of course family members.

I saw Junhyung in his tuxedo and walked up to him.

“Hey, sweetie.” He said. “Let me look at you.” He held my hand and twirled me around.

“You look beautiful as usual.” He smiled.

I smirked at him. “Yeah, you don’t look so bad yourself either.”

“Is that a compliment or an insult?” He raised one eyebrow.

“It depends on how you take it.” I flashed him a mischievous smile.

“Oh you are going to get it.” He made an attempt to catch me but I jumped away, which was a stupid move. I tripped on my own skirt and nearly fell on to the floor, except that Junhyung had caught me just in time, as always.

“Easy there.” He said and I patted my skirt to fix the invisible wrinkles.

I coughed. “Thank you.” I tried to hide my embarrassment.

“No problem.” He smiled smugly.

“So why did you call me out here?”

“Well you know I at preparing events right?” Junhyung said uncomfortably.

“Yeah, I learned to live with it, these past… 4 years.” I said.

“So um… do you have your ring with you?” He asked. Why was he asking this?

“Yes.” I told him and unclasped the necklace around my neck and let the chain with the ring drop onto his palm.

He took the chain off of the ring and got on one knee. Oh… Oh. I looked down at him shocked at what he was about to do. This was so un-Junhyung-like. He stretched his hand out and asked for my hand.

I placed my hand in his palm and he placed the ring at its rightful place.

My eyes sparkled with excitement and happiness. Finally.

"Jeon Jiyoon, will you marry me and make me the happiest man alive?” Junhyung asked shyly.

“YES!” I said a bit too enthusiastically. “Ahem.” I cleared my throat. “Yes.” I said softer this time. He chuckled and stood up.

He cupped my face in his hands and placed a chaste kiss on my lips. I smiled through his kiss and pulled back.

“You know…” I started, "You were supposed to propose before putting the ring on my finger.” I .

“’Oh.” He said realizing his mistake, then smirked, “Well, I knew you were going to say yes so it doesn’t really matter.” He crossed his arms.

My jaw dropped. “It doesn’t matter? IT DOESN’T MATTER?!”  I said furiously. “This is it. No. I’m not marrying you.” I took off the ring and handed it to him. I picked up my dress to not trip this time and started walking away.

“Aww, c’mon I was joking. Of course it matters. You matter A LOT to me, don’t you forget that.” He caught up with me and spun me around to face him. “And don’t you dare take this off for the rest of your life.” He said and placed the ring on my finger once more.

I looked up at him. I was really blessed to be in love with a man like him and to have him love me back just as strongly. I did not have any plans of taking off the ring ever again.

At least,

Not until death do us apart as they say. 

~~~

A/N: Yes. This story is finally over. Did you guys enjoy it. Please leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for subscribing :) 

Check out my other 2 fics if you like Infinite :)

I'm Infinite's Chauffeur!?

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/99603/i-m-infinite-s-chauffeur-infinite-korean-kpop-romance-sunggyu-sungkyu-teentop

Studying Aroad

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/86326/studying-abroad-blockb-dongwoo-hyuna-infinite-romance-you-parkkyung

On a side note

Are you guys excited about TROUBLEMAKER? I know I am ;)